Metagame 1v1 OMs

Its biggest downside is an unavoidable loss to Heatran and Celesteela
Metagross can defeat most things that it can take tank hits from (including Heatran
Umm, does it beat Heatran or not?
(This is an analysis of Megagross in TC Steel.)

Umm, does it beat Heatran or not?
(This is an analysis of Megagross in TC Steel.)
My bad, didn’t quite implement GC right before and left some holes in. It beats all sets but Eruption (or if it’s bulkier than normal).

1v1 UU
Managed by UnleashOurPassion
1v1 UU (1v1 UnderUsed) is a 1v1 submeta where any Pokémon with above 3.406367107% usage are banned. This means you'll have to use teams without the top tier threats you're used to

Bans: 1v1 banlist, Gyarados-Mega, Porygon-Z, Charizard-Mega-X, Mawile-Mega, Lopunny-Mega, Greninja, Charizard-Mega-Y, Metagross-Mega, Magnezone, Dragonite, Venusaur-Mega, Zygarde, Tapu Lele, Magearna, Aegislash, Zeraora, Tapu Fini, Gardevoir-Mega, Victini, Mew, Donphan, Kommo-o
Unbans: -

Resources
Coming soon

Note: The banlist I have is possibly outdated but nobody bothered updating me so this is the latest I have
Does Jirachi being unbanned affect this in any way?

For AAA 1v1, it should work like standard AAA where abilities are only banned for mons that don't learn them naturally (except for stuff like Moody ofc). For example, Sturdy Donphan should still be legal. It might be easier to set the format as AAA and work from there than to try to make it work from 1v1. Not sure if that would be easy to implement though.

Last edited:
Also, I'd seriously like to suggest banning Spore from AAA 1v1; Prankster Spore is nearly impossible to beat unless you're Grass / Dark. And Breloom has Mach Punch.

Last edited:
ya missed the goat mon, not my set but w/e
Ability: Truant
Use Skill Swap and Protect and essentially prevent your opponent from moving. Killer strategy and I've seen it used successfully quite a few times in AAA 1v1 tours for the past few months. Kinda loses to protect and other shenanigans but whatever.

ok now pqs can not triple post ra ra

• Love
Reactions: pqs
I guess I'll drop some mons I've been using for AAA.

Weavile is really strong with Refrigerate/Adaptability. (Haven't tried Adaptability yet, but it doesn't sound awful.) Refrigerate Fake Out can actually nail some KOs on faster mons/scarfers, and Weavile's a nice reliable answer to Breloom. Double Edge can do a ton and Darkinium Z can give you another powerful STAB.

Drizzle Mega Swampert is a better weather setter than Zard X imo. It's very fast in rain, and Rain-boosted Waterfalls are very strong. Ice Punch can help against Grass mons.

People have already talked about how Breloom is good. pqs stole my set.

Reactions: pqs
LC 1v1 leadership was moved to Poison Adhesive as the old leader hasn't provided any updates in a long time despite reportedly being urged to do so multiple times
I've done everything you asked. I've messaged Passion multiple times. And now out of the blue I'm removed. No DMs saying hey. Joker can you do something about this. Hey Joker where's the changes. Quote made changes. He's messaged me this. I have logs. But did he update the post? No. I'm not a mod. It wasn't my post. Like ffs, I do so much and you remove me and don't even communicate.

I've done everything you asked. I've messaged Passion multiple times. And now out of the blue I'm removed. No DMs saying hey. Joker can you do something about this. Hey Joker where's the changes. Quote made changes. He's messaged me this. I have logs. But did he update the post? No. I'm not a mod. It wasn't my post. Like ffs, I do so much and you remove me and don't even communicate.

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So there will be some changes towards how 1v1LC will operate from now on so ill be going through just some of them. First and Foremost, I am welcoming Quote as Co-Leader for 1v1LC as he has a lot of knowledge in terms of LC spreads which will be beneficial moving forward. Secondly, we are changing the ban list to the following:
1566406427307.png
1v1LC Official Banlist
1566406826425.png

Bans: 1v1 Banlist, LC Banlist
Unbans: Cranidos, Gothita, Hippopotas, Trapinch, Vulpix
Reasonings for each Pokemon:
- Although Cranidos seems broken on paper due to its immense Attack stat, it loses to common Ground-types such as Drilbur and Mudbray and bulky pokemon such as Foongus and Hippopotas.
- The only reason Gothita was banned in LC was due to its ability Shadow Tag and seeing as Shadow Tag doesn't work in LC1V1 it renders the Pokemon useless as a whole.
- Hippopotas looks to be threatening on one hand due to it having the combination of Yawn + Protect, however seeing as it's only a Ground-type it makes it vulnerable to a large amount of Water-, Ice - and Grass-types such as Staryu, Vulpix-Alola and Snivy within the tier.
- Trapinch while having a huge 100 Attack stat is just too slow in order to capitalize upon it whilst also being exposed to a large amount of Water-, Grass- and Ice-types within the tier although given the right matchup can become a threat with Sheer Force.
- Vulpix is a great pokemon as a whole in the tier however it remains reliant on Sun as a whole and can't use Sun as an archetype like in LC to help other teammates and struggles to beat scarf Pokemon such as Cranidos and Sturdy-mons like Tirtouga and Dwebble.
Finally, we are revamping the sample teams so if you have a sample team you want to show us post and we'll rate them to see if they are sample team quality thank you very much n_n.

Attachments

Update:

I know Poison Adhesive will do a great job in 1v1 LC improving on the groundwork I laid. We've decided to keep everything that was discussed upon by Quote. As for myself, we've come to an agreement that I will still be hands on with the metagame but in a more controlled environment where I won't have to do everything myself. As this metagame continues to grow & be well received. I look forward to the future endeavors this will bring us as we move onward to Generation 8! - Joker <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)