Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

The wording of them being new regions stood out to me too - for SWSH they made it very evident that they were just extensions of Galar whereas for Paldea they seem to be brand new Regions - are the DLCs going to be essentially mini-regions with more content or just islands? (I did think it odd how we didn't see like any in-game content at all, even with EP for Sword/Shield we had in-game screenshots and a lot of reference sheets)
I don't think Blueberry Academy is necessarily in another region, even if we are an exchange student.

Especially since that's in Indigo Disk which has to connect to Area Zero

The wording of them being new regions stood out to me too - for SWSH they made it very evident that they were just extensions of Galar whereas for Paldea they seem to be brand new Regions - are the DLCs going to be essentially mini-regions with more content or just islands?
I don't think Blueberry Academy is necessarily in another region, even if we are an exchange student.
To be fair what intrigues me the most is that they called the dlc pack "Hidden Treasure of Area Zero", but neither of them seem to have anything to do with it.

My guess is that the first DLC sends us to that area on the right of the Paldea map that is inaccessible but clearly a landmass (and not just ocean), while the other one will be some kind of research institute off the coast.

Especially since that's in Indigo Disk which has to connect to Area Zero
You're probably right, we did get a little glimpse of a map in the Blueberry Academy section;

1677509103917.png

Showing that it looks to be more of an island, or at least an extension, rather than a brand new region.

The first one though - those 3 unnamed Pokémon appear at different intervals, looking different at each stage (Although that could just be for the purpose of a statue/mask) Could they be giving us 2 sets of new starters in the same generation?

EDIT - Oh new legend trio based off the description

"These creatures “are beloved by the people of the village as heroes that protected the land of Kitakami in the past, and stone statues were made in their likeness to express the people’s gratitude.”

Whimsicott is back, rip VGC
Tbfh by the time Whimsicott is back, it won't be relevant.

It's in DLC2, which assuming fits the same schedule of SwSh, will also be the DLC with the various legendaries.

Which means, Tornadus, a much better prankster tailwind setter in almost every possible scenario, as well as other notable tailwind setters like Kartana

Edit: Oh yeh i forgot Tornadus is coming back anyway with Home compatibility in Spring so...

You're probably right, we did get a little glimpse of a map in the Blueberry Academy section;

View attachment 495338

Showing that it looks to be more of an island, or at least an extension, rather than a brand new region.

The first one though - those 3 unnamed Pokémon appear at different intervals, looking different at each stage (Although that could just be for the purpose of a statue/mask) Could they be giving us 2 sets of new starters in the same generation?

EDIT - Oh new legend trio based off the description

"These creatures “are beloved by the people of the village as heroes that protected the land of Kitakami in the past, and stone statues were made in their likeness to express the people’s gratitude.”
That kinda looks like Southern France NGL; that river inlet is making me think of Bordeaux.

Two more Raid puzzles to spec for and solve, and significantly more important to get right as high power Legendaries/Legend-Likes than novelty Pikachu or Popularity-Contest starters. Compared to the others these will be interesting to work out, though I dread the Cover-Legend noobs because I doubt Walking Wake is going to be fun with ProtoSynthesis boosted Dragon Pulses or such.

Off the bat I imagine Walking Wake has a decent shot at UU or OU, since offensive Special Waters are in demand, Bulky Water is hard to do wrong, and in either scenario its typing is really good in a gen where Ferrothorn isn't (confirmed) back.

Tbfh by the time Whimsicott is back, it won't be relevant.

It's in DLC2, which assuming fits the same schedule of SwSh, will also be the DLC with the various legendaries.

Which means, Tornadus, a much better prankster tailwind setter in almost every possible scenario, as well as other notable tailwind setters like Kartana

Edit: Oh yeh i forgot Tornadus is coming back anyway with Home compatibility in Spring so...
I dunno about that. Even in the restricted format, Whimsicott was a still on par with Tornadus as Tailwind setter still thanks to higher speed tier.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
In preparation for tomorrow’s Pokémon Presents, I wanted to briefly go over what all has and hasn’t been confirmed across the franchise, and organize them by how “likely”, so to speak, they are to show up here. I’m also going to be including a recap of January 2020’s Pokémon Direct in this post, since a lot of people seem to anticipate this being similar to how that one was handled.

January 2020 Direct Recap

Presentation runtime: Roughly 20 minutes

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX announced; releases March 6th, 2020

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass announced; the Isle of Armor coming Summer 2020 and the Crown Tundra coming Fall 2020

All Currently Confirmed Pokémon News So Far

Pokémon GO Hoenn Tour recently concluded; new Seasonal Update coming in a few days; Season theme TBD

Pokémon Masters EX run-up to 3.5 years event currently ongoing; new sync pairs set to debut in March 2023

Zacian-Crowned is slated to be the next playable character for Pokémon Unite; release date TBD

Detective Pikachu movie sequel and game sequels both confirmed to “still be in active development”, per industry reports; release dates TBD

New Pokémon anime series set to release in Japan in March of 2023 with new protagonists and side characters; Paldean Pokémon heavily featured in new series

Currently Unconfirmed Pokèmon News From Leaks & Source Codes (less likely to be present overall)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon announcement possible, per SPIKE Chunsoft copyright listing (1993-2023)

Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet DLC of some form speculated to release during 2023; heavily speculated to include a new Legendary Pokémon and feature currently inaccessible sections of Paldea

Pokémon Ruby & Pokémon Sapphire previously used during play testing for the Game Boy Advance application for Nintendo Switch Online (the application was later confirmed in February 2023’s Nintendo Direct; the game data is currently not present in the application’s source code from what I’m aware of)

Pokémon Sleep website domain discovered to reroute to the official Pokémon Presents page for 2.27.23; online domain validity TBD
That Presents was... honestly kind of mid if I'm being completely honest. I got a lot of these right, but naturally it's not like I was going to get every single thing right knowing how much I included on this list. Even if I would, you just can't cover all of that in 20-25 minutes.

I'll be the first to get this opinion out there... I really don't like the Suicune Paradox form so far. I was already feeling a bit iffy about the missed potential here (they could have used the Burned Tower legends as inspiration for a Past form), but somehow they managed to do even worse than that. Virizion's "Iron Leaves" variant looks a bit better to me personally, but it's still not my favorite thing ever.

Other than that, what else is there to say? No Mystery Dungeon news is honestly acceptable, knowing SPIKE Chunsoft just had a game anncounced during the February 7th Nintendo Direct, they spent a little too much time on Pokémon Sleep for my liking, and no Nintendo Switch Online updates is quite annoying. 4/10, wouldn't watch again.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

"Pokémon Scarlet Violet Zero's Treasure will be available on the Nintendo eShop later this week!

Forest School and Study Abroad Exchange.
A new story with a first part and a second part!

Game Freak is working hard on it right now, so please look forward to its release!"

Guess these two are more connected than the SWSH ones. Neat

Could have been a few more interesting reveals I feel but still happy with the DLC so far. As for the new Pokemon: really like Walking Wake, Terapagos looks beautiful, the teal mask Pokemon are interesting though a bit more cartoony than expected and as for Iron Leaves that's pretty underwhelming. It's Iron Jugulis levels of you barely changed anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)