SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

This is the first time I've heard of a Pokémon getting the nerfbat treatment before release.
Does that mean there's gonna be a (better) balance team for this game?
Y-you do realize these are leaks, right? The reason you never hear about it is because no one is supposed to know this info in the first place, and past leakers only cared about new mons and story content

YES! We FINALLY have a leak thread! Now I can ask the thing I've been wanting to for so long.

What do you think Sprigatito 3's "overpowered hidden ability" is? Khu says its not a new ability, and that Sprigatito3 will be a Jester/Magician/Thief.

Some people on /vp/ have suggested it could be prankster but I don't know if that qualifies as "overpowered".

Attachments

Where is the alleged Dragon/Ice pseudo-legendary, I must see that thing with my own eyes.

I love pseudo-legendaries and always look forward to new ones. Moreover, Dragon is my favorite type, and Ice is also one of my Top 5 favorite types.

Given those three qualities, this alleged Dragon/Ice pseudo has the perfect ingredients to be one of my favorite Pokemon from Gen 9.
I'm convinced the Dragon/Ice pseudo is gonna be UU at best. Unless it has the perfect ability, moveset, and stat distrubution. That ice type is not doing it any favors.

Girl's recreating Terastalyzing in Gen 8
I love their videos
Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan conceptually of paradox forms, at least as the leakers are describing them. Then again, these leakers rarely do a great job at selling the content they're describing (especially the fucking "riddler" leakers; can we stop giving these parasites attention and put the malignant social tumor they represent into remission already?), and Khu is kind of an idiot anyways, so we'll see what they're actually like when the games are released.
Oh get over yourself

I'm convinced the Dragon/Ice pseudo is gonna be UU at best. Unless it has the perfect ability, moveset, and stat distrubution. That ice type is not doing it any favors.
At this point, "UU at best unless it's perfect across the board" is a good rule of thumb. Nature of power creep. Every new gen, there's new mons. Unless they all suck(which they won't), the most busted S-tier of those mons will end up in OU, which means the weakest part of OU drops. Go on long enough, and even gold standard mons won't be OU. Think about current UU. Mence, RotomW, Keldeo, Excadrill...if the standard for a mon is that it has to be better than those to even think about OU, then there's not much that can do it.

Fun fact, less than half the pseudolegends are OU. Dragonite, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Dragapult make it. Metagross(RU), Salamence(UU), Hydreigon(UU), Goodra(NUBL), Kommo-o(UUBL) do not.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Are you guys forgetting base Kyurem got banned from OU, the pseudo can easily have similar stats and movepool, may it could lose some Atk to get to 600 BST, but as long as it has the movepool it can easily be good as long as GF don't make a big fuck up.
Being Ice-Type isn't a bad thing as long as you are an offensive mon with at least a decent speed, and Kyurem only had 95.

Are you guys forgetting base Kyurem got banned from OU, the pseudo can easily have similar stats and movepool, may it could lose some Atk to get to 600 BST, but as long as it has the movepool it can easily be good as long as GF don't make a big fuck up.
Being Ice-Type isn't a bad thing as long as you are an offensive mon with at least a decent speed, and Kyurem only had 95.
Kyurem is a interesting case because it was a typical example of the problem most Ice types have: their type is SO bad defensively that it needs to compensate somewhere else. Before gen 8, it was barely even relevant as far as OU goes... until it got Freeze Dry and boots.

Kyurem-Black similarly was perfectly fine in the normal tiers... until it actually got a real ice Stab and suddently it became gamebreaking enough to get kicked out.

At this point, "UU at best unless it's perfect across the board" is a good rule of thumb. Nature of power creep. Every new gen, there's new mons. Unless they all suck(which they won't), the most busted S-tier of those mons will end up in OU, which means the weakest part of OU drops. Go on long enough, and even gold standard mons won't be OU. Think about current UU. Mence, RotomW, Keldeo, Excadrill...if the standard for a mon is that it has to be better than those to even think about OU, then there's not much that can do it.

Fun fact, less than half the pseudolegends are OU. Dragonite, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Dragapult make it. Metagross(RU), Salamence(UU), Hydreigon(UU), Goodra(NUBL), Kommo-o(UUBL) do not.
Another thing to remember is that we don't truly know how good a pokemon is until we actually play the meta. A pokemon that might look average might have some important tools that gives it a place in the OU metagame.

Another thing to remember is that we don't truly know how good a pokemon is until we actually play the meta. A pokemon that might look average might have some important tools that gives it a place in the OU metagame.
Spectrier and Regieleki flashbacks :psysly:

Spectrier prerelease: "Lol shit movepool noone gonna use this thing"
Spectrier facts: banned from OU for being too restrictive

Regieleki prerelease: "Wtf super fast high damage gonna be broken"
Regieleki facts: so easy to stop that it dropped to UU

This is the first time I've heard of a Pokémon getting the nerfbat treatment before release.
Does that mean there's gonna be a (better) balance team for this game?
Nope. The difference is that now we're getting more info out of leaks.

It's been so long since I last played comp that this is wild af to me.

Salamence was in Ubers a couple gens ago and now it's in UU. :trode:

If we consider what we saw previously at trailers, we might have status changes of SLEEP turning into DROWZY status, a new mechanic from PLA. It may be fair to assume we will also have FROZEN replaced by FROSTBITE, wich is basically a special version or burn.
It may be favorable for ice types being more effective as special defenders, but we know the list of mon who learns boltbeam so it may not be necessarily good news for the ice chunks.

If we consider what we saw previously at trailers, we might have status changes of SLEEP turning into DROWZY status, a new mechanic from PLA. It may be fair to assume we will also have FROZEN replaced by FROSTBITE, wich is basically a special version or burn.
It may be favorable for ice types being more effective as special defenders, but we know the list of mon who learns boltbeam so it may not be necessarily good news for the ice chunks.
nah, it's definitely just normal sleep and frostbite isn't here
Personally I think sleep is still traditional sleep in most ways explained in the main thread here and here.

Most notably is that the sleep status is still named asleep and it wouldn't make much sense for you to be able to attack while unconscious, unlike drowsy where you're still awake. The point of Arceus calling the new status drowsy is clearly to distance itself from sleep in flavour, so I don't see them just porting its mechanics back into old sleep to confuse people. As mentioned above as well, Rest maintains the old description rather than the Arceus description.
View attachment 459765

The falling asleep message is still the same as well, and we've seen sleep turns being burned.
View attachment 459772View attachment 459771

The interaction in the video can be explained by the ally HP/status simply being slower to update than the move animations. This is because the raid battles have to show the allies using moves against the raid boss immediately to reflect damage, but they don't show the raid boss attacking allies outside their POV. It's reasonable to not update the ally status only after a move is used because the HP wouldn't change before the turn goes off. I mainly say this because the status on Farigiraf disappears immediately after the move which leads me to believe it woke up to use the move.
View attachment 459768

Also the Drifblim wasn't asleep before it used the move, the sleep icon shows up afterwards. Nowhere does a mon use a move with the sleep icon remaining before and after.
View attachment 459769
View attachment 459770

Also kaka apparently mentioned that freeze is back anyway. THun is a user that he often replied to in Japanese.
View attachment 459766

...GF absolutely won't do it, but with the themes of time travel, variants of existing mons from different time periods, real-world evolution, etc...the pseudolegend could easily be a descendant of Kyurem, evolved to survive. They won't, they don't want to add that much to an existing Legend's lore, but they could.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)