• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:sm/greninja-ash: :sm/lopunny-mega: :sm/heatran: :sm/landorus-therian: :ss/corviknight: :ss/tapu-fini:

https://pokepast.es/83388a15d5157d6c

Built this around the core of PUP +Encore Lop and Ash-Greninja where both members overwhelm shared checks for one or the other to sweep. Z-Flash Cannon Heatran gives checks to stuff like Clef and Mega Scizor while trapping stuff like Pex and Chansey. Lando + Corv gives Rocks, U-turn, Defog and checks to stuff like Mega Mawile and Kartana. Lastly, Whirlpool Fini gives a second trapper and a necessary check to opposing Gren and Tran.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:camerupt-mega: :greninja-ash: :corviknight: :reuniclus: :tapu-fini: :landorus-therian:

built this quite fast so apologies if there are any mistakes, basically mcamel forces damage onto stuff like fini and gastro for agren to win, cm fini baits in like koko and steels which camel takes advantage of, late game after camel breaks fini basically wins. reuni is another wincon mainly to break bulkier teams and also appreciates gastro weakened by camel and these 3 offensively put a lot of pressure on chans and overwhelm it.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

Team A by KirbCena
:sm/greninja-ash: :sm/lopunny-mega: :sm/heatran: :sm/landorus-therian: :ss/corviknight: :ss/tapu-fini:

https://pokepast.es/83388a15d5157d6c

Built this around the core of PUP +Encore Lop and Ash-Greninja where both members overwhelm shared checks for one or the other to sweep. Z-Flash Cannon Heatran gives checks to stuff like Clef and Mega Scizor while trapping stuff like Pex and Chansey. Lando + Corv gives Rocks, U-turn, Defog and checks to stuff like Mega Mawile and Kartana. Lastly, Whirlpool Fini gives a second trapper and a necessary check to opposing Gren and Tran.
Team B by adem
:camerupt-mega: :greninja-ash: :corviknight: :reuniclus: :tapu-fini: :landorus-therian:

built this quite fast so apologies if there are any mistakes, basically mcamel forces damage onto stuff like fini and gastro for agren to win, cm fini baits in like koko and steels which camel takes advantage of, late game after camel breaks fini basically wins. reuni is another wincon mainly to break bulkier teams and also appreciates gastro weakened by camel and these 3 offensively put a lot of pressure on chans and overwhelm it.
Voting will end on 11/15 at 11:59 PM GMT. I should note that I’ll be putting Teambuilding Comp on a light hiatus after this, though I don’t know when it will end.

Edit: Congrats to adem for winning! We’ll return with more teambuilding challenges soon!

Last edited:

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
I'm not a host or anything, but just pointing out that adem won since the 16 November (Solaros edited his post), so voting won't change anything anymore

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Ok this is my first submission here I will do my best (tbh I built the team rn and it looked good so let's go with it!).

Christmas Wine ft. Magic Pex & Puns Everywhere
:ss/mamoswine: :icium-z::ss/magnezone: :ss/toxapex: :ss/tapu-bulu: :ss/corviknight: :ss/lopunny-mega:

:mamoswine:
Mamoswine is the star of the team, being the Z-move user and the Ground-type of the team, enabling the team to be accepted in the project being able to fire off strong High Horsepowers and switching into Volt Switches. It's exceptional STAB combination allows it to hit most of the tier super effectively and literally any viable Pokemon at least neutral. Rocks are run and are to be set when a switch is forced. The Z-move allows to have a single-use nuke which is always welcome. Knock Off allows it to cripple its checks and counters, specially Corviknight and Skarmory who might be holding Shed Shell, which leads us to the next member of the team.

:magnezone:
Magnezone is an excellent partner for Mamoswine, as it traps and defeats Skarmory and Corviknight, two of the most prominent Mamoswine counters. Moreover, it can also work as another Electric-check for Pokemon like Choice-locked Magnezone. Swords Dance or Curse Scizor-Mega could potentially be a threat for the team if Toxapex was worn down enough, as it can revenge kill most of the team easily after a few set up turns, something Magnezone solves. A potential physically defensive Ferrothorn would also be an issue for Mamoswine, so Zone is here to return peace and harmony to life.

