Metagame Re-Evolution

rarre

Sometimes I think maybe its too late
is a Tiering Contributor
Aight I was going to do a bit long post earlier but was too lazy, so here’s some of my thoughts after playing quite a few games.

:ss/slowking-galar:
100/65/95/180/180/45

Best mon in the tier as of now. Incredible glue mon that can switch into and threaten Naganadel as well as check so many other special attackers. Glowking also provides future sight support for monsters like Urshifu-SS. Even without investment, it’s stab 120 base power move coming off of a 180 special attack. Currently, the most common and best set is the Assault Vest specially defensive tank, but I have seen Colbur Calm Mind Glowking (although not to any success).

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic / Flamethrower / Scald
- Flamethrower / Scald / Ice Beam / Earthquake

Glowking can run less spd and more spa dependable to whatever you’re comfortable with

If running Earthquake as 4th run sassy nature

:ss/naganadel: :ss/urshifu: :damp-rock:

Naganadel: 79/73/79/181/79/169
Urshifu: 140/170/140/73/70/122

The three biggest threats that teams have to prepare for. Naganadel can easily snowball teams with its nasty plot set, as it boosts speed upon ko-ing an opposing mon. Additionally, it can hit a lot of its usual checks with coverage moves, such as thunderbolt and dark pulse for mantine and heatproof bronzong. Urshifu still does incredible damage , even in such a metagame as power crept as Re-evolution. The prominence of Glowking also greatly helps Urshifu, as it likes pairing up with it’s future sight support to break support it’s raw breaking power. Urshifu’s high attack stat, high-powered stabs, and ability to hit the pesky fairies with iron head make it another massive threat. Rain got a few buffs that make it a very powerful playstyle rn. Pelliper got a huge buff in its bulk, allowing it to serve as team’s physical tank. Barraskewda is now disgustingly powerful, having a 183 attack stat alongside a rain boost, allowing it to 2hko most non-resists. Rain can also make use of other insanely powerful wallbreakers such as Crawdaunt and Urshifu-rapid, or powerful electrics like Jolteon and Heliolisk. These 3 are all big threats that each team should have a plan for.

:ss/noivern:
130/110/125/149/120/191

Turns out that the insane stat monster is actually good in Re-evolution. This is the fastest relevant mon in the tier and actually hits quite hard. I personally like 4 attacks the most, but taunt and roost are valid options as well. Unfortunately it won’t ever be able to break through glowking, which kinda sucks.

:quagsire::blissey::ho-oh::clefable::mandibuzz:
(Stall)
In a tier with such inflated stats, there will be much bulkier pokémon than usual, to a point where defensive tools could outshine offensive ones. Stall is in a much better place than in, say, OU, and here stall is a very powerful playstyle that can be very hard to beat.

:ss/golisopod:
125/215/240/100/150/1

The other statistical monster is also quite good in Re-evolution. Golisopod’s high natural defenses allow it to switch in to some incredibly strong moves. Additionally, it has good utility with its powerful first impression, knock off, and spikes. It’s a good counter to rain, as it can easily switch into barraskewda and threaten it out with a powerful first impression.

Also you should totally use this spread

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- First Impression
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Scald

Spd to live 3 specs dragapult shadow balls, rest dumped in def

:ss/corviknight::ss/mandibuzz:
Corviknight: 128/107/155/63/115/57
Mandibuzz: 150/75/135/65/125/100

The tier’s best defoggers that also play key defensive roles on their teams. Corviknight is slightly more splashable on teams but both are worthwhile picks. Both are also decent at checking urshifu-ss with fsight support in the short term, and corv can actually pp stall it quite well. Corv is slightly less passive with usable attack, stabs, and body press, while Mandibuzz provides a ghost resist and potential item removal.

:ss/tsareena:
92/200/148/60/148/82

A good spinner that can also offensive pressure opponents with its offensive coverage and movepool while still having utility, recovery, and u-turn. Tsareena also has an incredible attack stat of 200, which lets its attacks really sting. Ofc, breaking through certain mons like corviknight can be difficult, but tsareena can pressure most of the hazard setters.

:ss/ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn is back and does ferrothorn things, but it has higher stats now. Spamming leech seed is fun tho.

:ss/clefable:
120/95/98/130/115/85

Everyone’s favorite or least favorite pink blob is actually very good in Re-evolution. Unaware sets can take on a wide variety of annoying setup sweepers, and it’s also one of the better urshifu-ss checks. Magic guard utility is also very good. Cm might also be an idea.

Onto the 4 mons that are being voted on! I’ll just give some quick thoughts because this is really all just speculation

:ss/volcarona:
No, just don’t. This thing can break through almost anything with coverage and sheer power. It’s also bulky enough to take some hits.

:ss/milotic:
Ridiculous bulk, great utility, 190 spa as to not be super passive. 3rd highest special bulk in the game while still being bulkier than corv on the physical side. Don’t

:ss/toxapex:
It’s actually not nearly as super impossible to break, and still very passive. Could also provide a backbone against the other big 3 threats. But I would personally vote against freeing pex, as it would make stall potentially unbeatable.

:ss/frosmoth:
This is the one I’m most willing to test. It’s not that powerful w/o lo or some other boosting item, and it can be revenged by certain physical attackers. Most mons get 2hko ed, but its manageable. However, it can use almost any special attacker as fodder, which can become problematic, even w/o reliable recovery

Sorry for not posting any calcs, this took a while I didn’t want to make it any longer. I’ll probably be back later with more ideas/developments/viability rankings.

Final note, most of this is what I have observed after playing quite a few games, and the statements I made may not be true or even semi-correct later on. You can also disagree

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
This is the one I’m most willing to test. It’s not that powerful w/o lo or some other boosting item, and it can be revenged by certain physical attackers. Most mons get 2hko ed, but its manageable. However, it can use almost any special attacker as fodder, which can become problematic, even w/o reliable recovery
I'm personally in favor of keeping Moth banned. The bulk is really good, esp on the special side, and it has quiver dance obviously. We won't know until it's tested, though.

Just so it's not a one-liner, here's a few gimmicky things that look funny. No particular order

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
- Accelerock
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Play Rough/Psychic Fangs/Swords Dance/Sucker Punch

105/169/90/80/90/160 = 694

Tough Claws is a really good ability, and 169 attack is quite nice. 160 speed is decent too.

Cinccino @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Triple Axel

95/140/80/90/90/155 = 640

Tier Shift Cinccino but frailer and very slightly stronger. Tail Slap is incredibly strong, though. Terrified of Ferrothorn to an insane degree, and loses too much power to Protective Pads; Still incredibly funny!

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Rest
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt/Sludge Bomb

91/100/71/111/151/80 = 604

This does nothing. Literally nothing. It just sits there and stares at you and desperately hopes you don't have Knock Off. By all accounts, this is useless.

And I absolutely love it. Maybe you could do something stupid in rain with Infestation and Acid Armor. It's still gonna sit there and do nothing, but at least it's cute!

