:wobbuffet: Shadow Tag: Regic Boat, VoolPool, NeonNitroGlycerin
:dugtrio: Arena Trap: Z-nogyroP, Gravity Monkey, VoolPool

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:wobbuffet: Shadow Tag: Regic Boat, VoolPool
:dugtrio: Arena Trap: Z-nogyroP, Gravity Monkey, VoolPool, NeonNitroGlycerin
Please follow the voting rules. Vote for a maximum of 3 subs please.
In the voting phase, users vote for their preferred submissions and the winning submissions are added to the role compendium and spreadsheet.
The voting format is as follows:

Role in question: 1st preferred option, 2nd preferred option, 3rd preferred option.

ViZar

your toast is burned
Winners are here and they are...
JosJet with their Arena Trap and
Ability: Arena Trap:Dugtrio:
New Effect: Prevents adjacent Ground-type foes from choosing to switch.
New Users::Hippowdon:, :Vibrava:, :Flygon:, :Krookodile: (Anger Point), :Rhyperior: (Lightning Rod), :Excadrill: (Sand Force)
Description: This would work as a Ground-type Magnet Pull. Like Magnet Pull, I made sure not to give it to any Pokémon that had super effective STAB against Ground-types and all the mons that received it were Ground-type themselves. The only Pokémon that have Ice-type coverage other than HP Ice are Hippowdon and Rhyperior and are too slow to abuse it against Ground-types that pivot.
VoolPool with their Shadow Tag!
Ability: Shadow Tag
New Effect: Pokemon switching out on this pokemon lose 1/8.
New Users: :Banette: (over insomnia), :Dusknoir:, :Cursola: :corsola-galar:
Description: Great punish for volt run however all the mons taht get it are trash bar maybe cors-g so it shouldn't be too strong.
Congratulations to both of you! For my part, I really liked the submissions from this slate and I would've been happy either way with the winners. The upcoming slate will be the last slate we have before a playtest break and since one of the next slate ideas is a minor one, I thought that we could merge them together, so welcome to...

:ss/urshifu:Slate 7: Let's go out with a Bang!:ss/dracovish:
:ss/metagross-mega::ss/gengar-mega::ss/alakazam-mega::ss/blastoise-mega::ss/kangaskhan-mega:

I know that this slate might seem like a lot to do, but some of these Pokémon don't need many changes. I will mention those in the rules:

:urshifu:
Must Keep its BST total but you can change the distribution
Unseen Fist and Wicked Blow are allowed to change
Typing can be changed, but primary typing has to be Fighting and the secondary typing has to match Wicked Blow

:dracovish:
Must Keep its BST total but you can change the distribution
Abilities and Movepool can be changed
Fishious Rend can be changed

:blastoisinite:Megas:metagrossite:
Must add 100 BST to the base form
Movepool Changes are allowed, but only if balancing around a move isn't possible (i.e. removing Shell Smash from Blastoise is allowed since it can't be balanced around it)
Abilities can be changed
Secondary type can be changed
No custom abilities
Parental Bond can be changed

Note: :kangaskhan-mega::blastoise-mega::dracovish::urshifu: were part of the "Minor Changes Slate", so they don't need many changes. Overdoing them results in a veto.

Subsmissions will last for 6 days from this post onwards.
Code:
[B]Pokémon[/B]:
[B]Changes that were made[/B]:
[B]Types[/B]:
[B]Abilities[/B]:
[B]Stats[/B]:
[B]Movepool Changes[/B]:
[B]Description[/B]: (This is an essential part of the submission, just like the other aspects)

Have FUN!

Last edited:
:ss/Dracovish:
Pokémon: Dracovish
Changes that were made: Fishous Rend
Types:

Abilities: Strong Jaw
Stats: Unchanged
Movepool Changes: Fishious Rend*
*Deals 1.5 Damage if moving first. 65 bp.
Description: Makes it hit a lot less powerful and needs rain support to break some stronger defensive cores. Cool sand mon as well but doesn't hit crazy hard esp without strong jaw. (Can't even 2hko corv using band sand rush) Most notably can't 2hko pex with Fishious anymore.

:ss/Gengar-Mega:
Pokémon: Gengar-Mega
Changes that were made: Stats
Types:

Abilities: Shadow Tag
Stats: 60/85/90/155/95/110
Movepool Changes: N/A
Description: A bulkier gengar that punishes switches with stag. (he actually doesn't hit as hard as life orb gengar but has an easier time setting up)

:ss/Blastoise-Mega:
Pokémon: Blastoise-Mega
Changes that were made: Typing, Shell Smash
Types:

Abilities: Mega Launcher
Movepool Changes: -Shell Smash
Description: Now it can be an offensive spinner besides excadrill, all without broken shell smash. I also give it dark so it Gets stab dpulse.

:ss/Kangaskhan-Mega:
Pokémon: Kangaskhan-Mega
Changes that were made: Seismic Toss
Types:

Abilities: Parental Bond
Movepool Changes: -Seismic Toss
Description: Without toss this pokemon just become considerably easier to deal with and isn't really that strong without it.

:ss/Urshifu:
Pokémon: Urshifu
Changes that were made: Wicked Blow
Types:

Abilities: Unseen Fist
Movepool Changes: Wicked Blow*
60 bp same effect. 16 pp.
Description: By making wicked a measly 60 bp it can't break as easily as before but can still nab some good kos.

