Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Well, yeah, as we know right now there's three ways this can go:

P-Wooper evolves into P-Quagsire and that's it.
P-Wooper evolves into P-Quagsire which goes on to evolve again.
P-Wooper evolves into a new evolution which replaces Quagsire.
Oh yeah, a Poison/Ground Unaware user with Eviolite and Toxic immunity. Imagine the stalling possibilities.

Last edited:
Wasn’t Smoochum pretty good for USM playthroughs?
Late reply, but it is at D-tier in the current in-game tier list thread for US/UM, so it seems to be pretty bad (I haven't used it myself so I can't speak for how it performs).

There was another thing related to ScaVio which I wanted to post but had forgotten about, might as well do it now before the thread gets locked and before I go on a hiatus from the forums. I wonder if Oricorio will return in these games. It was dexited in Gen 8, so maybe it will be here instead. I would personally like to see it return since it is one of my favorite Pokémon from Gen 7. But there's one more thing. Before the reveal of Gen 8, I remember seeing some speculation that the region for Gen 8 would be based on Spain. The reason for this being Oricorio's forms, the dances they are inspired by, and how those relate to the Pokémon regions.

:oricorio-pom-pom: Pom-Pom style is based on cheerleading, which has its origins in the US (Unova)
:oricorio-pau: Pa'u style is based on hula, which originates from Hawaii (Alola)
:oricorio: Baile style is based on flamenco, which has its origins in Spain (no region at that time, but now we have Paldea)
:Oricorio-sensu: Sensu style is based on Japanese dancing, which is obviously from Japan (Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh)

Now, this theory was never perfect since Kalos does not fit in anywhere. And it turned out to be wrong for Gen 8 as we got Galar, which is based on the UK instead of Spain. But looking back now, it was sort of correct in a way since we now have Paldea for Gen 9, which is is based on Spain (and Portugal). Not sure if this is of any interest, but I thought I should mention it at least.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Late reply, but it is at D-tier in the current in-game tier list thread for US/UM, so it seems to be pretty bad (I haven't used it myself so I can't speak for how it performs).

There was another thing related to ScaVio which I wanted to post but had forgotten about, might as well do it now before the thread gets locked and before I go on a hiatus from the forums. I wonder if Oricorio will return in these games. It was dexited in Gen 8, so maybe it will be here instead. I would personally like to see it return since it is one of my favorite Pokémon from Gen 7. But there's one more thing. Before the reveal of Gen 8, I remember seeing some speculation that the region for Gen 8 would be based on Spain. The reason for this being Oricorio's forms, the dances they are inspired by, and how those relate to the Pokémon regions.

:oricorio-pom-pom: Pom-Pom style is based on cheerleading, which has its origins in the US (Unova)
:oricorio-pau: Pa'u style is based on hula, which originates from Hawaii (Alola)
:oricorio: Baile style is based on flamenco, which has its origins in Spain (no region at that time, but now we have Paldea)
:Oricorio-sensu: Sensu style is based on Japanese dancing, which is obviously from Japan (Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh)

Now, this theory was never perfect since Kalos does not fit in anywhere. And it turned out to be wrong for Gen 8 as we got Galar, which is based on the UK instead of Spain. But looking back now, it was sort of correct in a way since we now have Paldea for Gen 9, which is is based on Spain (and Portugal). Not sure if this is of any interest, but I thought I should mention it at least.
I think if people always say "X was foreshadowing this other stuff all along", they're eventually going to run into a coincidence. In other words idt this is supposed to be a hint to a new region, it just so happened to be a dance based on spanish culture and with the way Pokémon goes we would eventually have a Spain region one way or the other so idt its anything more than a coincidence.

You do bring up an interesting point about Oricorio though. I think that if it is in this game, it'd be cool if you could only find Baile in the wild and have the nectars sold at stores, so in a way Baile is the only one "native" to this region (And future regions keep that up with the other forms). So in another way it'd also make Alola the only region to have all Oricorio forms and solidify it as an alolan mon

Reminded by the mention of Oricorio, (which definitely seems like an obvious choice to bring in for this region, especially with type changing being a prime mechanic), I thought I'd look at what mons are still missing from Gen VIII.
Snivy/Servine/Serperior
Tepig/Pignite/Emboar
Patrat/Watchog
Pansage/Simisage
Pansear/Simisear
Panpout/Simipour
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny
Ducklett/Swanna
Deerling/Sawsbuck
Alomomola
Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross
Meloetta

Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught
Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox
Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja
Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon
Litleo/Pyroar
Flabébé/Floette/Florges
Skiddo/Gogoat
Furfrou
Hoopa

Pikipek/Trumbeak/Toucannon
Yungoos/Gumshoos
Crabrawler/Crabominable
Oricorio
Minior
Komala
Bruxish
So, my guesses:
5 starter lines. Unlikely to show up during the game, but probable for a post-game or bonus of some sort since people love starters.
Gogoat: Probably excluded before because ride pokemon weren't a thing. Now that that's coming back, I expect Gogoat to show up as what NPCs do while you ride a motorcycle.
The Elemental Monkeys. A good chance these show up to demo Tera in-game, since they're so basic. Definitely expect them, because GF loves these dumb things.
Zebstrika/Leavanny/Swanna/Alomomola/Eelektross/Toucannon/Gumshoos/Crabominable/Bruxish: GF probably forgot these existed. If they are trying to fill out the gaps in the dex, I'd expect every one of these to be in the game, but maybe they don't care about that, in which case it'll be a decade before someone remembers to add "that weird fish with the lips" to Gen 14.
Hoopa/Florges/Pyroar: Have form differences that are easy to implement. I expect them to show up where appropriate.
Meloetta/Vivillion/Furfrou/Minior/Sawsbuck/Oricorio: All of these have a form-changing mechanic that may be too much of a pain to implement. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is in this game, I would be surprised if all of them are. (Sawsbuck is confirmed, for example)
Komala: Likely excluded before now due to weird interactions with the signature ability. Put this with Furfrou in the "could have in game, could be too much work" column.

P-Wooper evolves into P-Quagsire and that's it.
P-Wooper evolves into P-Quagsire which goes on to evolve again.
P-Wooper evolves into a new evolution which replaces Quagsire.
If Pooper and its evo / evos lose Unaware + Recover they will most likely be useless. But assuming they keep both and assuming regional forms continue the trend of having very similar stat spreads to their original forms...

1) Poison / Ground Quagsire could be nifty as the only Poison immune Unaware Pokemon. However regular Quagsire gets pretty low stats and mostly get by due to a unique ability, Recover, and one rare weakness. Pooper / Puagsire would be weak to Water / Ice / Ground / Psychic which really limits what it would be good at walling. Other than Scarf Kartana (LO 2HKOs) I'm not really sure what Puagsire would beat in OU that Quagsire doesn't. Perhaps it switches in on Tapu Koko better than pretty much anything else. It also beats Clefable 1v1. But otherwise the weakness to EQ, Ice Beam, Psychic / Future Sight, and Scald would probably kill any serious OU viability it would have over regular Quag.

2A) Well we get Eviolite Puagsire. If it keeps the stats of Quagsire it would have the functional base stats of 95 / 152 / 106 (with 252 hp / 252 def evs). This gives it issues with Knock Off and Trick however it would have the raw stats to handle some things like Scarf Blacephalon, DD Pult, DD Dragonite, non-Psychic Volcarona, and Victini. However the Knock Off weakness really limits how many things it can wall from the physical side. If Puagsire gets a sp def buff (at the cost of phys def) it could use a sp def spread to switch in on electrics without the feat of random grass knots. But it doesn't sound like Eviolite Puagsire will have much of a niche.

2B) Really hard to speculate here. A lot of "mid" stat Pokemon that got evos like Piloswine, Golbat, Magneton, Onix, Lickitung, Rhydon, and Tangela had pretty consistent omni-boosts of 10 per stat with 20-30 extra in a specific primary stat. Could that mean Puagsire will get a base stat spread of 125 / 95 / 95 / 75 / 75 / 45? Because that's more physically bulky than Skarmory and more specially bulky than Clefable. Fat, immune to Toxic, Unaware, and Recover. It could be really good.

3) This is the hardest to speculate. Split evos usually keep the BST as their alternative which pretty much would make Puagsire trash. Type-wise it's worse than regular Quagsire. It would take a radical base stat shift to give this much of a niche. Maybe it could go the A-Exeggutor route and drop some speed for more bulk, or we get the nightmare scenario where it trades bulk for more speed and attack.

tl;dr the best we can hope for is option 2 as that gives Puagsire a few legitimate niches, while option 1 and 3 have a high chance of Puagsire in whatever form it takes being useless. This also assumes Puagsire keeps Unaware + Recover. It could get a new hidden ability like G-Slowbro that gives it a whole new niche entirely.

