Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I struggle to find a more well deserved badge acquisition on the site
    antemortem
    antemortem
    ^ gz, mister statistician!
    Marty
    Marty
    Thank you, sirs!
    Hi, bit of a “I’m curious” question - if you do chose, could you insert a mon pretty much anywhere in stats? Or would it be impossible to tamper with?
    Marty
    Marty
    Not sure what you mean exactly, but to falsify one Pokemon's stats you'd have to do it in every single file for that format; it would just be an obnoxious amount of effort.
    Nightingales
    Nightingales
    Ah, alright, that makes sense. Thank you!
    what’s a piece of advice for improving in the field of “not getting baited by trolls”?
    Marty
    Marty
    That message only makes sense to the people who had their posts deleted by replying to the troll post which was also deleted.
    viet noa
    viet noa
    i think i can get what u mean, ty
    Hi Marty, at the moment there are many Pokemon in the lower tiers that should belong to higher tiers. Thus, I suggest having full tier shifts and starting 3-month cycle from February to May, or even quick rises only on 1 Feb, will allow these Pokemon to rise to the tier where they belong, thereby better reflecting Smogon usage-based tiers as a whole.
    Marty
    Marty
    Hi, I've been pulling usage stats every two days this month and it's not actually as many Pokemon as you might think. Every time I check, a Pokemon disappears from the "full tier shift" list, so the tiers are balancing out nicely. A quick rise for the first month would be at 8.83%, and currently nothing relevant has reached that threshold. It's also poor form to be moving the goalposts at this point.
    shooting star
    shooting star
    Ok, thanks for the clarification.
    hi there! in the next usage stats update coming in a few months, would it be okay if you posted the zu usage stats? if not, would it be ok if i replied to the thread posting zu’s usage stats?
    viet noa
    viet noa
    admittedly though, the most i could probably do is just send a link to the usage stats. i don’t know how to make that stats table that you use, lol
    Marty
    Marty
    ZU stats come out with every other format when smogon.com/stats is updated. It takes much longer to run a whole month than for those 15-day shifts we did, so realistically this is never going to happen soon after I post the thread, because everything else is still processing for several hours after that. You can expect them to go up at some point on the first of the month, as usual.
    viet noa
    viet noa
    aw alrighty, tysm for letting me know!! :)
    I think Pokémon that were just unbanned from a tier shouldn’t drop down on the same month. RU has become a huge dumpster-fire thanks to Pokémon that were just unbanned dropping.
    Marty
    Marty
    Under normal circumstances I agree, but they were unbanned at the exact same time UU got its drops from OU, so it's representative of the current meta.
    BluewolfZ
    BluewolfZ
    Just watch everything rise back up.
    hi! i was wondering if there was a way to view stats for random battles because i wanted to see how many battles there are per month like the other metas and also if for some reason a certain pokemon gets loaded more often than the others
    Marty
    Marty
    Sorry, random formats are explicitly excluded from having the stats scripts run on them because it almost doubles the time it takes, and the data is mostly useless anyway. The most that ever happens is running partial scripts on one or two days for rebalancing purposes.
    How'd you make Teddimajor? Did you use some online combiner tool or did you sprite it yourself. It was really funny and a remarkably good sprite.
    Marty
    Marty
    Thanks! I found that Beartic's arms worked well with Ursaring's sprite without much effort. Then I wanted to replace the head but Teddiursa sprites mostly have it tilted or with its paw in its mouth, so I just used the ears and kept Ursaring's face which turned out funnier. Lastly I took Pangoro's bamboo shoot from the Gen 5 style sprite on PS and called it a day. Used nothing but MS Paint, took about 15 minutes.
    Sijih
    Sijih
    Very cool!
    Hello,
    I am doing a data visualization project on pokemons and I wanted to do a visualization where one can choose a pokémon and directly see which other pokemon it can beat or which other pokemon beats it in a 1v1. I was wondering if such a dataset exist. If not I am wondering if any of you know of a furmula that would give the winner in such a scenario.

Thank you in advance for your answer! :)
    Why do you still use 20:3:1 weighting? Is there any way to change this policy?
    Marty
    Marty
    Because it was decided near the beginning of this year to close out the gen with it in that policy review thread. Doesn't make sense to move the goalposts a few months away from Gen 8. There will be adjustments coming soon™.
    sumwun
    sumwun
    Can Smogon make changes that become effective during Generation 8?
    Marty
    Marty
    Yeah, hence "adjustments coming soon".
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…