Mudsdale @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Earthquake
- idfk you could probably put anything here

130/150/130/65/115/25 = 615

This might be crossing the line into actually viable territory but I wanna talk about this anyway. This is a physical mon to end all physical mons. Body Press and Stamina always go great together. Maybe if you're feeling as gimmickyasitgets™ you could maybe run an AV on this.

We did the voting a bit early, here's the results!
KaenSoulCratersmashJTD783Wes8888Codename C.A.TResult
FrosmothUnbanUnbanUnbanUnbanAbstain0-1-4 Unban
MiloticKeep BannedKeep BannedUnbanAbstainKeep Banned3-1-1 Keep Banned
ToxapexUnbanUnbanKeep BannedUnbanUnban1-0-4 Unban
VolcaronaKeep BannedKeep BannedKeep BannedUnbanKeep Banned4-0-1 Keep Banned

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I think the tier can handle Frosmoth, while able to set up on multiple special attackers it should need more support than our average set up sweepers to actually sweep teams, as it has very poor coverage and Ice STAB while good it can only take you so far, it can improve the coverage on weather teams thanks to Weatherball, but we don't really know how much of a good idea that may be yet. Defensibly, there are multiple checks that are already very good in the meta, like Ferrothorn, Corviknight, Ho-oh, specially defensive Tyranitar and Unaware Clefable, meanwhile in the offensive side there are Gallade and Lucario while many can revenge kill it, Lycanroc-Dusk and Metagross can use priority and many physical attackers with over 110 speed can hold a choice Scarf and still have enough damage for the ohko.
Also, it lacks recovery outside of Giga Drain, so it can't be used as a special sponge that effectively.

Toxapex while bulky, it should have problems with the current meta as Future Sight users like Slowking-Galar and its brothers are omnipresent in the tier, it should help with the rain match up of some teams despite being unable to take on some rain abusers like Heliolisk and the rare Toxicroak, it also just lose to CM Kyogre. And is really passive, many Pokémon can use sub to protect themselves from burns and poison while setting up on its face.

:ss/milotic:
I think it is possible for this beast to be balanced in the future, as it has no coverage and has similar checks to most waters, but for now is not a priority and fear its stats to be overwhelming for many teams. We are near the end of the gen, so I don't think there will be time to suspect test it, as we more likely will only have time for one suspect at best and there are higher priorities.

:ss/volcarona:
Rain being good make Volcarona look not so broken, but still has the stats and movepool to get out of control much easier than its Ice counterpart, is even fast and strong before setting up and thanks to roost it can even run bulky sets much easier to set up on defensive answers, Heatran is a non-factor on this tier so not much can actually take hits from it.

Last edited:
Short post here to simply show what I believe to be the (current) optimal Slowking-G spread.
:ss/Slowking-Galar:
EVs: 184 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
When making this spread, I decided to use the damage calculator a lot. I realized something there: you need zero spdef investment onto glowking. It handles all threats it needs to fine before the spdef. Currently, 184 HP is a requirement to check scarf Kyogre. This is also a benchmark for living +2 Naganadel’s Draco meteor with rocks up. 64 defense let’s you check Azumarill, as you won’t be very scared of its knock off. Another thing people don’t realize: Slowking-G has 180 spatk! The same as Naganadel! It hits like a truck with modest max spatk. After all that, I had 8 leftover, and decided to use a bit of creep for other glowking.
Just so this post isn’t incredibly short, I’ll give my reasonings for why I voted on the potential unbans

:frosmoth: I have very mixed feelings about Frosmoth. For every negative that could make it balanced, there’s a positive that could make it broken. It doesn’t have a good typing, but it has Ice Scales and is a practically perfect special check. It has to rely on Ice Beam, but Ice is an incredible offensive typing. Physical attackers can check it, but it can boost speed with quiver dance and outspeed and 2HKO them. As a result, I decided to abstain.
:Toxapex: Looking back at what was initially voted on to be banned, Toxapex being banned was a grave mistake. Rain is simply ridiculous without Toxapex to check the waters if you don’t run somewhat specific mons such as Mantine or Slowking-K. It also helps negate Naganadel from bowling over everything as much, and gives Slowking-G some competition for the poison type regenerator niche.
:volcarona: :milotic: I voted keep banned on these two for a simple reason: NOTHING can match their levels of power. The definitive special answer, Slowking-G, gets bowled over, and so do the blobs after some boosting. Not to mention the absurd bulk granted to them.

Gimmicky

The Pex is back. Not particularly happy about it, but since it's here, lets take a look at it and see just what it can do.

• 50/63/152/53/142/35 = 495 (BASE)
  • 50/73/242/63/232/25 = 685 (RE-EVO)

I don't even need to explain the bulk on this thing. Even with pretty garbage base HP, 50/242/232 is insane. 252+ Toxapex hits a massive 641 defense stat, while having special defense of 501 with only 4 EVs. In other words: this thing takes hits, and could viably run either a physdef or spedef set and still laugh in the face of a lot of the metagame. It's a great answer to a lot of weather teams, can live a choiced hit and knock off the item, and stops the NagaShifu core from barreling through the tier.

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze/Toxic
- Toxic Spikes/Baneful Bunker/Scald

This is a standard physdef toxapex on steroids. Insanely, this thing still survives a Re-Evo Glowking Future Sight.

252 SpA Slowking-Galar Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toxapex: 236-282 (77.6 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

A few more calcs, because this thing is your standard monster. Everything done with Re-Evo stats, yada yada you know the deal
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toxapex: 168-199 (55.2 - 65.4%)
  • 252+ Atk Golisopod Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 73-87 (24 - 28.6%)
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Gallade Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 216-254 (71 - 83.5%)

I could keep going, but I don't need to. This isn't, however, the only way to Toxa your Pex.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze / Toxic
- Toxic Spikes / Baneful Bunker / Scald

This is just a spdef Toxapex. Nothing that new. I'm sorry for lying to you. This thing is a bit insane, though, and depending on the rest of your team could see a lot of genuine play. Pex's UNINVESTED physical defense is still an incredibly solid 520, and its spdef jumps to 619. Even with it's measly HP, that is no thin wall. Here's a few Calcs, same deal as before.
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 134-160 (44 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
  • 252 SpA Slowking-Galar Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 134-158 (44 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
  • 252 SpA Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 150-176 (49.3 - 57.8%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Toxapex on a critical hit: 180-213 (59.2 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

That's right. Spdef Pex can Recover off Glowking Future Sight and has a chance to live +2 Naganadel Draco.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze
- Knock Off

This is just a Pex with roughly equal defenses. Instead of being an amazing wall on one side and a shaky one on the other, it's just. Good enough on both. I imagine the standard pex is gonna play a game of EV Chicken slowly approaching this point.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Block
- Toxic
- Infestation
- Gunk Shot

This is a trapping Pex. It's not particularly good, but it could be funny. Merciless helps its incredibly underwhelming attacks actually do something. Overall you're just trading your Pex for a worse Pex.

