Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Matleo

Banned deucer.
Their spanic names.

Fue-coco-
goes scarecrow/boogeyman? Another ghost? Or dark? Hope sinister poison.like Dorapion.

Spiri- gatito- ghost cat, but ghost? Fairies are spirit of forests. Lions are are spirits of sand dunes. Grass/rock would be type wise good.

Qua-xly - qua meeans who, xly could be reffering to laxly meaning lacks discipline. Who lacks discipline? A adept fighter.

Last edited:
We all know at LEAST ONE of them will stand in two legs and I'm honestly not bothered since I like all the starters final evolution in the past gens. I have other things to be worried about Gen 9 like the release date. This is worrisome, I think lots of fans could've endured this year with no gen 9 since they got BDSP and L:A. It disappoints me these games have limited development just because of the merchandising...

So the zodiac theory might not be dead. Just learned on Twitter today that male crocodiles are apparently called bulls, and female crocodiles are called cows. It's honestly a stretch, especially since I imagine the Japanese terminology for how they describe male/female crocs is way more important, but it's still a pretty funny coincidence if nothing else.
Another hoop is added to the mental gymnastic course...

We all know at LEAST ONE of them will stand in two legs and I'm honestly not bothered since I like all the starters final evolution in the past gens. I have other things to be worried about Gen 9 like the release date. This is worrisome, I think lots of fans could've endured this year with no gen 9 since they got BDSP and L:A. It disappoints me these games have limited development just because of the merchandising...
I think if any of the starters are gonna be humanoid, it's gonna be Quaxly. It's already bipedal and the giant ass tuft of hair on its head looks like a sailor's hat.

Definitely gonna be a navy admiral of some kind

I really don't think I'm mentally prepared for matleo posts this early in the new game posting cycle...

Unrelatedly, on the subject of potential inclusions, I'm fairly confident that most if not all of the Pokemon that flat out missed Gen 8, that small handful of Gen 5-7 Pokemon, will be making an appearance in Pokemon SV. There are Pokemon accumulating some gigantic gaps in their obtainability like Gogoat and Deerling. I have a feeling gamefreak's on the lookout to not neglect certain Pokemon for too long now that they're missing games. Greninja being so emphatically popular yet unavailable for nearly 5 years is kinda rough! The only reason I can see them neglecting very long absent Pokemon is if something like a Gen 5 remake is in the pipeline and they skip out on some Gen 5 dudes.

Also, the fact they immediately announced home compatibility with PLA Pokemon leads me to believe everything new in PLA will be accessible in the new game. Makes sense given this'll be the first time these Pokemon will be have access to a PVP environment.

This duck is a strange one.

Sprigatio doesn't have an established motif. It's just a cat with some green patches. It could really go in any direction (and hopefully that direction isn't up).

Fuecoco has an established motif. It's a crocodile that's also a chili pepper.

Quaxly has an established motif, but it's not clear what that motif is, exactly. A lot of people (including me) think it looks like a sailor of some kind, but a not-insignificant number of people see its hat and outstretched wing and their mind immediately jumps to matador.

Matleo

Banned deucer.

Sprigatio doesn't have an established motif. It's just a cat with some green patches. It could really go in any direction (and hopefully that direction isn't up).

Quaxly has an established motif, but it's not clear what that motif is, exactly. A lot of people (including me) think it looks like a sailor of some kind, but a not-insignificant number of people see its hat and outstretched wing and their mind immediately jumps to matador.
All have symbols again on their bodies. Square for fire. Fue coco means goes boogeyman/scarecrow but world fue could be from fuel scary- also Google says fire crocs are venomous, squares mark toxic waste.... Duck has a wave, reverse wing, navy, water style fighting and maybe crane? Cat has a lotus, desert plant or what is it? Desert plant hope cactus related or that grows on rock.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
The main thing I am seeing about Sprigatito on Twitter are people dearly hoping that Sprigatito does not go full anthropomorphic when it evolves.

In fact, people are dearly hoping the Gen 9 starters' final forms don't become anthropomorphic.
We really don't need 'Incineroar but Grass type'. That said, if this occurs and there is another Smash Bros game on the horizon, I think we know who's getting picked.

I hope any of them don't go the 'fur suit' route we saw in Galar, but I'm scared that, if any of them do, it'll be the cat. Anthro bird/croc don't really sound like they'll work, but I'm not willing to Google it to find out.

I find it interesting that there doesn't really seem to be distinct male and female characters. They just look like the same character except one of them has a braid. Assuming player customization is still in the game (which I think is a safe assumption to make) I hope this is a sign toward the player being able to style their character however they want regardless of gender.

