SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I suspect the special Teras will just turn some moves into other new moves a la Gigantamax when activated and that's it. No fundamental changing of how Tera works type- and STAB-wise behind the scenes; that'll get too complicated. Tera changing types completely seems to be a selling point, at least in pre-release trailers hitting Tera Water Coalossal for not very effective with a Water attack; Ogerpon or any other Pokemon missing out on that by having Tera behave as Bonus Type instead just seems like a wasted opportunity for that mon.

Last edited:
To be fair, "tera-bis" that instead of changing your type would actually add a second (or change the secondary) would be an interesting take on the mechanic

Is there any update on when Home will be updated to allow transfers into Scarlet and Violet? Last I checked it went from "spring" to "early 2023". I'm wondering when "early 2023" starts and ends. Or if they'll even announce a date, or just drop a the update on us without an announcement.

For the DLC Pokemon, do we have a full leaked list yet for which comes are coming with each specific DLC?

One small quality of life update I'd like is more than 32 boxes. Brilliant Diamond and Pearl had 40 boxes, I am not sure why Scarlet and Violet decided to stay with 32.

Is there any update on when Home will be updated to allow transfers into Scarlet and Violet? Last I checked it went from "spring" to "early 2023". I'm wondering when "early 2023" starts and ends. Or if they'll even announce a date, or just drop a the update on us without an announcement.

For the DLC Pokemon, do we have a full leaked list yet for which comes are coming with each specific DLC?

One small quality of life update I'd like is more than 32 boxes. Brilliant Diamond and Pearl had 40 boxes, I am not sure why Scarlet and Violet decided to stay with 32.
They've just announced that there's gonna be an update for SV in late April, so...

No, otherwise all the dates that list Early/Spring 2023 (incidentally, the VIvillon page on the official website still states Spring 2023) would list the date.
We have no indication on when they'll announce the update

The only leak we have is the scrubbed dex entries likely pointing to the majority of the leaked Pokemon. It was posted in like 4 spearate places including a dedicated thread here (that also editorialized and added all the legendary pokemon).

There is no indication of which DLC those Pokemon will come with.

"Spring" is March-May, "early" is "January-April".

And, SV do not need an update for HOME compatibility. HOME needs the update instead, to be able to touch saves of different games.
I assume there is data missing for some of the transfer only Pokemon. I know the data is in there for a lot of the Pokemon, but I assume some are not fully implemented. But maybe they are. Makes sense if they update both together.

I assume there is data missing for some of the transfer only Pokemon. I know the data is in there for a lot of the Pokemon, but I assume some are not fully implemented. But maybe they are. Makes sense if they update both together.
There is no missing data for the transfer only pokemon in SV. If you hack them in, they are fully functional.

You are assuming things without a basis. Issuian Zoroark was shown in the very first day we knew of SV. They all work.

They did change the base stats to their Legends selves, as earlier versions of SV had changed some of those. But that's not a "not fully implemented".

Does anything in Datamine allow use to check how Galarian Slowpoke evolves? Unlike a lot of form changers, they rely on an item that so far I think is unique to IoA in Gen 8.

Go has a different evolution mechanic (Catch 30 Poison Pokemon, or Psychic for Community Day, while it's your Buddy), did Gen 9 change the method, or keep it while the Galarica accessories aren't accessible (perhaps pending their release)? Want to figure out if I should evolve the Specimens in Go that I plan to send to Home first (Skipped Gen 8 so can't send them to Galar to evolve there)

Does anything in Datamine allow use to check how Galarian Slowpoke evolves? Unlike a lot of form changers, they rely on an item that so far I think is unique to IoA in Gen 8.

Go has a different evolution mechanic (Catch 30 Poison Pokemon, or Psychic for Community Day, while it's your Buddy), did Gen 9 change the method, or keep it while the Galarica accessories aren't accessible (perhaps pending their release)? Want to figure out if I should evolve the Specimens in Go that I plan to send to Home first (Skipped Gen 8 so can't send them to Galar to evolve there)
Still just uses the Galarica accessories.

I imagine that you'll be able to buy them from the auction house like all the legendary items, though i suppose it remains to be seen if they treat them as one offs or not. Ideally they'd put them in the item pool like everything else but, we'll see I guess.

REGIONAL VARIANT EVOLUTION METHOD CHECK INS!

ALOLA:
Meowth still evolves by happiness at night
Grimer & Diglett still evolve by level up

Pikachu cannot evolve into Alolan Raichu. Nothing is set up for it.

GALAR:
Slowpoke still evolves by the Galarica items, which are not currently available. I suspect they'll be available for purchase in the auction house, though I suppose we could have a dataminer double check? Otherwise we're just not evolving them until DLC unless an update coincides to home to add them to the pool. The items themselves are in the game ,at least.

HISUI:
Growlithe still uses Fire Stone
Voltorb still uses Leaf Stone
Sneasel still uses Razor Claw during the Day
Basculin still uses the recoil damage method (294 as a reminder). The initial set of data for Basculin-H accidentally pointed its evolution at an Egg, but they fixed that in an early patch.

Quilava, Dewott, Petilil, Rufflet, Bergmite, Dartrix cannot evolve into their Hisuian final forms. Nothing is set up for it.

Qwilfish-H, Stantler, Scyther & Ursaring cannot evolve into their new evolutions. They all share a unique, presumed placeholder, evolution method but it doesn't do anything at this juncture. Speculated that you'll get to do something with that in the DLC, but currently even once Home hits you likely wont be able to evolve them barring an update to the game. So uh, make sure you get an Overqwil before transferring I suppose.

