The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.

Tapu Lele- Win Needs Flash Cannon

A Rank

Gardevoir-Mega - Win if no focus blast Needs Flash Cannon

Magnezone - Mostly Win Needs to have Rock Tomb + Dodge Zap Cannon

Meloetta - Win if no Focus blast Loses

B+ Rank

Jumpluff - Win if taunt (and don't get totally wrecked by sleep turns) Grassium bypasses Taunt

Primarina - Win What?

Sableye-Mega - Win What?

Togekiss- Win Kinda loses to Z-Thunder Wave

B Rank

Kartana- Win
252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Heatran: 332-392 (102.7 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lopunny-Mega - Win What?

Pinsir-Mega - Win if EQ lose if CC You actually eat CC

Porygon2 - Win if taunt You can actually still get KO'd before you KO them

Volcarona - Win With Rock Tomb

B- Rank

Camerupt-Mega - Win Requires some dancing around, since they can 2HKO with Ancient Power into Earth Power and Yawn + Protect

Deoxys-S - Win if taunt With Rock Tomb (loses to Specs)

Kyurem - Win Ice Beam into Earth Power wins, since they eat Flash Cannon

Latias-Mega - Win (I think, what sets do these run nowadays?) No Latias runs mono status

Magneton - Mostly win Same deal as Magnezone

Vivillon - Win if you don't get bodied by sleep turns Requires Taunt

Zapdos - Never faced this on ladder I have no idea lmfao Lose

C+ Rank

Gigalith- Win With Flash Cannon

Heracross-Mega - Win Depends on who's faster

Latios -Win Depends on moveset
regice.png

Regice - Mostly win Requires Taunt

Salamence - Beats Outrage, DDance, IDefense, Roost and scarf variants Requires Taunt + Flash Cannon

Umbreon - Win if taunt Umbreon actually wins with Z-Moonlight to bypass Taunt and Foul Plays to death

C Rank
aerodactyl-mega.png

Aerodactyl-Mega - Win Flash Cannon

Buzzwole - Lose Depends on Speed

Darmanitan - Win if no Superpower (or if it's endure custap Zen Mode rofl) You eat a Superpower

Marowak-Alola - mostly win Low Kick is death

Rhyperior - Win Assault Vest eats multiple Flash Cannon and Banded/Z move Wreck you

C- Rank

Alakazam-Mega - Lose if focus blast Encore Disable also beat you, for the most part

Hydreigon - mostly Win With Flash Cannon vs Scarf and assuming you don't get flinched or crit at all-

Muk-Alola - Win if EP Taunt

D Rank

Ampharos-Mega - Win Focus Blast eats you

Breloom - Win only if you're Timid
lilligant.png

Lilligant - Win Taunt
riolu.png

Riolu - Win Taunt

Roserade - Win Taunt

Did some fixes.

Personally, I find Heatran to be way too stretched between its 4 moveslots to be worthy of A-
The fact that you need Taunt and Flash Cannon for so many matchups mean you inevitably have to sacrifice something between Rock Tomb, Earth Power, and Overheat.

This is moreso just speculation, but an optimal set could perhaps be Ancient Power, Overheat, Flash Cannon, and Taunt?

Ancient Power typically covers the Charizard combo you previously needed Rock Tomb + Earth Power for, so long as you have sufficient bulk and special attack, thus freeing a moveslot so you can get all your essentials packed in. You do sacrifice a couple of Rock Tomb matchups, sadly.

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
Personally, I find Heatran to be way too stretched between its 4 moveslots to be worthy of A-
then we have magearna at s- with the same 4 moveslots (specs and other shit dont count bcz tran can run grassz steelz groundz all of em it aint even an issue)

Reactions: dom

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
then we have magearna at s- with the same 4 moveslots (specs and other shit dont count bcz tran can run grassz steelz groundz all of em it aint even an issue)
The argument was that Tran wants to be able to run more than 4 moves. When it can't run Earth Power, Rock Tomb (Ancient Power), Flash Cannon, HP Ice, Taunt, or Metal Sound it misses out on certain matchups. Magearnas 4 work well for it - it beats what it wants to with them and isn't stretched on moveslots. If Heatran could use all of those moves+Overheat at the same time, it would be every bit as good as Magearna, but because it can't, each individual Heatran set has an opportunity cost, unlike Magearna.