:ss/Metagross-Mega:
Pokémon: Metagross-Mega
Changes that were made: Move, Ability
Types:

Abilities: Heavy Metal
Movepool Changes: +Heavy Slam
Description: By removing tough claws, it can't hit nearly as hard making it to dela with deffensively and removing bpunch makes it easier to deal with offensively.

Last edited:
Pokemon: Urshifu Single Strike
Changes: Unseen Fist, Wicked Blow
Type: Fighting/Dark
Abilities: Unseen Fist (This pokemon's punching moves can't miss.)
Movepool Changes: None
Description: A changed wicked blow and an altered unseen fist hopefully will be enough to nerf SS enough to be OU level
Wicked Blow - Dark Physical 90 BP 90 Acc 8PP Ignores all stat changes when dealing damage. (includes user's stat changes)

Pokemon: Dracovish
Changes: Stats, Ability
Type: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Water Absorb/Water Veil (H: Sand Rush)
Stats: 90/90/100/70/100/55
Description: A Speed nerf and removal of Strong Jaw makes this mon much more manageable.

:metagross-mega:
Pokemon: Mega Metagross
Changes: Ability
Type: Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Clear Body
Stats: original
Description: By removing Tough Claws it becomes much more manageable.

:gengar-mega:
Pokemon: Mega Gengar
Changes: Ability, Stats
Type: Ghost/Poison
Abilities: Illusion
Stats: 60/65/110/140/105/120
Description: A nerfed power level for more bulk but the biggest change is Illusion which makes another Illusion mon. I just want another Illusion mon.

:blastoise-mega:
Pokemon: Mega Blastoise
Changes: Typing, Movepool
Type: Water/Steel
Description: My problem with just removing shell smash is that mega blastoise isn't all too amazing without it. So to give it a boost to make it not broken but still not bad I gave it the Steel type as well. YOU CAN'T STOP ME!

:kangaskhan-mega:
Pokemon: Mega Kangaskhan
Changes: Parental Bond
Type: Normal
Abilities: Parental Bond (doesn't work with set damage moves like seismic toss anymore.)
Description: This just makes it so it can't abuse seismic toss anymore.

Message me if something needs changing also no :alakazam-mega:

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
:ss/urshifu:
Changes that were made: Type Change, Wicked Blow Change, Movepool Changes
Types:

Abilities: unchanged
Stats: unchanged
Movepool Changes: -Removed All Dark-type moves (except Taunt), +Psychic Fangs, Psychic, Expanding Force, Stored Power, Trick, Teleport, Wicked Blow is Psychic-type now
Description: I kept the original strength of Urshifu but I gave it a worse typing overall. The type combination is walled by common Pokémon like the Latis, Slowbro, Deoxys and in the future by other Psychic-types. It only has U-turn and other coverage moves (depends on the secondary type of the target) to hit the Psychics.

:ss/metagross-mega:
Pokémon: Mega Metagross
Changes that were made: Changed Ability
Types:

Abilities: Mirror Armor
Stats: 80/145/150/105/110/110
Movepool Changes: -
Description: I removed the ability and changed it to something inferior. Mirror Armor is still a good ability on its own, since it bounces back Intimidates but it removes the automatic LO boost it had before, which already removes a great amount of power from it. It also has lower speed now, leaving in vulnerable by faster Pokémon like Deoxys, Mega Gallade, the Latis, Kartana and Blacephalon.

:ss/gengar-mega:
Pokémon: Mega Gengar
Changes that were made: Type Change, Stat Changes
Types:

Stats: 60/140/75/130/75/120 (600)
Description: I gave Gengar a different typing, which only has one weakness, that can't be abused well due to its bad defensive stats. This typing is walled easier by Dark-types. I changed the stats so that it can't be a good special attacker. I wanted to focus on the newly changed Shadow Tag and really punish switches with it and a STAB Pursuit.

:ss/alakazam-mega:
Pokémon: Mega Alakazam
Changes that were made: Ability Change, Stat Changes
Types:

Abilities: Levitate
Stats: 55/70/70/155/120/130 (600)
Description: Alakazam, like Gengar, lost some of its speed and power. I also removed Trace for Levitate. While Levitate is a good ability, Trace can be really devastating when copying the abilities of walls, like Toxapex, Clefable and Blissey, or offensive threats, like Landorus, Greninja, Weather Abusers or Ultra Beasts.

I won't submit for these three (:kangaskhan-mega::blastoise-mega::dracovish:) since existing submission already are enough to make them balanced.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Types:

Movepool Changes: - Shell Smash, + Nasty Plot
Description: Removed broken Shell Smash but still got something that makes its offensive presence strong enough to be something more than a RU mon

:alakazam-mega:
Pokémon: Alakazam-Mega
Types:

Abilities: Trace
Movepool Changes: - Nasty Plot
Description: Just remove the move that broke it gg ez

Subs for other stuff are already looking very solid so thats gonna be it

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Changes that were made: -Strong Jaw, +Analytic
Types:

Abilities: Water Absorb / Analytic | HA: Sand Rush
Description: Strong Jaw is too much of a buff to Fisheous Rend's overall damage output. So I decided to take the meme of a Pokémom and play around with it. Its main attack Fisheous Rend demands you move first, but its new ability demands you move last, leafing to some interesting plays in a match. Ofcourse their effects synchronize on the switch, so while not as strong as before, switching into Fisheous Rend is still a pain. Luckily actual water types can check this now