Who knows!

Reminded by the mention of Oricorio, (which definitely seems like an obvious choice to bring in for this region, especially with type changing being a prime mechanic), I thought I'd look at what mons are still missing from Gen VIII.
Snivy/Servine/Serperior
Tepig/Pignite/Emboar
Patrat/Watchog
Pansage/Simisage
Pansear/Simisear
Panpout/Simipour
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Ducklett/Swanna
Deerling/Sawsbuck
Alomomola
Meloetta

Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox
Litleo/Pyroar
Flabébé/Floette/Florges
Skiddo/Gogoat
Furfrou
Hoopa

Yungoos/Gumshoos
Crabrawler/Crabominable
Oricorio
Minior
Komala
Bruxish
Alolan Ratatta, Raticate, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Grimer and Muk, on top of Unovan Samurott are all also currently stuck in Home if they came from bank(Let's Go can only hold the missing Alolan forms obtained within the Let's Go games themselves or sent to from Go to the Go park, but not ones sent directly from Go to Home)

Last edited:
Snivy/Servine/Serperior
Tepig/Pignite/Emboar
Patrat/Watchog
Pansage/Simisage
Pansear/Simisear
Panpout/Simipour
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Ducklett/Swanna
Deerling/Sawsbuck
Alomomola
Meloetta

Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox
Litleo/Pyroar
Flabébé/Floette/Florges
Skiddo/Gogoat
Furfrou
Hoopa

Yungoos/Gumshoos
Crabrawler/Crabominable
Oricorio
Minior
Komala
Bruxish
So, my guesses:
5 starter lines. Unlikely to show up during the game, but probable for a post-game or bonus of some sort since people love starters.
Gogoat: Probably excluded before because ride pokemon weren't a thing. Now that that's coming back, I expect Gogoat to show up as what NPCs do while you ride a motorcycle.
The Elemental Monkeys. A good chance these show up to demo Tera in-game, since they're so basic. Definitely expect them, because GF loves these dumb things.
Zebstrika/Leavanny/Swanna/Alomomola/Eelektross/Toucannon/Gumshoos/Crabominable/Bruxish: GF probably forgot these existed. If they are trying to fill out the gaps in the dex, I'd expect every one of these to be in the game, but maybe they don't care about that, in which case it'll be a decade before someone remembers to add "that weird fish with the lips" to Gen 14.
Hoopa/Florges/Pyroar: Have form differences that are easy to implement. I expect them to show up where appropriate.
Meloetta/Vivillion/Furfrou/Minior/Sawsbuck/Oricorio: All of these have a form-changing mechanic that may be too much of a pain to implement. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is in this game, I would be surprised if all of them are. (Sawsbuck is confirmed, for example)
Komala: Likely excluded before now due to weird interactions with the signature ability. Put this with Furfrou in the "could have in game, could be too much work" column.
Skiddo and Gogoat have already been confirmed. Which could prove interesting if the Galar starters are in similar to how the Alola starters were in SwSh from essentially the onset.

Eelektross is also coming back.

I also just noticed that one of the trainers in the newest trailer (the guy who I'm assuming is a PokeManiac by all the Pokemon on his vest) has the PokeStar Studios logo on his shirt. Not saying Unova confirmed, but... if it is, it'd better be a new Legends game or Black/White 3. I will not stand for my favorite generation getting the BDSP treatment.

I think if people always say "X was foreshadowing this other stuff all along", they're eventually going to run into a coincidence. In other words idt this is supposed to be a hint to a new region, it just so happened to be a dance based on spanish culture and with the way Pokémon goes we would eventually have a Spain region one way or the other so idt its anything more than a coincidence.

You do bring up an interesting point about Oricorio though. I think that if it is in this game, it'd be cool if you could only find Baile in the wild and have the nectars sold at stores, so in a way Baile is the only one "native" to this region (And future regions keep that up with the other forms). So in another way it'd also make Alola the only region to have all Oricorio forms and solidify it as an alolan mon
You know, stuff like that would be pretty interesting to do for a mini data science project, with measuring how likely a pattern or hint is to being realized. Namely with the Chinese Zodiac Theory, but in this case, I would see it being coincidential. Like Mr. Mime somehow hinted to Kalos or Arcanine hinted at Zacian/Zamazenta (but not that extreme).

