SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

So for those of you who want to use egg moves for ingame runs, doing it is easy! Just buy a Mirror Herb from the Delibird Gifts in Casacarrafa! It's the town with the Water-type gym in it.
Wouldn't using Picnics trigger Affection?

A lot of people are talking about breeding for IVs but now that Bottle Caps and Mints are purchasable for just $20k and Bottle Caps can be used starting at level 50, what's the point of breeding for IVs? For specific balls in the rare case I guess but other than that, why?
First of all, options, second, because blowing 120k+ on a shitmon gotta feel terrible.

Imagine dropping a house's worth of cash on a Squawkabilly (Bird Up!) because it gets Intimidate + Parting Shot and all that VGC shit that makes things a slog to watch.

Matter of fact, I pulled up some VGC finals to watch while having lunch.

I managed to clean my plate before a single point of damage was dealt. :tymp:

That's why VGC doesn't get to eSports potential man, that shit is boring to watch! What is this, GSC? :pip:
You get it. I even have some crazy friends that don't mind bottle capping because they like to go for certain Characteristics. The famous proud of its power Lucario guy was just ahead of his time!

Real talk, I appreciate the flavor text and caps and mints are great.

btw one more funny layer to the mirror herb breeding stuff: you can inhert moves from eggs.

Seriosuly, I have a Quaxly egg that I bred Roost on, and Quaquaval with Mirror Herb got Roost from it DESPITE THE EGG NOT EVEN BEING HATCHED.

I can not even imagine the logic behind this beyond "whoops someone at gamefreak messed up".

Maybe eggs really are magical like the daycare folks used to say lol
This game is all about paradoxes, it's all good.

First of all, options, second, because blowing 120k+ on a shitmon gotta feel terrible
Are we expecting cash to be scarce in Paldea? That amount is only like one or two runs through the Elite 4. A small price to pay for getting a Pokémon perfected.

Also what do you mean by a shitmon? Bc no one is gonna spend anything on a useless Pokémon. ("Useless" as in they don't see any value in it, neither in battle nor as a trophy)

You know how don't we have a full item list with descriptions, exactly. It's always just the new items from what I can tell.

The closest thing has been the item image rips! I'm curious to see if they cleaned up the internal listings and descriptions, you know?!

Wait, did they actually eliminate Set mode, that wasn't just a fake leak? Does GF just not want people playing VGC, because they sure are making it so single player gives you none of the skills you need to play VGC.
I haven't tested this in SV yet to be clear, but yes. In fact in several BSS analyses, we mention that you want a neutral nature on stuff like Trick Mimikyu so it can eat any berry without worry!
I remember seeing analyses for various mons on Showdown telling them which berry to run so that Adamant/Jolly Bug Bite opponents will get confused.
  • They got rid of almost every weird regional baked good that was just a Full Heal in disguise. Even SWSH kept dragging those around as gifts from the cafes.
  • For the most part, they made sure to just exclude items they didn't need. Anyone who kept track of items up through SWSH knows they usually just kept them around forever, but not here.
  • Despite that, there are some oddballs kicking around
    • Normal Plate, Legend Plate I mentioned before; it still wouldn't surprise me if these get "properly" implemented by the time Home comes out. There's really no reason to include them otherwise.
    • The Gracedia flower is here and as I said before, it's got entirely new artwork. Shaymin's weirdly not present and they didn't include any legendary items they didn't need so...strange. At least with the plates you can just say "they just brought over all the Arceus items just in case"
    • The Pal Park Ball is still here. Do you think they'll ever do anything with this? There's really no reason to keep bringing the sprite and updating it at this point...Like the Legends Arceus balls aren't here so it's clearly not some ID conservation thing going on.
    • Speaking of, all the Apricorns are here though I imagine they go unused. Guessing just brought over with the balls themselves out of I dunno, habit? Just in case? There'll probably be some DLC that uses them again or something.
    • The Incenses are still present even though breeding doesn't require it anymore. They did have a functional use, so maybe they do still happen to be around the region? Something to keep an eye out for I guess.
    • I said "Almost" every regional baked good. There's still 2 left over: Lumiose Galette & Shalour Sable. Kalos Confirmed!
  • The Galarica Cuff & Crown (the Galarian Slowpoke items) are present, but the Twig (the thing that made them) is not. So presumably once Slowpoke-G is ready to go you can just buy/obtain the items already made rather than journeying around to collect the Twigs.
...Yeah, I'm shocked to see anything get cut. It makes sense, I've been saying for years that the inventory system is a nightmare, but wow. No random RageCandyBars and SweetHearts around...That'll take getting used to.

Wait, did they actually eliminate Set mode, that wasn't just a fake leak? Does GF just not want people playing VGC, because they sure are making it so single player gives you none of the skills you need to play VGC. I remember seeing analyses for various mons on Showdown telling them which berry to run so that Adamant/Jolly Bug Bite opponents will get confused.
...Yeah, I'm shocked to see anything get cut. It makes sense, I've been saying for years that the inventory system is a nightmare, but wow. No random RageCandyBars and SweetHearts around...That'll take getting used to.
My guy, nothing in the brain dead singleplayer campaign gives you "the skills to play vgc", whatever that means, with or without set mode.

My guess is that GF couldn't figure out how to animate it well while grounded. Many other formerly flying Pokemon now have grounded animations. Still looks cool, but a bit of a letdown as well.
I mean it's grounded on the overworld, the starmobiles (significantly more elaborate!) are on the ground, and it looks like it's "flat" in the air there so soemthing tells me that's not it and that this might just be a glitch

They're making the game so easy. It takes the rarity aspect out of Pokemon and throws it out the window if everyone gets a trophy. It also kills the whole point of trading aside from the handful of version exclusives.

I think it was fine in Sword and Shield.
People would rather gen their Pokemon than go through the song and dance of IVs, Egg Moves, and Hidden abilities.

Yeah, no, breeding sucks. Anything that cuts down the time I spend shortening my Joycon's lifespan via drift is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)