Changes that were made: Replaced Dark typing with Fire, +10 Attack, -10 Speed, Wicked Blow now Fire type, See movepool changes.
Types:

Stats: 100 HP / 140 Atk / 100 Def / 60 SpA / 63 SpD / 87 Spe
Movepool Changes: -All Dark Attacks sans Taunt, +Flare Blitz, +Overheat, +Flame Charge, +Flamethrower, +Fire Blast, +Fire Lash, +Burning Jealousy, +Will O Wisp, +Mach Punch
Wicked Blow*: Now a Fire type move.
Description: Slightly altered how Urshifu functions. Instead of being a semi fast wallbreaker, Urshifu now fully leans into the slower but hard hitting archetype. Notably, Fire/Fighting is a typing that can be walled by a much larger variety of Pikémon, most notably Toxapex and Slowbro, ensuring that it has consistent hard counters. Wisp sounds funny and Mach Punch because Fire types lack priority. It also helps so much more Pokémon can revenge it.

Changes that were made: -Tough Claws, +Heavy Metal, See Movepool Changes
Types:

Ability: Heavy Metal
Movepool Changes: +Heavy Slam, +Heat Crash
Description: Really all you need to do is to remove the free LO that Tough Claws gives Megagross, and its overall threat level drops down by a massive amount. I decided to replace it with filler ability Heavy Metal, but at least gave it Heavy Slam and Heat Crash so that ability means something.

:ss/Alakazam-Mega:
Changes that were made: -Trace, -20 SpA, -5 Spe, +10 Def, +15 SpD, +Unaware
Types:

Ability: Unaware
Stats: 55 HP / 50 Atk / 75 Def / 155 SpA / 120 SpD / 145 Spe
Movepool Changes: Unchanged
Description: Trace has been consistently too funky to face. Alakazam hit a bit too hard. So I decided to nerf those aspects of it.
Unaware seems weird on a smart Pokémon, but my justification flavor wise is that Alakazam is so smart and so full of themselves they are unaware of their own hubris, become hyper narcissistic and become unaware of their own surrounding and others.
Anyway competitive wise, Zam's ability would work best to guarantee winning CM wars or just dunking on set up sweepers of that nature.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:ss/dracovish:
Changes that were made: -Strong Jaw, +Regenerator, +Flip Turn
Types: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Water Absorb/Regenerator/Sand Rush
Stats: 90/90/100/70/80/75
Movepool Changes: +Flip Turn
Description: Dracovish takes on a new role with access to Regenerator and Flip Turn as a bulky pivot. The removal of Strong Jaw makes it much easier to answer and makes it overall inferior to Urshifu-Rapid Strike as a Choice Band water attacker. It can now run an Assault Vest set with Regenerator and Flip Turn that also makes use of Fishious Rend and coverage to not be passive. This Assault Vest set also does notably well against rain teams due to its double resistance to water and good overall bulk. It can also be used on sand teams as an alternative to Dracozolt or Excadrill, in which it can also make use of Flip Turn to keep momentum when faced with a wall it may have trouble breaking through. Overall, this new Dracovish can be a more efficient utility pokemon.

Type: unchanged
Movepool changes: Fishious Rend*
*Now 50 BP, does not activate if the foe switches out. (Think Inverse Payback)
Changes that were made: Fishious Rend tweak
Description: With this change, Dracovish should be manageable by virtue of Pokemon actually being able to take a boosted Fishious Rend.

Last edited:
oh boy there's a lot of work to do isn't there

Pokemon: Urshifu-Single Strike
Type
:

Ability: Unseen Fist *This pokemon attempts to use Mach Punch before it faints.
Wicked Blow: Lower's the targets defense 1 stage.
Description: Both forms become better fit for revenge killing. This one strikes so hard you immediately fall back and drop your guard, ready to be hit by that devastating mach punch. Unless you happen to be a clefable well then i guess youre safe temporarily. The combination of wicked blow and unseen fist will be sure to leave a mark and doesn't completely bust urshifu, plus this way the move can actually be distributed and we don't have to worry about Sniper Wicked Blow drapion ever being a thing!

Type
:

Abilities: Water Absorb, Strong Jaw (Sand Rush)
Movepool Changes: +Toxic, Curse, Dragon Hammer.
Fishious Rend: 100 BP. +3 priority if the foe is at 50% HP or lower. (power is not doubled if you move first)
Description: This really just make Dracovish a better revenge killer and doesn't completely break it. If you're using Dracovish on sand or Arctovish on hail, if you dont kill your opponent when your weather runs out you still may have a chance. A useful mon on T-Spikes team with access to toxic, and curse as its best setup option and can go well on a Rest/Sleep Talk set.

Type
:

Ability: Tough Claws
Stats:
80 / 145 / 150 / 125 / 110 / 90 (+20 SpA, -20 SpE)
Movepool Changes: +Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Thunder.
Description: Utility-Based Wall Breaker. Pretty gross mon as always. It can switch away from Heatran or Corviknight and ko them with EQ and Volt switch if needed. It'll primarily use contact moves but can still pack a punch with special coverage as well.

