Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

To be fair Voltorb is just what everyone immediately jumped to, one of the hints was just a Pokéball and people thought it could only be voltorb. A lot of the mons listed are mostly people's interpretations of the hints.
I'd been wondering. Has anyone seen Foongus lately?... No?

Predictions
- the rumored new Sneasel evolution that's the rock climber
- H. Arcanine ( The stoutland)
- whatever the female Noble is
- whatever bear Pokemon is supposed to get an evolution
- and of course more ancestor characters
Oh, right. There's no way we're getting through this game without a proto-Cynthia to service the fans. I can already hear the studio audience going wild.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok so I've decided to make a full speculatory checklist of what Pokemon might be obtainable in Legends Arceus across a standard Hisui playthrough with the main story and "big" postgame content like legendary sidequests considered.

This Twitter thread compiles the Legends Arceus hints and claims of one Riddler Khu. For the uninitiated, he claims to be an associate of the Gen 7 Chinese Riddler, and has recently gained a major boost in credibility for predicting non-obvious elements of BDSP before they were leaked, including
-The Distortion Room
-6 perfect IV, EV trained gym leader rematches
-Ramanas Park being a hub for legendaries

1637893117982.png

The Platinum dex of 210 will be used as our baseline with various additions and also some removals, their rationale being explained when necessary as I go along.

Can't exist yet (-8):
Sinnoh fossils (Timeframe for being alive normally was millions of years ago and there's likely no fossil revival tech)
Rotom (No appliances aside, DPPt made it clear Rotom was a recent discovery in-universe so even just having the base form is a no-go)
Porygon family (Self-explanatory)

Sinnoh Pokemon/relatives that just weren't formally listed (+10)
Phione, Heatran, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus

Newly added pre-existing Pokemon/lines with no Hisuian forms (+16)
Gen 1: Vulpix, Ninetales
Gen 2: Qwilfish, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Stantler
Gen 3: Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein
Gen 5: Basculin, Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus
Gen 6: Sylveon (if new family extensions outright are being added I don't see why Sylveon would be off-limits)
Gen 8: Regieleki, Regidrago (see above)

Newly added pre-existing Pokemon/lines with Hisuian forms (+22)
Gen 1: Growlithe, Arcanine, Voltorb, Electrode
Gen 2: Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion
Gen 5: Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Zorua, Zoroark, Rufflet, Braviary
Gen 6: Goomy, Sliggoo, Goodra, Bergmite, Avalugg
Gen 7: Rowlet, Dartrix, Decidueye

New Pokemon and Evolutions (+6)
Kleavor, Qwilfish evo, Bear Pokemon evo, Wyrdeer, Basculegion, 4th Genie

Current Tally: 256 Pokemon

Tbh with the way Gamefreak has been the past few years I'd be surprised if there were more than 100-150 Pokémon in this game. SwSh cut the Pokedex in half and did virtually nothing to improve animation quality to make up for it. In Arceus Gamefreak appears to actually be trying this time, so I'd expect another substantial dex cut.

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so I've decided to make a full speculatory checklist of what Pokemon might be obtainable in Legends Arceus across a standard Hisui playthrough with the main story and "big" postgame content like legendary sidequests considered.

This Twitter thread compiles the Legends Arceus hints and claims of one Riddler Khu. For the uninitiated, he claims to be an associate of the Gen 7 Chinese Riddler, and has recently gained a major boost in credibility for predicting non-obvious elements of BDSP before they were leaked, including
-The Distortion Room
-6 perfect IV, EV trained gym leader rematches
-Ramanas Park being a hub for legendaries

View attachment 387514
The Platinum dex of 210 will be used as our baseline with various additions and also some removals, their rationale being explained when necessary as I go along.

Can't exist yet (-8):
Sinnoh fossils (Timeframe for being alive normally was millions of years ago and there's likely no fossil revival tech)
Rotom (No appliances aside, DPPt made it clear Rotom was a recent discovery in-universe so even just having the base form is a no-go)
Porygon family (Self-explanatory)

Sinnoh Pokemon/relatives that just weren't formally listed (+10)
Phione, Heatran, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus

Newly added pre-existing Pokemon/lines with no Hisuian forms (+16)
Gen 1: Vulpix, Ninetales
Gen 2: Qwilfish, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Stantler
Gen 3: Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein
Gen 5: Basculin, Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus
Gen 6: Sylveon (if new family extensions outright are being added I don't see why Sylveon would be off-limits)
Gen 8: Regieleki, Regidrago (see above)

