Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to talk about a Pokemon who wasn't mentioned yet, and I've been getting a lot of value of constantly.
Meet Iron Moth:
Iron Moth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Venoshock
- Morning Sun
- Fiery Dance
- Toxic Spikes
Iron moth is an amazing mon that can destroy anything in it's path, dealing with all pokemon that try to rapid spin or defog like forretress and corviknight, and setting up it's own toxic spikes for pokemon like hex flutter mane to use, together with Espathra to protect sub spam while gaining speed with the speed boost ability to sweep with stored power and tera blast fire, chipping down pokemon with poison from people who thought they could beat it. You can also choose to use a more specially defensive set, but I've found this offensive one really great, specially since I've been 1hkoing Pokemon like Great Tusk who try to threaten it after a spa boost.
Besides having a great utility, it can also threaten a lot of pokemons who are slower and with venoshock.
It struggles against pokemon who can outspeed such as opposing flutter manes, maushold, iron bundle, chien pao, and even meowscarada, iron valliant and priority users like palafin and kingambit, having trouble with scarfed pokemon aswell, however, all of them really struggle to switch in so if you play around them well you can manage to get great value out of it.
Walls like clodsire, tyranitar and glimmora can deal with it quite well, but all of them share a weakness to ground and water (Clodsire runs unaware instead of water absorb in sets like curse, so I'm gonna count him aswell) and with support from the team, they can be dealt with.
It has it's own problems, however, struggling to switch in against opposing physical attackers, and even specials sometimes if you are running an offensive set, and opposing poison types can deal with the toxic spikes, taking a great value it would otherwise give to the team.
(Clodsire is a great teammate with it, but I decided to run a team with screens goldhengo and sweepers: https://pokepast.es/8090da32745a2614)

Sun is cracked currently b/w Flutter mane, Great Tusk and Roaring moon. Scorvillain is a nice cleaner and breaker but opposing flutter mane always outspeeds unfortunately. I built a sun team which I've used to decent success on the ladder and ou room tours https://pokepast.es/d292c1cd1c3fd54e

Band Chien Pao is incredible, it feels similar to scarf Darm-gof last gen and ice shard is quite valuable in an offensive meta as this one. Chin yu and Scorvillain serve as the main breakers. Nothing really beats Chin yu defensively especially with Tera fighting. Flutter mane cuz it's broken and super easy to abuse. The biggest surprise and MVP of this team is Tera water Great tusk who hits extremely hard with the photosynthesis boost and can turn into a sweeper with one rapid spin, I've swept so many teams with this. Tera water is to help against broken Palafin and Chien pao, also allows to survive one flutter mane attack from full and kill in return.

From my laddering so far Flutter mane and Chien pao feel the most broken, I don't think Terastal is broken as some ppl are claiming to be currently.

For everyone running Great Tusk I highly recommend trying Body Press instead of close combat. Keeps the special defense respectable and still hits like a truck and still has stab. Insane counter to so many physical attackers
Body press is also real nice on iron treads
View attachment 466651

Imagine Weavile but with 10 more speed, an actually good ability, and moves Weavile would kill for like Sacred Sword, Sucker Punch and Recover. That's Chien-Pao.

Chien-Pao @ Choice Band
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner/Icicle Crash
- Sucker Punch/Crunch
- Sacred Sword
- Tera Blast

You can probably change the Tera type on this one but killing Fairies is nice. This is every bit the threat level that Weavile was in gen 8 with the added bonus of being able to change your type to suit your mood.

Chien-Pao @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Sacred Sword
- Ice Spinner

this one is probably not viable at all but is instead an incredibly messed up showcase of the hubris of man. you thought it was sometimes difficult to deal with swords dance weavile? meet swords dance chien-pao. adaptability STAB combined with recover in case you thought chip was gonna be a factor. and of course, boots. no ice type is complete without them.

Excited to see where this meta goes! Please ban Chien-Pao! Weavile is gonna be hard enough to handle!
Chien-Pao and bundle are nuts I swear, probably next on the chopping block after flutter mane. Both basically tell us what weavile is like if it was actually busted and neither are healthy

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
This is fun, and I think there are a lot of cool strategies with sticking power.

But we also got big bad brokens everywhere. I am hoping to give them a day or two to settle and let everyone play with their new toys for right now. We will not fall into a lazy pattern though, so keep your eyes open come early next week.