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
The argument was that Tran wants to be able to run more than 4 moves. When it can't run Earth Power, Rock Tomb (Ancient Power), Flash Cannon, HP Ice, Taunt, or Metal Sound it misses out on certain matchups. Magearnas 4 work well for it - it beats what it wants to with them and isn't stretched on moveslots. If Heatran could use all of those moves+Overheat at the same time, it would be every bit as good as Magearna, but because it can't, each individual Heatran set has an opportunity cost, unlike Magearna.
if u find urself in teambuilding that u need more than 4 moves on ur heatran ur not building right. Heatran is meant to close the gaps in the team and more, and is definitely on the level of aegislash, kommo-o and fini. I completely agree that its not S- tier like magearna but it is infact A- tier worthy

I won't do entire matchups but I'll use overheat rock tomb flash cannon earth power for some quick matchups

1/3 S (zardx)
1/1 S-
3.5/5 A+ (beats scarf pz, loses to bulky zconv, beats metagross lele and zardy)
3/6 A (garde, zone and melo?)
1/5 A- (probably man Im not doing research on this LOL)

basically point is heatran god make it S++ tier, dom this is where u do my research for me

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Heatran may resist Meloetta's STABs, but it isn't rly doing anything back, on account of CM + Meloetta's massive special bulk
252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Meloetta: 78-93 (19.3 - 23%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ SpA Heatran Overheat vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Meloetta: 127-150 (31.4 - 37.1%) -- 83.4% chance to 3HKO

Meanwhile Melo kinda just eats you-
+1 0+ SpA Meloetta Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 207-245 (53.6 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0+ SpA Meloetta Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 156-184 (40.4 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Zone is also a 50/50 since hitting raw Zap Cannon > Tomb > Electroweb

That said, Heatran being stretched on moves is a big deal, since that puts it in the potential state of not having the moves you need for a given matchup, similar to running Dragonium Dragonite but running into Fairies that Flyinium would've worked against.

The most viable mons shouldn't need to rely on other Pokemon to cover their weaknesses, but rather have other Pokemon relying on them to cover weaknesses.

I'm open to have my mind changed if something like Grassium or something is much more viable than we previously thought, but as it stands, I believe Heatran is struggling to maintain its niche with mons like Tyranitar and Meloetta doing about the same, if not better.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Gonna make a nom

Magnezone
A ----> A-/B+

Magnezone has become slightly obsolete, ever since Zeraora has come on to the scene, which bodies both Magnezone itself, but also the Pokemon that Magnezone could beat alongside Pokemon Magnezone had trouble with, such as Magearna, non-Skill Swap Tapu Lele, Greninja, all Mega Gyarados Variants, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Lopunny. It's come to the point where the only niche that Zeraora does not completely outclass Magnezone with is Sturdy and the Steel typing, but those don't really lead to any high tier positive matchups, especially when Fake Out somewhat provides the same 'extra turn' utility that Sturdy provides.

Last edited:

Tapu Lele- Win Needs Flash Cannon

A Rank

Gardevoir-Mega - Win if no focus blast Needs Flash Cannon

Magnezone - Mostly Win Needs to have Rock Tomb + Dodge Zap Cannon

Meloetta - Win if no Focus blast Loses

B+ Rank

Jumpluff - Win if taunt (and don't get totally wrecked by sleep turns) Grassium bypasses Taunt

Primarina - Win What?

Sableye-Mega - Win What?

Togekiss- Win Kinda loses to Z-Thunder Wave

B Rank

Kartana- Win
252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Heatran: 332-392 (102.7 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lopunny-Mega - Win What?

Pinsir-Mega - Win if EQ lose if CC You actually eat CC

Porygon2 - Win if taunt You can actually still get KO'd before you KO them

Volcarona - Win With Rock Tomb

B- Rank

Camerupt-Mega - Win Requires some dancing around, since they can 2HKO with Ancient Power into Earth Power and Yawn + Protect

Deoxys-S - Win if taunt With Rock Tomb (loses to Specs)

Kyurem - Win Ice Beam into Earth Power wins, since they eat Flash Cannon

Latias-Mega - Win (I think, what sets do these run nowadays?) No Latias runs mono status

Magneton - Mostly win Same deal as Magnezone

Vivillon - Win if you don't get bodied by sleep turns Requires Taunt

Zapdos - Never faced this on ladder I have no idea lmfao Lose

C+ Rank

Gigalith- Win With Flash Cannon

Heracross-Mega - Win Depends on who's faster

Latios -Win Depends on moveset
regice.png

Regice - Mostly win Requires Taunt

Salamence - Beats Outrage, DDance, IDefense, Roost and scarf variants Requires Taunt + Flash Cannon