Toxapecks (Toxapex) @ Choice Band
Ability: Merciless
Adamant Nature
- Peck

toxapecks

rarre

is a Tiering Contributor
Just a quick post on the unbans

Honestly, quickbanning it was probably a bad descision. Turns rain from dominant to decent. Able to short-term check urshifu if no hazards, but not with fsight support. Still really passive.

Don’t have too much to say about this. Mostly fine as limited recovery and power make it kind of eh. Can def clean late game and uses a lot of mons as setup fodder.

:ss/slowking-galar::ss/urshifu:

Glowking only got better with the new unbans, as now it has a target to hit with future sights and a sweeper to flamethrower/psyshock/poison. It also easily supports Urshifu, and the core is quickly becoming one of the strongest in the tier. It’s really just very difficult to safety play around it.

:ss/zygarde:

lol

demon set can be quite funny if you don’t prepare for it

Last edited:

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Meta changed a bit with the unbans, we have a lot to discover, not just with finding ways to support Frosmoth and defensive cores with Toxapex but also with all the unexplored mons, I want to update the sample teams, so I'm going to share the team used on the first post unban room tour. If anyone else has teams that they think are good enough as a sample, then feel free to post them, but replays are required.

:zygarde-complete: :slowking-galar: :urshifu: :coalossal: :golisopod: :clefable:
https://pokepast.es/b1c012120ff860af

:ss/zygarde-complete:
I ruined everyone's fun with the demon, I know everyone is focused on the re-evos, but we shouldn't forget about the Ubers that are still strong enough to compete and sweep unprepared teams, this meta is supposed to have a higher power level than Ubers so in theory we should have better answers than what is available there, but is that true? I think so, but let's discover them together by playing. You can customize the EVs based on your needs, the example is just the set you find on the smogondex for Ubers.

:ss/slowking-galar: :ss/urshifu:
I think this core has been problematic for a while now, is already hard to switch into CB Urshifu, and when you add the pressure of Future Sight it just become impossible, would like to hear what other people think of these two, as some action may be required. Slowking-Galar is not just good in this core, is really hard to take down, check most of the tier and deals insane amounts of damage, I fear people give it a free pass because it makes checking Naganadel much easier but broken shouldn't check broken, but there is still the possibility the tier can adapt to it without much centralization.

:ss/coalossal:
Not a big fan of this mon, but it has an easy time setting hazards and spinning on a lot of stuff like Frosmoth, Noivern, Weezing-Galar, Blissey and most fairies, should become much better now if Toxapex does reduce rain's popularity. It is more than a meme, but require Wish support to work.

:ss/golisopod: :ss/clefable:
Golisopod and Clefable have been some of the best Pokémon in the tier so far, while being far from problematic. Golisopod like Coalossal is a Pokémon that works really well with Wish support, is very hard to take down, but as the battle goes on it usually becomes less and less useful, being able to refill its health safely makes a huge difference on its performance. Two great abilities, Teleport and STAB Moonblast coming from base 130 SpA turn Clefable in one of the best if not the best Wish passer currently.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1609108206
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1609115567

Last edited:

Gimmicky

A few things I wanna talk about in regards to the tier; ultimately, the Pex and Moth unbans have put us in a better spot, though I don't think it's perfect yet.

Glowshifu is really good. Like, really good. They're a phenomenal pair on both the offensive and defensive fronts, and they're really splashable. I hesitate to call them banworthy, but if we don't find good answers quickly we may be in a bit of trouble. It's really difficult to play around them safely. Future Sight is really good and so is Wicked Blow. Nothing more to say, everyone else has mentioned this.

Urshifu-Rapid deserves a mention too, even if it's generally not as good. Surging Strikes in rain is really scary.

Rain is great. The general consensus seems to be that Pelipper is somewhere around A tier, and I have to agree.
  • 60/50/100/95/70/65 (Base)
  • 80/70/170/135/110/45 (Reevo)
Peli is about the best Golisopod check you could ask for, and even with underwhelming HP, it takes physical hits quite well. It has a pretty good damage output under rain, too, but it's not exactly an offensive monster. What's even scarier is what Peli enables.

These two are the best pure rain abusers, in my eyes. Crawdaunt has the benefit of Dual Stab + absurd power, as well as setup opportunity with a dance set. Barraskewda has immediate power, screen breaking with Psychic Fangs, absolutely absurd speed and use as an offensive pivot. You could justifiably use both, which is really scary. Crawdaunt is also notable for being able to handle a lot of Glowbro sets well and force them out.

High BP moves, really good coverage with Thunder/HV/Water Move, and a fast U-Turn. Heliolisk is really nice. It's one of the best Thunder Spammers in the meta. Jolteon does a lot of what Heliolisk does too, but I'm gonna analyze that with the rest of the Eevees later.

Naga is crazy. A +2 Naganadel is basically an ICBM that gets faster and faster to boot. Paper thin, but we don't have too much priority floating around relative to a lot of other tiers. I'd keep my eye on this, it has crazy spiraling potential and basically forces you to have some spdef on your Pex.

Quagsire can act as a really good emergency check to a lot of things. Unaware is just a really good ability, and it's quite bulky. It deserves way more hype, it's a really good check to Naga.

Analysis on the Eeveelutions as a group coming in like an hour probably

Gimmicky

None of the Eevee evolutions particularly excel here. The inherently unbalanced stat spreads create Pokemon that are good but not masters at any particular role. Most of them have one job and they do it anywhere from great to.. fine.

This tier list is NOT definitive, and it's relative to the rest of the metagame, not self contained. Everything hereon out is my opinion.

• 95/65/110/60/130/65 = 525 BST (Base)
  • 135/75/170/75/195/75 = 725 BST (Reevo)
Umbreon probably comes out the best, statwise. It doesn't particularly need its offenses or speed, it just needs to sponge hits and pivot. It checks Glowking relatively nicely, isn't scared at all of Caly-S, and generally laughs at special attackers. Wish Support and Heal Bell is nice, and Foul Play is inherently good in a metagame where every useless stat is cranked up somewhat.
Umbreon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

• 130/65/60/110/95/65 = 525 BST (Base)
  • 205/75/70/175/125/75 = 725 BST (Reevo)
Vaporeon is a bulky water and a cleric all in one. What's not to love here? Besides that defense. Even with an absolutely massive HP, 70 defense is... not good. 205/125 is very nice special bulk, though, and 175 base special attacks are really nice even uninvested. Also, 293 HP Wish. JFC.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 92 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell / Haze
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Toxic / Flip Turn

I didn't come up with this EV spread. It avoids an OHKO from +2 Chomp 5 hit Scale Shot, but honestly, you could optimize this a lot of ways.

