Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Once we write an appeal why its took so long to get its approved ?. Its happen to me 1 times when I was writting appeal for my permalock.I post in early september but it wont be approved until the 29th of september Why is this ? What would mods could possibly look into ?

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Once we write an appeal why its took so long to get its approved ?. Its happen to me 1 times when I was writting appeal for my permalock.I post in early september but it wont be approved until the 29th of september Why is this ? What would mods could possibly look into ?
Since it takes a lot to be permalocked in the first place, it only stands to reason that any appeal submitted by a permalocked user will need to be reviewed by the staff thoroughly before a decision is made. We don't just reverse them on a whim, we check the history of the user to better understand why the perma was issued in the first place, look for things like attempted evasion or further punishments after being locked, etc.

Also not to be callous, but if someone can keep coming back to the sim over and over to accumulate things like locks and bans until we have to permalock them, then they can handle waiting a week or two for a final decision.

Kennedy

up the reds
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
This is a suggestion
Rename Permalock -------> LongLock
We won't be renaming permalocks. Permalocks are permanent punishments unless successfully appealed against, they do not expire after a certain amount of time like other punishments given on PS, therefore permalock is an apt name. Longlock would give off the impression that they would naturally expire after a "long" period of time which is not the case.

When The ladder started to decay. How much does it decay ? Does it will decay everydays onward ?
https://pokemonshowdown.com/pages/ladderhelp
Above 1400, we have rating decay. Every day at 9 AM GMT+0:
  • If you played over 5 games, there is no decay
  • If you played 1-5 games, you lose 1 point for every 100 points above 1500 you are
  • If you played 0 games, you lose 1 point for every 50 points above 1400 you are
This helps combat rating inflation. Ratings of less popular formats (ie. not current gen OU or random battles) decay slightly slower - you lose 2 points less per day due to rating decay in these formats.

Dead by Daylight

16 colors, I’m so lonely
is a Pre-Contributor
Also, totally unrelated question: What is the infractions system? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I really don't want to be banned.

Thanks in advance.

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Sorry, I don't understand: What is ladder decay? And what would it be in say Gen 7 formats?
Ladder decay means if you dont ladder within that day, you lose 1 (or more points) on your ELO, depending on how high your ELO currently is. This is so that the top 500 would be made up of active, laddering players and not dead alts/suspect test/ladder tour accounts.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Why isnt hacking possible ?
i’m not sure if you’re being intentionally vague, but if this pertains to hacking in-game mons, check the Wi-Fi section rules and the thread on hack checking tips:
shiny finder said:
Cloning is allowed on these forums. We do not care about your moral stance regarding cloning. If you do not want to trade for cloned Pokémon you are free to say so but DO NOT tell others cloning is hacking or whatever you consider it, keep all that to yourself.
The following is Smogon's stance on hacking and our rules regarding it:

Smogon's definition of hacking is the following - Hacking is the use of any external device/software in order to modify the game and the game data in any sort of way.

With this in mind, the site will not promote hacking in any sort of way. This means that you may not post, discuss, or promote PokeSav, PKHeX, editting, and anything else related to flash cart/cfw activities. You also may not discuss what is "hacking" and what is not "hacking" - this is because this is an exercise in futility.

So i guess this is the Thread to post suggestions as well.

I would love to see the category Priority when i search through moves in a specific smogon dex (like this one: https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/moves/)
Also i think sorting by Power, Accuracy, Type, PP and the new category Priority would add useful features to the Moves section.

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
What's a bump, how does it work, and how do I do one?
A bump is posting in a thread that went inactive for a few days/weeks in order to move it to the top of the thread list so that people can see it again. This can be done in some subforums like the Rmt one where you are allowed to bump your thread once if no one replied so that you get a new chance to have someone coming and rating your team. In general though, you shouldn't bump a thread which has been inactive for a long time.

A bump is posting in a thread that went inactive for a few days/weeks in order to move it to the top of the thread list so that people can see it again. This can be done in some subforums like the Rmt one where you are allowed to bump your thread once if no one replied so that you get a new chance to have someone coming and rating your team. In general though, you shouldn't bump a thread which has been inactive for a long time.
So if I want to bump one of my RMTs I just reply in the thread?

How come the Discord servers are so heavily secured? I don't think I've ever joined another community Discord and had to wait for authentication or anything. Did something happen or someone do something to warrant it?
I haven't joined it but in general I thinks it's just becoming a standard practice across the board. I have joined several communities Discord I've waited for authentication. So don't take it the wrong way. Except maybe in the way that everything ion general (electronic world) is becoming more heavily secured :boi:

Where did the standard set notation of

Nickname (Pokemon-Form) (Gender) @ Item
Ability: _____
Shiny: Maybe
EVs: X HP / X Atk / X Def / X SpA / X SpD / X Spe
_____ Nature
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

come from? Was it designed for Pokemon Showdown or was it adopted from elsewhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)