Umbreon - Win if taunt Umbreon actually wins with Z-Moonlight to bypass Taunt and Foul Plays to death

C Rank
aerodactyl-mega.png

Aerodactyl-Mega - Win Flash Cannon

Buzzwole - Lose Depends on Speed

Darmanitan - Win if no Superpower (or if it's endure custap Zen Mode rofl) You eat a Superpower

Marowak-Alola - mostly win Low Kick is death

Rhyperior - Win Assault Vest eats multiple Flash Cannon and Banded/Z move Wreck you

C- Rank

Alakazam-Mega - Lose if focus blast Encore Disable also beat you, for the most part

Hydreigon - mostly Win With Flash Cannon vs Scarf and assuming you don't get flinched or crit at all-

Muk-Alola - Win if EP Taunt

D Rank

Ampharos-Mega - Win Focus Blast eats you

Breloom - Win only if you're Timid
lilligant.png

Lilligant - Win Taunt
riolu.png

Riolu - Win Taunt

Roserade - Win Taunt

Did some fixes.

The fact that you need Taunt and Flash Cannon for so many matchups mean you inevitably have to sacrifice something between Rock Tomb, Earth Power, and Overheat.

This is moreso just speculation, but an optimal set could perhaps be Ancient Power, Overheat, Flash Cannon, and Taunt?

Ancient Power typically covers the Charizard combo you previously needed Rock Tomb + Earth Power for, so long as you have sufficient bulk and special attack, thus freeing a moveslot so you can get all your essentials packed in. You do sacrifice a couple of Rock Tomb matchups, sadly.
Heatran is an interesting mon now while torment tran is a meme and is only fun to play with, here are some other moves to try out and work around matchups:

-Overheat (damage option), Heatwave/Fire Blast (less optimal but better in the long run thanks to burns and no stat drops), Lava Plume (Either extremely bulky or stall)
-Rock tomb (Speed control and combo move, hits fire types hard), Flame Charge (higher damage, 100 acc, boosts against sub), Ancient Power (uses special attack with a 10% of a catastrophic hax), HP Rock (More PP than Ancient Power in exchange for using the hidden power slot and 10% of all stats boosting which sounds worth it)
-Flash Cannon (Stab damage option), Metal Sound (a 76.5 acc +2 Overheat is risky but strong. If up against a lele, you need two metal sounds minimum to begin out damaging flash cannon. two metal sounds outdamages on turn 3 only, three metal sounds outdamages on turn 4 only with 2 metal sounds being just behind flash cannon spam), Toxic (helps with stall especially with protect)
-Earth Power (hits opposing heatran, magnezone, zard x after reveal and more with 100% acc), Taunt (prevents some status, and set up), Protect (while it will still let z-moves pop its balloon, it can block a High jump kick or help scout what a pokemon is planning), Scary face (doesn't break sturdy and does not go through protect but if you are pulling off a set without tomb or charge and not metal sound, this might be your last speed control option - bulldoze is just not reliable even if it hits magnezone like a truck.), Will o wisp (burns as usual but with the added effect of evading synchronize and using it to boost with magic bounce)

Best options bolded

The other thing I want to mention is
Heatran
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature

This bulky heatran now loses to Magneton a majority of the time but gets an occasional win against a former guaranteed loss
252+ Atk Darmanitan Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 290-342 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
132+ SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Darmanitan: 316-374 (90 - 106.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO instead of 100%

252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Hammer Arm vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 322-380 (83.6 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
132+ SpA Heatran Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Metagross-Mega: 392-464 (107.6 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

208 Atk Choice Band Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 350-414 (90.9 - 107.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
136+ SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 48 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 239-282 (88.1 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO for those curious

252 SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 295-348 (76.6 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Camerupt is odd bc if they run yawntect, then they still have to pop the balloon and earth power giving you time to go for the kill

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1v1 VR Council Update

Councilmember dom has chosen to leave the VR Council, among other positions. We appreciate the work he put in to the VR as a whole and the opinions he presented concerning the previous VR shift.

To fill the open VR council spot, I'm actually Cash will be taking his place. Cash has been a part of the Pokemon Showdown and Smogon community for longer than most, and has had previous experience playing and laddering in several different tiers. His coolheadedness and general knowledge with competitive Pokemon will undoubtedly prove valuable in the decisions to come.

