Battle Royale Act V - LET THE BATTLE BEGIN! [Won by McMeghan]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lets be real, Bloo will approve this anyway, this was suppoed to be hosted in Nov (6 months annual tournament) but I was sick and so I am just saving time as this interferes with no other tournaments.

IMPORTANT: All information regarding the times you need to follow will be recorded at the very bottom of this thread.

Introduction
Hello and welcome to the fifth installment of Battle Royale. This tournament was created to not only test your battling abilities, but your wits and your ability to overcome all odds to win.

Battle Royale is a movie and a Manga about 42 high school students who are taken to an island, given a bag containing food, water, and a randomly selected weapon. You the participants of this tournament and those teenagers have a common goal, your goal is to survive.

Explanation of Tournament
Throughout the next 2 weeks, 42 of you will challenge each other at will in the IRC channel #battleroyale. Battles may not be declined as this is a free for all, you may challenge whoever you want whenever you want. You may not avoid battles, and there are rules to avoid doing so. The tournament ends when there is 1 lone survivor. If there is not 1 person left after 2 weeks, then there is no winner. Challenges may ONLY be issued in the IRC channel and nowhere else. This is OU and one loss to your opponent means you are out, may the best and smartest battler emerge victorious!

Rules

• IRC is REQUIRED! This is a 42 man free for all, the deadline is 2 weeks, rounds will not be established in this contest

• If you are challenged by your opponent on the Battle Royale IRC channel, you must accept. Since this is a free for all, scouting is allowed, however there will be a 30 minute window from your last battle and your next challenge(when there is 2 days remaining, it will be limited to a 5 minute window.) This is there to avoid people scouting and automatically challenging another individual to gain the win. You must play on the Smogon server with spectators allowed. If the server is down you may use another server.

• There is also a 5 minute prep time between the challenge issued and the start of the battle, this way you can make any last minute modifications to your team.
  • Challenges must be issued on the Battle Royale channel and no where else, as to avoid dispute between people ignoring challenges.
  • The format for challenging someone is BR Challenge: (insert users name here)(BW OU2)
  • Do NOT! join the Battle Royale IRC if you can not battle at that time. I can not stress this enough, if you go afk on the IRC and are challenged, you will be viewed as Match Dodging and will be given a strike. 3 strikes means you are eliminated.
  • NEW RULE: If you log onto the Battle Royale channel, you MAY NOT leave until 5 minutes after you enter. This is to avoid scouting which opponents are on.
  • The 42 battlers accepted will be hand picked by Bloo, and myself. We are not only looking for battling ability, but excellent attitude, and the ability to be on often as well.
  • Among the battlers of this tournament, there will also be a select few of people who will be enforcers, meaning they will enforce the rules of this tournament, and sort out issues if it looks like someone is match dodging. If you would like to be an enforcer, post here, they will also be chosen by Bloo and myself.
  • There is a 2 week time limit, if there is not 1 survivor by that time limit then everyone will be eliminated and there will be no winner.
  • And most importantly, there will be a 48 hour time window for getting at least 1 battle done, meaning I expect everyone to have a battle done in 2 days from the OP post. If you fail to do so in those 2 days, you risk being disqualified. (NOTE: Once you get your first battle done, you don't have to battle until that 48 hour limit ends, however if you are challenged you must accept)
  • The only tier this year is BW OU2
  • The last two men standing will either do 1 BW OU2 match or a BO3 in BW OU2
  • Current Bans DO take place, meaning Genosect and Tornadus-T

McMeghan, has an automatic spot if he wishes to participate being the previous winner. He may choose which character he wants.

Participants

Moet

McMeghan

CTC

WhiteQueen

Aqualouis

Ciele

Jayde

Xtrashine

Rewer

Lady_Bug

Davidness

Taylor

idiotfrommars

Lavos Spawn

Bad Ass

Soulwind

Harsha

B-Lulz

BKC

Eo Ut Mortus

Hantsuki

Django

Nachos

Myzozoa

Bloo

Shakeitup

199 Lives

Windsong

GaryTheGengar

Princess Brii

Ojama

Gr8stard

Ginku

LizardMan

Vinc2612

Chase

Valentine

Limitless

CrashinBoomBang

Golden Sun

MarceloDK

Dragonuser

Substitution rule: If by the first 2 days someone has not done a battle, they will be substituted out for another user. That user then has 24 hours to do a match. Here is a list of substitutes and who goes in will be decided by a RNG. There is no order.

Everyone I accept will receive a character, wear them proudly!

Standard OU rules apply!

SPREADSHEET
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlKeHEaNwJhjdGV4b18zU1hQSHAxSW5qanAxOXhFZUE#gid=0
Battle Royale 5's Spreadsheet
http://tinyurl.com/bw5deud
(Battle Royale 4's Spreadsheet)

The channel on mIRC is #battleroyale
Feel free to ask any questions if you are unsure of something.

NOTE: If you are a participant in this tournament, whether a player or enforcer, you MUST use an IRC name that is identical to your forum name, if that name is taken, make it VERY similar to it.

Important Information:
Stone_Cold
MikeDecIsHere
(anyone else can ask to be an enforcer)
Enforcers will be on at all times and if you are a participant, please notify one of them and they will give you Voice. This is important to distinguish participants from random spectators in the channel.

Imporant Times
- This will last 2 weeks.
- Starts on Wednesday at 8pm EST. 1/23/13
- 1/26/13 8pm EST = first deadline, 1 match must be done by every participant by then.
- If 1 match isn't done, people will be eliminated and subs will be handed out by 9pm EST on 1/26. They have until 9pm EST on 1/27 to have a match done or they will be eliminated.
- Every 2 days each person must have a battle done and if a winner isn't a decided in 2 weeks time, everyone is eliminated.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
<3 stone_cold & bloo

happy hunger game, beeyotches. and may the odds be ever in your favor...ever in your favor

once i put the beating on bri and cause him/her immense anal pain this wednesday night, my job here is complete. anything extra will be a bonus

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
i actually find princess bri cute, not gonna lie..
and thanks for popularizing my sister valentine

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
holy shit we can use genesect.

does everyone who participated in last years battle royale also have the same person who they represented in the picture? cos im one handsome fucking dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)