Newly added pre-existing Pokemon/lines with Hisuian forms (+22)
Gen 1: Growlithe, Arcanine, Voltorb, Electrode
Gen 2: Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion
Gen 5: Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Zorua, Zoroark, Rufflet, Braviary
Gen 6: Goomy, Sliggoo, Goodra, Bergmite, Avalugg
Gen 7: Rowlet, Dartrix, Decidueye

New Pokemon and Evolutions (+6)
Kleavor, Qwilfish evo, Bear Pokemon evo, Wyrdeer, Basculegion, 4th Genie

Current Tally: 256 Pokemon
If that ends up being correct (specifically the part about missing Gen 8 mons), out of 50 Pokemon I’m only really losing 5 I actually really like which is pretty good I guess.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So it's widely known by this point that this game has clearly altered how stats are calculated resulting in much higher numbers across the board, but I just thought of a new way to get an idea of how much they've changed.

1638140662388.png

Going back to this widely circulated screenshot, I attempted to replicate these stats based on LGPE's candy system. Now obviously Drifblim isn't in that game, but considering each candy raises a stat by 1 with a 200 cap for each its easy to use Showdown to make estimates for if the blimpmon was hypothetically in that game.

HP: 105-114 Candies
Attack: 33-43 Candies
Defense: 24-36 Candies
Special Attack: 38-48 Candies
Special Defense: 23-33 Candies
Speed: 40-50 Candies

The upper bounds are for 0 IVs, the lower bounds are for 31. HP has been by far boosted the most proportionally to the others.

One more thing I noticed from this screenshot while doing these calcs is that Drifblim's dex number in this game is #38. In DP and Platinum, it was #66. This implies a substantial dex re-arranging in contrast with Platinum which just appended all the new stuff to the end of the DP dex, good to see they're taking these extra steps for a game like this

One more thing I noticed from this screenshot while doing these calcs is that Drifblim's dex number in this game is #38. In DP and Platinum, it was #66. This implies a substantial dex re-arranging in contrast with Platinum which just appended all the new stuff to the end of the DP dex, good to see they're taking these extra steps for a game like this
Between that, the regional forms, and the brand new name, it really feels like they're treating Hisui as its own region distinct from Sinnoh, despite the two of them taking place in the same geographic area in canon.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
You can't just reuse the sinnoh dex order otherwise you get your first starter and it's #211
Actually kind of interesting to bring the starters up. This is the first time in the series where the starters aren't considered native to their region. If we look at this screenshot from a trailer...

1638146668780.png

...we can see that there's only Bidoof, Starly and Shinx registered, but not any of the starters. This does sort of make sense as the goal of the game is to document the Pokémon living in Hisui, and the starters are confirmed to be brought in by Laventon, so them being a part of the dex wouldn't really fit.

So it's widely known by this point that this game has clearly altered how stats are calculated resulting in much higher numbers across the board, but I just thought of a new way to get an idea of how much they've changed.

View attachment 388001
Going back to this widely circulated screenshot, I attempted to replicate these stats based on LGPE's candy system. Now obviously Drifblim isn't in that game, but considering each candy raises a stat by 1 with a 200 cap for each its easy to use Showdown to make estimates for if the blimpmon was hypothetically in that game.

HP: 105-114 Candies
Attack: 33-43 Candies
Defense: 24-36 Candies
Special Attack: 38-48 Candies
Special Defense: 23-33 Candies
Speed: 40-50 Candies

The upper bounds are for 0 IVs, the lower bounds are for 31. HP has been by far boosted the most proportionally to the others.

I seem to recall something about moves being available in Strong Style vs. Agile Style. Could that dichotomy be the rationale for the inflated (harhar) HP stat? If the Strong Style is going to have any lasting utility, it'd make sense for the monsters to be overhauled such that they're not instantaneously defeated by Agile Earthquake like so many opponents in prior games. Padding every monster's hit points is a good measure to ensure battles do not become trivialized by a traditional win button, especially in a world where trainer battles are rare.

Alternatively, this buff is unique to Drifblim and its already titanic base HP. Can we confirm other buffs are following a similar contour?

I seem to recall something about moves being available in Strong Style vs. Agile Style. Could that dichotomy be the rationale for the inflated (harhar) HP stat? If the Strong Style is going to have any lasting utility, it'd make sense for the monsters to be overhauled such that they're not instantaneously defeated by Agile Earthquake like so many opponents in prior games. Padding every monster's hit points is a good measure to ensure battles do not become trivialized by a traditional win button, especially in a world where trainer battles are rare.