Nomming Slowbro from A to A+. I understand that, as an A rank mon, Slowbro Mega is already very well respected, but I feel like its anti-meta characteristics should allow it to move up in the rankings and also cuz Cash told me to nom something

Slowbro's hit list: Every Zard X except BD, Dragonite, Gyara without crunch (Enjoy taunt/oblivious mindgames though), sometimes Magearna "[23:50]Waylaid: Osra [23:50]Waylaid: does slowbro beat magearna [23:51] Osra: eh", non-laser focus metagross (cuz people run that ig), Tapu Lele (literally just big brain the taunt turns and psyshock threats), scarfed pz, Kommo, lando, sometimes meloetta, Altaria, Clefable, scarfed chomp, Donphan, victini, blazi, possibly crustle, Rachi, naga, Sawk, archeops, aggron, and many many many others. It's not too many to count, cuz I could count them all, but it'd take a long time, and I'm sure nobody wants to hear about how a mon being nommed for A+ can beat C ranks.

While slowbro is used much less than other A+ mons, it does not make it worse. Some mons are just used more in 1v1 as a rule, like me spamming lele on high ladder, and mons like magearna have a lower usage rate than lele. Slowbro is better against teams than it is against actual individual mons, and tears up teams from some of the best players, like yours truly. I managed to snag 1818 elo with a team that completely lost to slowbro, and even the hero of west, Elo Bandit, used a team in wc that lost to slowbro. . I also helped build it, so that's probably why. But still, slowbro is so lit and needs to be better appreciated for its litness. It's certainly better than magnezone, which can lose to every single s-rank and A+ rank, depending on sets. Our god slowbro should not be ranked the same as magnezone. honestly, magnezone is the worst. Justice for slowbro.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Nomming Slowbro from A to A+. I understand that, as an A rank mon, Slowbro Mega is already very well respected, but I feel like its anti-meta characteristics should allow it to move up in the rankings and also cuz Cash told me to nom something

Slowbro's hit list: Every Zard X except BD, Dragonite, Gyara without crunch (Enjoy taunt/oblivious mindgames though), sometimes Magearna "[23:50]Waylaid: Osra [23:50]Waylaid: does slowbro beat magearna [23:51] Osra: eh", non-laser focus metagross (cuz people run that ig), Tapu Lele (literally just big brain the taunt turns and psyshock threats), scarfed pz, Kommo, lando, sometimes meloetta, Altaria, Clefable, scarfed chomp, Donphan, victini, blazi, possibly crustle, Rachi, naga, Sawk, archeops, aggron, and many many many others. It's not too many to count, cuz I could count them all, but it'd take a long time, and I'm sure nobody wants to hear about how a mon being nommed for A+ can beat C ranks.

While slowbro is used much less than other A+ mons, it does not make it worse. Some mons are just used more in 1v1 as a rule, like me spamming lele on high ladder, and mons like magearna have a lower usage rate than lele. Slowbro is better against teams than it is against actual individual mons, and tears up teams from some of the best players, like yours truly. I managed to snag 1818 elo with a team that completely lost to slowbro, and even the hero of west, Elo Bandit, used a team in wc that lost to slowbro. . I also helped build it, so that's probably why. But still, slowbro is so lit and needs to be better appreciated for its litness. It's certainly better than magnezone, which can lose to every single s-rank and A+ rank, depending on sets. Our god slowbro should not be ranked the same as magnezone. honestly, magnezone is the worst. Justice for slowbro.
Wrong replay

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Greninja A+ > A/A-
In my opinion, one of the most important characteristics of viability is reliability, which Greninja utterly lacks. When (Specs) Greninja tries to beat Charizard, Dragonite, Kommo-o, Altaria, Mawile, Sableye, etc, it's so easily defeated by some extra SpD investment. In addition to SpD investment, Greninja can also be surprised by scarfers like Dragonite, Porygon-Z, Landorus-T, Garchomp, Genesect, and Victini. For this reason, while Greninja seems to have impressive matchups and does have impressive set diversity, its viability is severely hampered and shouldn't have been ranked A+ in the first place.

Primarina B+ > A-
It's often been considered that Primarina and Tapu Fini are functionally equivalent, just like Donphan and Golem used to be. This was true at the beginning of the gen, but at this point, I disagree. Primarina does many of the same things that Tapu Fini does, but it's able to do it while hitting hard with a SubTorrent Z move. Encore lets it stallbreak nearly as well Fini, and the niche combination of Icy Wind+Encore makes it a much better stallbreaker than Fini. On top of that, it has options in Aqua Jet to beat GolPhan and finish off mons built to tank a Z move, Z-Baby Doll Eyes to beat Dragonite while getting to invest more SpA and SpD than Waterium/Primarium can usually afford. This mons is hard to play against and is critically underrated.

