Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Updated Paldea checklist:

1664386087563.png

Color code:
- Green: this Pokemon is present in the SV Pokedex,
- Dark Green: this Pokemon has a new Regional Form
- Light Green: this Pokemon is likely to be present in the SV Pokedex.

New confirmations:
-Diglett, Dugtrio,
-Snover, Abomasnow,
-Sandile, Krokorok, Krookodile,
-Applin, Flapple, Appletun.

I like Wiglett a lot. It’s simple but effective. I feel that the idea of convergent evolution in the Pokemon world has great potential.
It’s interesting that Wiglett and Diglett appear to coexist in the same region.

So wondering if the following has been confirmed yet:

- Is Toxic going to be standard again? In gen 6/7 it seemed like everything could learn it but when Gen 8 came around it was limited.

- And has there been any mention of TRs like in Gen 8 or are we back to TMs only?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
So wondering if the following has been confirmed yet:

- Is Toxic going to be standard again? In gen 6/7 it seemed like everything could learn it but when Gen 8 came around it was limited.

- And has there been any mention of TRs like in Gen 8 or are we back to TMs only?
We don't know either of those, no

How is it "leak talk" when its already been officially revealed? Also why is there still no leak thread?
I don't think saying "twittermans was right all along!" adds much to the discussion one way or the other so I don't really see any point in being too defensive about this. Mods have asked us to not talk about leaks at all so I don't think we should contest that every chance we get.

I think its kind of weird that the official site has no info on Wiglett yet. We would probably have a better grasp on whats up with the dude if the site had given us more information like with every other mon. Really hoping its not an Impidimp scenario where its in teasers for the gen but doesn't ever get officially acknowledged

Diglett's nose is also pink.
No need to nit pick. "Pink fake diglett regional" is close enough. Pink is obviously a central color that is a focal point on the design. Point is that the leaker has been correct about multiple things and at this point I think we can safely say the info has been verified. If there is to ever be a leak thread, it seems like we could probably start one now. If the mods have no interest in ever starting a leak thread then they can say so.

Eh. Odds are it would devolve into discussing random fake leaks from 4chan as they crop up and involve people going on snipe hunts to figure out if they're real or not.

Either way this is kind of a waste of discussion time, although it ain't like there is a ton to discuss is there?

At this point the two main leakers have been basically confirmed to be legit, considering they haven’t been wrong yet. That being said, continuing to talk about it in an official info only topic after we’ve been asked not to is just ruining the topic for the people who haven’t seen the leaks. We should respect those peoples and the mods wishes and leave it alone.

No need to nit pick. "Pink fake diglett regional" is close enough.
It's not a nitpick. It's like calling shiny Togedemaru "Yellow Togedemaru" because it's cheeks are yellow, even though regular Togedemaru's cheeks are also yellow.

Onto topics that aren't banned and inane, I'm curious what Wiglett could evolve into. I wish I knew what its Japanese name is, because at least in English, it most likely isn't going to be named Wugtrio (though I guess Wagtrio is an option). I think it's more likely that it evolves into something visually unrelated to Dugtrio, sort of a Perrserker or Runerigus situation.

It's not a nitpick. It's like calling shiny Togedemaru "Yellow Togedemaru" because it's cheeks are yellow, even though regular Togedemaru's cheeks are also yellow.

Onto topics that aren't banned and inane, I'm curious what Wiglett could evolve into. I wish I knew what its Japanese name is, because at least in English, it most likely isn't going to be named Wugtrio (though I guess Wagtrio is an option). I think it's more likely that it evolves into something visually unrelated to Dugtrio, sort of a Perrserker or Runerigus situation.
Well if the japanese name for Wiglett is Umidigda then the japanese name for the evo could probably be:
*checks notes*
Umidugtrio.

We should have a leak thread. I can't really figure out what upside there is to not letting people talk about verified leaks.
The realistic reason is that if they go "ok feel free to talk of confirmed leaks" it's inevitable that some people will go post the other unverified leaks from same author.

It has already happened in this same topic in fact and it was what triggered some of the mods to go angery at it.

TLDR: We can't have nice things cause we're a bunch of toxic overgrown kids.

Sea

Wiglett's Japanese name is literally SeaDiglett
Whether or not it was intentional, in real life many marine creatures are called "Sea -Insert Land-based Animal Name Here-" even though they aren't even genetically related, like in the English language we have names like Sea Horse and Sea Cow, but the former isn't even a mammal, and the latter is more closely related to elephants than any bovine.

The realistic reason is that if they go "ok feel free to talk of confirmed leaks" it's inevitable that some people will go post the other unverified leaks from same author.

It has already happened in this same topic in fact and it was what triggered some of the mods to go angery at it.

TLDR: We can't have nice things cause we're a bunch of toxic overgrown kids.
Whats wrong with people talking about "unverified" leaks if its from the same source?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)