Type
:

Ability: Merciless
Stats:
60 / 65 / 80 / 160 / 105 / 130 (-10 SpA, +10 SpD)
Description: Gengar just hit way too hard for its own good especially with a really broken ability luckily though the ability has since been nerfed but I had a more interesting concept in mind. Now its a lot more manageable with a pretty gimmicky ability to mesh with Hex and Venoshock. If we had an ubermons doubles, I'd run it with Poison Gas and Sludge Wave.

Pokemon: Mega Kangaskhan, Kanga
Type
:

Ability: Parental Bond
Movepool Changes: -Seismic Toss, +Flame Charge.
Description: Not a lot to say other than Flame Charge + PuP.

Type
:

Ability: Technician
Movepool Changes: -Shell Smash, +Calm Mind, Vacuum Wave
Description: Similar to scizor but it can't rely on recovery to heal consistently, allowing it to utilize its coverage options as a lategame cleaner that could even be paired up with Scizor.

Pokemon: Mega Alakazam
Type
:

Ability: Trace
Movepool Changes: -Nasty Plot, +Will-O-Wisp
Description: Utility oriented wall breaker man im starting to sense a pattern here its almost like that's the only thing i know how to make i hope that's not true. NP is really all that broke it, as much as alakazam really needed it. But now, it can at least trade that for Will-O-Wisp which can help stop the opponent from making too much progression considering how fast alakazam is.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
Alright, here's a small review post. It is quite early for a review sub, but I noticed that some people are overdoing, or in some cases underdoing, some nerfs or didn't quite understand the rules. Therefore, I wanted to clarify some things. I will still do an other review post towards the end of the submission phase. If I don't talk about a sub, it means that it is good for now.

First off, the submission template for this slate as a "Changes that were made" Category. It makes it easier to see what got changed and makes the submission clearer to understand. I would appreciate it if you implement it in your post.

:Dracovish: The nerf that you gave it isn't enough. It still does a lot of damage since it has Strong Jaw and a 127 BP move (when faster) to spam. I recommend you to use the One vs All fuction in the Calculator. It makes it easier to have an overlook at the damage output.

:blastoise-mega: Removing Shell Smash is nothing surprising, however I like the idea to give it something else for the lost of it. (Even though you weren't the first to come up with it.) Nasty Plot however, is a bit of overkill. It has the same damage output of Shell Smash and only lacks the speed of it. However, it doesn't have the defense drops either. It has very few checks and thus is too overpowered. Also something that I noticed, is the copying of other submissions. This Blastoise didn't have Nasty Plot at first, but you gave it NP after Gravity Monkey subbed their ideas. It is really suspicious when your sub got changed 14 minutes after Gravity subs their idea. This isn't a big issue here since Nasty Plot variants will get vetoed but it is honestly a really doshy move.

:alakazam-mega: This is definitively overdone. Making stat changes and removing questionable moves isn't the best idea. The stat changes could be reverted a bit (buffing its SpA and Speed) but my main problem are the removal of Recover and Psyshock. I said in the rules that removing moves is only allowed when you can't balance it otherwise. Removing Shell Smash from Blastoise is allowed since you can't balance it without removing Shell Smash. Removing moves from Alakazam isn't necessary since A. it can be balanced around Nasty Plot (see other submission) and B. Recover and Psyshock aren't moves that make it broken. Recover is nice to have, but its sets rather prefer coverage, set-up or utility. Plus, Nasty Plot sets still beat Blissey 1v1, no Psyshock needed.

:metagross-mega: Same as Alakazam. Bullet Punch isn't a move that needs to be removed since it won't be broken with it. The main problem is just the ability Tough Claws and removing it solves the brokenness of this Pokemon.

:urshifu: Minor thing. Removing Dynamic Punch won't be necessary since you will most likely run CC instead. Dynamic Punch makes it a better lead and I don't see any set outside of that where it would run Dynamic Punch.

:metagross-mega: Same thing with VoolPool's sub. Removing Bullet Punch won't be necessary and neither the Atk drop. Removing Tough Claws is enough on it.

:alakazam-mega: This is also overdone. It could need some SpA and removing Expanding Force won't be necessary since you stack weaknesses between Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele. Removing Psyshock won't be a necessity either. Refer to the comments of VoolPool for further information.

I bet you didn't see this coming. I wanted to take the opportunity and criticise myself, since I've definitively took some of the nerfs too far.

:metagross-mega: This is a minor thing, but I will reverted the stat changes since like I said (for the 3rd time now) removing Tough Claws is enough for it.

:alakazam-mega: I underdid this nerf. It is still very strong and removed 10 Spe, so that it can be dealt with more easily.

:blastoise-mega: Like I said before, I like the idea of giving it something for the lost of Shell Smash but Nasty Plot is too much for the meta. Refer to VoolPool's comment for more information.

:dracovish: The only thing that I would keep unchanged are the stats. Changing the stats isn't necessary when you change Fishious Rend,

:kangaskhan-mega: While this submission is enough, it is too similar to an existing sub, so it would be appreciated if you could make it more unique.

:blastoise-mega: I already mentioned the problems with Nasty Plot on this mod, so please refer to the comments of VoolPool. Also, while you didn't immediatly copy it, the submission feels similar to the submission of Gravity Monkey and changing the typing won't make it better (actually worse because of the extra STAB)

This is something that goes for all submitters (except me and Mossy Sandwich). In the Submission Template, there is a category called "Changes that were made". This makes it easy and clear to see what was changed from the original Pokemon. I would appreciate it if you could implement it.

