Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Why exactly is cancelling a switch forbidden if the switcher may be trapped? (E.x. Magnet Pull)
Ingame, if you try to switch to another Pokemon, you’ll be prevented if trapped but allowed otherwise. On showdown, to prevent people switching then immediately canceling to scout if their opponent is trapping them, you aren’t allowed to cancel switches when you might be trapped.

Related question, why is this not always active in Pure Hackmons?

Please help I’m trying to get my teams back I saved them on Pastebin but when I put the paste into the restore lost teams thing and exit the teams aren’t there and I don’t know what to do.

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Please help I’m trying to get my teams back I saved them on Pastebin but when I put the paste into the restore lost teams thing and exit the teams aren’t there and I don’t know what to do.
Read the first post of this thread and post your question there. I would guess that it's related to your browser's cookie settings, but the best place to get help is the thread I linked.

Mathy

i'm not chien pao
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
does covert cloak prevent damage ticks from whirlpool/fire spin on cart? since it blocks salt cure damage, i'd assume so, but this is not the case on PS.
No. Salt Cure's effect is secondary (removed by Sheer Force, blocked by Shield Dust, etc) but the partial trapping moves' effects are primary. You can use /dt to see if a move has a secondary effect.

Bka Onon

It looks like it's going to rain.
is a Pre-Contributor
Is searching by color in teambuilder ever gonna be a thing or nah? I reckon it is slightly more useful than searching by egg group, which you can do.
I doubt it, since sorting by color doesn't really have competitive implications, the main filters to sort for already exist, a color based team would just be a gimmick.

Hi, was going through the elo calculate source code, and was wondering what's the score value ? It seems to go from 0 to 1+.
Score denotes the outcome of the match, 1 for a win, 0 for a loss, 0.5 for a tie. In the literature it's called "score" because, in theory, one might want to update Elo after several games (for example after an entire chess tournament), which would make the outcome an actual score.

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
Me and my friend both made accounts in the same week on a school computer. We battle each other frequently and have recently taken to participating in chatroom tourneys. One of us will join a tourney but when the other tries to join they are greeted with the message "one of your alts is already in the tournament". What is happening and is there a way to fix it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)