Project SS OU Teambuilding Lab [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a tapu lele + magnezone team, I see no love for lele
:tapu lele::magnezone::Tornadus-Therian::landorus-therian::urshifu-rapid-strike::Ferrothorn:
https://pokepast.es/72bd7fc550bfe0b3

Sorry for the wait dude, here's the team. Made a hazard stack BO centered around breaking steels to clean with lele late game.

I chose scarf lele for this team because it's a bit unexpected and it synergizes well with mag + urshifu. It has the added benefit of revenge killing a large portion of the meta, to include top tier threats like dragapult and weavile. Mag does mag things, and ID BP I the most consistent way to trap ferro, which is why I chose this set. The EVs outspeed min speed heatran + a few extra points, but you can go faster if you want since BP does a good chunk. Torn T acts as a glue that stops grass spam in its tracks, defogs reliably, and pivots on everything. Air slash is chosen here because hurricane is a bad move and air slash still KOes shifu after a tiny amount of chip, like 10% which is really easy through hazards or ferro iron Barbs. Lando T sets up rocks and pivots around on things and prevents electrics from running through the team. Shifu was added to punch holes and help pressure heatran and weavile. Aqua Jet is here to revenge volcarona but can be changed to thunder punch if you're scared of pex. If you want some real heat though run zen Headbutt since it synergizes well with Psychic terrain. Lastly, ferro set up Spikes, annoys half the meta, and knocks off items to help the team out.

Shifu can be a bit annoying, but is manageable with the amount of 50/50s it has to win and Torn from full can always come in. Mag can also eat a hit with its chople intact if it's above 72% and OHKO with tbolt. Heatran can also pressure the team a bit so Knock its Leftovers off early and pressure it with hazards. Make sure you keep Lando healthy for Volcarona so you can Toxic it and just make sure you don't have terrain up so you can revenge with urshifu. Everything else should be relatively manageable.

Enjoy the team!

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
I'd like a team with the Demon Mew (speed could be adjusted depending on the team): https://pokepast.es/33d0d0371b475a0e
Here’s the team: :mew::togekiss::landorus-therian::melmetal::zeraora::azumarill:
:mew: I took the liberty of slightly adjusting ur original set, of course the original set absolutely cooks weavile but this set is better in almost every other situation. It solos stall and fat teams. The speed is to outspeed jolly :urshifu:

:togekiss: With the disappearance of the homie cloyster, of course the new cheese HO staple has now risen up. With those evs you can live banded shifu surging strikes from full and avoid a 2hko from specs pult shadow ball. Draining kiss can be used over aura sphere if you r confident in flinching :heatran: down. In fact I think draining kiss is the much better option since your able to completely heal up after killing shifu/pult with salac. But it’s a significant trade off.

:landorus-therian: and :melmetal: form a great defensive back bone. Imprison can be used over sd which I found really helpful for togekiss and preventing rocks from going up. Melmetal also avoids a 2hko from specs pult shadowball. Overall this team puts tremendous pressure on dark types for mew to clean up easier.

:zeraora: as the speed control here and another great late game cleaner once the opposing lando gets inevitably chipped by melmetal and knock. Catching opposing lando with your own boom is often worth the trade.

:azumarill: Quite an underrated mon right now, able to temporarily serve as your shifu and weavile switchin. Not to mention great breaking power and destroys balance cores containing :slowking-galar: :corviknight: and :landorus-therian:.

it was all Gomi on deciding to make cheese ho!
:mew::togekiss::weavile::landorus-therian::melmetal::zeraora:
Only difference here is bpress>taunt on mew and weavile>azumarill.