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Eelektross is also coming back.

I also just noticed that one of the trainers in the newest trailer (the guy who I'm assuming is a PokeManiac by all the Pokemon on his vest) has the PokeStar Studios logo on his shirt. Not saying Unova confirmed, but... if it is, it'd better be a new Legends game or Black/White 3. I will not stand for my favorite generation getting the BDSP treatment.
I mean I personally think its nice to let in-universe references exist just to be references, without necessarily hinting at anything. I feel people in this fandom too often fall into obsessing over trying to find out if X thing is supposed to foreshadow or hint Y thing instead of just being a cute nod or random unrelated design choice.

Although speaking of Pokéstar Studios, there is one movie that's specifically about Time Travel that would be pretty funny for them to reference

1660423037421.png

Bring us the reality where the world is dominated by a dictator ledian. Make it come true GameFreak

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Oh yeah, a Poison/Ground Unaware user with Eviolite and Toxic immunity. Imagine the stalling possibilities.
I don't think Paldea Wooper is gonna be that OP in Little Cup. :woo:

Don’t get too ahead of yourself. I once thought Obstagoon was going to tear through OU with its signature Belly Drum+Extreme Speed combo with Sucker Punch and Guts.
Well that's a bit different, you were expecting a totally new Pokemon to be good which, even if the stats/moves/Abilities look good, is always a coin flip (or maybe two coin flips, actually it's more like a d20 roll with a 15 to even get considered for OU (though a solid placement in UU)).

Anyway, we already know Quagsire stats and its a bulky boy. 95 (base) HP, 85 Defense, and 65 Special Defense is nothing to sneeze at if its an unevolved Pokemon holding an Eviolite (and if GF was smart they would take 10 away from Special Attack and add it to Special Defense making it 75). 85 Attack is I guess alright for it to consider Earthquake and maybe whatever Poison move they give it (probably at least get Poison Jab), but dishing out Toxic is gonna be its main offense. And I doubt it'll be losing access to Recover or at least Rest. :quagchamppogsire:

Not so sure how I feel about that. It takes away one of Oricorio's gimmick. Now, I would agree that the only Oricorio in the wild should be Baile, but as for the other nectars, certainly make the non-Red ones rare but I think they should be obtainable. Like have all nectar producing flowers have red as 85% chance, and Purple/Pink/Yellow all be 5% each.

Hm, GF has offered up a second Starter before. And while we won't be visiting Kalos, still Spain borders France and with all the Kalos Starters needing an appearance since Dexit, well I don't see why they can't be added in (like maybe before we're set off on the Treasure Hunt we're offered one as a reward for having helped out the school in a story event or something). As for Snivy & Tepig, maybe make them an unlock bonus, show someone a Hisuian Samurott and they'll give you a Snivy & Tepig.

Just make sure to have an El Cid inspired Pokemon, GameFreak.

It would make my "knight."
"De los sos ojos tan fuerte mientre lorando
tornava la cabeça e estava los catando.
Vio puertas abiertas e uços sin cañados,
alcándaras vazías sin pielles e sin mantos
e sin falcones e sin adtores mudados.
Sospiro mio Çid ca mucho avié grandes cuidados,
fabló mio Çid bien e tan mesurado:
"¡Grado a ti, Señor, Padre que estas en alto!
¡Esto me an buelto mios enemigos malos!"

One of my favorite pieces of spanish literature right there and the fact that after all those years we still preserve the original manuscript is crazy. Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar, el Mio Cid. There's a more... personal view on the character through a novel written my spanish writer Arturo Pérez-Reverte called SIDI, a more raw vision and interpretation on what a man like Rodrigo would've truly been and I encourage everyone to read it, it's great.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Just make sure to have an El Cid inspired Pokemon, GameFreak.

It would make my "knight."
What would an El Cid Pokemon be? I looked up who he was and he definitely sounds like someone who would have been a fun basis for a human character like the Champion (one of his nicknames was Spanish for champion, "El Campeador"). But I'm not so sure about a Pokemon, or how they would distinguish the Pokemon design from other Spanish Knights (with also a possibility of people mixing them up with the more well known Conquistadors). I suppose they would maybe do something with his horse Babieca/Bavieca, but we just had two Legendary horse Pokemon which became a steed for a noble/royal character.