:toxapex: :tapu-bulu: :corviknight:
Walls aren't that interesting to talk about, so I will put all them here. Corv does Corv things, I don't think there's anything you don't know already. Bulu is a good check for Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora, as well as Dragon-types like Garchomp. Toxapex is a bit special today, as we are not running the conventional moves as boring people do. I wanted it to be a Tran Killer with Z-Liquidation but Mamoswine was already Z-move. This Toxapex set aims not to be that passive against Heatran, as we will click Magic Coat whenever we feel they are rocking us. It does also work for other hazard setters and Taunt users. You can run Toxic Spikes over Magic Coat if wanted.

:lopunny-mega:
Lopunny is our Speed control in a tier in which Speed control lacks a bit. It hits everything for neutral damage and with STAB. Some bulky setup sweepers were a bit too much for Pex, which lead me to run PUP+Encore Lopunny, not only dealing with slower setup sweepers but also taking advantage of more passive Pokemon and boosting itself for a potential sweep or clean. Moreover, it's very satisfying to put this set on work.

Potential Threats
The only threats this team has are: you playing bad, your opponent doing their match of their life or yourself missclicking. Another threats which deserver at least to be mentioned are Psychium Z Volcarona, which OHKOes everything after a single boost. Kyurem is also somehow threatening, as Subs sets only have counterplay in Mamoswine and Punny which will eventually be worn down, and Specs sets have no switch ins. The best you can do is switching into Toxapex to scout the first move and then switch to a resist.

Last edited:

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
DOGGO BAND SD BOOTS WEAVILE
:ss/zygarde-10%::ss/weavile::ss/urshifu-rapid-strike::ss/diancie-mega::ss/zapdos::ss/ferrothorn:

The main idea of the build is to weaken all weavile's check, click SD and then sweep, or doing the exact same thing w Shifu.
For that, i choosed to pair them w Zydog, who enjoy the pressure created by weav shifu. Toxic is for things like Bulu and Tang, and to overwhelm them w hazards.
I've slapped a Zapdos, as my team was p Zor weaked. I choosed a semi-offensive variant w Z Fly. The spread allow it to take 2 gglide from Rilla Band after rocks, outspeed it, and the rest in SpA to maximise the damage. Then, i needed a koko check, so here's ferrothorn, w a very classic set, Toxic help cripple Zapdos, as i dont have a real switch in to it by still having ways to deal w it ingame. Zap could have Fog but honestly u dont really want to Fog ingame, Heat Wave is way better here as it help weakening the opposite Ferro, having a good way to deal w Zor and Kart while still using your Z for something else like Gliscor for example.
My mega and my Rocker is Dia, as i still needed a way to deal w Hazard. I choose tec over diamond storm on purpose, as Zard Y is easily pressured by Stack, and I have Toxic Ferro to cripple it, but Diamond Storm is a good option on it, so as HP Ice or Mystical Fire. I still think tec is prob the best version here, as it help scouting things like Ash-Gren or Landorus.
ingame this team have some p bad MU, but u can usually win by playing very aggressively. Rain and HO are more than manageable, stall and Lele are probably hardest possible MU.

Last edited:
BUNNYSPAM? guys is nidoking a rabbit

:ss/nidoking: :ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/weavile: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/clefable: :ss/moltres:

Built this around nidoking, which breaks standard defensive cores, such as pexclef and landofini p well, forcing them to switch around it, which can be difficult with spikes from ferro. Lop forces in defensive mons with lets it uturn into nido, and weavile can pursuit checks such as latias and chans/bliss, while the two also form a potent offensive core. I added rocks clef here as losing to gren dpulse sounds unfun, with ice beam to pressure grounds more. Molt was slapped on here as the last as a way of answering kartana, heatran and scizor in one slot.