That's it for now. I'm sorry VoolPool if the criticism on your subs is bigger than the others. It just happened that you were the first one who had submissions that had general problems. It is nothing against you and I appreciate that you've been sticking in this mod for long (given that it isn't the most popular mod)

Anyways, there are 4 days left and I'll do a bigger review alongside the "24 hours" warning.

Alright, here's a small review post. It is quite early for a review sub, but I noticed that some people are overdoing, or in some cases underdoing, some
I edited my subs with the changes made category, and added in all your suggestions. I also deleted my zam sub cause I didn't have any ideas other then removing NP which someone already took. Thanks. PS: Sorry Gravity Monkey for taking Nasty Plot. I just thought it was good idea to add to my sub as well.

Ema Skye

Work!
Am on phone so this will look lazy

Pokémon: Mega Blastoise
Changes that were made: ability, moves, typing, stats
Types: Water/Fighting
Abilities: Contrary
Stats: -30 SpA, +30 Atk
Movepool Changes: Superpower
Description: Can’t use shell smash but can superpower now. This ensures the base form remains viable.

Changes that were made: ability
Abilities: Water Absorb / Sand Rush / Rain Dish
Description: Rend now is way easier to switch into which is the only problem.

ViZar

your toast is burned
Sorry couldn't keep my promise, yesterday was a really complicated day. Honestly, there isn't major stuff to be discuss or pointed out, so we'll just head to the voting phase.

Types:

Description: By making wicked a measly 60 bp it can't break as easily as before but can still nab some good kos.
Pokemon: Urshifu Single Strike
Changes: Unseen Fist, Wicked Blow
Type: Fighting/Dark
Abilities: Unseen Fist (This pokemon's punching moves can't miss.)
Description: A changed wicked blow and an altered unseen fist hopefully will be enough to nerf SS enough to be OU level
Wicked Blow - Dark Physical 90 BP 90 Acc 8PP Ignores all stat changes when dealing damage. (includes user's stat changes)
:ss/urshifu:
Changes that were made: Type Change, Wicked Blow Change, Movepool Changes
Types:

Movepool Changes: -Removed All Dark-type moves (except Taunt), +Psychic Fangs, Psychic, Expanding Force, Stored Power, Trick, Teleport, Wicked Blow is Psychic-type now
Description: I kept the original strength of Urshifu but I gave it a worse typing overall. The type combination is walled by common Pokémon like the Latis, Slowbro, Deoxys and in the future by other Psychic-types. It only has U-turn and other coverage moves (depends on the secondary type of the target) to hit the Psychics.
Changes that were made: Replaced Dark typing with Fire, +10 Attack, -10 Speed, Wicked Blow now Fire type, See movepool changes.
Types:

Stats: 100 HP / 140 Atk / 100 Def / 60 SpA / 63 SpD / 87 Spe
Movepool Changes: -All Dark Attacks sans Taunt, +Flare Blitz, +Overheat, +Flame Charge, +Flamethrower, +Fire Blast, +Fire Lash, +Burning Jealousy, +Will O Wisp, +Mach Punch
Wicked Blow*: Now a Fire type move.
Description: Slightly altered how Urshifu functions. Instead of being a semi fast wallbreaker, Urshifu now fully leans into the slower but hard hitting archetype. Notably, Fire/Fighting is a typing that can be walled by a much larger variety of Pikémon, most notably Toxapex and Slowbro, ensuring that it has consistent hard counters. Wisp sounds funny and Mach Punch because Fire types lack priority. It also helps so much more Pokémon can revenge it.
Pokemon: Urshifu-Single Strike
Type
:

Ability: Unseen Fist *This pokemon attempts to use Mach Punch before it faints.
Wicked Blow: Lower's the targets defense 1 stage.
Description: Both forms become better fit for revenge killing. This one strikes so hard you immediately fall back and drop your guard, ready to be hit by that devastating mach punch. Unless you happen to be a clefable well then i guess youre safe temporarily. The combination of wicked blow and unseen fist will be sure to leave a mark and doesn't completely bust urshifu, plus this way the move can actually be distributed and we don't have to worry about Sniper Wicked Blow drapion ever being a thing!
Changes that were made: Fishous Rend
Types:

Abilities: Strong Jaw
Movepool Changes: Fishious Rend*
*Deals 1.5 Damage if moving first. 65 bp.
Description: Makes it hit a lot less powerful and needs rain support to break some stronger defensive cores. Cool sand mon as well but doesn't hit crazy hard esp without strong jaw. (Can't even 2hko corv using band sand rush) Most notably can't 2hko pex with Fishious anymore.
Changes: Stats, Ability
Type: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Water Absorb/Water Veil (H: Sand Rush)
Stats: 90/90/100/70/100/55
Description: A Speed nerf and removal of Strong Jaw makes this mon much more manageable.
Types:

Description: Strong Jaw is too much of a buff to Fisheous Rend's overall damage output. So I decided to take the meme of a Pokémom and play around with it. Its main attack Fisheous Rend demands you move first, but its new ability demands you move last, leafing to some interesting plays in a match. Ofcourse their effects synchronize on the switch, so while not as strong as before, switching into Fisheous Rend is still a pain. Luckily actual water types can check this now
:ss/dracovish:
Changes that were made: -Strong Jaw, +Regenerator, +Flip Turn
Types: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Water Absorb/Regenerator/Sand Rush
Stats: 90/90/100/70/80/75
Movepool Changes: +Flip Turn
Description: Dracovish takes on a new role with access to Regenerator and Flip Turn as a bulky pivot. The removal of Strong Jaw makes it much easier to answer and makes it overall inferior to Urshifu-Rapid Strike as a Choice Band water attacker. It can now run an Assault Vest set with Regenerator and Flip Turn that also makes use of Fishious Rend and coverage to not be passive. This Assault Vest set also does notably well against rain teams due to its double resistance to water and good overall bulk. It can also be used on sand teams as an alternative to Dracozolt or Excadrill, in which it can also make use of Flip Turn to keep momentum when faced with a wall it may have trouble breaking through. Overall, this new Dracovish can be a more efficient utility pokemon.
Type: unchanged
Movepool changes: Fishious Rend*
*Now 50 BP, does not activate if the foe switches out. (Think Inverse Payback)
Changes that were made: Fishious Rend tweak
Description: With this change, Dracovish should be manageable by virtue of Pokemon actually being able to take a boosted Fishious Rend.
Type
:

Abilities: Water Absorb, Strong Jaw (Sand Rush)
Movepool Changes: +Toxic, Curse, Dragon Hammer.
Fishious Rend: 100 BP. +3 priority if the foe is at 50% HP or lower. (power is not doubled if you move first)
Description: This really just make Dracovish a better revenge killer and doesn't completely break it. If you're using Dracovish on sand or Arctovish on hail, if you dont kill your opponent when your weather runs out you still may have a chance. A useful mon on T-Spikes team with access to toxic, and curse as its best setup option and can go well on a Rest/Sleep Talk set.
Changes that were made: ability
Abilities: Water Absorb / Sand Rush / Rain Dish
Description: Rend now is way easier to switch into which is the only problem.
:ss/alakazam-mega:
Pokémon: Mega Alakazam
Changes that were made: Ability Change, Stat Changes
Types:

Abilities: Levitate
Stats: 55/70/70/155/120/130 (600)
Description: Alakazam, like Gengar, lost some of its speed and power. I also removed Trace for Levitate. While Levitate is a good ability, Trace can be really devastating when copying the abilities of walls, like Toxapex, Clefable and Blissey, or offensive threats, like Landorus, Greninja, Weather Abusers or Ultra Beasts.
Types:

:ss/Alakazam-Mega:
Changes that were made: -Trace, -20 SpA, -5 Spe, +10 Def, +15 SpD, +Unaware
Types:

Ability: Unaware
Stats: 55 HP / 50 Atk / 75 Def / 155 SpA / 120 SpD / 145 Spe
Movepool Changes: Unchanged
Description: Trace has been consistently too funky to face. Alakazam hit a bit too hard. So I decided to nerf those aspects of it.
Unaware seems weird on a smart Pokémon, but my justification flavor wise is that Alakazam is so smart and so full of themselves they are unaware of their own hubris, become hyper narcissistic and become unaware of their own surrounding and others.
Anyway competitive wise, Zam's ability would work best to guarantee winning CM wars or just dunking on set up sweepers of that nature.
Pokemon: Mega Alakazam
Type
:

Ability: Trace
Movepool Changes: -Nasty Plot, +Will-O-Wisp
Description: Utility oriented wall breaker man im starting to sense a pattern here its almost like that's the only thing i know how to make i hope that's not true. NP is really all that broke it, as much as alakazam really needed it. But now, it can at least trade that for Will-O-Wisp which can help stop the opponent from making too much progression considering how fast alakazam is.
:ss/Metagross-Mega:
Changes that were made: Move, Ability
Types:

Abilities: Heavy Metal
Movepool Changes: +Heavy Slam
Description: By removing tough claws, it can't hit nearly as hard making it to dela with deffensively and removing bpunch makes it easier to deal with offensively.
Changes: Ability
Type: Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Clear Body
Stats: original
Description: By removing Tough Claws it becomes much more manageable.
Pokémon: Mega Metagross
Changes that were made: Changed Ability
Types:

Abilities: Mirror Armor
Stats: 80/145/150/105/110/110
Description: I removed the ability and changed it to something inferior. Mirror Armor is still a good ability on its own, since it bounces back Intimidates but it removes the automatic LO boost it had before, which already removes a great amount of power from it. It also has lower speed now, leaving in vulnerable by faster Pokémon like Deoxys, Mega Gallade, the Latis, Kartana and Blacephalon.
Types:

Description: Really all you need to do is to remove the free LO that Tough Claws gives Megagross, and its overall threat level drops down by a massive amount. I decided to replace it with filler ability Heavy Metal, but at least gave it Heavy Slam and Heat Crash so that ability means something.
Type
:

Ability: Tough Claws
Stats:
80 / 145 / 150 / 125 / 110 / 90 (+20 SpA, -20 SpE)
Movepool Changes: +Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Thunder.
Description: Utility-Based Wall Breaker. Pretty gross mon as always. It can switch away from Heatran or Corviknight and ko them with EQ and Volt switch if needed. It'll primarily use contact moves but can still pack a punch with special coverage as well.
:ss/Blastoise-Mega:
Changes that were made: Typing, Shell Smash
Types:

Description: Now it can be an offensive spinner besides excadrill, all without broken shell smash. I also give it dark so it Gets stab dpulse.
Changes: Typing, Movepool
Type: Water/Steel
Description: My problem with just removing shell smash is that mega blastoise isn't all too amazing without it. So to give it a boost to make it not broken but still not bad I gave it the Steel type as well. YOU CAN'T STOP ME!
Type
:

Description: Similar to scizor but it can't rely on recovery to heal consistently, allowing it to utilize its coverage options as a lategame cleaner that could even be paired up with Scizor.
Types:

Description: A bulkier gengar that punishes switches with stag. (he actually doesn't hit as hard as life orb gengar but has an easier time setting up)
Changes: Ability, Stats
Type: Ghost/Poison
Abilities: Illusion
Stats: 60/65/110/140/105/120
Description: A nerfed power level for more bulk but the biggest change is Illusion which makes another Illusion mon. I just want another Illusion mon.
:ss/gengar-mega:
Pokémon: Mega Gengar
Changes that were made: Type Change, Stat Changes
Types:

Stats: 60/140/75/130/75/120 (600)
Description: I gave Gengar a different typing, which only has one weakness, that can't be abused well due to its bad defensive stats. This typing is walled easier by Dark-types. I changed the stats so that it can't be a good special attacker. I wanted to focus on the newly changed Shadow Tag and really punish switches with it and a STAB Pursuit.
Type
:

Ability: Merciless
Stats:
60 / 65 / 80 / 160 / 105 / 130 (-10 SpA, +10 SpD)
Description: Gengar just hit way too hard for its own good especially with a really broken ability luckily though the ability has since been nerfed but I had a more interesting concept in mind. Now its a lot more manageable with a pretty gimmicky ability to mesh with Hex and Venoshock. If we had an ubermons doubles, I'd run it with Poison Gas and Sludge Wave.
Types:

Description: Without toss this pokemon just become considerably easier to deal with and isn't really that strong without it.
Pokemon: Mega Kangaskhan
Changes: Parental Bond
Type: Normal
Abilities: Parental Bond (doesn't work with set damage moves like seismic toss anymore.)
Description: This just makes it so it can't abuse seismic toss anymore.
Pokemon: Mega Kangaskhan, Kanga
Type
:

Ability: Parental Bond
Movepool Changes: -Seismic Toss, +Flame Charge.
Description: Not a lot to say other than Flame Charge + PuP.
Please tell me if I missed someone.

These submissions are vetoed and can't be voted for:
Types:

Movepool Changes: - Shell Smash, + Nasty Plot
Description: Removed broken Shell Smash but still got something that makes its offensive presence strong enough to be something more than a RU mon
Nasty Plot is too much. Give it something else for the removal of Shell Smash.

Am on phone so this will look lazy

Pokémon: Mega Blastoise
Changes that were made: ability, moves, typing, stats
Types: Water/Fighting
Abilities: Contrary
Stats: -30 SpA, +30 Atk
Movepool Changes: Superpower
Description: Can’t use shell smash but can superpower now. This ensures the base form remains viable.
I get the idea behind the sub, but Blastoise can still Shell Smash pre-mega and the new typing and higher attack make up for the lost of the special attack.

Here are the Voting Rules and Votes will last for 72 hours.
In the voting phase, users vote for their preferred submissions and the winning submissions are added to the role compendium and spreadsheet.
The voting format is as follows:

Role in question: 1st preferred option, 2nd preferred option, 3rd preferred option.

Note: These self voting rules and the explanation are from good user lyd, slightly adapted to fit this pet mod
If you want to vote for yourself now, it gets slightly more complicated. You can always keep voting for yourself as second, but you can change the order a bit, for as long as the number of self-votes equals 2x the number of submissions you made. Let's use some examples to make it more understandable:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Lyd, Ludicrousity
Special Wall: Ludicrousity, Lyd, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Lyd, Yoshiblaze

So this voting format is good, cuz' Lyd voted for himself as second three times, and when you add everything up, he gave himself 6 votes, which is fine, as it is exactly the number of submissions he made for the slate x2. However, say he liked his Stallbreaker submission a lot, and he really wants it to win, he can play around with his votes a little bit:

Stallbreaker: Lyd, Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity
Special Wall: Ludicrousity, Lyd, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze, Lyd

So to make his Stallbreaker first vote, he moved his Defensive Pivot self-vote to last. Makes sense, right? And when you add up the votes, 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 which is exactly what he wants. Let's say that he likes his Special Wall and Defensive Pivot submissions more, and he didn't like his Stallbreaker submission too much. He can do this:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity, G-Luke
Special Wall: Lyd, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Lyd, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze

3 + 3 adds up to six, so he's good to that. Small note that this can't be done if he made no Stallbreaker submission because if that was the case, the number of submissions he made x2 would actually end up as 4, which isn't enough. Also, had he only made a single submission, he'd always have to self-vote as #2 or lower because making only one submission gives him only two self-vote points. We hope that was clear, if you had any trouble to understand this, feel free to PM anyone from the council and we'll explain it as best as we can.
Anyways, that's it for now.
Have a nice day and stay safe! Cya!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:Urshifu:: ViZar, Voolpool, G-Luke
:Dracovish:: G-Luke, Mossy Sandwich, Voolpool
:Alakazam-Mega:: Gravity Monkey, abismal, ViZar
:Metagross-Mega:: G-Luke, ViZar, PalpitoadChamp
:Blastoise-Mega:: Voolpool, abismal, PalpitoadChamp
:Gengar-Mega:: abismal, Voolpool, ViZar
:Kangaskhan-Mega:: Voolpool, PalpitoadChamp, abismal

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Been struggling to get my motivation up to sub for this mod recently, was hoping to do it this Slate but ran out of time. Excited for the playtesting break though.

