Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

So the first entry seems to heavily imply that it has access to Bullet Seed and/or Seed Bomb. This could indicate that voltorb-H is more physical leaning, and thus might actually be capable of doing damage with Explosion.

It seems to use Energy Ball in the trailer (vs the Geodude), so it's probably best to assume unchanged stats until we know for sure.

Ok but

>Electrode speed
>Likely will retain Soundproof

There's a good chance Game Freak has made the most painful SubSeeder since Breloom

Don't forget Thunder Wave!

Last edited:
I would be surprised if there weren't any gen 8 Pokemon, though I imagine it'll be few in number. Like Laventon definitely seems to be from Galar as the stand in for britain and Galar Weezing is represented right there on the sign.

We've got pokemon that migrated here from Unova, it would not surprise me if there wasn't at least one Pokemon that came here from Galar even if it didn't get a regional form. Maybe Eiscue landed in sinnoh ages ago and they'll have some comedy of "it just....floated around the world? to here??"

All non-sinnoh native mons we've seen so far are ones that recieved forms (And the starters but yknow). I don't think we particularly have any reason to assume a Galar mon would be here if not to recieve a new variant.

Not to mention, the game's goal is to complete the Pokédex based on the local wildlife. wouldn't really make sense in my opinion to also have to document a mon imported from galar but that isn't part of the local wildlife.

Even though Hisui is in the same geographical area as Sinnoh, is it treated as a separate region due to time periods and having previously unseen Pokemon species?

Even though Hisui is in the same geographical area as Sinnoh, is it treated as a separate region due to time periods and having previously unseen Pokemon species?
It basically seems treated as both. On one hand they are very forward that yes this is Sinnoh But In The Past, and we are primarily running into Sinnoh Pokemon and ancestors of Sinnoh characters to put together the Sinnoh dex while going through a plot based on the legends that persist today.
But it also has pokemon not from Sinnoh and a variety of past-exclusive forms and evolutions and such.

When Home updates I fully expect that "Hisui" gets its own category. Meanwhile from text strings in BDSP they also seem to be marking Hisui pokemon as "from the ancient past of Sinnoh"

All non-sinnoh native mons we've seen so far are ones that recieved forms (And the starters but yknow). I don't think we particularly have any reason to assume a Galar mon would be here if not to recieve a new variant.

Not to mention, the game's goal is to complete the Pokédex based on the local wildlife. wouldn't really make sense in my opinion to also have to document a mon imported from galar but that isn't part of the local wildlife.
Spheal neither is native to Sinnoh nor got a new form.

Spheal neither is native to Sinnoh nor got a new form.

It's on routes 226 and 230 in Pearl.

1639249145184.png

It's on routes 226 and 230 in Pearl.

View attachment 391311
It's post game even in Platinum. By the same logic almost all gen 1-4 Pokemon from Grand Underground also count.

So if we get Tyranitar or Salamance it's ok as it's post game?
Same with all post game Legendaries?

I would be very sad if no past gen 4 Pokemon without Regional forms don't make it. I Hope at least gen 5-7 Pokemon missing after Crown Tundra and BDSP are not in...

Sadly I’m less hopeful as we come closer to release that the extra missing Pokemon from BDSP and SwSh will all be added. It won’t surprise me if they add the missing mythicals sure, and it would not surprise me if some of the starters were given as gifts. But a lot of the others don’t seem like they’d fit. e.g Toucannon line, makes no sense, Sawsbuck (considering how Wyrdeer has been involved in the marketing). I just hope Greninja makes it in…somehow.

Sadly I’m less hopeful as we come closer to release that the extra missing Pokemon from BDSP and SwSh will all be added. It won’t surprise me if they add the missing mythicals sure, and it would not surprise me if some of the starters were given as gifts. But a lot of the others don’t seem like they’d fit. e.g Toucannon line, makes no sense, Sawsbuck (considering how Wyrdeer has been involved in the marketing). I just hope Greninja makes it in…somehow.
Maybe they will continue with Underground or some warmer Island?

As per Greninja - it could work as a rival's Ace.

I just Hope we won't get Charizard in aby form...

It is going to be very weird if this generation closes out an absolutely none of the gen 6 starters are anywhere. Like even if there's no update for the gen 1-4 + Hisui pokemon for SWSH, just at a macro level it'd be weird, you know? One thing to leave out someone like Bruxish, another to leave out these guys.

They would likely be the only starters unavailable in any game. SWSH had gens 1, 3, 7 & 8, BDSP has gen 1-4 and I strongly suspect that Legends Arceus will get the Snivy & Tepig lines (also Chikorita, Totodile, Litten, Popplio) even if they're just post-game "bonus" pokemon.

It is going to be very weird if this generation closes out an absolutely none of the gen 6 starters are anywhere. Like even if there's no update for the gen 1-4 + Hisui pokemon for SWSH, just at a macro level it'd be weird, you know? One thing to leave out someone like Bruxish, another to leave out these guys.