Also on a seperate note, wow is quaquaval powerful if it gets going. Reminds me of Rillaboom last gen where lots of teams are going to need answers for it. In testing, I just swept someone who didn't have any counterplay to Quaquaval with so much ease and it felt so good. Not to mention, Quaquaval isn't super frail either, that 85 hp and 85 physical bulk came in handy in that very match against iron valiant, which dropped me to 12% terrain. And the best part, you can roost to punish your opponent and you don't even need terastal to secure kos. And just like Bulk Up Rillaboom from last gen, I believe a lot of teams are gonna be packing counterplay to it pretty soon in order to not get swept. Aqua step + moxie is actually ridiculous, and this mon gets Rapid Spin and Ice spinner to remove hazards and terrain. Moxie duck is very good, can confirm!

Last edited:

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
Why is your ass running Scarf Mach Punch? Deserved idk.
My reasoning for scarf was RB and it literally was "im gonna kill myself faster", sorry for being bad, thats what i get for teambuilding at 1 AM lmao

On the topic of broken things, Ive had like 10 matches and all of them ended on how is winning the speed tie beetween My Flutter mane and my chien pao vs their flutter mane and chien pao, because both share the same speed, good thing Choice Scarf Ditto carries my ass even when i make dumb decisions

and on the topic of dumb, ive been trying the dumb things like terra flying gengar (your still dying anyways to any light breeze) and a new Chlorophill sweeper in Scovilian, that move pool is tiny and maybe its because of the fast as fuck mons but he feels slow, and its frail, I also been running Yache Berry Garchomp to lure Chien paos, and thats the main reason ive not been running into them

Played like... 3 random matches with the most lazy team I could make. Just put a lot of threats together and clicked battle button.

Flutter Mane is an abomination. This thing needs to go ASAP, there is no need to wait for nothing. This disgusting stab combo with high offensive stats + enough coverage is... Ugh. Abomination with or without sun (with sun it is even more opressive).

Chien-Pao seems like the other obvious one that will go soon. It's Weavile, but after 3 years going to gym and training hard. Really hard. And using strong steroids.

Sun is everywhere, because it's main setter is quite good, can spin and set rocks itself, and it gets all the caveman + Scovillain to spam.

Rain is also boosted with Palafin, Shell Smash Dreadnow and Kilowatrel.

I belive all of those things will be tested/quick banned soon. Yes, even Drought and Drizzle.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
We will have quickbans before we run into formal suspect tests for the sake of tackling the obvious Pokemon without the wasted time and resources. This will also buy us a day or two to gain our footing right now, so be patient and early next week we will have clear progress.

I am having a hard time seeing terastallizing ending up as balanced part of this metagame. It simply provides too much offense utility, without defensive counterplay. With Dynamaxing, you at least had the possibility of a defensive Dynamax. Here, all you can often do is hope and pray that you guess your opponents tera-type correctly. Roughly speaking there are three offensive strategies when terastallizing:

1) Terrastalizing to gain STAB on the coverage move of your sweeper: Acrobatics Flying Tera Roaring Moon is everywhere, but also Fire Flutter Mane to beat Steels, Psychic Volcarona to peat Pex, and countless other are very good at beating their usual counters
2) Terrastalizing into your existing STAB to become stupidly strong. I am sure everyone has by now been swept by Water Tera Palafin at some point. But you can so this for any mon with a spammable STAB to become virtually unwallable outside of immunities
3) Terastallizing to beat offensive checks. Want to mach punch a Chien-Pao or Roaring Moon? Nope it's suddenly ghost type. Want to bullet punch a Baxcalibur? Nope it's now a steel type. These can be fairly frustrating to run into.
There three options are all very strong, with little ways to predict or prevent them. You spend a lot of time guessing what tera-type your opponent is, which probably doesn't reward skill and strategy from the players.

In terms of individual mons, I think the best mons right now are Flutter Mane and Roaring Moon. Chien Pao is strong but manageble imo, Palafin forces a water resist/immunity on every team but is fairly predictable. I have seen very few Iron Valiants and Iron Bundles so I don't see them as problematic at the moment.