Goomy is a bit of an outlier itself. Despite not having a unique final evolution and instead having the same "split" path that folks like Pikachu or Rufflet have, it does account for Hisuian Sliggoo. It uses the same "method" as the quartet but unlike them also checks an extra (unknown) Parameter.
Misread the situation, it has an alternate method that uses that placeholder with the Parameter check, but it's not directed to Sliggoo-H

Last edited:
REGIONAL VARIANT EVOLUTION METHOD CHECK INS!

ALOLA:
Meowth still evolves by happiness at night
Grimer & Diglett still evolve by level up

Pikachu cannot evolve into Alolan Raichu. Nothing is set up for it.

GALAR:
Slowpoke still evolves by the Galarica items, which are not currently available. I suspect they'll be available for purchase in the auction house, though I suppose we could have a dataminer double check? Otherwise we're just not evolving them until DLC unless an update coincides to home to add them to the pool. The items themselves are in the game ,at least.

HISUI:
Growlithe still uses Fire Stone
Voltorb still uses Leaf Stone
Sneasel still uses Razor Claw during the Day
Basculin still uses the recoil damage method (294 as a reminder). The initial set of data for Basculin-H accidentally pointed its evolution at an Egg, but they fixed that in an early patch.

Quilava, Dewott, Petilil, Rufflet, Bergmite, Dartrix cannot evolve into their Hisuian final forms. Nothing is set up for it.

Qwilfish-H, Stantler, Scyther & Ursaring cannot evolve into their new evolutions. They all share a unique, presumed placeholder, evolution method but it doesn't do anything at this juncture. Speculated that you'll get to do something with that in the DLC, but currently even once Home hits you likely wont be able to evolve them barring an update to the game. So uh, make sure you get an Overqwil before transferring I suppose.

Goomy is a bit of an outlier itself. Despite not having a unique final evolution and instead having the same "split" path that folks like Pikachu or Rufflet have, it does account for Hisuian Sliggoo. It uses the same "method" as the quartet but unlike them also checks an extra (unknown) Parameter.
Does it actually point to Hisuian Sliggoo now? Since in previous versions, the evo data still referred to regular Sliggoo with the 'new' method.

Code:
Evolutions:
    0:
        Level: 40
        Condition: LEVELUP
        Parameters: [0, 0, 0, 0]
        Species: Sliggoo
        Form: 0
    1:
        Level: 0
        Condition: UNKNOWN_61
        Parameters: [1, 0, 0, 0]

Does it actually point to Hisuian Sliggoo now? Since in previous versions, the evo data still referred to regular Sliggoo with the 'new' method.

Code:
Evolutions:
    0:
        Level: 40
        Condition: LEVELUP
        Parameters: [0, 0, 0, 0]
    1:
        Level: 0
        Condition: UNKNOWN_61
        Parameters: [1, 0, 0, 0]
Double checking, this was my mistake, I misread the Form: 0 as Form: 1

Ursaring and Scyther both evolve by using an item, so all in all shouldn't be as troublesome as it is. Stantler and Qwilfish, well, using a move X times IS used for Primeape, so it also ought to be easy enough. Hoping they get on to it soon enough.

Speaking of that quartet, I've seen these claims on Bulbapedia for some time now:
  • Ursaring, Stantler, and Hisuian Qwilfish's evolution requirements, as well as Scyther's evolution into Kleavor are all programmed into Pokémon Scarlet and Violet and are even affected by the Eviolite item. However, the methods are turned off, preventing the Pokémon from evolving. Ursaring is programmed to evolve into Ursaluna through usage of a Peat Block. / Stantler is programmed to evolve into Wyrdeer by level up after using the move Psyshield Bash 20 times. / Hisuian Qwilfish is programmed to evolve into Overqwil when leveling up after using Barb Barrage 20 times. / Scyther is programmed to evolve into Kleavor through usage of a Black Augurite.
And I have no idea if there's any basis to this. I have kinda just assumed someone figured out their evo methods by looking elsewhere in the code than the evo data.

GALAR:
Wanted to come back to this, Anubis had a whole thread talking about how auctions worked and had a full document for it and confirmed the Galarica items are just not in the auctions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...L7ikDYTmaKw7JfyxnX-5SNEj00UfYCov7QFk/pubhtml#

So we're in the "maybe there will be an update alongside home" to "wait for DLC to maybe have them" sliding scale of optimism

Does anyone have datamines regarding xy positions of overworld items? I am currently working on a map, but looking for every item individually would take months.

Khu leaked something regarding the Terastal forms.
It seems (considering that he mentions that this is a mix of a fake and real leak) that either

A. The Pokémon who get them will be weaing special masks/hats
or
B. The 7 star raid picks are hints towards who will get them
Khu never outright leaks things like this, so I don't think these 6 Pokémon are going to be all of the ones who get them (Although Charizard/Pikachu are probably getting them lol) so I imagine option B is potentially what is happening. But other than the raids just being starters (sans Pikachu) there's not a lot connecting them together. Obvi Decidueye, Samurott and then Typhlosion are the Hisuian starters, maybe they'll get them? (The Hisui starters I mean)

Khu never outright leaks things like this, so I don't think these 6 Pokémon are going to be all of the ones who get them (Although Charizard/Pikachu are probably getting them lol) so I imagine option B is potentially what is happening. But other than the raids just being starters (sans Pikachu) there's not a lot connecting them together. Obvi Decidueye, Samurott and then Typhlosion are the Hisuian starters, maybe they'll get them? (The Hisui starters I mean)
Actually, why not both.

The hint could actually just be that all the pokemon specifically released via the 7 star raids are meant to receive these "special teras", including future releases.

There has been a recent update to Scarlet and Violet. Seems fairly limited. Anything new that could be data-mined for this latest update? And do we have any other indications on when Home will be updated?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)