• 95/65/65/110/130/60 = 525 BST (base)
  • 135/75/80/175/195/65 = 727 BST (Reevo)
The problem with Sylveon is the opportunity cost. You could run Calm Mind Sylveon, but you could also run CM Clef or Alcremie. You could use it as a bulky cleric, but you could also use Togekiss or Clef. You could slap an AV onto it, but Glowking is a much better AV user. Sylveon is not bad by any means, and it's not necessarily outclassed, but it's really team dependent.

Calm Mind (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire

Cleric (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire

Gimmick (Sylveon) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire

• 65/65/60/130/95/110 = 525 BST (Base)
  • 75/75/70/215/125/165 = 725 BST (Reevo)
Espeon is kinda weird. It's fast and strong, but not exceptionally fast or strong. It has a good movepool, but it's not great. It has variety, but it's not splashable. Psychic is a kind of meager typing both offensively and defensively, but it's not terrible. It's a fast Psychic type that kind of beats Caly-S sometimes, and other times it sets up screens.

Screenslaver @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Espeon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

• 65/65/60/110/95/130 = 525 BST (Base)
  • 75/75/70/175/125/205 = 725 BST (Reevo)
Jolteon is another spin on a Thunderspam Rain Abuser. It's main competitor is Heliolisk, who more directly benefits from rain defensively, while Jolteon is faster and stronger. It's kind of underrated, I'd like to see it more fully explored. Electric/Water is a nice offensive pair, especially under rain, and it can be quite threatening in the right hands. It's held back by opportunity cost more than anything; you could run Jolteon, but you could also run any other number of rain abusers. It's probably the best offensive Eeveelution, but Espeon edges it out due to support capabilities.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Shadow Ball / Thunder Wave / Toxic

• 65/110/130/60/65/95 = 525 BST (Base)
  • 75/165/210/75/65/135 = 727 BST (Reevo)

Leafeon is my brand. My favorite. I really wanted it to be good, and it turns out... it almost is. Sun is bordering on gimmick status right now. Groudon is good, but the sun abusers have.. problems. For Leafeon, the problem is coverage and special bulk. You just can't hit very many types super effectively with Leafeon, and a lot of types hit you back for super effective special damage. The physical bulk is really nice, though, and the speed lends itself well to SD or Banded sets. It has a surprising amount of versatility for how limited it is. It's not very good outside of sun, and sun isn't amazing, but it's.. fine.

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Solar Blade
- Iron Tail / X-Scissor / Quick Attack

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade / Solar Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

Neither of these are very good or worth talking about, in my opinion. Glaceon has potential, it's stat spread is quite nice, but it's very slow. I hope to be proven wrong on these two. Maybe someone can make Guts Flareon work on TR.

rarre

is a Tiering Contributor

These two are the best pure rain abusers, in my eyes.

Quagsire can act as a really good emergency check to a lot of things. Unaware is just a really good ability, and it's quite bulky. It deserves way more hype, it's a really good check to Naga.
Few comments about this, might be misunderstanding but crawdaunt doesn’t have to be used on rain, and quagsire does not check naganadel, as it gets easily bowled over by Draco meteor spam.

• 65/110/130/60/65/95 = 525 BST (Base)
  • 75/165/210/75/65/135 = 725 BST(Reevo)

Leafeon is my brand. My favorite. I really wanted it to be good, and it turns out... it almost is. Sun is bordering on gimmick status right now. Groudon is good, but the sun abusers have.. problems. For Leafeon, the problem is coverage and special bulk. You just can't hit very many types super effectively with Leafeon, and a lot of types hit you back for super effective special damage. The physical bulk is really nice, though, and the speed lends itself well to SD or Banded sets. It has a surprising amount of versatility for how limited it is. It's not very good outside of sun, and sun isn't amazing, but it's.. fine.

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Solar Blade
- Iron Tail / X-Scissor / Quick Attack

Currently, exeggutor seems to be a better chlorophyll abuser for the most part.
Not to make this a one-liner:

Not much else come to mind rn as I’m making this post, glowking is almost or already S+ (it’s just that good). Being able to so effortlessly support its team’s attackers with future sight while also playing a key defensive role of teams is really good. And of course, the glowking urshifu core is still insanely strong.

might update with more later

Edit: fixed the god awful formatting

Last edited:

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
:poipole: :ss/Naganadel: :poipole:
The council has decided to vote on Naganadel this weekend. While my plan was to wait a bit longer before further action, the majority of the council is convinced that there is no need no wait any longer for this decision. Also, multiple Pokémon have been removed from the watchlist, leaving only Urshifu-S, Slowking-Galar, Barraskewda and Naganadel on it.
Just like last time, if anyone wants to express their opinion on the subject is free to do it here or in Discord, you may be able to influence the outcome.

Last edited:

rarre

is a Tiering Contributor
:poipole: :ss/Naganadel: :poipole:
The council has decided to vote on Naganadel this weekend. While my plan was to wait a bit longer before further action, the majority of the council is convinced that there is no need no wait any longer for this decision. Also, multiple Pokémon have been removed from the watchlist, leaving only Urshifu-S, Slowking-Galar, Barraskewda and Naganadel on it.
Just like last time, if anyone wants to express their opinion on the subject is free to do it here or in Discord, you may be able to influence the outcome.
THE BAN NAGANADEL TRAIN BE RIDING INTO VICTORY YASSSSSSSSS

alright time to be serious

Naganadel has 2 main sets, which are nasty plot and modest scarf (I haven’t seen anyone use specs or spikes scarf). Naganadel’s 100% reliable defensive checks are limited to Blissey, Chansey, and Glowking (technically slowking too). Of course, the blobs don’t fit on every team, leaving Glowking as the only common Naganadel check. Offensively, Naganadel is checked by priority, scarfers, and faster mons if Naganadel doesn’t have a speed boost. Naganadel is also really restrictive on teambuilding, as you are essentially forcing Glowking on teams that aren’t stall. It shouldn’t feel mandatory to run a mon, even if it is an amazing mon, to specifically check Naganadel. This generally isn’t a sign that a mon is healthy in a metagame.

Not going to write too much because I don’t feel like it:smogduck:.

Might update this later with more stuff

Wes8888

Goon of the OM variety
is a Pre-Contributor
The Council has unanimously decided to ban Naganadel. Henceforth, Naganadel is banned from Re-Evolution!
/challenge gen8ubers @@@ Re-Evolution Mod, -Solgaleo, -Lunala, -Gyarados, -Milotic, -Darmanitan-Galar, -Volcarona, -Naganadel, +Zacian-Base

Last edited:

rarre

is a Tiering Contributor
Naganadel has been banned :quagchamppogsire:

let’s get right into it

Winners:

:slowking-galar:

No longer needs to run psychic/psyshock as one of its moves. That’s really it.

:clefable:

One of the few boosting sweepers/powerful attackers that naturally stuffed it just got banned. It’s now a very solid defensive presence that can safely check a lot of mons while providing support with its utility moves.