We will have quickbans before we run into formal suspect tests for the sake of tackling the obvious Pokemon without the wasted time and resources. This will also buy us a day or two to gain our footing right now, so be patient and early next week we will have clear progress.
Not a huge fan of liberal early quickbans UNLESS the plan is to retest them later as the meta settles. I also highly encourage at least waiting until stuff like revival blessings works properly (who knows what else isn’t working properly).

Despite that, I wouldn’t complain about a flutter mane quickban that is never retested at the very least lol.

Trying to get my head around stuff that can realistically deal with Flutter Mane. It can run scarf, specs - with or without sun because 135 SpA and Spe is nuts - booster energy is an incredible win-con, and it can also just run CM Psyshock to deal with more defensive answers.

This thing gets like every coverage move imaginable so good luck dealing with that, you effectively need a dedicated slot on the team for this mon because if your flutter answer(s) get chipped you just kinda lose. Not even Ditto is a reliable answer because it doesn't copy the Booster Energy speed increase so you're staring at a speed tie.

252 SpA Flutter Mane Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Clodsire: 272-320 (58.6 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Flutter Mane Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clodsire: 178-210 (38.3 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 Atk Clodsire Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flutter Mane: 220-260 (87.6 - 103.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

With 2 layers of spikes Clodsire has a 47% chance to just get 2HKO'd

252 SpA Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Dondozo: 139-165 (31.5 - 37.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after 2 layers of Spikes
252 SpA Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Dondozo: 139-165 (27.5 - 32.7%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after 2 layers of Spikes
252 SpA Ghost Tera Type Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Dondozo: 186-220 (36.9 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 Atk Dondozo Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flutter Mane: 278-328 (110.7 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Chonky answer, but lacks reliable recovery. Paired with hazards makes this not the best check. Perhaps RestTalk Heavy Slam Filler would be a good set.

Also
252 SpA Flutter Mane Thunder vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Dondozo: 254-300 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toxapex: 100-118 (32.8 - 38.8%) -- 99.2% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Flutter Mane Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 96-114 (31.5 - 37.5%) -- 87.8% chance to 3HKO

0 Atk Toxapex Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flutter Mane: 102-121 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Toxapex Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flutter Mane: 96-114 (38.2 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

One of the more reliable answers, but CM makes this very mindgame-y. Put maxed Defense in because Pex is one of the few answers into Palafin.

252 SpA Flutter Mane Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 163-192 (22.8 - 26.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Blissey Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Flutter Mane: 70-84 (27.8 - 33.4%) -- Miniscule chance to 3HKO

Blissey is a decent answer but it has to run shadow ball because otherwise you just become setup fodder. It can also run twave to potentially cripple it. Imprison Flutter Mane anyone?

These 4 seem to be the most chunky special walls in the tier. I don't see Flutter sticking around for too long because while it does have some form of 4mss, it can have a set around every one of its answers except maybe blissey. Not to mention the sheer amount of hazards and limited removal options (Both donphans, Corviknight, Glimmora, Avalugg, Maushold?, Talonflame?) makes its answers a lot more shaky than they seem on paper

I've been messing around with this set myself:
:sv/sylveon:
Sylveon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Tera Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

It's... probably not the best answer. However Terablast does get pixilated which is kinda funny. Overall hits decently hard and takes special moves fairly well but gets destroyed by hazards.

Won't be able to play this for a week or 2, but just noticed Talonflame retained Defog. Can someone check if it still has Roost? Could be the second "viable" Defogger, after Corviknight
It does still get roost, yes. HDB Defog Roost U-turn [STAB] could be a decent set probably, but it might be too frail.

Last edited:

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
Despite that, I wouldn’t complain about a flutter mane quickban that is never retested at the very least lol.
Honestly, he is right, PS! has not fully inserted the changes so maybe theres suff not working yet, despite all of this, i cannot wait for the inminent wuaifu ghost quickban

Trying to get my head around stuff that can realistically deal with Flutter Mane. It can run scarf, specs - with or without sun because 135 SpA and Spe is nuts - booster energy is an incredible win-con, and it can also just run CM Psyshock to deal with more defensive answers.

This thing gets like every coverage move imaginable so good luck dealing with that, you effectively need a dedicated slot on the team for this mon because if your flutter answer(s) get chipped you just kinda lose. Not even Ditto is a reliable answer because it doesn't copy the Booster Energy speed increase so you're staring at a speed tie.

