DP Research Thread #3 ("Newer")

Something I've been wondering about - if one Pokemon is faster than the other, but they both have leftovers, does the game have the faster Pokemon as receiving the lefties recovery first?

From what I've noticed, whenever two Pokemon are in, and they have an item like Leftovers that works every turn, the slower Pokemon always receives the recovery last. It not only seems to work with that, but with switching as well. For example, if I have ScarfHeatran out, and my opponent has a Gengar out, and we both switch, I always switch first since I'm faster. This could be used to determine whether your opponent is scarfed or not, like in the above situation.

Can anbody else confirm this?

I have failed utterly to find an easy list of the moves affected by King's Rock (and hence Razor Fang). The only solution was to download the raw databases for veekun's Pokedex and painstakingly make a list by hand. Smogon's datadex pages should change this by having this list under both King's Rock and Razor Fang:

Pound, Karate Chop, Doubleslap, Comet Punch, Mega Punch, Pay Day, Scratch, Vicegrip, Razor Wind, Cut, Gust, Wing Attack, Fly, Bind, Slam, Vine Whip, Double Kick, Mega Kick, Jump Kick, Rolling Kick, Horn Attack, Fury Attack, Tackle, Wrap, Take Down, Thrash, Double-edge, Pin Missile, Sonicboom, Water Gun, Hydro Pump, Surf, Hyper Beam, Peck, Drill Peck, Submission, Low Kick, Seismic Toss, Strength, Razor Leaf, Solarbeam, Petal Dance, Dragon Rage, Fire Spin, Rock Throw, Earthquake, Dig, Quick Attack, Rage, Night Shade, Bide, Selfdestruct, Egg Bomb, Waterfall, Clamp, Swift, Skull Bash, Spike Cannon, Hi Jump Kick, Barrage, Sky Attack, Psywave, Crabhammer, Explosion, Fury Swipes, Bonemerang, Slash, Struggle, Triple Kick, Snore, Flail, Aeroblast, Reversal, Mach Punch, Faint Attack, Bone Rush, Outrage, Rollout, False Swipe, Fury Cutter, Steel Wing, Return, Frustration, Magnitude, Megahorn, Dragonbreath, Rapid Spin, Vital Throw, Hidden Power, Cross Chop, Twister, Extremespeed, Whirlpool, Beat Up, Uproar, Spit Up, Revenge, Brick Break, Endeavor, Eruption, Dive, Arm Thrust, Ice Ball, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Meteor Mash, Weather Ball, Air Cutter, Overheat, Silver Wind, Signal Beam, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, Sand Tomb, Muddy Water, Bullet Seed, Aerial Ace, Icicle Spear, Dragon Claw, Frenzy Plant, Bounce, Mud Shot, Poison Tail, Volt Tackle, Magical Leaf, Leaf Blade, Rock Blast, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Psycho Boost, Wake-up slap, Hammer Arm, Gyro Ball, Brine, Pluck, U-turn, Close Combat, Payback, Assurance, Trump Card, Wring Out, Punishment, Last Resort, Sucker Punch, Force Palm, Aura Sphere, Poison Jab, Dark Pulse, Night Slash, Aqua Tail, Seed Bomb, Air Slash, X-scissor, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Power Gem, Drain Punch, Vacuum Wave, Brave Bird, Earth Power, Giga Impact, Bullet Punch, Avalanche, Ice Shard, Shadow Claw, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Shadow Sneak, Mud Bomb, Psycho Cut, Zen Headbutt, Mirror Shot, Flash Cannon, Rock Climb, Draco Meteor, Discharge, Lava Plume, Leaf Storm, Power Whip, Rock Wrecker, Cross Poison, Gunk Shot, Iron Head, Magnet Bomb, Stone Edge, Grass Knot, Judgment, Bug Bite, Charge Beam, Wood Hammer, Aqua Jet, Attack Order, Head Smash, Double Hit, Roar Of Time, Spacial Rend, Crush Grip, Magma Storm, Seed Flare, Ominous Wind, Shadow Force

Also, along with the answer to the question no one asked, I'll ask a question no one seems to be asking. What exactly does the Micle Berry do? It says it raises accuracy just once. Is it just an item version of Lock-On? If so, does that mean you can just switch after your foe's Micle activates and ruin the item?

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm struggling to find an attack that isn't on that list.

/edit: Rock Slide, there we go...