:hydreigon:

It was completely overshadowed by naganadel, with its 2 extra points in spa being completely useless compared to Naganadel’s higher speed and ability to boost its speed. It couldn’t even try scarf over Naganadel, as naga could just use modest and even had u turn. Now it can actually be used, though it probably won’t become a metagame superstar.

:quagsire:

Previously, this could easily be overwhelmed by Naganadel spamming Draco meteor. Now, it’s able to be a more absolute wall for a huge amount of the metagame. It can pair up with clefable to form an incredible unaware core. Generally just appreciates Naganadel being gone.

:zacian:

Really just benefits from Naganadel not being around. Able to more efficiently dismantle balance cores when not having to fear Naganadel being able to come in and threaten it out.

:urshifu:

No longer has to play a guessing game with sucker punch and wicked blow.

:tyranitar:

Can start experimenting with other sets, such as band, instead of having to use specially defensive.

Losers:

:slowking-galar::chansey::blissey::bronzong:
These mons had part of their niche defined by being able to handle Naganadel. Now with Naganadel banned, they’ll likely lose some viability respectively.

:piloswine::mamoswine:
One of the main reasons to use these mons were using ice shard to revenge naganadel. Now, it’ll be harder for them to find a niche in the meta.

:heatran:
The only reason you were using this was to tank naganadel, otherwise this is almost unusable compared to the other steels/fires.

Oh yeah I put :slowking-galar: twice. It is both benefitted and made worse by Naganadel’s ban. It’s going to be hard to determine whether it gets better or worse until later.

Statements are subject to change if the meta shifts enough.

I’ve been milking this thread too much haven’t i

Last edited:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Shifu really needs to go honestly. You can check it with Physdef Clef, Physdef Noivern, Physdef Hippowdon, or hoping that they have the wrong set to break your team. Its synergy with the #2 mon in the meta (Glowking) is insane, and its worth noting that every single one of its checks, barring Hippo, gives Glowking a free FS, which puts quite literally everything into 2HKO range barring Mandibuzz switching into Wicked Blow.

Edit:

To expand this a tad.

:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn is the meta's second best steel type, and also the meta's third best gluemon. Great all-around bulk, Steel-Grass typing letting you match up very well into rain, and being slow enough to help vs TR all are major upsides to the mon. Leech Seed also gives you a fairly solid matchup into Corv, allowing you to often force rocks up. That said, being slower than Glowking and nearly being OHKO'd by Flamethrower hurts.

:groudon: The best set for Groudon is either LO SR or CB 4 attacks. A ground type that can reliably bypass Corviknight is pretty cool, and Drought gives you some cool combos you can pull with your team, eg giving Cinderace the ability to actually KO stuff.

:espeon: Espeon is a really really good mon. It outruns a ton of the meta, notably fat Noivern, has as much SpA as Gallade has attack, and Psychic/Ghost/Fairy coverage is actually pretty good in this meta, only really being resisted by Ferrothorn and Corviknight, the latter of which you can tech Zap Cannon on specs to OHKO. Psyshock is also really cool on this mon, as with Specs you deal 75%+ to AV king, which is sorta nuts.

:noivern: Speaking of gluemons, Physdef Noivern is probably the best glue in the entire meta. Even without a positive nature, or any investment, you're still at iirc 419 speed, you have tons of movepool options, eg Taunt + Super Fang + Hurricane making you into a great stallbreaker, and you take 50% from CB Shifu's Wicked Blow, making you perhaps the only check to the mon that isn't passive.

Toxtricity @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shift Gear
- Boomburst
- Throat Chop
- Fire Punch

This set is actually really cool, as with a bit of luck it can beat almost everything in the game. Only meh matchup is Unaware Clef / Toxapex if you didn't pair with spikes, but you still do more than 50 to it. There's a bit to be said about getting both Shift Gear and Throat Spray off, but when it works, it really works. That said, its not very fast, and you really rely on resists to get set up. Corv, Ferro, Clef are good setup chances though.

Last edited:

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
There is now a provisional VR on the second post right after the sample teams, is far from perfect as the meta is still new, and we are still figuring out stuff, but should help people trying to figure out on how to get into the tier. It may also change a lot soon, as we are planning to do a small survey regarding Urshifu-Single-Strike and some other elements of the metagame at some point after the first round of the Kickoff tournament, as I want to know what the participants think of Re-Evolution.

:ss/urshifu: Don't be afraid to join the kickoff tournament, everyone is new at it. :ss/gallade:

Last edited:

rarre

is a Tiering Contributor
I started writing this post before the “official/beta” (Kaen’s) vr was posted here, so I’m going to post this now

I’ve decided to post my personal viability rankings here and not just on the cord. I’ve played quite a couple games, so this should be at least partially agreeable with for other “experienced.

Note that tiers are ordered alphabetically and not be viability within tiers. Also ignore how mantine is in A.
B017A743-9D1F-43FC-9AEF-0FAB7078BF60.jpeg

Explanations are below:
S+

Best mon in the tier. Can fit on almost any kind of team except for ho. Future sight supports a ton of powerful breakers and is one of the most consistent ways to break toxapex. EV spreads are quite customizable.
(this is my preferred spread)

EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald / Ice Beam / Psyshock

S

:clefable:
Insane support mon, especially now that naganadel is banned. One of the better checks to urshifu. Unaware and magic guard are both great. Lots of utility options in knock, twave, wish, rocks, aromatherapy. Calm mind is underexplored. Can basically fit on almost every kind of team.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock / Knock Off / Protect
- Thunder Wave / Knock Off / Aromatherapy / Teleport

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off / Flamethrower

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off / Flamethrower

:urshifu:
Insane damage output against so much of the metagame. Super strong dual stabs combine with priority sucker punch, iron head for fairies, and u-turn. Almost impossible to take on with future sight support. Can effectively fit on a huge variety of teamstyles as an effective choicer/wallbreaker.
Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Adamant Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch / Iron Head

S-

:corviknight:
Great defogger and defensive pivot. Great bulk and defensive typing let it switch into a lot. Body press is quite powerful coming off its 155 defense and dissuades Bisharp from mindlessly switching in to try punish defog. Over its biggest competitor mandibuzz, corv provides a better defensive typing, body press, slower u-turns, and a better ability in pressure. Really hates magneton.
Corviknight @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Body Press / Brave Bird / Iron Head

:toxapex:
Insanely bulky tank very similar to Glowking. Fits on most teams that aren’t ho. Basically ou pex but better. Doesn’t use toxic spikes because Glowking and Toxapex are prominent. Oh and it also beats rain.
Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet / Black
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald

A+
:calyrex-shadow:
Shadow rider is still very powerful in this meta. Urshifu being prominent doesn’t help, but there aren’t too many normal types. Mandibuzz and umbreon can also give it trouble. Nasty plot and choice sets are probably best, but it’s other sets are mostly unexplored.
Calyrex-Shadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Aromatherapy / Draining Kiss

