Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Please help me

I am a user in Pokemon showdown and my account name is "death note xd" since 3 days I massage someone or in a any room my massage doesn't shows please help me also I am using showdown for 2 years and this problem also occurred 1 month before but it fixed after some restarts but this time it is not working I don't know if this a bug so please help me also even staff members can't see my massages
 
Last edited:
Since you're typing in the Pokemon field, the matched pokemon I believe matches the filter you type as you type it in, aka: "b" to "bu" to "bul" and then "bull". The matched Pokemon doesn't just use their english names though, they also use any aliases assorted with them like "bull" (https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/blob/master/data/aliases.ts see line 686).
As "bull" doesn't match up with any names except Tauros's alias "bull", the teampicker defaulted to Tauros until there were no more mons left when on "bulle" to "bullet punch". Of course you can go on filtering "Bullet Punch" and pick Metagross as you please, but it's due to the search selecting the last mon or its alias in serach.
 
Since you're typing in the Pokemon field, the matched pokemon I believe matches the filter you type as you type it in, aka: "b" to "bu" to "bul" and then "bull". The matched Pokemon doesn't just use their english names though, they also use any aliases assorted with them like "bull" (https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/blob/master/data/aliases.ts see line 686).
As "bull" doesn't match up with any names except Tauros's alias "bull", the teampicker defaulted to Tauros until there were no more mons left when on "bulle" to "bullet punch". Of course you can go on filtering "Bullet Punch" and pick Metagross as you please, but it's due to the search selecting the last mon or its alias in serach.
Thanks a lot!
Man, I thought it was a bug ;-;
 
Will moveset buffs that came with the Home update through PLA (Like Gardevoir learning Ice beam and Recover) get added to showdown or no?
 

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Question: has anyone else been receiving an issue where the ads are blocking the game chat, and cannot be removed? Attaching an image below. Asking here because unsure where to post (please forgive me).

EDIT: it shows a black X, but clicking it on mobile does nothing at all.
 

Attachments

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
I don't know whether to ask this here or in OI so please redirect me if this is wrong.

In gen 1, it's saying that Kakuna can't learn Harden with Poison Sting or String Shot, but Metapod can learn Harden with Tackle and String Shot. I tried googling and it says they both learn Harden at level 1 so I assume that means Metapod shouldn't be able to learn Harden in combination with Tackle or SS? I didn't want to post this in bugs in case there's something I'm missing

Screenshot_20220527-205825.png

Screenshot_20220527-205834.png
 
I don't know whether to ask this here or in OI so please redirect me if this is wrong.

In gen 1, it's saying that Kakuna can't learn Harden with Poison Sting or String Shot, but Metapod can learn Harden with Tackle and String Shot. I tried googling and it says they both learn Harden at level 1 so I assume that means Metapod shouldn't be able to learn Harden in combination with Tackle or SS? I didn't want to post this in bugs in case there's something I'm missing
Metapod learns Harden at level 7 in Yellow only.
1653769069839.png
 
Why does PS not accept level 1 mons that can be gotten in that form from GO? Best example is a Sturdy Level 1 Donphan. It can be gotten by transferring a Donphan from GO to BDSP (All GO mons are level 1 when put into a main-series game), and any moves on Donphan's normal learnset can be learned from another Donphan if they're left in the daycare together (Only in BDSP, as this mechanic was added in gen 8, but Donphan isn't in SwSh).
 
Bulbapedia says that a Pokemon can eat a Leppa berry only when a move runs out of PP, the Pokemon receives the berry, or when something forces it to eat the berry. This replay shows a Pokemon eating a Leppa berry when magic room wears off. Is this a Showdown! bug, or is Bulbapedia wrong?
 

dave

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Social Forum Head
Bulbapedia says that a Pokemon can eat a Leppa berry only when a move runs out of PP, the Pokemon receives the berry, or when something forces it to eat the berry. This replay shows a Pokemon eating a Leppa berry when magic room wears off. Is this a Showdown! bug, or is Bulbapedia wrong?
Leppa Berry would have activated on the turn that Ditto’s Transform PP counter hit 0, but Magic Room prevents items from being consumed; Magic Room ending equates to a situation in which the holder is “forced to eat the berry.”
 

