Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Still dumb how LA didn't have non-hisui forms available for anyone other than Sneasel, who needed to be there out of contractual obligation thanks to Weavile beinga gen 4 Pokemon, and Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales because i dunno. Popularity, I suppose.
They even had an excuse with the rifts bringing in Pokemon from elsewhere in time & space (which is how you got normal Sneasel).

That is nice, so more versitile than hidden ability. And not IV dependent. Seems like a "hidden typing" version of hidden ability.
tombstone template.jpg
*sandwich physics stuff*
I can't believe Game Freak jumped on the "funny simulator game" bandwagon a decade too late. SV is a meme game, confirmed!
I'm surprised Pokemon didn't use "bocadillo" and call it something like "Pokedillo" (or, since another term for the sandwich is "bocata", they could also do "Pokebocata" which I think rolls off the tongue better).
Okay now I'm boycotting the game. /s

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Still dumb how LA didn't have non-hisui forms available for anyone other than Sneasel, who needed to be there out of contractual obligation thanks to Weavile beinga gen 4 Pokemon, and Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales because i dunno. Popularity, I suppose.
I'll be honest, I don't think those would actively add anything of worth to PLA. Fow SwSh and SV it makes sense since you can at least use them for online battles, but PLA being a self contained adventure kind of gives the og forms nothing to do. I feel like more than any other games in the franchise, PLA is about completing the region's Pokédex - would be kind of counterproductive to have 20ish forms to get that aren't even found naturally in the wild. OG forms would also have to either be Distortion-Exclusive (Which would absolutely flood distortion encounters with 20ish mons), in-game trade (which defeats the game's main gameplay of going into the wild to catch mons in the overworld) or be transfer-only (which also does that but as previously discussed doesn't really give the transfered mons anything to do)

As for Vulpix, they're apparently the official pokémon mascots of the Hokkaido region of Japan
1665421646444.png

So they were probably just tossed into the hokkaido-based region as a cute nod to that

With all that said, I fully expect SV to have all variants for a mon since none of the things that made those a bad idea for PLA apply to SV. So since we've seen Meowth and Pikachu in trailers, for an example, I'm expecting Alolan Raichu, Alolan Persian and Perrserker to at least be transferable

I'm surprised Pokemon didn't use "bocadillo" and call it something like "Pokedillo" (or, since another term for the sandwich is "bocata", they could also do "Pokebocata" which I think rolls off the tongue better). And don't think they wouldn't: Pokemon-Amie anyone (based on the French term "Mon Amie" which means "My Friend")?
Bro wtf this is a kids game. They can’t just make add Pokemon themed adult toys to the game. That’d be going too far.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Maybe, but locking it gave Pikachu315111 a taste of a Mod's power to lock threads.

Is he becoming a Mod soon so he can have that power for real? :P
I know it's October but don't scare the mods with such a frightful scenario. :blobpex:

Also, Iono - Electric-type? She has what looks like Magnemite hair decorations and screw bolts on her feet. Paldean Magnemite? "We've already seen normal Magnemite". We've also already seen Paldean and normal Wooper.

Which begs the question: Is this what "Iono" actually looks like, or is this a digital puppet and we'll meet the actually "Iono" who looks a bit more normal?
By the way the trailer speaks, I assume she's meant to be a streamer and not really a vtuber. So very likely we'd meet her directly.

I don't mind it per se, I think it's fine considering how important streamers are nowadays (and how impactful vtubers are in japan anyway).
I just have a personal crusade against Vtubers :zonger:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)