Calyrex-Shadow @ Focus Sash / Leftovers / Spell Tag
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot
- Draining Kiss / Substitue

:ferrothorn:
Does ferrothorn things. Spams spikes all over opposing teams and spams leech seed. Extra points if you use protect. Also has a lot of opportunities to use knock off.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off / Body Press

:golisopod:
Extremely bulky with good utility in spikes, strihn priority in first impression, and knock (and scald). No reliable recovery is bad, so golisopod gets less useful the less hp it has. Wish support is very nice for it. Generally a good early game tank and spikes user. And it also beats rain really hard.
Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish / Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- First Impression
- Knock Off
- Liquidation / Scald

:mandibuzz:
Insert corv description but no body press. Mandibuzz provides a dark/ghost resist, an fsight immunity, and knock/foul play.
Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- Foul Play / Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

:noivern:
One of the fastest relevant mons in the tier. Noivern also has okay bulk and very fine special attack. Noivern has powerful stabs, u-turn, and anti-steel coverage in flamethrower. Other options in roost for recovery and taunt for shutting down bulky walls are also usable.
Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Hurricane / Roost

A

:dragapult:
Really fast and decently hard-hitting specs user. Can easily destroy unprepared teams. Dragon dance might be an option, but its unexplored.
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower / Thunderbolt

:garchomp:
Chomper is doing the same thing it’s doing in ou, which is being an excellent sweeper. Sd scale shot is quite good a sweeper. At +1, chomp can outspeed most everything. It wants fire fang to hit corviknight and ferrothorn, but it also wants stone edge for mandibuzz and ho-oh. Magneton is a good partner for the steels
Garchomp @ Leftovers / Life Orb /
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang / Stone edge
- Scale Shot

:ho-oh:
Ho-oh is another very good defensive bird. Over corv and mandi, ho-oh has regenerator and sacred fire. It also has an actual fighting resist, something that corv and Mari don’t have. It can also try semi-offensive sets with brave bird.
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Defog
- Toxic / Roost
- Whirlwind / Roost

:kommo-o:
Another good sweeper for ho and other offensive teams. Main sets are clangours soul, belly drum, and defensive.
Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Bulletproof / Overcoat
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon / Flamethrower

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake / Dragon Claw / Iron Head

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof / Over
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail / Taunt / idk

:ninetales-alola:
Best screen setter and almost mandatory on most ho teams. Quite fast and usually gets up screens easily.
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry / Blizzard
- Hail / Encore
- Hypnosis / Encore

:quagsire:
The sire is quite good in re-evolution. Unaware is really good when there are so many sweepers running around. Also quite bulky with good defensive typing.
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

:tsareena:
Good spinner that also applies a lot of pressure with its 200 attack. It has a good offensive movepool while still having u-turn, knock, and recovery in synthesis.
Tsareena (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sweet Veil
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Power Whip

Tsareena (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sweet Veil
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

:zacian:
Tears apart balance cores with its power and coverage. It hits most of the best mons super effectively with play rough, close combat, and wild charge. It can also use a choice scarf to be an effective revenge killer.
Zacian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
- Crunch / Swords Dance

Zacian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
- Crunch

A-

:barraskewda:
Rain is good and barraskewda does a lot of damage
Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Flip Turn
- Aqua Jet / Psychic Fangs

:bisharp:
Bisharp is the only way to punish defog. Fits on almost all hazard stack teams and a lot of ho teams.
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

:crawdaunt:
A staple on rain and also hits really hard outside of it too. A strong knock is always useful.
Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

:excadrill:
Very good spinner with good offenses and rocks. Also the best sand abuser. Competes with tsareena for a spinning role. Excadrill is slightly worse, but still very much usable. Pairing up with tar and magneton is also nice.
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Excadrill @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

:frosmoth:
Qd sets are really threatening to ill-prepared teams, but it’s unable to get too many ohkos on neutral targets. Having to use boots and having no recovery outside of giga drain isn’t too good. That being said, 190 special attack and ice scales with good special bulk is really nice.
Frosmoth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Ice Scales
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain / Hurricane

:gardevoir:
Good choicer with strong stab fairy and psychic attacks and options to beat the steels in mystical fire and focus blast. It also has trick to cripple opposing walls. It has good power and can fix its speed tier with a choice scarf.
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire / Focus Blast
- Trick

:hitmonlee:
Hitmonlee can either use its massive high jump kicks and reckless and choice band to power it up to stupid levels or use an unburden set with white herb and curse. Either way, it has the potential to leave a huge hole in the opponent’s team.
Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Hitmonlee (M) @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Poison Jab / Rock Slide

:kyogre:
Despite the inflated stats, Kyogre’s water spout does a lot do damage . Choice and cm sets are quite good. That is all.
Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Ice Beam

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

:pelipper:
Rain is good and pelipper is rain.
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

B+

:blissey:
Blob is very good in re-evolution. Takes on almost all the special attackers of the tier while keeping momentum with teleport. Nothing to really say but it's blissey
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss / Ice Beam / Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport / Stealth Rock

:dragonite:
Despite a not so good speed tier, Dragonite can hit very hard and boost with Dragon Dance. Dragonite also has a lot of options to fit its team. Multiscale is really nice to help it set up,
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake / Dragon Claw
- Dual Wingbeat / Fire Punch / Iron Head
- Roost / Ice Punch / Extreme Speed

:gallade:
Unfortunately doesn't have the highest of speed stats, but it has nice special bulk and power. Personally think that the best set is lo. Lots of coverage for different targets.
Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off / Shadow Sneak / Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

:groudon:
Very decent as an early attacker/stealth rocker. Sun is helpful for powering up any heat crashes and disabling rain. Counter is funny for catching urshifu and other powerful physical attackers that can't ohko groudon.
Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 144 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Heat Crash / Stone Edge / Counter

:hippowdon:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Hippowdon @ Leftovers / Rocky Helment
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind / Toxic

:hydreigon:
Basically does what Naganadel did, but slower. Scarf sets are quite good and Nasty Plot sets can beat slower teams.
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast / Flash Cannon

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power / Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon / Roost

:piloswine:
Piloswine is really bulky, especially with eviolite. It’s able to function well as a good early rocker and attacker. It packs strong stabs, which allows it to do decent damage to most targets. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have any reliable recovery, which can make it difficult to use later in the game.
Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard / Rest

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

:polteageist:
Shell smash can work on ho teams and offense teams. Polteageist is really powerful and even more so after a boost. Weak to darks and priority.
Polteageist @ White Herb / Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain

:rillaboom:
It got enough to still be a very good choice bander. Priority grassy glide is really strong. Knock hits most grass resists pretty hard.
Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn / Superpower

:salamence:
Dragonite but with moxie and faster for less bulk.
Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake / Fire Fang

:slowbro:
Slowbro does similar things to what it does in ou. Good mu against rain, provides fsight support, and has good bulk and recovery. Stab scald is always nice.
Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Rocky Helment
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport

:tyranitar:
Codename C.A.T swears that CB is broken. Band is pretty good and so is specially defensive. Dragon Dance might be an option. Sand is pretty cool too.
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Aqua Tail / Earthquake

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Roar / Foul Play
- Thunder Wave

:umbreon:
Very good bulk, a ghost resist and future sight immunity, and utility in wish and heal bell. Generally a nice supporting wall.
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell

:urshifu:-R
Regular Urshifu but it fits more on rain and has stab water-type attacks, which are usually worse than stab dark.
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

B

:amoonguss:
Amoonguss did take a hit when toxapex was freed, but it's not bad. Both have regenerator, which is an excellent ability. While the pex is bulkier, among us is far less passive as it has 115 offenses and spore.
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play

:barbaracle:
Barbaracle hits really hard, especially after a shell smash. It has an extremly powerful stab liqudation, as well as grass knot for quagsire, poison jab for clef, stone edge for a 2nd stab, and cross chop for ferrothron. Its able to run through a lot of unprepared teams.
Barbaracle @ White Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Grass Knot / Poison Jab
- Stone Edge / Cross Chop

:espeon:
Powerful psychic type attacker with magic bounce. Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Dazzling Gleam make a pretty decent offensive combo. Zap cannon is a funny option to hit corv.
Espeon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick / Zap Cannon

Espeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Timid Nature
- Morning Sun
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

:haxorus:
One of the better stall killers available. Mold Breaker lets it destroy unaware clef and quag. Can also take on offense teams quite well too.
Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance
- Scale Shot / Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Close Combat / Earthquake
- Poison Jab

:lucario:
Has 2 good boosting options in sd and nasty plot. Powerful stabs and priority are very nice. Fits really well on ho teams.
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast / Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Meteor Mash

:magneton:
Traps steels, namely corv. Can trap ferrothron with the metal sound set, so magnezone is almost obsolete.
Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Magneton @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Metal Sound
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon / Toxic / Thunder Wave

:mantine:
Yet another bird/defogger. More specially defensive than the others. Unfortunately really vulnerable to status and is often forced to roost a lot. Scald is nice. Probably the best rain counter.
Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze / Toxic

:porygon-z:
Choice sets are probably best, as it gives it either immeadiate power or good speed. Nasty plot sets are good for dealing with slower teams. Generally difficult to switch into, as it can trick special walls.
Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam / Dark Pulse
- Trick / Dark Pulse

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

:slowking:
Slowking is very good, as it does similar things to slowbro. Unfortunately, species clause makes it so that you can't use both slowking and glowking on the same team, and glowking is the best mon.
Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport

:toxtricity:
Does a lot of damage with high special attack and punk rock. Specs can be very hard to switch into. It can also use mixed shift gear sets to lure and destroy checks such as glowking and ferrothorn.
Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch / Snarl

Toxtricity @ Throat Spray
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shift Gear
- Boomburst
- Fire Punch
- Throat Chop / Overdrive

B-

:azumarill:
Azumarill fits quite well on ho and other offense teams. It’s semi-bulky, and able to freely set up on urshifu with a little bulk.
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

:blaziken:
A decent choice on ho/offense. Not much to say except it’s blaziken but better and can run adamant.
Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch / Protect / Stone Edge

:chandelure:
Can be difficult to switch into as a wallbreaker. It’s also got a usable speed stat of 120, and it can use choice sets to cripple a wall.
Chandelure @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Energy Ball

Chandelure @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick

:chansey:
Blissey, but more stally. Relies a lot on eviolite and hates hazards. Fits better on stall.
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy / Thunder Wave

:cloyster:
Another option for ho, although directly competes with barbarcle.
Cloyster @ White Herb / Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard / Liquidation

:heliolisk:
Jack-of-all-trades on weather teams. Competes with jolteon and other abusers on rain, and competes with everything on sun.
Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin / Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Thunder / Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Weather Ball / Hyper Voice
- Surf / Grass Knot / Focus Blast

:lycanroc-dusk:
A really strong wallbreaker. Very good speed tier and ability. Has close combat for ferro and psyfangs for pex. Sd is a good option. Accelrock is always nice.
Lycanroc-Dusk @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Stone Edge

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs

:necrozma-dusk-mane:
Ndm is pretty good at being a defensive mon. It’s bulk is still decent, and it has prism armor to make it even bulkier. Other utility such as twave and rocks are nice.
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight
- Iron Head / Sunsteel Strike
- Thunder Wave

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake / Knock Off

:sylveon:
Sylveon is a good mon, but it faces direct competition from clefable. Cleric sets are often done better by clef, with sylveon’s main advantage coming from a more power fairy attack. Cm is nice, but cm clefable when.
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect / Mystical Fire
- Heal Bell / Calm Mind

:vaporeon:
Hey guys, did you know that in terms of needing a bulky water type with wish and heal bell, vaporeon is most suitable pick for your team? Unfortunately it is a little passive.
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell / Haze / Flip Turn
:xerneas:
Does geomancy things. Has to choose 2 of Thunder for corv, Focus Blast for ferro, Psyshock for glowking, and sub
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder / Focus Blast
- Substitute / Psyshock
C+
At this point I won’t put any sets and make the explanations quite short. I’m also less sure of placements from here and below.

:cinderace:
Libero makes it really strong, and court change is good

:darmanitan:
Funny stab 120 sheer force boosted attack go brrrr, especially in sun.

:diggersby:
Huge power + spikes and u turn go brrrr.

:escavalier:
Bulky, strong, and one weakness. Good on tr.

:incineroar:
A decent defensive-offensive pivot.

:jellicent:
Good bulk and defensive typing. Unfortunately exists in the urshifu meta.

:rhydon:
An alternative to Groudon/Piloswine, and can also try double dance.

:scrafty:
Spd bulk up rest shed skin is really funny. Unfortunately sometimes doesn’t hit hard enough at +6 and weak to any fairy type.

:steelix:
Huge bulk and not particularly passive. Can do things like it does in ru.

:togekiss:
Nice offense/defense blend. Np and defensive sets. Air slash flinch is funny.

:weezing-galar:
Best urshifu check

:yveltal:
Offensive sets are still quite threatening

:zekrom:
Also an option for killing stall. Stab bolt strike goes hard

C

:aegislash:
Subtoxic is best set, as blade form keeps the same stats. Great bulk and can annoy teams.

:alcremie:
Cm is similar to sylveon, and but alcremie has one turn recovery.

:araquanid:
Webs + insanely strong liquidation

:avalugg:
Walls a ton of physical attackers and has rapid spin.

:calyrex-ice:
Trick room user and abuser, and can also fit on non-hard tr teams.