Last edited:
Hi, I'd like to request a team with Rhyperior, thanks :)
Here's the team: :Rhyperior: :Tapu Lele: :Hydreigon: :Heatran: :Corviknight: :Amoonguss: (Click the sprites for the import)
This team is a bulky offense build around Band Rhyperior and Scarf Tapu Lele.
Rhyperior hits like a truck and can break through a lot of common defensive cores.
Tapu Lele is also a heavy hitter, providing terrain support and a speed control to the team, being able to outspeed and OHKO Pokémon like Weavile and Dragapult.
Hydreigon is used as the Heatran answer and Dark-type resistance of the team, also pressuring opposing teams with Nasty Plot.
Heatran is chosen as the Stealth Rock setter of the team, also checking Clefable and Volcarona.
Corviknight is the hazard control of the team, also providing momentum with U-Turn and checking the likes of Rillaboom, Kartana, Melmetal and Weavile.
Amoonguss is the last Pokémon of the team, giving Spore support and an answer to Urshifu-R and Tapu Fini to the team.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Requesting a team with sub NP Hydreigon. Thank you so much!
:hydreigon::garchomp::tapu koko::weavile::kartana::zeraora:(click sprites for import)
I decided to throw it back to pre-dlc meta with this Belch Hydreigon set, capable of luring and blowing back most of the relevant Fairy-types in the tier while being able to clean up efficiently with a Salac Berry Speed boost. Its natural habitat is on a setup-spam based dual screens hyper offense like this, combined with teammates to take advantage of its unique support while blowing past its natural checks in Weavile, Toxapex, and Steel-types primarily. The biggest annoyance to this set by far is Weavile, which can break its Substitute with Triple Axel and revenge kill it with Ice Shard. Yache Berry Garchomp is a solid way to lure and get rid of it, and benefits from Hydreigon's removal of Clefable and Tapu Fini.

This team focuses mainly on overloading Steel-types and Toxapex for an eventual sweep from one of the several win conditions. Tapu Koko's dual screens support gives the whole team ample setup opportunities, and makes taking care of offensive threats like Tapu Lele and opposing Tapu Koko much easier.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
I‘d love to see a team about my two favorites, Clefable and Slobro
never too late for obesity
:slowbro::slowking-galar::buzzwole::corviknight::gastrodon-east::clefable:(click sprites for import)
Hi, I built this team for a tournament game about a week ago but realized it fit well with this request. I chose to build this stall around the core of Slowbro + Buzzwole, a physically defensive core capable of taking on most of the wallbreakers in the tier while giving the team some of its own offensive presence. Whirlpool Galarian Slowking was a nice touch alongside Calm Mind Clefable and Buzzwole to get rid of Toxapex, which sits on pretty much every team lacking its own Toxapex.

The rest of the defensive core is pretty simple. Galarian Slowking + Corviknight + Gastrodon cover the vast majority of special attackers in the tier - just hope you don't get spdef dropped by Shadow Ball! Play aggressively around Future Sight users and beware of the Aerial Acers!
Here's the replay that I used the team in: be extremely wise in your usage of Whirlpool, and take as much time as you need to condition for the right result.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1383927153-2hmm21u930wr1yzwasasvknz70ncjqrpw

airfare

OUPL Champion
We've managed to cut down ~60 requests to 6!

The Teambuilding Lab is now open! Thanks to the rest of the team for helping grind these out in such a relatively short time period.
All of the original rules still apply with requesting teams.

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hey! Can I request a team around Hatterene? as it has been a sleeper pick imo given that CM can be p decent if well used, though it has problems vs Tran so I'd like to see how u guys can make a team around this!.
And also, TR is super fire too, so totally up to the builder if builds a TR or a CM Hatt team or both.
Pce!

The stall teams here are all pretty lit. But I’d like to request a stall team around a mon that I’ve seen a lot lately, AV Reuniclus.

:ss/reuniclus:
Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Infestation
- Knock Off
- Psyshock
- Night Shade

The set doesn’t have to be exactly the same, but the point of it is to switch into Kyurem, Tapu Lele, and absorb other special attacks. Infestation puts pressure on the opponent and traps Toxapex, Slowking-G, and Tapu Fini. Thanks!

Requesting a team based off of Expert Belt Mew, specifically this set:

Mew @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Earthquake
- Close Combat

I remember this being talked about in the OU Discord, it has amazing coverage that can hit everyone in the tier for atleast neutral damage, and I feel like it would be good to soften up teams. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)