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Specially Defensive Swampert...Thing

:ss/swampert::ss/lopunny-mega::ss/zapdos::ss/buzzwole::ss/kommo-o::ss/rillaboom:

First of all this team would be far better with Gastrodon over Pert and some kind of Stealth Rocking Kommo-o set but I don't feel like or have the time to change it so w/e. Pert/Zap/Buzz covers a decent amount of the meta (in the short term) except for like Ash-Gren and Zard Y, so the rest of the team attempts to out offense those. Band Boomer benefits from the lack of Corv, and you can consistently bring Zapdos in on Corviknight if you really have to. Lopunny is speed control, the Kommo-o set is fun in a bunch of matchups. I wouldn't call it "good" necessarily but it's fun to use on ladder if you go in with a very offensive mindset and don't give Ash-Gren too much free space.

:SS/Gallade_Mega: :SS/Aegislash: :SS/Tangrowth: :SS/Landorus_Therian: :SS/Tapu_Fini: :SS/Araquanid:
Lando is a very strong mon, the set I have for it gets rocks up on almost every defogger, the main one being corvi. With a smack down, it also lets you deal with any opposing wall to EQ such as like tangrowth. The rest of the team is also quite heat since we rockin the Gallade-Mega and Araquanid. Me and my friend my friend made this team and we always give a mon a name after it has put in a bunch of work in a battle. The lando is the only one where I remember why we named it garb ill give a screenshot.
1638918589926.png

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

Team A by Dorron
Ok this is my first submission here I will do my best (tbh I built the team rn and it looked good so let's go with it!).

Christmas Wine ft. Magic Pex & Puns Everywhere
:ss/mamoswine: :icium-z::ss/magnezone: :ss/toxapex: :ss/tapu-bulu: :ss/corviknight: :ss/lopunny-mega:

:mamoswine:
Mamoswine is the star of the team, being the Z-move user and the Ground-type of the team, enabling the team to be accepted in the project being able to fire off strong High Horsepowers and switching into Volt Switches. It's exceptional STAB combination allows it to hit most of the tier super effectively and literally any viable Pokemon at least neutral. Rocks are run and are to be set when a switch is forced. The Z-move allows to have a single-use nuke which is always welcome. Knock Off allows it to cripple its checks and counters, specially Corviknight and Skarmory who might be holding Shed Shell, which leads us to the next member of the team.

:magnezone:
Magnezone is an excellent partner for Mamoswine, as it traps and defeats Skarmory and Corviknight, two of the most prominent Mamoswine counters. Moreover, it can also work as another Electric-check for Pokemon like Choice-locked Magnezone. Swords Dance or Curse Scizor-Mega could potentially be a threat for the team if Toxapex was worn down enough, as it can revenge kill most of the team easily after a few set up turns, something Magnezone solves. A potential physically defensive Ferrothorn would also be an issue for Mamoswine, so Zone is here to return peace and harmony to life.

:toxapex: :tapu-bulu: :corviknight:
Walls aren't that interesting to talk about, so I will put all them here. Corv does Corv things, I don't think there's anything you don't know already. Bulu is a good check for Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora, as well as Dragon-types like Garchomp. Toxapex is a bit special today, as we are not running the conventional moves as boring people do. I wanted it to be a Tran Killer with Z-Liquidation but Mamoswine was already Z-move. This Toxapex set aims not to be that passive against Heatran, as we will click Magic Coat whenever we feel they are rocking us. It does also work for other hazard setters and Taunt users. You can run Toxic Spikes over Magic Coat if wanted.

:lopunny-mega:
Lopunny is our Speed control in a tier in which Speed control lacks a bit. It hits everything for neutral damage and with STAB. Some bulky setup sweepers were a bit too much for Pex, which lead me to run PUP+Encore Lopunny, not only dealing with slower setup sweepers but also taking advantage of more passive Pokemon and boosting itself for a potential sweep or clean. Moreover, it's very satisfying to put this set on work.