Alternatively, this buff is unique to Drifblim and its already titanic base HP. Can we confirm other buffs are following a similar contour?
We've definitely seen HP buffs on stuff like Rowlett & Oshawott iirc
What if there is limitation to heal the Pokemon and, as a results, the HP pools got bigger?

I decided to look back just to be sure and going off of the 2 we have so far, the trend seems to be that we get some sort of new reveal at 9:00 AM ET on the last Tuesday of every month. Kleavor was September 28th, Hisuian Zorua/Zoroark was October 26th, and I assume the next one will be November 30th (a week from now)
are you for real lol... well gee thanks pokemon
I still expect something pretty soon-ish though probably hopefully

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
are you for real lol... well gee thanks pokemon
I still expect something pretty soon-ish though probably hopefully
I would assume they skipped out on this month because BDSP came out less than two weeks ago and is still in the primary spotlight, you don't want one of these games drowning out the other when BDSP is still at the peak of the hype right now, they wouldn't want that drowning out potential Legends hype (or the other way around where Legends hype kills BDSP's spotlight)

I would assume they'd wait until mid-late December or possibly early January when BDSP's spotlight dies down a little and thus they can focus their efforts on marketing Legends once it's much closer to release and thus it doesn't risk drowning out BDSP's spotlight or being drowned out itself, and at that point the hype for Legends will be peak and they can reveal a little more about it.

I actually think that there will be a news drop tomorrow.

Why you ask? Because of this:
seasonofheritage.jpg

Yesterday PoGo announced the newest of their seasons, which will begin tomorrow. And I don't know about you all, but this just screams PLA tie in to me. The mountain in the background, the watercolor-style font, the NAME (heritage meaning to get something from the past) all suggest something to do with PLA.

But the real kicker here is that Niantic has announced NOTHING about this new season. Usually when they announce a season or an event they post a full description on the PoGo blog detailing what Pokémon will be spawning, any new Shinies, etc. But here? NOTHING. Just a time-frame for the season. And it starts TOMORROW. Idk about you all but that's extremely sussy to me.

This makes me think that this season is going to introduce Hisuian Forms and potentially even a few of the new PLA Pokémon, but one or multiple of the Hisuian Forms/new Pokémon haven't been revealed yet. This explains why Niantic hasn't given any details about the new season- they don't want to spoil the new reveal yet. Tomorrow, TCPI will reveal these new Hisuian Forms/new Pokémon to act as a tie in to the event.

"These new forms/Pokémon look cool right? You probably can't wait to use them right? Well you can get a sneak peak of what they're like in PoGo!" <- the end of the new trailer probably. It's such a TCPI move to pull.

N e wayzzz thank y'all for coming to my TED Talk

TLDR: new trailer and Hisuian Forms in PoGo tomorrow you heard it here first folks.

If I'm wrong for every person who reacts to this post I will Masuda method hunt one Shiny

I actually think that there will be a news drop tomorrow.

Why you ask? Because of this:
View attachment 388353

Yesterday PoGo announced the newest of their seasons, which will begin tomorrow. And I don't know about you all, but this just screams PLA tie in to me. The mountain in the background, the watercolor-style font, the NAME (heritage meaning to get something from the past) all suggest something to do with PLA.

But the real kicker here is that Niantic has announced NOTHING about this new season. Usually when they announce a season or an event they post a full description on the PoGo blog detailing what Pokémon will be spawning, any new Shinies, etc. But here? NOTHING. Just a time-frame for the season. And it starts TOMORROW. Idk about you all but that's extremely sussy to me.

This makes me think that this season is going to introduce Hisuian Forms and potentially even a few of the new PLA Pokémon, but one or multiple of the Hisuian Forms/new Pokémon haven't been revealed yet. This explains why Niantic hasn't given any details about the new season- they don't want to spoil the new reveal yet. Tomorrow, TCPI will reveal these new Hisuian Forms/new Pokémon to act as a tie in to the event.

"These new forms/Pokémon look cool right? You probably can't wait to use them right? Well you can get a sneak peak of what they're like in PoGo!" <- the end of the new trailer probably. It's such a TCPI move to pull.

N e wayzzz thank y'all for coming to my TED Talk

TLDR: new trailer and Hisuian Forms in PoGo tomorrow you heard it here first folks.

If I'm wrong for every person who reacts to this post I will Masuda method hunt one Shiny
While I fully expect some PLA ties ins with this event, and hope for a new trailer soon, Niantic got around to posting details 20 minutes before your post :P (Nothing directly PLA so far).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)