Vaporeon C- > C+/B-
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Vaporeon is special, Water-type Snorlax. Checks Zards, P-Z, Gardevoir, and Zygarde and counters (with no sleep hax either way) Greninja, Metagross, Slowbro, Aegislash, and Landorus. This thing is a beast and is absolutey slept on.

Alakazam C- > C
Don't diss Big Zam. It struggles from some of the same issues as Greninja when it comes to reliability and lacks all of Greninja's flexibility, but it's currently in C- with trash like Landorus-I and Ninetales-A. Big Zam has great stallbreaking capabilities with Encore, Sub, and Magic Guard and beats a wide array of special attackers with Calm Mind+Z-Future Sight nuke.

Emboar C+ > D
If it weren't for it's poor usage and thus utter non-standardization, Emboar might be the most predictable Pokemon in all of 1v1. Its only set is Scarf with the same 4 moves and a 252/4/252+ EV spread. It faces large competition from the far more diverse Infernape, but I don't necessarily think it needs to be unranked.

Mega Garchomp C > D
As one of the few people who have used this mon, it's not very good. It loses many of the Dragon/Steel matchups base Garchomp has on account of not having an item and the Donphan/Primarina/Tapu Fini matchups it tries to gain are all unreliable. Not non-viable, but pretty bad.

Diancie D > UR
Non-Mega Diancie hasn't existed since last gen. This mon is not only unused but non-viable and shouldn't be ranked.

All to UR
It's time we clean up the bloated C and D ranks. None of these mons have even decent usage and with a couple of exceptions, they're all totally underdeveloped. They're extremely difficult to justify placing on teams and don't deserve a spot on the VR. I feel particularly strongly about Lilligant and Chandelure because they face extreme competition from Vivillon and Blacephalon, respectively.

Also, quick update on sets: I'll have a moderately sized update out in the next 20 days. I've been being too thorough on the larger update so it's taking way longer than expected, but it should be out before the end of the gen haha.

edit: Gengar UR > C-
Specs Gengar has similar matchups to Mega Gengar and trades some speed-based matchups and Hypnosis probability management for reliability and Specs Hidden Power matchups. Not great, but should be ranked at least.

Last edited:
DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH GIGALITH............ THAT THING BEATS ZARDS, DNITE, MALT, HAXORUS, PORYGON-Z, ZERAORA, LELE IF YOU PLAY IT WELL, INCIN, NAGANADEL, AND MANY OTHERS..... GETS LASER FOCUS WHICH IS LOVELY... U STAY OUTTA MA GIGALITH....

Greninja beats SableyeM and Zard with SubTorrent, and other 3 u mentioned with Icium (which is the most underrated item on it considering how Dragon-infected current meta is)... Also, most Scarf Pokemon on that list are there to beat a very sm0l number of Pokemon except like, PZ... I think we should consider solid unique-niche Pokemon instead of sudden kneejerk cteam Scarf sets looking at you, Maki's Fox)

Others, I am fine with AS LONG AS YU KEEP AWAY FROM MA BOI GIGALITH.........

No, Gigalith is not good because it has Sturdy, but actually coz it is sturdy with Sand Stream boosting its SpD...... So please do STAY CLEAR OF GIGALITH

All to UR
It's time we clean up the bloated C and D ranks. None of these mons have even decent usage and with a couple of exceptions, they're all totally underdeveloped. They're extremely difficult to justify placing on teams and don't deserve a spot on the VR. I feel particularly strongly about Lilligant and Chandelure because they face extreme competition from Vivillon and Blacephalon, respectively.
Imagine trying to put Diggersby and Trevanant in Unranked. Synonimous, tell this man what big diggs can do

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
1v1 VR Council Update

On the Last Episode of VR UPDATE
1v1 VR Council Update

We've decided to start increasing the ranks of the VR Council. Now, please welcome the one and only Elo Bandit onto the team! We're sure he will contribute greatly the 1v1 metagame discussion.

More to come? who's to sayyyyyyy oooooooo ahhhhh
This episode,,,

We are pleased to also induct lost heros into the ranks as well! He’ll be pretty awesome lmao. Brings VR Council to a nice odd 7. Wow almost like we can’t get into a tie now.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
1v1 VR Council Update

On the Last Episode of VR UPDATE

This episode,,,

We are pleased to also induct lost heros into the ranks as well! He’ll be pretty awesome lmao. Brings VR Council to a nice odd 7. Wow almost like we can’t get into a tie now.
Double posting piece of ...