What would an El Cid Pokemon be? I looked up who he was and he definitely sounds like someone who would have been a fun basis for a human character like the Champion (one of his nicknames was Spanish for champion, "El Campeador"). But I'm not so sure about a Pokemon, or how they would distinguish the Pokemon design from other Spanish Knights (with also a possibility of people mixing them up with the more well known Conquistadors). I suppose they would maybe do something with his horse Babieca/Bavieca, but we just had two Legendary horse Pokemon which became a steed for a noble/royal character.
El Cid wasn't exactly a knight. Although in the original literature he was the embodiment of all the virtues used to depic clasical heroes, his lifestyle was akin to that of a mercenary. Even tho Rodrigo was a castilian military, through his life he worked for both, christians and muslims alike. Someone with principles, but ultimately moved by an economic interest instead of purely ideals who serves whoever pays the price.

In fact, his pseudonym, "Cid", is a desambiguation of the arabic word "sid", meaning "señor" (Sir), who were helped by him and his crew when Rodrigo decided to help muslim al-Muqtadir in a battle between him and his brother al-Mundir, who was helped by the Counts of Barcelona.

When, by chance, almoravid troops invaded the Iberian Peninsula through el Estrecho de Gilbraltar, (south spain) King Alfonso VI de León asked Rodrigo for help to defend themselves against the enemy troops, but for unkown reasons they never engage in battle. Alfonso VI thought of this as treason and Rodrigo was declared Traitor, which, amongst other consequences, meant the inmediate exile from the lands. Rodrigo kept working in Levante until he himself commanded over the area, to the point that Al-Qadir, who until that point had paid taxes to king Alfonso VI, began to pay Rodrigo instead.

PS: spanish word for "champion" is "campeón", and that's the only word we use for champion. Campeador derived from campo, because battles took place in the battleground, and battleground means "campo de batalla". The meaning of Campeador was "he who excels in the battleground".

Apart from his horse, Babieca, equally legendary is his sword, Tizona, which has been represented in a plethora of games, including one of the most popular games of all time, Terraria. If they were to do something about his legend, they could also use this weapon instead of the horses. Another important thing, the most important thing in the legend, in fact, is that it is said that Rodrigo won a battle even after death. His figure was so feared by the time he died, that his crew took his corpse, cleansed it, clothed it and "holding Tizona in hand, with open eyes and clean beards, they put him on the back of his horse, Babieca, causing enormous terror to the almoravids and expelling them into the sea, causing some of them to drown". King Alfonso X el Sabio, aware of this myth and how prevalent it was, included it in own of his own books, Historia de España, not as myth but as an historical fact. When you ask someone in Spain what do they know about the Cid, even to people who has never read anything related to it, if they know something, it's 99% sure that will be "he was the man who defeated moors after death".

So, my personal view of him is not that of a clasical knight, but more akin to that of a mercenary with a aura of terror. Types like ghost or dark aren't out of the question.

More knightly Pokemon, the better.

Tirant lo Blanch and Amadís de Gaula work as well.

Just something reflecting Spain's proud military heritage. Heck, even a tercio inspired creature would be amazing.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Something to ponder upon is that Worlds is right around the corner and Pokémon usually reveals something at that event (Mega slowbro; Crabrawler for some reason; Kommonium-Z; Eject Pac + Room Service + Mirror Armour + Neutralizing Gas + New Dynamax Info), so we can more or less expect SV info very soon

Speaking as one of the leaders of the Pet Mods subforum, I am very excited to see what kinds of signature abilities and moves we might gain this gen.For the most part, both in gens 7 and 8, new Pokémon always had their own exclusive ability or move, so it is safe to assume Gen 9 might follow suit and give most of its dex signature moves as well.

And on a similar note, would be very interesting to see if any previous signature moves get distributed as well. Particularly think Cetitan would be sick with Mountain Gale as its main physical STAB

Mesagoza? Do they really?