Potential Threats
The only threats this team has are: you playing bad, your opponent doing their match of their life or yourself missclicking. Another threats which deserver at least to be mentioned are Psychium Z Volcarona, which OHKOes everything after a single boost. Kyurem is also somehow threatening, as Subs sets only have counterplay in Mamoswine and Punny which will eventually be worn down, and Specs sets have no switch ins. The best you can do is switching into Toxapex to scout the first move and then switch to a resist.
Team B by Ryuji-Sempai
DOGGO BAND SD BOOTS WEAVILE
:ss/zygarde-10%::ss/weavile::ss/urshifu-rapid-strike::ss/diancie-mega::ss/zapdos::ss/ferrothorn:

The main idea of the build is to weaken all weavile's check, click SD and then sweep, or doing the exact same thing w Shifu.
For that, i choosed to pair them w Zydog, who enjoy the pressure created by weav shifu. Toxic is for things like Bulu and Tang, and to overwhelm them w hazards.
I've slapped a Zapdos, as my team was p Zor weaked. I choosed a semi-offensive variant w Z Fly. The spread allow it to take 2 gglide from Rilla Band after rocks, outspeed it, and the rest in SpA to maximise the damage. Then, i needed a koko check, so here's ferrothorn, w a very classic set, Toxic help cripple Zapdos, as i dont have a real switch in to it by still having ways to deal w it ingame. Zap could have Fog but honestly u dont really want to Fog ingame, Heat Wave is way better here as it help weakening the opposite Ferro, having a good way to deal w Zor and Kart while still using your Z for something else like Gliscor for example.
My mega and my Rocker is Dia, as i still needed a way to deal w Hazard. I choose tec over diamond storm on purpose, as Zard Y is easily pressured by Stack, and I have Toxic Ferro to cripple it, but Diamond Storm is a good option on it, so as HP Ice or Mystical Fire. I still think tec is prob the best version here, as it help scouting things like Ash-Gren or Landorus.
ingame this team have some p bad MU, but u can usually win by playing very aggressively. Rain and HO are more than manageable, stall and Lele are probably hardest possible MU.
Team C by ChrisPBacon
BUNNYSPAM? guys is nidoking a rabbit

:ss/nidoking: :ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/weavile: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/clefable: :ss/moltres:

Built this around nidoking, which breaks standard defensive cores, such as pexclef and landofini p well, forcing them to switch around it, which can be difficult with spikes from ferro. Lop forces in defensive mons with lets it uturn into nido, and weavile can pursuit checks such as latias and chans/bliss, while the two also form a potent offensive core. I added rocks clef here as losing to gren dpulse sounds unfun, with ice beam to pressure grounds more. Molt was slapped on here as the last as a way of answering kartana, heatran and scizor in one slot.
Team D by Sputnik
Specially Defensive Swampert...Thing

:ss/swampert::ss/lopunny-mega::ss/zapdos::ss/buzzwole::ss/kommo-o::ss/rillaboom:

First of all this team would be far better with Gastrodon over Pert and some kind of Stealth Rocking Kommo-o set but I don't feel like or have the time to change it so w/e. Pert/Zap/Buzz covers a decent amount of the meta (in the short term) except for like Ash-Gren and Zard Y, so the rest of the team attempts to out offense those. Band Boomer benefits from the lack of Corv, and you can consistently bring Zapdos in on Corviknight if you really have to. Lopunny is speed control, the Kommo-o set is fun in a bunch of matchups. I wouldn't call it "good" necessarily but it's fun to use on ladder if you go in with a very offensive mindset and don't give Ash-Gren too much free space.
Team E by Haok
:SS/Gallade_Mega: :SS/Aegislash: :SS/Tangrowth: :SS/Landorus_Therian: :SS/Tapu_Fini: :SS/Araquanid:
Lando is a very strong mon, the set I have for it gets rocks up on almost every defogger, the main one being corvi. With a smack down, it also lets you deal with any opposing wall to EQ such as like tangrowth. The rest of the team is also quite heat since we rockin the Gallade-Mega and Araquanid. Me and my friend my friend made this team and we always give a mon a name after it has put in a bunch of work in a battle. The lando is the only one where I remember why we named it garb ill give a screenshot.
Voting will end on 12/13 at 11:59 PM GMT

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ill keep this up for another week due to lack of responses,

:weavile: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :tapu-lele: :landorus-therian: :magnezone: :tapu-fini:

Really standard breaker spam, Magnezone trap steel lele goes ham, lele forces in steels and forces out pex for urshifu, urshifu wears down fini for zone. EButton Lando helps with trapping corv and zor for weavile and lele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)