All have symbols again on their bodies. Square for fire. Fue coco means goes boogeyman/scarecrow but world fue could be from fuel scary- also Google says fire crocs are venomous, squares mark toxic waste.... Duck has a wave, reverse wing, navy, water style fighting and maybe crane? Cat has a lotus, desert plant or what is it? Desert plant hope cactus related or that grows on rock.
Fuecoco comes from fuego meaning fire and cocodrilo meaning crocodile.

Matleo

Banned deucer.

I find it interesting that there doesn't really seem to be distinct male and female characters. They just look like the same character except one of them has a braid. Assuming player customization is still in the game (which I think is a safe assumption to make) I hope this is a sign toward the player being able to style their character however they want regardless of gender.
Siblings? Twins? New Ashesh? It would be good to get someone with new pikachu. Look like Ash kids or grand kids.

Quaxly is going to be a Don Quixote reference. You heard it here
I've heard that a few times but I don't see the connection, personally. Nothing in Quaxly's design resembles "deranged and dangerous lunatic who thinks he's a knight" and the name connection is extremely tenuous. There's a QU and an X between them, but if the X really is supposed to be the X from Quixote, then how the hell is Quaxly even supposed to be pronounced? Maybe a native spanish speaker can answer this, but at least to me "Qua-hly" is incredibly awkward to say. It seems more likely to me that the X is just there to make it more interesting than Quacksly. Also, its Japanese name is just a portmanteau of quack and water.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
1646013089802.png

Sprigatito fans...oh Sprigatito fans..

How unfortunate of you to be stuck in a tumultuously nailbiting dilemma.

What will the verdict of Gamefreak's mighty artists bestow upon this mewling furball?

What will Arceus itself deem its natural evolutionary process, at the behest of many Trainers?

Will it be... the graceful radiant presence of a quadruped, not unlike the Leafeons of yonder?

Or perhaps... another path... a darker path...
1646012905055.png

ahahaha...

Hahahaha..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Spanish Twitter is in full agreement on it being pretty much an incarnation of the stereotypes associated with young people associated with the conservative party. I mean, it has the hairdo and the white polo shirt! It has the colors of our conservative party:

1646013685482.png

(Of course, tongue in cheek, but laughs are being had)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Gather around gang it's time for a SV story theory
1646025332755.png
1646025322797.png

Ya ever notice how the two version-exclusive protagonist designs have different insignias on their sleeves? They're not just different colors, if you look closely enough the actual symbols are different. Coupled with the rumblings that they look like school kids and here's my theory:

Your player character is a student of one of two rival Trainer's Schools depending on version. The two schools are competing to see who can have one of their students beat the region's Pokemon League or fulfill some other region-specific major objective first. With this setup friends in one version become rivals in an another and vice-versa, with the main rival being the final boss.

I'm late to the party but the starters are really cute! I think Quaxly is my favorite, it kinda looks like Donald Duck which is my favorite Disney character so that's probably why lol

Also as a portuguese speaker "Sprigatito" and "Fuecoco" are really funny sounding names. "Coco" is "coconut" in portuguese but "cocô" is "poop" and the pronunciation is almost the same so I'll avoid saying this lil dude's name out loud

Ema Skye

Work!
Gather around gang it's time for a SV story theory
View attachment 409980View attachment 409979
Ya ever notice how the two version-exclusive protagonist designs have different insignias on their sleeves? They're not just different colors, if you look closely enough the actual symbols are different. Coupled with the rumblings that they look like school kids and here's my theory:

Your player character is a student of one of two rival Trainer's Schools depending on version. The two schools are competing to see who can have one of their students beat the region's Pokemon League or fulfill some other region-specific major objective first. With this setup friends in one version become rivals in an another and vice-versa, with the main rival being the final boss.
Ok we're Fire Emblem Fates now.

Really cool idea for a Pokemon game and I would be so here for it. I imagine the storytelling potential could be pretty good. I think it'd be cool for the versions to actually be different, like how SM had different times of day.

EDIT: Don't wanna double post but I did find this discovery:
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 8.19.51 PM.png

You can faintly make out the circular orange shape symbol on one of the coat of arms (you can see some of the lines). The Violet character seems to have the Scarlet symbol. I would bet the Scarlet character has the violet symbol.

Game also seems to have a lot to do with light, given the trailer. On the light spectrum, ultraviolet and infrared (scarlet, cause red is a game already) are opposites, with visible light in the middle. There's also a fruit motif, given the symbols: one is an orange, the other is a grape, and there's this shot in the trailer of both side by side. The grape seems to be more adorned, given the border, while orange is very minimalistic.
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 8.27.57 PM.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)