Elo Bandit

youtube.com/ EloBandit
is a Community Contributor
even the hero of west, Elo Bandit, used a team in wc that lost to slowbro.
he meant that bandit's team was 3-0ed by slowbro-mega i'd imagine
I'm Belly Drum Charizard X for Slowbro, you won't 3-0 my team that easily.

On a different note, I'm very excited to be added to the VR Council. Hopefully I can represent the community accurately while adding my own unique perspectives.

Some Noms
Charizard Mega Y A+ -> S-
This thing is just so good against the meta right now, beating MGyara, Mag, Gren, Gross, Lele, Garde, Non Scarf PZ, Slowbro, Aegi, and non scarf LandoT. I used to think this thing was bad, but it's honestly so good right now, especially when the Zeraoras are all clicking bulk up t1 against a zard.

Meloetta A -> A+
With the rise of Z-Celebrate, this thing is a huge threat. Taking out otherwise problematic matchups with Uproar to bypass sub users like Pluff, this thing is seriously good right now. Combo that with Crunch usage on Gyara dropping and Melo is better than ever, Eliminating most Gyara, Zard, Magearna, Gren, Porygon Z, Lele, Garde, Zygarde, LandoT, Fini, and 50/50ing Kommo-o.

Zygarde-Complete A -> A-
Idk why this hasn't dropped yet, usage is at 0, everything beats it, right now IMO the biggest use is checking Zeraora, and while that is good it's not enough to justify it being A, especially with the rise of Serperior. It loses to arguably 8 out of the top 10 most used mons at 1630, 9 if you count icium Vic (lol).

Altaria-Mega B+ -> A-
This thing's matchups and WR in WC speak for itself. One of the few mons to beat both Zards, Gyara, and Dnite, it also has good set options from DD physical to full stall special. Moves like Fire Blast beat out would be threats like Genesect or Kartana. Which it's not great against the rest of the higher VR, where it shines is lower ranked mons where Alt plows through 22/33 of the non alt B+ through B rank mons.

Clefable B+ -> A-
Boi kinda insane. The perfect anti-meta pick, with similar matchups to Altaria while also beating Gren, Porygon-Z, Lele, and (Most) Garde.

Heatran B+ -> A-
Very very good mon, especially with the continued rise of Grassium Z and the new Firium Z (s/o osra). Just consider this, let this boi go.

Primarina B+ -> A-
My biggest WTF from last VR, this thing is similar to fini, just insane how great its set options are. Beat Magearna with encore and icy wind, or break past sub users, or beat CharY/Gren. So many options, this thing is inredibly potent and versatile, and teh insane high elo usage shows this.

Serperior B+ -> A-/Higher
This pokemon is like Magearna, it just blanket beats a huge amount of mons with one set (while losing to the zards). It's sort of a wall, but also a stallbreaker with Contrary Leaf Storm. This also allows it to not get beaten by speed control in the form of Rock Tomb or stall users with Confide. The matchups are insanely anti-meta and get better with good predictions. A solid winrate in WC at 8th in usage confirms how good this is.

Lopunny-Mega B -> B+
This thing is really good against the current meta right now, with access to low sweep and encore to be unpredictable and edge out matchups.

Necrozma B -> B+
See sets VR

Sawk B -> B+
See sets VR

Type: Null B -> B+
Insanely solid stall mon, pretty much only loses to taunt, serperior, and fighting types. Battle armor's consistency combined with incredible bulk make this an alternative to Slowbro, gaining better type matchups in exchange for losing Oblivious.

Medicham-Mega B- -> B/Higher
Really anti-meta right now, with access to solid coverage. Especially notable in this slow as hell meta, beating Zards left and right among other things. Demolishes ever tier in terms of matchups, beating almost every mon slower than it given the right coverage.

Tapu Bulu B- -> B
Between the Scarf and Grassium sets, this thing can beat most of the mons that would try to check the other set apart from steels. Still, the stallbreaking potential is something to be reckoned with and it's really good in this slow bulky meta.

Chansey C+ -> B-
Really underrated with its charm set, it beats a lot of physical attackers that would otherwise threaten it including Dragonite (
252+ Atk Dragonite Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 462-544 (65.7 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
).

Aron D -> C-
Fear is really underrated and good in this metagame, especially when people don't understand how to play around metal burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)