252 SpA Flutter Mane Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Clodsire: 272-320 (58.6 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Flutter Mane Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clodsire: 178-210 (38.3 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 Atk Clodsire Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flutter Mane: 220-260 (87.6 - 103.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

With 2 layers of spikes Clodsire has a 47% chance to just get 2HKO'd

252 SpA Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Dondozo: 139-165 (31.5 - 37.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after 2 layers of Spikes
252 SpA Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Dondozo: 139-165 (27.5 - 32.7%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after 2 layers of Spikes
252 SpA Ghost Tera Type Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Dondozo: 186-220 (36.9 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 Atk Dondozo Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flutter Mane: 278-328 (110.7 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Chonky answer, but lacks reliable recovery. Paired with hazards makes this not the best check. Perhaps RestTalk Heavy Slam Filler would be a good set.

Also
252 SpA Flutter Mane Thunder vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Dondozo: 254-300 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toxapex: 100-118 (32.8 - 38.8%) -- 99.2% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Flutter Mane Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 96-114 (31.5 - 37.5%) -- 87.8% chance to 3HKO

0 Atk Toxapex Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flutter Mane: 102-121 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Toxapex Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flutter Mane: 96-114 (38.2 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

One of the more reliable answers, but CM makes this very mindgame-y. Put maxed Defense in because Pex is one of the few answers into Palafin.

252 SpA Flutter Mane Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 163-192 (22.8 - 26.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Blissey Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Flutter Mane: 70-84 (27.8 - 33.4%) -- Miniscule chance to 3HKO

Blissey is a decent answer but it has to run shadow ball because otherwise you just become setup fodder. It can also run twave to potentially cripple it. Imprison Flutter Mane anyone?

These 4 seem to be the most chunky special walls in the tier. I don't see Flutter sticking around for too long because while it does have some form of 4mss, it can have a set around every one of its answers except maybe blissey. Not to mention the sheer amount of hazards and limited removal options (Both donphans, Corviknight, Glimmora, Avalugg, Maushold?, Talonflame?) makes its answers

I've been messing around with this set myself:
:sv/sylveon:
Sylveon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Tera Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

It's... probably not the best answer. However Terablast does get pixilated which is kinda funny. Overall hits decently hard and takes special moves fairly well but gets destroyed by hazards.

It does still get roost, yes. HDB Defog Roost U-turn [STAB] could be a decent set probably, but it might be too frail.
Thanks, good. Of course, too frail for defensive teams, but can work as emergency Defog in Balance/Offense. Can also cripple something with Flame Body and can also damage Goldengo with Flare Blitz.

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
Not a huge fan of liberal early quickbans UNLESS the plan is to retest them later as the meta settles. I also highly encourage at least waiting until stuff like revival blessings works properly (who knows what else isn’t working properly).

If something is beyond obvious that it makes the tier uncompetitive, then a quickban after a few days is fine.

Things that are just normally broken or borderline will not be touched

Just a few games into SV so far and this has to be one of the most fun early metas in some time. Just a lot of click buttons with all the silly damage mons running around. Reminds me a bit of early gen 5 before we figured out the weather stuff. I expect things to settle down a bit more in the next few days, but at least early on the offensive hype seems very real.

Gonna preface this with outright admitting I'm terrible and coming back to actually playing competitive for the first time since Gen 4/early Gen 5

Great Tusk is probably the second best new Pokemon for me so far. Booster Energy feels super strong on it but I haven't been dissapointed by AV either. It also gets great utility with Knock Off/Rapid Spin and Rocks which are just amazing as ever. Flutter Mane however is just absolutely busted and I feel like I need to run at least 3 ways to check it every game. On the flipside I keep seeing people say Roaring Moon is absolutely busted and for sure going to be Ubers like Flutter Mane but nobody ever seems to say why. I've tried it myself and haven't had much success with it.

If something is beyond obvious that it makes the tier uncompetitive, then a quickban after a few days is fine.

Things that are just normally broken or borderline will not be touched
I trust y’all to be able to differentiate between obviously uncompetitive and normal broken. My only fear is right now nothing feels immediately obviously uncompetitive other than flutter mane (maybe houndstone b/c he quickly becomes better dracovish). So I’m curious what other quickbans might be.

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
I trust y’all to be able to differentiate between obviously uncompetitive and normal broken. My only fear is right now nothing feels immediately obviously uncompetitive other than flutter mane (maybe houndstone b/c he quickly becomes better dracovish). So I’m curious what other quickbans might be.
There will be a post I make later today with things that are “on the radar” for the sake of transparency. It will either be here or linked here.

