Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I need halp making a competative team, but I want to use these certain pokemon, charizard, azumaril, gastradon, killowatrel, avalugg, toxicroak,eelektross, arcanine, amoongus, poltergeist, palosand, krookadile, torkoal, zoroark, hydreigon, dragalge, sunflora and whiscash. I'm open to some other pokemon but these are the main ones I want on the team. What would the best strategy be and what pokemon should I use. I would really like the help.

I've started to see new gen 9 sprites / animations be rolled out slowly. is there a thread for me to view the sprites of the Pokemon or the animations used on showdown?

I've been using the /avatar command on Showdown recently to use hidden avatars, but whenever I close the website it reverts to the standard avatar I had before using the command. Is there a way to make the change permanent or will I just have to reapply the command every time I use the site?

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
I've been using the /avatar command on Showdown recently to use hidden avatars, but whenever I close the website it reverts to the standard avatar I had before using the command. Is there a way to make the change permanent or will I just have to reapply the command every time I use the site?
This is a known problem, but if you do it enough it should eventually stay.

Is there any support for adding tera types to the statistics pages? Would be awesome to get metagame specific tera types for scouting

Showdown needs to do something about people who forces the time to run out.
There are some players that wait for the last 10 sec to choose a move. The next turn, the clock starts all over.
When they see they are losing, they do this again.
A battle should not last more than necessary. This behave annoys and makes you lose your patience.

A simple sugestion would be that if the clock goes on less than 30s, it cannot reset (or give extra time).

There are some players that wait for the last 10 sec to choose a move. The next turn, the clock starts all over.
A battle should not last more than necessary. This behave annoys and makes you lose your patience.

A simple sugestion would be that if the clock goes on less than 30s, it cannot reset (or give extra time).
I'd say 60 seconds is enough time to determine a move or swap, however after a move is done it goes back to 120 seconds.

Most of my matches where the opponent has their last pokemon left, they wait until 10 seconds to take it out.. like bruh, its your last pokemon let's get this reverse sweep on the road let me lose faster.

Drifting

wrapped in plastic
is a Tiering Contributor

The way the timer works is that if someone takes a lot of time to pick a move, they have less time the next turn as you only gain 10 seconds per turn. If I wait until the final 5 seconds to pick my moves for example, I'll only have 15 seconds to pick a move the next turn; it doesn't reset as you're describing. It's still annoying to wait for the timer to go down the first time against someone malicious sure, but it's not sustainable for them. Some people really just do take a long time to consider all their options.

If you wanna look at how the timer works yourself, here's a link.

The way the timer works is that if someone takes a lot of time to pick a move, they have less time the next turn as you only gain 10 seconds per turn. If I wait until the final 5 seconds to pick my moves for example, I'll only have 15 seconds to pick a move the next turn; it doesn't reset as you're describing. It's still annoying to wait for the timer to go down the first time against someone malicious sure, but it's not sustainable for them. Some people really just do take a long time to consider all their options.

If you wanna look at how the timer works yourself, here's a link.
I know how the timer works. I'm saying that the way it works is horrible and annoying.
People are constantly forcing to the last 10 seconds. Then go fast in the next 2/3 turns for the timer restarts. If they are losing, they forces again.
In the end, its sustainable, because the other player easily lose the patience.
Like Seclusive said, 60 seconds is enough time to decide the move.

I know how the timer works. I'm saying that the way it works is horrible and annoying.
People are constantly forcing to the last 10 seconds. Then go fast in the next 2/3 turns for the timer restarts. If they are losing, they forces again.
In the end, its sustainable, because the other player easily lose the patience.
Like Seclusive said, 60 seconds is enough time to decide the move.
No matter how someone spends their time, they're still getting 210 seconds at the start + 10 seconds per turn. That's an average of 13-17 seconds per turn over a typical 30-60 turn game, which isn't unreasonably long. 2-3 turns is not enough to fully recharge the turn timer; once the initial buffer is spent it takes at least 15 turns to get back to the full timer length. The only way someone can stall for 60+ seconds several times in quick succession is if they've spent the past several turns moving quickly. There's no way to differentiate stalling from legitimate thinking in this case; it's reasonable to allow players to take longer turns occasionally.

Also, timer length is a major issue with a lot of implications, so it's not so easy to change. You can see some of the past discussion here and here. If anything, the trend has lead to more time being given overall, so I don't think shortening the max turn timer would be a good change overall.

Are there any plans to add more music here? It looks like the latest game's music is SM, Gen 7. I feel like it would be cool to have Gen 8 and 9 music too.

Who makes and animates the BW sprites for Pokemon introduced after generation 5? Is there a thread on Smogon for them?

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Are there any plans to update the new Gen 9 items with Fling power effects? I noticed that Loaded Dice is listed as not being able to be used with Fling despite having a Fling base power of 30 on Bulbapedia. Same with other items like Leader's Crest (which isn't in Showdown yet actually).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)