They would likely be the only starters unavailable in any game. SWSH had gens 1, 3, 7 & 8, BDSP has gen 1-4 and I strongly suspect that Legends Arceus will get the Snivy & Tepig lines (also Chikorita, Totodile, Litten, Popplio) even if they're just post-game "bonus" pokemon.
Yeah, especially considering that the final form of one of the Gen 6 starters is literally THE MOST POPULAR POKEMON OF ALL TIME. I'm honestly surprised Greninja wasn't in either of the SWSH DLCs, but I digress.

My current prediction is that in the post game, Prof Laventon will take more trips overseas and as he comes back from them, he'll give you a bunch more starter Pokemon.

Yeah, especially considering that the final form of one of the Gen 6 starters is literally THE MOST POPULAR POKEMON AS OF THE MOST RECENT POLL, ACCORDING TO THE PEOPLE WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE MOST RECENT POLL.
ftfy

For Greninja to be the most popular Pokemon of all time its popularity would need to eclipse that of every Kanto and Johto Pokemon back when Pokemania was at its height.

Alright so here's a little interesting thing about Voltorb - It's the first of this game's regional variants where the original species isn't in swsh

1639259993023.png

:growlithe: Growlithe is in all of Route 3, Rolling Fields, Dappled Grove, Watchtower Ruins, East Lake Axewell, West Lake Axewell, Axew's Eye, South Lake Miloch, Giant's Seat, North Lake Miloch, Dusty Bowl, Giant's Cap, Hammerlocke Hills, Lake of Outrage, Stony Wilderness

:zorua: Zorua is exclusive to the DLC, but is in Forest of Focus, Fields of Honor, Soothing Wetlands

:braviary: Braviary is in Dusty Bowl, Lake of Outrage, Bridge Field, East Lake Axewell, Motostoke Riverbank, Rolling Fields, Stony Wilderness, Challenge Road, Loop Lagoon

As far as Regional Variants usually go, you tend to be able to transfer other forms of the same species as long as the game has one form of the species in the game (Think how Let's Go has the Alolans and how SwSh itself has other forms of its own Regionals). I'm not sure if this should mean anything for transfering in the future, but figured I'd point it out. (As for the new evolutions, both Scyther and Basculin are in SwSh as well, only Stantler isn't)

ftfy

For Greninja to be the most popular Pokemon of all time its popularity would need to eclipse that of every Kanto and Johto Pokemon back when Pokemania was at its height.
due to the impossibility of polling everyone during pokemania and then making sure having them vote again 20 years later I feel like currently referencing Greninja winning a worldwide popularity poll, with perhaps a slight exaggeration on All Time, will have to suffice for the time being.

Alright so here's a little interesting thing about Voltorb - It's the first of this game's regional variants where the original species isn't in swsh

View attachment 391367

:growlithe: Growlithe is in all of Route 3, Rolling Fields, Dappled Grove, Watchtower Ruins, East Lake Axewell, West Lake Axewell, Axew's Eye, South Lake Miloch, Giant's Seat, North Lake Miloch, Dusty Bowl, Giant's Cap, Hammerlocke Hills, Lake of Outrage, Stony Wilderness

:zorua: Zorua is exclusive to the DLC, but is in Forest of Focus, Fields of Honor, Soothing Wetlands

:braviary: Braviary is in Dusty Bowl, Lake of Outrage, Bridge Field, East Lake Axewell, Motostoke Riverbank, Rolling Fields, Stony Wilderness, Challenge Road, Loop Lagoon

As far as Regional Variants usually go, you tend to be able to transfer other forms of the same species as long as the game has one form of the species in the game (Think how Let's Go has the Alolans and how SwSh itself has other forms of its own Regionals). I'm not sure if this should mean anything for transfering in the future, but figured I'd point it out. (As for the new evolutions, both Scyther and Basculin are in SwSh as well, only Stantler isn't)
I honestly forgot that Voltorb wasn't in SWSH. I know Stunfisk took over the "mimic" shtick but I think I just assumed it was in the DLC and just forgot about it.

ftfy

Greninja was also voted the most popular Pokemon in that Japanese only popularity poll from the ORAS era, so I think it's safe to say that it's the most popular Pokemon currently. "All time" may have been an exaggeration, but it's definitely the most popular Pokemon in the modern era of Pokemon.

Last edited:

very cute.

So this looks to be another difference between Normal Voltorb and Hisuian Voltorb, Normal Voltorb rolls (or hops) to travel around while H-Voltorb spins. Rapid Spin anyone?

The real question is what its signature thing will be and why will it be a grass type explosion

Or maybe an Electric-type move that inflicts Leech Seed?

I'm curious if H-Voltorb get's any powder or spore moves. Taking into account possible high Speed it will be quite broken.

Eh, at MOST maybe Sleep Powder, but honestly I think its Electric side covers paralyzing things easier so I think it's Grass-type side is more for coverage (and maybe Leech Seed; what's more annoying than being paralyzed? Being paralyzed and then having energy drained from you!).

