Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Good afternoon, in the "Showdown Pokemon" battle simulator, the Regidrago \ Ragieleki Pokémon do not have their Dragon's Maw \ Transistor abilities, as I understand they should increase the attack statistics x1.5 when using dragon \ electr types of attacks, or I misunderstood something ?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Good afternoon, in the "Showdown Pokemon" battle simulator, the Regidrago \ Ragieleki Pokémon do not have their Dragon's Maw \ Transistor abilities, as I understand they should increase the attack statistics x1.5 when using dragon \ electr types of attacks, or I misunderstood something ?
These abilities do exist and are functioning properly, maybe your expecting it to give a stat boost like swords dance? If so, these abilities do affect your stat stages, instead it just applies the affect when you use a move of the appropriate affect silently.

These abilities do exist and are functioning properly, maybe your expecting it to give a stat boost like swords dance? If so, these abilities do affect your stat stages, instead it just applies the affect when you use a move of the appropriate affect silently.
I'm sorry, but I still can't understand, in "showdown pokemon" the buff is not displayed as an effect, but it does not do more damage after using a dragon-type attack as it should if the "Pokémon Damage Calculator" gives completely different damage as a basis

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'm sorry, but I still can't understand, in "showdown pokemon" the buff is not displayed as an effect, but it does not do more damage after using a dragon-type attack as it should if the "Pokémon Damage Calculator" gives completely different damage as a basis
Can you give me a screenshot of your calculations including the various settings?

Everything seems correct with your calculations and the simulator, the damage calculator is taking your ability into account when calculating damage, sorry if that was unclear.
With each use of a dragon-type attack, the damage should grow, even if it will not even be visible, but as you can see in the screenshots, the damage using dragon-type attacks does not increase, or how should this ability work?

With each use of a dragon-type attack, the damage should grow, even if it will not even be visible, but as you can see in the screenshots, the damage using dragon-type attacks does not increase, or how should this ability work?
Dragon’s maw increases the damage Regidrago’s dragon-type moves do, it doesn’t make each dragon-type attack stronger than the last one.
The boost is always 1.5x

The damage calculator is calculating the damage with Dragon's Maw boosting the damage already. If you want to see your base/nonboosted damage, you should choose a different ability.
1623958141441.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to play meta games like pure Hackmons but I’m only limited to kalos, I want to play alola/galar pure hackmons and I can’t, please help me, here it is a image with the modes I can play, please help me to play galar pure hackmons, thanks.

(sorry for the shitty English it’s not my main language and I’ve been only studying it on 2021.)

Attachments

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I want to play meta games like pure Hackmons but I’m only limited to kalos, I want to play alola/galar pure hackmons and I can’t, please help me, here it is a image with the modes I can play, please help me to play galar pure hackmons, thanks.

(sorry for the shitty English it’s not my main language and I’ve been only studying it on 2021.)
Gen 8 Pure Hackmons is only available through directly challenging other people. You do this by using "/challenge (user), (format)" or by clicking a name and clicking on challenge. You will find it under "other metagames" then. The Other Metas and Old Shark rooms have pure hackmons players if you want to find someone to play with.

What are the odds of both people getting the same lead in a Gen 8 Random Battle? I've had it happen a couple times, which makes me curious if it's more common than I thought.

Hi, How does Steel Roller interact with Substitute? I'm asking that because while laddering on Pokemon Showdown, Steel Roller breaks a substitute when a terrain's up but the terrain is intact, I get the feeling that this isn't correct.
Replay of that
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1374643145-b3d11v9nlo3zi2i5et7dd62l166l9zrpw
Description of steel roller: Fails if there is no terrain active. Ends the terrain
that's a bug https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...chanics-research.3655528/page-62#post-8867073
(I posted it in the bug reports thread)

We've been looking at National Dex's identity as a metagame, and have ultimately decided to alter the current legality rules slightly. Every item that was legal in SM will be legal in National Dex. This means that Custap Berry, as well as Enigma, Jaboca, Micle, and Rowap Berry will be legal for use in National Dex from now.
Why does Showdown! still say razor fang is illegal in National Pokedex formats?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Understandably it's probably in beta but most recently PS developed a friend's list upon suggestion request. Would it be possible for users to opt out of this entirely in the near future? Personally it's not a feature I want and I'm having trouble finding in settings currently how to turn it off completely, with numerous requests logging in and rather annoying. I just don't want to keep clicking Deny on these requests.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Understandably it's probably in beta but most recently PS developed a friend's list upon suggestion request. Would it be possible for users to opt out of this entirely in the near future? Personally it's not a feature I want and I'm having trouble finding in settings currently how to turn it off completely, with numerous requests logging in and rather annoying. I just don't want to keep clicking Deny on these requests.
I already made support for that. Use /friends toggle.
(I'll add it to the settings list if it isn't already there.)
Edit: It is, go to the `settings` tab on the friends page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)