Well, False Swipe can break a Substitute of a pokemon at 1 HP, but 1 HP Substitute is impossible as the lowest non Sheddy HP is 11
Why is it impossible to have a substitute with 1 hp left? Just get a level 1 whatever to use seismic toss/night shade twice on that diglett's substitute. Viola, it has 1 hp left.

No...

A Sub is equal to one quarter of the Pokemon's HP, right? So we get our level 1 Diglett with 0 HP IVS/EVS, so it has an HP of 11.

A quarter of 11 rounds down to 2. Now, we get ourselves a level 1 Gastly who knows Nightshade. Now, we use Nightshade on the Sub. The Sub is now a 1 HP Sub, as 2 minus 1 = 1.

Then, we switch back to our False Swiper, and test to see if the False Swiper break the 1 HP Sub.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Stealth Rock:

Togekiss- maxHP=374, damage=93
Yanmega- maxHP=330, damage=165
Gliscor- maxHP=315, damage=39
Snorlax- maxHP=458, damage=57

Damage = floor(HP/4) for Togekiss
Damage = floor(HP/2) for Yanmega
Damage = floor(HP/8) for Gliscor and Snorlax

Another way to get a 1hp sub is to have a pokemon with 101hp substitute be attacked by a seismic toss from a level 100 pokemon. The sub will then be left with 1hp.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stall Pokemon that activate a Quick Claw go before ordinary Pokemon. I don't know if Stall comes into play at all when two Quick Claw Pokemon activate at the same time.
In retrospect, I should have assumed this, and not the reverse. Lagging Tail trumps Stall, so it would "make sense" that items supercede traits as far as turn order goes. Of course, this is Pokemon, so you can't rely on that.

Too Hungry recommended me to post this here

zukirin said:
I just had a wierd thing happen to me.

I set up everything on my BP team including ingrain then when I BP it to my sweeper, my opponent used roar and it worked...ruined everything.

My question is, is it a % thing that ingrain would prevent Phaze moves? Or does it only last for a limited time? The thing is that it lasted like 15 turns (still healing me) so I doubt it has something to do with time restraints

was that in game or shoddy? that would be important because Shoddy doesn't have all the effects programmed in yet

It was on wifi. I set up Ingrain near the beginning of the match w/ Smeargle, then from there I trapped my opponents Umbreon, then bp'd from one pokemon to the next pumping up my stats and creating subs. This took approx 30 turns. Then I bp'd to Lucario who ko'd his Umbreon. He then sends out Bastiodon who hangs on w/ focus sash then roars me away.

I apologize for posting something you may already know, but in a recent Shoddy battle I found that Slack Off only heals 25% if you're poisoned. I'm not sure if this is the case in Toxic poisoning though.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if this is already known, but…

If you bring a Pokémon with a weather changing ability into the field, and said weather is already active at that time (say, bring in Tyranitar after someone already used Sandstorm); rather than the ability simply not activating and the weather ending normally (ADV behaviour), the ability will override the weather and, simply put, replace the normal weather with infinite weather, even if it's the same weather type.

Source: YouTube video

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Sorry if this is already known, but…

If you bring a Pokémon with a weather changing ability into the field, and said weather is already active at that time (say, bring in Tyranitar after someone already used Sandstorm); rather than the ability simply not activating and the weather ending normally (ADV behaviour), the ability will override the weather and, simply put, replace the normal weather with infinite weather, even if it's the same weather type.

Source: YouTube video
Had this happen numerous times against Bertha, so I believe it's already known.

Say a pokemon uses Bug Bite on an opponent who is holding a Jaboca berry. Will the berry be removed from the opponent, and will this prevent the attacking pokemon from receiving recoil damage? Also, if a pokemon uses Bug Bite on an opponent who is holding a Rowap berry, will the berry be removed from the opponent?

I want to bring up Choice Specs Kingdra. I knwo its usually recommended that you put HP (Electric) on it to handle Empoleon, but would it benefit more from HP (Fire)? With HP fire, Kingdra gets a neutral hit on Empoleon, but gets a supereffective hit on noteably Forretress, Skarmory, Magnezone, Shedinja, and Steel type Arceus, all of which resist Draco Meteor, and only take neutral damage to Surf. Is it worth it?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
if my jirachi uses wish then next turn i U-turn to salamence (jirachi takes the attack, it is slower) but mence dies to SR as it swiches in, i switch straight to deoxys-e (on about 70%). should deoxys get the effects of wish? or are they lost?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)