Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I see, but how long does an account take to become an abandoned account that can be claimed by qualified players?
As I mentioned, a few (2) years, though in rare cases it can be sooner. How much sooner and what exactly qualifies are handled on a case-by-case basis. If you worried about your account being taken, theres no need to worry, most accounts are not re-claimed and if yours is, feel free to contact us we can probably work something out.

Hi, I would like to ask: How long the time my Pokémon Showdown account being inactive will result in an account deletion by the moderators?
Did you mean Pokemon Showdown, or did you mean Smogon forums? The two are unaffiliated as far as accounts are concerned.

People have answered you as if you actually meant Smogon forums, but you seem to have made this forum account specifically to ask this question, and that wouldn't really make any sense if the question was referring to the forum account, so I think you actually meant what you said, which is Showdown account.

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Did you mean Pokemon Showdown, or did you mean Smogon forums? The two are unaffiliated as far as accounts are concerned.

People have answered you as if you actually meant Smogon forums, but you seem to have made this forum account specifically to ask this question, and that wouldn't really make any sense if the question was referring to the forum account, so I think you actually meant what you said, which is Showdown account.
Don't worry, the answers provided by Mia and Hoeen were about Showdown too. This is the Showdown SQSA thread after all.

As I mentioned, a few (2) years, though in rare cases it can be sooner. How much sooner and what exactly qualifies are handled on a case-by-case basis. If you worried about your account being taken, theres no need to worry, most accounts are not re-claimed and if yours is, feel free to contact us we can probably work something out.
Thanks for your replies! I am relieved now and no longer worry. :)

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Could we add a BW ZU format? Currently there is a tour with a 1st place prize of 501$ starting January 9th for BW ZU. Since this format doesn't exist teambuilding is difficult as you have to use the BW PU format, and some people will probably accidently bring illegal mons to their game. I know the format list is already massive and making a new one (probably?) takes some time and effort, but considering the stakes are literally higher than OST I think this is justified. Also I have 0 idea where format suggestions should go so sorry if this is the wrong place.

nya

<3
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor
PS Admin
Could we add a BW ZU format? Currently there is a tour with a 1st place prize of 501$ starting January 9th for BW ZU. Since this format doesn't exist teambuilding is difficult as you have to use the BW PU format, and some people will probably accidently bring illegal mons to their game. I know the format list is already massive and making a new one (probably?) takes some time and effort, but considering the stakes are literally higher than OST I think this is justified. Also I have 0 idea where format suggestions should go so sorry if this is the wrong place.
As you guessed this is not the correct place to suggest this. Here are the guidelines on how to suggest formats. As far as I can tell there isn't a great place to suggest this unless you have a badge though, unfortunately.

That being said, this is actively in development, and will be added to PS once the devs have the time to.

Edit: it's live now and can be found under the Retro OMs section.

Last edited:
Hello, I posted recently about editing the conditions file, and I received a reply about /hotpatch formats. This didn't solve the problem, but I was wondering how I could set up Config.consoleips because this seems a lot easier than rebuilding the server every time I make a change.

Thanks!

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Hello, I posted recently about editing the conditions file, and I received a reply about /hotpatch formats. This didn't solve the problem, but I was wondering how I could set up Config.consoleips because this seems a lot easier than rebuilding the server every time I make a change.

Thanks!
Just add a value to the array (in config/config.js) matching your userid. For example,
JavaScript:
exports.consoleips = ['mia'];
You also need to be on an administrator account to be able to access console commands with this.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
can i fetch the ID Room of my current battle?
Yes - connect to the main server via websockets and use /cmd userdetails [name] to get info on a user. After using it, you'll receive a JSON blob in a |queryresponse| message type - this will have a list of all public rooms the user is in. If it's private, you can't see it without being in the battle or logged in as that user.

Ok, is there a cmd who show all the pokemon in the battle? (with a roomid in parameter)
Or to fetch the information of the battle room that is written in the tchat

Last edited:

nya

<3
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor
PS Admin
What does the zrecovery parameter mean in the /ds command?
The zrecovery parameter checks to see if a Pokemon can learn a move that give HP recovery as its Z-effect. So that'd be if the Pokemon can learn Aromatherapy, Belly Drum, Conversion 2, Haze, Heal Bell, Mist, Psych Up, Refresh, Spite, Stockpile, Teleport or Transform.

As far as I can tell it does not check for Memento or Parting Shot, which both heal the next Pokemon you send out as their Z effect.

The zrecovery parameter checks to see if a Pokemon can learn a move that give HP recovery as its Z-effect. So that'd be if the Pokemon can learn Aromatherapy, Belly Drum, Conversion 2, Haze, Heal Bell, Mist, Psych Up, Refresh, Spite, Stockpile, Teleport or Transform.

As far as I can tell it does not check for Memento or Parting Shot, which both heal the next Pokemon you send out as their Z effect.
Thank you for answering my question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)