Luirromen

Every day...
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi, I dont know if this is the correct place to ask, if so apologies for the case.

I was wondering something, as you know, in the games there are certain pokemon that have a highter chance to be found on a specific gender than other, for example, starter pokemon have a 87.5 % to be male and 12.5% to be female. My question here is if you don't set your pokemon with a specific gender on the Pokemon Showdown simulator, and instead let the server choose a random gender at the beggining of a battle (as most of the time is the case) when the simulator randomizes the gender, it takes the specific chance that each individual pokemon has to appear as male of female just like in the games, or instead it randomizes the chance to a 50/50?

For example, lets say that I wanna use a Totodile, and I don't choose an specific gender for it, will my Totodile have a 87.5% chance to be male on a battle and 12.5% to be female, or instead it will have a 50/50 chance to be male or female?

Let me know if I didn't make my question clear, and thanks if someone knows this.
 

Irpachuza

Sammy was low, just watching the show
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Moderator
Hi, I dont know if this is the correct place to ask, if so apologies for the case.

I was wondering something, as you know, in the games there are certain pokemon that have a highter chance to be found on a specific gender than other, for example, starter pokemon have a 87.5 % to be male and 12.5% to be female. My question here is if you don't set your pokemon with a specific gender on the Pokemon Showdown simulator, and instead let the server choose a random gender at the beggining of a battle (as most of the time is the case) when the simulator randomizes the gender, it takes the specific chance that each individual pokemon has to appear as male of female just like in the games, or instead it randomizes the chance to a 50/50?

For example, lets say that I wanna use a Totodile, and I don't choose an specific gender for it, will my Totodile have a 87.5% chance to be male on a battle and 12.5% to be female, or instead it will have a 50/50 chance to be male or female?

Let me know if I didn't make my question clear, and thanks if someone knows this.
It's 50/50. More details and debate about the topic can be read on this relatively recent suggestion to change that.
 
In the teambuilder, the physical attack IV sets itself to 0 or 31 every time I click one of the Pokemon's moves (even if I don't change that move). Is this intentional? This happened to me when I was putting a sandy Wormadam on a gen 4 OU team, in case you were wondering.

Edit: According to this Serebii page, Sandshrew can know vital throw from a gen 3 event, but Showdown! says it's illegal in gen 3. Which website is wrong?
 
Last edited:
Hey so I have the username SilverRival and I need the password reset :[ it also keeps claiming that it's the same user as Silver_Rival and Silver(Rival) as well because when I checked it pulled up the accounts when I typed my username in instead of my actual account that I registered with the username. Please help I need my rival user back </3
 

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributor
PS Admin
Hey so I have the username SilverRival and I need the password reset :[ it also keeps claiming that it's the same user as Silver_Rival and Silver(Rival) as well because when I checked it pulled up the accounts when I typed my username in instead of my actual account that I registered with the username. Please help I need my rival user back </3
If you are talking about showdown, see this post https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-contacting-upper-staff.3538721/#post-6227626

As for it being the same name as Silver_Rival and Silver(Rival), thats because they are the same name. The PS account system bases names off IDs. An ID is the name with everything but letters and numbers removed and all upper case letters made lower case. So "silverrival" is the ID for that account and any names that just change capitalization or add symbols or whitespace are considered to be the same account.
 
Level 50 Heatran is legal in gen 8. When I try to use a level 1 Heatran, why does the teambuilder tell me it needs to be at least level 70?

also bumping one of my older posts
In the teambuilder, the physical attack IV sets itself to 0 or 31 every time I click one of the Pokemon's moves (even if I don't change that move). Is this intentional? This happened to me when I was putting a sandy Wormadam on a gen 4 OU team, in case you were wondering.

Edit: According to this Serebii page, Sandshrew can know vital throw from a gen 3 event, but Showdown! says it's illegal in gen 3. Which website is wrong?
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

Top