:centiscorch:
Coil + good coverage and decent bulk. Unfortunately urshifu

:copperajah:
Sheer force 180 attack is nice. Has rocks. Good on tr

:ditto:
Ditto

:doublade:
Bulky with sd and usable coverage. Unfortunately, urshifu

:hatterene:
Tr staple and can use cm sets

:hitmonchan:
Hitmonlee but hits less hard and spins

:jolteon:
Decent electric type. Usable on rain

:mamoswine:
Piloswine but all out offensive

:metagross:
You should try agility wp. Unfortunately, urshifu.

:Mewtwo:
“More coverage than shadow rider and faster than Gardevoir” -KaenSoul. Also has psystrike and np.

:rayquaza:
Another dder. V-create

:roserade:
It’s decent at spiking

:vikavolt:
Web setter and tr abuser

:zoroark:
Actually decent spa now, otherwise needs careful use.

:zygarde:
Demon set can be funny

C-

:bronzong:
Zonger has good defenses, typing, and abilities. Unfortunately, urshifu

:butterfree:
Mono-attacking can be slightly funny if you don’t have any preparation. 150 spa hurricanes can hit hardish.

:charizard:
Sun abuser

:conkeldurr:
Tr abuser

:drednaw:
Niche rain abuser

:dusclops:
Super bulky, but also super passive and relies a lot on eviolite. Unfortunately, urshifu

:exeggutor:
Sun abuser w/ chlorophyll

:flygon:
A different dragon to use. Dd and scarf are nice

:galvantula:
Webs

:giratina:
Niche stall mon

:grimmsnarl:
Secondray screen setter option for ho teams w/ taunt

:hitmontop:
Hitmonchan but even bulkier

:lurantis:
Tr abuser and potential bulky attacker

:marowak-alola:
Tr abuser

:necrozma-dawn-wings:
Tr setter and abuser

:ninetales:
Sun setter

:omastar:
Niche rain abuser

:orbeetle:
Web setter

:porygon2:
Tr setter

:rimbombee:
Webs setter

:seismetoad:
Niche rain abuser

:tangrowth:
Normal Tangrowth but better

:starmie:
Niche rain abuser and spinner

:toxicroak:
Niche rain abuser

:weavile:
Basically normal weavile but a bit better

D
This is just really niche, not blacklisted

:Beartic:
Hail abuser

:Claydol:
Spinner and tr setter

:dracovish:
The funny fishous rend go brrrr

:eternatus:
Not a terrible mon on offensive and defensive sides

:gastrodon:
Not a bad tank, and it destroys rain

:golbat:
Niche defogger

:golurk:
Niche tr abuser

:greedent:
Sd and belly drum + bulky = funny

:leafeon:
Niche Sun abuser

:linoone:
Belly drum + espeed funny

:kingler:
Niche webs abuser

:marshadow:
Spectral thief

:obstagoon:
Decent wallbreaker and can trick away flame orb

:reuniclus:
Niche acid armor + cm set

:sandslash-alola:
See beartic, but less immediate power for more defenses

:shedinja:
Shed does shed things but better attack

:tyrantrum:

Anyways, I’ll be back in August where Re-evolution will be om of the month :blobglare:

Good luck to everyone in the tour!

P.S. reevo is Ubers based not ag based

Gimmicky

After a few test battles I've come to the incredibly shocking, unknown realization that Barraskewda is really strong

BASE: 60/123/60/50/50/136 = 490
REEVO: 81/183/80/80/70/206 = 700
TOTAL BST GAINED: 210

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Flip Turn
- Close Combat
- Ice Fang / Drill Run / Crunch / Psychic Fangs

You can definitely run sets without Band, but it's far and away my favorite set.

An absolute monster in rain, and quite strong outside of it, and just enough bulk to live some of the weaker hits and most of the priority. Easy A+ tier imo

Just so this isn't too short, I'm liking Groudon a lot too. Groudon alone is what keeps sun barely viable and even aside from that it's a strong, bulky grounf.

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
:ss/kubfu: :ss/urshifu: :ss/kubfu:
Urshifu-Single-Strike has been quick banned from Re-Evolution. Thanks to two powerful stab moves in Wicked Blow and Close Combat coming from 170 Atk it was impossible for most non-fairy Pokémon to switch into Urshifu, and with Future Sigh support from Slowking-Galar or Slowbro it can easily overwhelm its few checks like Clefable, Weezing-Galar and Hippowdon, this combination is only countered by Mandibuzz who fails to actually hurt Urshifu back without Brave Bird giving itself cheap damage and risking dying to Close Combat later. Urshifu is also quite bulky with 140/140/70 defenses, making it a bit hard to revenge kill despite its average 122 speed tier.
It was also seen as broken by most players that have answered the survey posted on the tournament thread:
urshi poll.png

rarre

is a Tiering Contributor
I’m an hour late this time, but I’m still posting this (again).

Winners and losers of urshifu ban

Winners:

:urshifu: R
Species clause was a thing, and since urshifu-s was so good, urshifu-r usage was limited. Now, there’s more reason to use urshifu-r on teams that aren’t rain, as it’s can do quite a bit of what urshifu-s did, but a bit less good.

:hitmonlee::gallade:
Fighting types in general appreciate urshifu-s leaving and having less competition.

No longer gets punished by urshifu-s for spamming future sight

:metagross::ferrothorn::dusclops::bronzong:
A lot of mons that were weak to urshifu are now better, especially defensive ones.

:calyrex-shadow::polteageist:
Mons that had to play a 50-50 guess with sucker punch now don’t have to

Losers:

:hippowdon:
Being able to easily take on urshifu is no longer needed, and it’s weak to urshifu-r

:weezing-galar:
It’s only niche was being the best urshifu check, and now it’s gone

There are definitely more winners/losers, but I’m going to keep this short because I have terrible wifi atm.

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
Reposting from the bug thread as this is important for anyone using aegislash or trying to make a custom match with the re-evolution mod

"Not sure if this counts as a bug as the tier isn't properly implemented, but the re-evolution mod isn't working on battle forme changes, this is mostly relevant with Aegislash, but also affects Darmanitan-Zen and mega evolutions.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1627916750
The "intended" implementation would be something similar to mix and mega where the current base form receive the corresponding stats changes of the new form, so re-evolution mod Aegislash should get +90Atk, +90SpA,-90Def,-90SpD from changing forme instead of just becoming the same as its in standard play."

Made a team with a bunch of top raises just to get a feel for the meta:
:Meltan: to :Melmetal: -> 300 to 600 (300)
:Wimpod: to :Golisopod: -> 230 to 530 (300)
:Snom: to :Frosmoth: -> 185 to 475 (290)
:Tyrogue: to :Hitmontop: -> 210 to 455 (245)
:Kirlia: to :Gardevoir: -> 278 to 518 (240)
I wanted to use :Chansey: for sr, but unfortunately hp does not boost past 255 base. So I used :Blissey: as it gets a considerable def boost instead. Maybe I will switch it for another sr eventually.
https://pokepast.es/295088384337d7c3
Edit: Seems like Melmetal does not work?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)