Interested to see what will be revealed. Ik last gen the worlds reveals were more competitive based (room service etc), but we also got crabrawler there, so who knows. Hope for new items though

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Apart from his horse, Babieca, equally legendary is his sword, Tizona, which has been represented in a plethora of games, including one of the most popular games of all time, Terraria. If they were to do something about his legend, they could also use this weapon instead of the horses. Another important thing, the most important thing in the legend, in fact, is that it is said that Rodrigo won a battle even after death. His figure was so feared by the time he died, that his crew took his corpse, cleansed it, clothed it and "holding Tizona in hand, with open eyes and clean beards, they put him on the back of his horse, Babieca, causing enormous terror to the almoravids and expelling them into the sea, causing some of them to drown". King Alfonso X el Sabio, aware of this myth and how prevalent it was, included it in own of his own books, Historia de España, not as myth but as an historical fact. When you ask someone in Spain what do they know about the Cid, even to people who has never read anything related to it, if they know something, it's 99% sure that will be "he was the man who defeated moors after death".
Now that could maybe be made into a Pokemon. A Ghost/Steel, a fully armored centaur being (mostly armor, with what little of the creature itself being skeletal-like) with blades for hands (fists will always be tightly clenched so not know whether the sword is a part of it or not), and have his beard be creating a ghostly aura around it. Intimidate would be the obvious Ability, maybe also Pressure & Unnerve. Not sure how you would stat it; low Speed for sure, maybe also HP cause already dead, high offenses and decent defenses? Would go on but I think I already jumped over into speculation.

Speaking as one of the leaders of the Pet Mods subforum, I am very excited to see what kinds of signature abilities and moves we might gain this gen.For the most part, both in gens 7 and 8, new Pokémon always had their own exclusive ability or move, so it is safe to assume Gen 9 might follow suit and give most of its dex signature moves as well.
Hmm, well let's see what's on offer:

Chloroblast: A potential alternative to Solar Beam. Pokemon who get it would be Grass-types with strong association with the sun: Bulbasuar family, Bellossom, Sunflora, Cherrim, & Lilligant (not sure about Whimsicott); maybe also Shaymin even though it's not exactly sun related though still is known to release massive amount of energy.
Shadow Bone: I get them not wanting to spread about Bonemerang, but Shadow Bone I could see being given to at least one more family: the Duskull family. It would appreciate it.
Strange Steam: For now would like to stick with STAB with these, which makes this a bit harder as not a lot of "steam" Fairy-types. Alolan Ninetales, Marill family(?), Primarine(?), Morelull (spores is kind of like steam), Magearna, Hatterene (it's a witch so could probably create smoke). May have to extend the definition of steam or just have some Fairy seemingly able to make steam just for this move, like I can also see the Spritzee family, Swirlix family, and Milcery family for some reason. Maybe also Togetic/Togekiss.
Freezing Glare: So it would be a Psychic I can see shooting a laser from their eyes, BUT because its a Signature of a Legendary I don't want to make it that wide of a spread. I'm going to add the additional condition of the Pokemon being considered very smart. So with that I see the Elgyem family, Natu family, Metagross, Malamar, and Orbeetle.
Thunderous Kick: If it's a kick you gotta include Hitmonlee. I'd maybe also consider Blaziken, Urshifu, and Pheromosa. I'd also maybe push for Lopunny but it can no longer become a Fighting-type so...
Fiery Wrath: Houndour family and Incineroar pretty much unless they want to expand on the idea on what Pokemon can make a fire-like aura (like Hydreigon cause dragon).
Infernal Parade: Litwik family, once again that Fire-type aspect is pretty strong.
Eerie Spell: Hm, it feels like its been a while since we got a magic-based Psychic Move, though this one has a tinge of sinister to it. I can see the Gothita family, Hatenna family, Natu family, Hoopa, Tapu Lele, and Delphox.
Take Heart: I get its a move that's supposed to make up for Phione's low stats, but its flavor also makes me think some of the other Mythicals like Victini and Meloetta could get it.
Ceaseless Edge: Now the description specifically mentions it's a shell blade so that kind of really limits it when it comes to Dark-types. Like Crawdaunt and Drapion can probably get it at least.
Victory Dance: So this would be a Fighting-type which would likely dance to bring on a victory. Hitmontop is based on capoeira, Makuhita family are sumo which have a lot of ritual parts and from what I looked up there are some dances to it, Mienfoo family are whip fighters which have choreography, if meditation count that includes Meditite family, Hawlucha is a wrestler so you know it dances to show off, Meloetta, and Hakamo-o/Kommo-o.
Bitter Malice: Hmm, looking for the additional hook as a lot of Ghost-types are "bitter". Maybe ones which were once "alive"? That would be Galarian Corsula family, Yamask family, and Froslass. Sandygast family is made from the grudge of those who died on the sand its made from.
Snap Trap: Such a weird move, or at least decisions made with it. Grass-type bear trap, well Carnivine obviously... and seemingly only. At least for Grass-types (which Galarian Stunfisk isn't).
Esper Wing: Though there's a few Psychic-types with wings, Lugia and Lunala are the only ones I feel comfortable giving Esper Wing.
Shelter: So you'd think its description would be about it retreating into its shell, but instead it says the user makes its skin as hard as an iron shield. So it's just a fancier Iron Defense? Well no shortage of defensive Steel-types. But for the sake of flavor, we'll just assume the user needs to have something which they can take "shelter/barricade" in. Forretress and Stakataka are the only other Steel-types that can retreat into a shell or something similar.
Mountain Gale: Bit of a misnomer being its the user hurling giant boulders of ice. Big strong (Physical) Ice-types so Galarian Darmanitan, Beartic, normal Avalugg, Glastrier, Mamowsine, Abomasnow, and Kyurem.
Sparkling Aria: There's a few singing Water-types that can get it, most notable is Lapras & Politoed.
Ice Hammer: Pretty much take my list for Mountain Gale and apply it here.
Accelrock: Not a lot of fast Rock-types or Rock-types you can see doing a burst of speed, but I think the Cranidos family wouldn't be that much of a stretch.
Floral Healing: Its a Heal Pulse alternative for flowery Pokemon. While normally I try sticking to Type, I don't feel I would be wrong in also giving it to some Grass-types: Flabebe family, Bellossom, Cherrim, Lilligant, & Roselia family.
Instruct: A quirky move, though I could see it being given to other Psychic-types who seem like they would be the ones to give commands: Kadabra/Alakazam, Drowzee family, Mr. Mime, Mewtwo, Xatu, Slowking, Gardevoir/Gallade, Gothitelle, Elgyem family, Malamar, Tapu Lele, Orbeetle, Hatterene, Indeedee, & Calyrex.
Shore Up: Now obviously any bulky Ground-types would enjoy this, but this specifically has to do with sand. So Sandshrew family, Trapinch family, Hippopotus family, Sandile family, & Silicobra family are a definite.
Purify: Another odd move I'm not sure why its the Type that it is (both for what it does and for what Pokemon its the Signature Move for). There's not a lot of Poison-types I would give this to, but there's a few other Pokemon I would so going to break my rule once again. My main two examples are Legendaries: Suicune and Shaymin. I think just in general Water and Grass would probably be the two Types that this would get spread to (possibly some Fairy-types too like Galarian Ponyta family), I mean Pyukumuku is a pure Water-type. I can also see it spread to the "nurse" Pokemon (Chansey family, Audino, Alomomola, Comfey, Indeedee, etc.).
Legendary/Mythical Signature Moves: FYI I'm using Bulbapedia's list of Signature Moves and at this moment I just skipped essentially all of Gen VII's Legendaries/Mythicals Signature Moves. I'm a bit iffy about spreading those Moves around, even to just one or two com mon Pokemon (heck, even to other Legendaries). Not that I'm exactly opposed to it, but if it were to be done I think it should have some significance, strong reasoning, or even a special method.
