bugmaniacbob
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks for all your help with my amchecking! n_n
    bugmaniacbob
    bugmaniacbob
    oho, you made it onto the team? Congrats!

(remember not to burn out, that's always important)
    Kingler
    Kingler
    hmm kk n_n
    bob is back, rejoice

also by any chance are you /u/StorytellerBob on reddit? both of you are bobs, and both have a penchant for LONG posts
    bugmaniacbob
    bugmaniacbob
    Nope, don't use reddit

On another note, I didn't realise you were badged now. Belated congrats.
    a fairy
    a fairy
    Yeah, thanks!
    In the throh thread, in the starting line you missed out on 'Attack stat' after solid. I'd fix that up :)
    The reason i made the supportive-supporting mistake is that i copied it and looked over quickly x_x so didn't change that. Looking back on that, i feel quite stupid. also yeah, i implemented the gp check from earlier, just wanted to reduce my postcount since it's kinda huge
    x_x guess that check went to waste LOL
    bugmaniacbob
    bugmaniacbob
    Eh, not really. It's an amcheck, so it wouldn't have counted anyway, and you get the practice and the kudos points for GP team membership regardless

And now that I look back there were very few errors that both of us got - we both picked up on errors that the other missed. So all in all, not a bad arrangement
    Kingler
    Kingler
    yay
    well, everything is practice so that counts i guess ^_^
    Hey, so could you GP rampardos? It's in the fifth gen GP queue. I think I've covered the grammar fairly well, but the prose might need working.
    Kingler
    Kingler
    thanks for the check! however, aforementioned is generally frowned upon in analyses, so i used 'previously mentioned' instead of it ^_^
    bugmaniacbob
    bugmaniacbob
    Huh. Didn't know that. I remember when I was the only guy who used it. Or something. Oh well.
    Kingler
    Kingler
    yeah, some phrases have become really overused, stuff like crux of 'x' set, aforementioned, etc. I think in gen5 there are threads about that :)
    Oh you're back to GPing stuff now? Welcome back!

(I myself haven't been C&C GPing lol.)
    bugmaniacbob
    bugmaniacbob
    Hey, thanks! Nice to see part of the old GP guard still around, even if they aren't still checking...
    what do you think of my amchecks :)
    bugmaniacbob
    bugmaniacbob
    Pshaw, that's the trouble with this new generation of gp checkers - too soft to improve writing that needs improving. Or maybe I'm just pedantic to a fault. Either way, if you're interested I think I wrote a Smog article on prose checking a few years ago, you could look that up if you're interested.

Man I sound old talking like this
    Kingler
    Kingler
    lol
    Well, what should i look up in google
    or i'll just browse through the smog which edition
    Hey, would you mind elaborating on your post in the standards a bit? 99% of what I have was just copied from the old one, so I'm not sure of the general form each sentence should be in. Could you tell me that so I can go line-by-line and standardize them?
    bugmaniacbob
    bugmaniacbob
    ...personally I prefer "x)." but the thread had plenty of "x.)" and even "x.)." so that should also be fixed.

If there's anything specific you wanted me to elaborate on from the post I made send me a message, but do note that I've just come back from a year-long absence and so you probably know more about current standards than I do.

As an aside, congratulations on the teardrop (I only just noticed, sorry).
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    By bracket you mean parentheses, right? And following what you said, I shouldn't start sentences with parentheses, I get that. Are you saying I should or should not have periods at the end of the brackets?
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I like periods outside the bracket, so I'll go with your first suggestion. I'll set everything to that standard as soon as I can.

Also thanks :)
    bugmaniacbob, I took over your OU index while you're gone. However, it's really confusing what each section is grouping. May you mind answering a few questions for me?

What do you count towards General Revamps and Updates? There's currently nothing under QC / GP but you count 12 on-site and 13 total?

Under the list of OPs, why don't you list the analyses of now banned Pokemon? Genesect is now banned, so should I remove Genesect from PK Gaming's list? Also Garchomp is now OU now, so should I add Chou Toshio's original analyses onto his list?
    Sorry to see you go :\ Your an awesome person! It wasn't that big of a mistake :'(
    Sad to see you go like this. You're a great poster who just made one mistake. :(
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…