1v1 1v1 Classic: Information & Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
stolen from smogon classic thread I think
approved by The Immortal
was told I could host it here so don't kill me
art by Ciran

1v1_PyukumukuMimikyu-1.png
Welcome to the Second edition of 1v1 Classic. This tournament celebrates the old gens of 1v1. Players will compete in separate tournaments for the ADV, DPP, BW and ORAS generations, culminating in a play-offs where players will face in three generations with the higher seed eliminating one of them, each one of the series will be a bo3.

The format consists of four separate tournaments: The ORAS Cup, The BW Cup, The DPP Cup, The ADV Cup. Each tournament is single elimination, best of five. Depending on your performance in a Cup, you will be awarded points. The point system is the same as the one used in Smogon Tour (see this for further explanation). When all the Cups have been finished, the twelve players, first four getting a bye, (subjected to change depending on player count) with the most points will advance to the play-offs.

Signups for each Cup will be posted a week after the signups for the previous Cup with each signup lasting an entire week. The hosts are allowed to play in the tournament that they are administering, as long as they elect someone else trustworthy to create pairings or use the Smogon bracket maker. Here is the list of the four Cups with the names of the hosts and the dates each signup thread will be posted:

Resources:
BW and ORAS Resources
DPP and ADV banlist are in their respective sign-up thread

Last edited:
adv finally seeing some action yea!!!!!!
i dont remember but I'm 99% sure we banned lax and that cune was on the chopping block aswell, i hope it stays that way

e: this is not where you post in.

Last edited:

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There's still 2 cups but the outcome of both cups won't affect the qualifying of the last 3 seeds, which contain 4 people tied with 7 points, therefore we will begin the tie breaker early to save time. The tiebreaker consists in a simple bo3, a gen a game, with the person that went the highest in a cup removes one generation to make it a bo3. So if the highest (seed) removes ORAS, the bo3 will be, 1 adv, 1 dpp and 1 bw. The winners of first round, goes to the playoffs, then the losers play and the winner of the losers clinch the last spot.
sheet

Tie-Breaker:
DEG vs WhalemanCheng
Solerme vs We
https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/565/

Solerme and WhalemanCheng decides which generation to remove from their respective games.

r1 tiebreaker deadline:
Friday 1 feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)