Court Change: Such a weird move and weird decision to make it a second Signature Move of Cinderace while the other Starters only get one. I get WHY it gets it and the effect is interesting and have a niche, but its the reference itself which bothers me a bit because it makes it so limiting if they restrict it to Pokemon who are based on sports. Like, what other Pokemon would thematically get it? Passimian, maybe some of the martial arts Pokemon? I think this is a move its definition is gonna need to be expanded to include some other theme as its too restrictive as of now. Maybe Ground-types which have some control of the land? Pokemon with space warping powers? Tricksters, like I could see this being something Dark- and Fairy-types would do?
Stuffed Cheeks: Many rodents have this trait. Rattata family, Patrat family, Dedenne, Morpeko, possibly some of the other Pikaclones like Pachirisu and Emolga. Then we also have the Pokemon which are big eaters like the Snorlax family and Lickitung family. Finally we just have Pokemon who designs have big cheeks like the Snubbull family.
Jaw Lock: Why wasn't this Water or Rock-type, Types that would like to have a biting Move? Dark already have Bite and Crunch, it didn't need another. Anyway this isn't just a bite but a reference to some animals having mechanisms in their jaws which makes them physically unable to open their jaws once they bite down on something until they're ready to let it go. Snubbull family gets another mention here (and possibly some other dog Pokemon, Houndour family notably as it gets STAB), as do Carnivine and any crocodillian Pokemon, at least as immediate examples. Honestly you can probably look through the list of Pokemon who learn Bite and Crunch and from there go "yeah that's a species which jaw bones lock".
Grav Apple & Apple Acid: BAD TRANSLATORS! Grav Apple's Japanese name is simply "G-Force" and Apple Acid is "Malic Acid" (which I guess has better reasoning to be changed to Apple Acid...). Still, while sure it has the apple-basis, I don't think it would be odd if other fruit growing or based Pokemon got these moves. It's just now its more awkward in English (BTW, NO OTHER language did this. They call kept close to the Japanese names. Maybe the English team should consider that there are just some moves which need to be renamed).
Overdrive: So this isn't just a burst of electrictiy, it's a bust of electrified sound (just go with it). Combining the two we limit the list down to Voltorb family, Zapdos, & Thundurus. Also, outside of Electric, I don't see a problem with Exploud getting it.
Octolock: *Looks at Octillery*
Teatime: Like, sure, Polteageist is the tea Pokemon hence the move, but I feel this could also be given out to "cute" Pokemon or maybe even Pokemon with a higher femal-to-male ratio. Heck maybe all Galarian Pokemon should get it as they're British.
Magic Powder: Hey, another magic move. This move feels like something that would be specific to magic practitioners or magical creatures which would shed "powder": Galarian Ponyta family, Slowking, Celebi, Cresselia(?), Woobat family, Delphox, Hoopa(?), Oranguru, & Tapu Lele.
False Surrender: Not only would it have to be a Dark-type that isn't afraid to play a little dirty, but also it must have a way to do a sneak attack while its opponent's guard is down: Sneasel family, Shiftry, Cacturne, Stunky family, Liepard, Scraggy family, Malamar, & Zarude.
Spirit Break: You know what, we have so little Physical Fairy moves just give it to whatever feels right: Snubbull family, Azumarill, Mawile, Xerneas, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, & Zacian.
Obstruct: Not only should it be a Dark-type that you could see defending itself, but also one which looks intimidating enough that the attacker will then become intimidated from it: Alolan Muk, Tyranitar, Shiftry, Crawduant, Stunky family, Drapion, Sandile family, Bisharp, Hydreigon, Pangoro, Yveltal, Incineroar, Guzzlord, Grimmsnarl, Urshifu-Single Strike, & Zarude. Also, maybe for a laugh, Snorlax, Sudowoodo, Kecleon, Psyduck, Crustle, & Wooloo.
Meteor Assault: Essentially a jousting move which defies Type. Escavalier is a shoe in, but other than that? Rapidash (normal & Alolan)?
Decorate: Considering the context sounds like something the other sweets Pokemon could get like the Swirlix family.
No Retreat: Okay, probably will remain a Signature for Falinks, but would be funny to give it to other multi-member Pokemon like Dugtrio, Magneton, Exeggcute, & Combee; would Barbaracle be going too far?
Stone Axe: Kabutops scythe arms are sorta like axes, right?
Dire Claw: You'd be shocked to learn how many Poison-types actually learns claw/slashing moves, not a lot. Like only the Scorupi family feels like appropriate Poison-types to learn it.

I'm not even going to bother with Abilities as those I can't really go by Type like I did with Moves. I looked through Bulbapedia's list and, just so I have something to show, made a quick list of ones I'd like to see again used: Quick Draw, Neutralizing Gas, Gorilla Tactics, Wandering Spirit, Mimicry (like a Terrain version of Castform would be nice), Dancer, Merciless/Corrosion (maybe have a super Poison-type that can have either one), Stamina, Triage, Wimp Out/Emergency Exit (though, if we do another two-stage evolution, for fun let's have the basic stage with Emergency Exit and the final with Wimp Out), Water Compaction (how about we try something not weak to Water), Innards Out (if only cause I'm curious what other creature could be given the Ability which involves spewing out their organs), Berserk, Steelworker/Steely Spirit/Transistor/Dragon's Maw (would not only like to see more Abilities which are essentially a STAB, but also see these spread to Dual-types which which could logically have these as a third Type; give them the STAB but not the weaknesses/resistances), Mirror Armor, Steam Engine (okay, I can understand this one being given to Pokemon weak to Water (or Fire); still don't think I've seen its full potential though), Punk Rock, & Power Spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)