Mutations caused by Arc-phone radiation.

You joke but divine influence is the only way I would accept the Starters just suddenly getting Hisuian forms.

The point being, we already have forms that aren't the species taking a long time to adapt to the region, but rather being raised differently thanks to the region's condition, resulting in a different finak evo. The starter are likely the same.
Anyway none of this matters because I can bring a Vulpix from Kanto and never bring it to the ice mountain and breed it with another Kanto Vulpix and it breeds an Alolan vulpix so after a certain point its just the region is magic as much as an environment causing changes in a pokemon.

Yeah, very true, but I don't know it just doesn't feel right. Like, yeah we have Regional Variants which shows the base Pokemon naturally evolve into it without any issue (Cubone, Koffing, Mime. Jr; I don't count Pikachu and Exeggcute because they need an outside factor to evolve), but its still implied these Pokemon did undergo a biological evolution (don't know how Pokemon from other regions then evolve the same, could be just mechanic simplification or maybe the region itself has something about it which adopts the adaptation change into its "presence" hence any Pokemon of the adapted species will instead evolve into the Regional Variant).

Also, while they moved away from this by having them catchable in other regions, the Starters are some of the Pokemon who sort of have this "gen" feeling where they're just as much part of that generation as the region. Like, even after Legends, if you look at Cyndaquil, Rowlet, and Oshawott you're still gonna think Johto, Alola, and Unova; it would only be the new forms which you'd relate to Hisui which no longer exists. But back to my point, to take a Pokemon that's considered a "face" of a gen and give it a new form I feel needs a little bit more explaining than just environmental factors.

Despite Alola being what it is, my first reaction to reading this was "That can't be right, Hoenn has the harshest sun. I mean seriously, the harshness of Alola's sun doesn't even apply the weather condition to battles, let alone reach apocalyptic levels."

But don't forget Hoenn also has the sea god which makes it rain just as much as the land god makes it sunny. Alola may not see that much rain, its sunny throughout most of the year while I can see Hoenn having some "rainy" months which offset the amount of sun any Exeggcute there can absorb.

Ability Adaptation Talk:
And just to cover that here, R_N brought the oddity to the Pokemon Movepool Oddity thread and this is my headcanon explanation:
Maybe since it's using all the solar energy to grow tall (and probably maintain itself) that it can't really spare any for those Abilities.

Can't use Chlorophyll to make itself faster, Solar Power to increase its power, or even Leaf Guard to heal off status ailments because it's using the energy to make sure its neck doesn't snap from the forces of gravity (the wood making up its neck it probably really thick and sturdy, but since its organic like skin that means it needs constant upkeep which the body naturally does but likely at the expense of extra energy which normal Exeggutor doesn't).

Meanwhile, a new adaptation that Alolan Exeggutor would need is better eyesight as its head is now really far up and its tail is pointing backwards (so the tail head knows where its coming from but not know where its going). This naturally means it can make out details well, infact it's height advantage lets it see not just a front of an object but also above and around it, and that translate it to being able to spot whatever held item another Pokemon in its way may be hiding (also note Frisk's Japanese name translates to "Unobstructed Sight", more hinting Pokemon that learn it is using just better vision to spot the item instead of actually frisking the opponent, probably why the item also isn't removed).

Rowlett is easy, the adaptation happens based on time, not location. Alolan Decidueye is ghost because the species it's based on IRL is extinct, Hisuian Decidueye is Grass/Flying(or whatever) because it's still alive 200 years ago.

Except Decidueye isn't dead, it's one of those strange Ghost-types that channels the power of the supernatural to assist it. In it's case, it uses it to hide in shadows (an ability that in Pokemon has been linked to Ghost-types) and manipulate the trajectory of the arrow. It's the latter point which makes me think a Regional Variant Decidueye would be Grass/Psychic, instead of using the shadows to hide it'll just hide far away and use its stronger psychic powers to guide the arrow (where before its ghostly powers let it influence the direction but not make it do things like bend around corners).

In these Starters home region there would be nothing different about their current evolutions.

The very credible leaker literally already confirmed that it's Goodra.

I'm a "seeing is believing" type of guy.

Plot twist, it's actually going to be the opposite: the Hisuian form is their original evolution, and they adapted in later years to new forms in the rest of the world.

Please no, I hate when they do that. They need a really good reason to do that and so far they've shown that they don't. Mega Aerodactyl is not how original Aerodactyl looks, G-Zigzagoon is just how Zigzagoons developed in Galar and is no more "original" than Normal Zigzagoon EVERYWHERE else (which is a bit suspicious, so despite being the original, it adapted to the same form everywhere else instead of some, you know, just not changing?).

Not sure if anyone raised it already:

Many people noticed that there seems to be a Palkia Tribe and Dialga Tribe wearing pink and Blue clothes respectively.

But did people notice it also applies to Wardens?

Mai, Iscan and Arezu have Blue suits while Lian Has a pink one.

I'm wondering if it will anyhow impact the game and if you will be able to choose one of the tribes.

Back