Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I think Soak in concept would be useful on certain defensive/support Pokemon because, as noted, depriving attackers of STAB can dampen their output a decent bit.

The issue is that there are very few OU viable Pokemon of that sort that have access to the move (the only 2 OU viability listings with it in their movepool being Pelipper and Tapu Fini, both of whom have moveslots at a premium). Even as a very specific Lure to generate momentum, the idea is incredibly restrictive on OU teambuilding for what will, in practical terms, at most result in one free turn to double switch or set up something like an entry hazard, since the effect disappears on switching out. While that would be a helpful gain in many teams, the cost to achieve it in this specific instance seems too steep on the teambuilder.

Kind of not a simple answer but if there is a thread or YouTube video on this topic that isn't outdated could u pls link it thx.

I've been wanting to build HO for a really long time but the only problem is, idk how to build it. Can someone help?

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Kind of not a simple answer but if there is a thread or YouTube video on this topic that isn't outdated could u pls link it thx.

I've been wanting to build HO for a really long time but the only problem is, idk how to build it. Can someone help?
Worth noting that this ‘semi-weather’ stuff is by no means the only way to build HO (prolly not even the best) - good old ‘mew (or other suicide lead) + 5 hitters’ works, ninetales-a works (with or without Arcto), sun works, rain has never not worked

The general outline for HO is 2-3 setup sweepers, one late game cleaner and/or speed control( can be hawlucha, or scarf kartana/scarf blace for example ) , a strong wallbreaker that doesn't require setup (e.g., melmetal , or banded zapdos-galar ) , hazard or screens lead , and taunt for keeping hazards or screens up or preventing enemy hazards from going up and/or stall-break.

Having ghost resist is usually nice, electric immunity is usually mandatory as usual.

You want to make sure you have ways of punishing opposing scarf kartana or lele, urshifu, Infiltrator dragapult when running screens, and weavile .

Ways to punish weather teams are nice , and an added bonus is being solid against the rare trick room which usually has a good matchup against offense

Ik explosion is only really seen in HO but is it possible to make it work in other playstyles? Just asking because I'm bored and want to experiment a bit

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Ik explosion is only really seen in HO but is it possible to make it work in other playstyles? Just asking because I'm bored and want to experiment a bit
It can work in other playstyles, mainly to lure specific Pokemon. For example, a BO team with Zeraora and Explosion Landorus can be very effective, since the latter can deal huge damage to opposing Landorus for Zeraora.

RaseacBr

Banned deucer.
how do i do it, a good team, i've tried several times, but my team always comes out weak, please i wanted tips.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
how do i do it, a good team, i've tried several times, but my team always comes out weak, please i wanted tips.
There’s a boatload of resources for this kind of thing. Try using a sample team until you get a grasp of the metagame. You can use sets from the Smogdex too, those are generally the best options for each Pokemon. You can also sign up for battling 101 although it’s best to sign up after you already have some experience.

I haven't played OU in a few months and since I last played Rillaboom and Washtom have exploded. Apparently bulky Rillaboom is a thing now? What stat spreads do either of these run. Particularly trying to work out what speed tiers I should be trying to hit

I haven't played OU in a few months and since I last played Rillaboom and Washtom have exploded. Apparently bulky Rillaboom is a thing now? What stat spreads do either of these run. Particularly trying to work out what speed tiers I should be trying to hit
There was a spotlight on bulky rilla done a few months ago: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rillaboom.3703768/

Washtom can go either sp. def or phys. def. Depending on the team, it can also run some speed investment to creep some threats. For example, 56 let's it creep ttar, 88 for scizor, etc. The rotom-w analysis is here.

Is there a standard spread for SpD Landorus-T, or is it moreso a guideline that you spec for whatever it's helping you patch up? Heard a lot of buzz around the set but not sure what it looks like in particular, and the Dex listings aren't recent enough to include it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)