:urshifu: : ViZ, G-Luke, abismal
Mr Fish :dracovish: : G-Luke, Mossy, abismal
:alakazam-mega: : GMonkey, ViZ, Abismal
:metagross-mega: : G-Luke, ViZ, abismal
:blastoise-mega: : abismal, Palpitoadchamp, Voolpool

I’ll finish the rest of my votes later today.

Last edited:
Urshifu: G-luke, VoolPool, ViZar
Dracovish: G-luke, Mossy Sandwich, abismal
M-alakazam: ViZar, G-luke, Gravity Monkey
M-metagross - VoolPool, ViZar, PelpitoadChamp
M-blastoise: pelpitoadchamp, Abismal, Voolpool
M-gengar: Voolpool, ViZar, PelpitoadChamp
M-kang: VoolPool, pelpitoad champ, abismal

:urshifu:One Punch Bear - VoolPool, abismal, PalpitoadChamp
:dracovish:Rend go brrrr - G-Luke, Mossy Sandwich, PalpitoadChamp
:alakazam-mega:Silverware Mega - abismal, Gravity Monkey, ViZar
:metagross-mega:Tough Claws Mega - G-Luke, VoolPool, PalpitoadChamp
:blastoise-mega:Shell Smasher - VoolPool, PalpitoadChamp, abismal
:gengar-mega:Shadow Execration - ViZar, abismal, PalpitoadChamp

Last edited:
:Urshifu:: VoolPool, abismal, PalpitoadChamp
:Dracovish:: G-Luke, Ema Skye, abismal
:Alakazam-Mega:: Gravity Monkey
:Metagross-Mega:: G-Luke, VoolPool, ViZar
:Blastoise-Mega:: PalpitoadChamp, abismal, VoolPool
:Gengar-Mega:: VoolPool, PalpitoadChamp, abismal
:Kangaskhan-Mega:: abismal, VoolPool, PalpitoadChamp

will vote for rest shortly

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
:Urshifu:: ViZar, G-Luke, Voolpool
:Dracovish:: G-Luke, Mossy Sandwich, Voolpool
:Alakazam-Mega:: Gravity Monkey, abismal, ViZar
:Metagross-Mega:: G-Luke, ViZar, PalpitoadChamp
:Blastoise-Mega:: Voolpool, abismal, PalpitoadChamp
:urshifu:One Punch Bear - VoolPool, PalpitoadChamp, abismal
:dracovish:Rend go brrrr - G-Luke, Mossy Sandwich, PalpitoadChamp
:alakazam-mega:Silverware Mega - abismal, Gravity Monkey, ViZar
:metagross-mega:Tough Claws Mega - G-Luke, VoolPool, PalpitoadChamp
:blastoise-mega:Shell Smasher - PalpitoadChamp, VoolPool, abismal
:gengar-mega:Shadow Execration - PalpitoadChamp, ViZar, Abismal
:kangaskhan-mega:Momma Punch - abismal, VoolPool, PalpitoadChamp
I just realised that these votes are breaking the Self Vote Rules. The Self Votes have to result in a total point number of 6.
1st Place are 3 points, 2nd Place 2 points and 3rd Place 1 point.
For G-Luke, you voted for yourself 2 times in 3rd place and 1 time in 2nd place, which results in a total number of 8. You can remove your second place vote or make the first place votes second place ones.

As for PalpitoadChamp, you have a total of 11 points/voted for yourself 6 times (two 1st place votes, one 2nd place votes and three 3rd place votes). Please change the votes according to the rules.

Sorry for the inconviniences.
I'll extend the voting phase for 24 hours, so that these changes can be implemented and so that some voters can finish their votes.

:dracovish: Gluke, Mossy Sandwich. Palpitoad Champ
:alakazam-mega: Abisimal, Gravity Monkey, G-Luke
:gengar-mega: VoolPool, ViZar, Abisimal
:metagross-mega: Gluke, Palpitoad champ, VoolPool
:kangaskhan-mega: VoolPool, abisimal,
:Urshifu: abisimal, VoolPool, ViZar,
:Blastoise-Mega: abisimal, palpitoad champ

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
This was a long and exhausting slate, but here are out winners! Congratulations to...
VoolPool for winning Mega Gengar, Mega Kangaskhan and Urshifu...
Types:

Types:

Types:

...Gravity Monkey for winning Mega Alakazam...
Types:

...G-Luke for winning Dracovish and Mega Metagross...
Types:

Types:

and last but not least, abimsal for winning Mega Blastoise!
Type
:

As mentioned before, we are heading to a playtest phase and see how the meta develops. We will try to create a Viability Ranking, Role Compendium and Sample Teams.

Also, in case you didn't know.
:ss/blaziken:
National Dex unbanned regular Blaziken. Now what do we do? Simple, we won't touch it and simply unban it. This doesn't affect Mega Blaziken however. The Mega will be changed but the base form will not be changed.

With that out of the way, I'll close this slate and head to the the playtest break. It will last 2-3 weeks, so there will be a lot of playing and several tours.

That's it for now. Cya!​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)