Of those Pokémon, there is a chance some will go. Maybe only 1-2 things. Maybe 3-4. I highly doubt any more than that. It won’t be drastic. We want to embrace the chaos and the initial fun, but we also want to slowly remove the things that dominate every game and take away from the enjoyment. It’s a balancing act

There will be a post I make later today with things that are “on the radar” for the sake of transparency. It will either be here or linked here.

Of those Pokémon, there is a chance some will go. Maybe only 1-2 things. Maybe 3-4. I highly doubt any more than that. It won’t be drastic. We want to embrace the chaos and the initial fun, but we also want to slowly remove the things that dominate every game and take away from the enjoyment. It’s a balancing act
Awesome, we love the transparency. Looking forward to seeing how this meta settles.

So besides Fluttermane, who I imagine is gonna get jettisoned...

Early gen has not been that bad for stall all things considering. Unlike Dynamax and a bit unlike Z Moves, there does seem to be the real ability for stall to utilize Terrastialize at least somewhat effectively. The one given to me was a Terrestialize Avalugg to fighting type, which does turn an otherwise garbage mon into a pretty good physical wall. It's actually really cool when you get to do something like this. I do think Terrestialize is probably broken, but only because we don't know the full extent of how to utilize it yet. IMO the current mons that are broken terrestializing are just broken mons. The adaptability part seems like it should be an issue but I can't say with confidence its not just incredibly busted mons making use of Adaptability right now.

The Pseudo legendary dark attackers Chien-Pao and Chi-Yu are... very very strong. Stall has an adequate wall in Blissey for Chi-Yu but the cut to your defensive stats + a potential spec/band pairing and then terrestializing on that is ridiculous. Even without Terrestializing, its very strong (overheat specs Chi-Yu can chunk a physical defense azumarill for 60-70%?). I've not seen enough of Chien Pao to know if this is another problem specific to less bulky teams or if it can do in a defensive team too, but so long as Avalugg is able to go Fighting type, I don't think its gonna be a stall issue.

Lastly... There's a real weird lack of good defensive grass types this gen. Amoongus is here but being ground neutral with the kind of teams Stall wants to run is a bit of a bother (Clod+your ghost type probably being ground weak). Hisui-Decidueye will probably be a welcome defensive addition as a fight/grass but as of right now, if you can't run Amoongus, you probably have no grass option at all other than Terrestializing something.

Thanks for the post, I was going to "defend" my beloved massacre ghost too. Mystical Fire, Thunderbolt, Psyshock look the most interesting coverage options. MAYBE Energy Ball, in a pinch. Tera fighting is an option too to prevent dying to Sucker Punch, but going both Stabs or Fire (for Mystical Fire) is nice too and those options do not "force" you to use your Tera wild card on a single mon or be stuck with a normal move.
Memento is a fun option for it, that it's going to be unexplored unless Ubers will try it.
I'll edit this post later with a few calcs. I'm thinking about Garganacl (it gets recover!) and Ting-Lu (it does not get recovery though)
I also imagine that, albeit I love it to bits, I will be force to play Ubers in order to play with it.
Last thing: I'm loving this early gen too, A LOT. And Tera seems a little less strong than anticipated (still strong strong, though.)

Speaking of stall, I've been running a stall team on low ladder to see how the playstyle fares, and uh

https://pokepast.es/8b5a3a99ebbb089c

It doesn't. Flutter Mane is manageable with Clodsire, but it's not even the problem. Not even considering Tera, Great Tusk is impossible to wall. If I ran into a Great Tusk, my gameplay was sack a mon -> go into Breloom and hope they don't switch out. Mon is actually insane for stall to deal with. Same with Annihilape. Low Toxic distribution + Rocks resistance + absurd coverage makes this mon a nightmare to handle for stall, since you could normally just wear it down over time, but when you add 50 BP to Rage Fist every time you do 20 with an Earth Power or a Torch Song, it becomes ridiculously hard to slow down. With Tera, some mons like Psychic Chien-Pao and Fighting Chi-Yu just win immediately, and even if you were to try and build for them you'll just end up forfeiting other important matchups. Overall, stall is as dead as it gets right now, so hopefully some smart bans can even the playing field a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)