Galatasaray vs. Schalke 04
Celtic FC vs. Juventus
Arsenal FC vs. FC Bayern Munich
Shakhtar Donetsk vs. Borussia Dortmund
AC Milan vs. FC Barcelona
Real Madrid CF vs. Manchester United FC
Valencia CF vs. Paris Saint-Germain
FC Porto vs. Malaga CF

As if the visit to City didn't have Ronaldo's heart-strings twanging, he's going back face to face against his old haunt and old mentor. Wonder what kind of reception he will get, I suspect a very good one and that will fuel rumours of a Utd return. But we all know he is 'unbuyable' so that rumour mill will grind to a halt but not before next season. I for one would like to see Ronaldo back at Utd though! And Fabregas back at Arsenal :(

I feel bad for AC Milan, drawing Barca yet again! I'm looking forward to Shaktar vs Dortmund, ever since Eduardo moved to Shaktar I've had a soft spot for them (I do have a soft spot for Eduardo)!

As for Arsenal, hopefully by the time the CL comes round we will have Diaby and Arteta anchoring midfield, Jack will be playing behind the striker and Cazorla will have a free role on the wing (like Silva for City). I would very much like to see that! (and maybe a shiney new not-as-shit striker, or Giroud in beast mode, either would be OK with me) :)

I'd like to see arteta on the bench. don't rate him.

Cazorla is best in an attacking midfield role where he doesn't have to track back phillip lahm or Alaba. Wilshere is better in a deeper midfield role IMO where he can glide past players and get the ball moving, which makes the best team to face bayern:

----------------------Scezny
---Sagna----Koscielny--------Vermalean---Gibbs

---------------Diaby-----------Wilshere
---------------------Cazorla

-------Walcott------Giroud-------Podolski

at least for me

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
afaik diaby is still injured. so swap him for arteta and i pretty much agree with your squad.

I'd like to see arteta on the bench. don't rate him.

Cazorla is best in an attacking midfield role where he doesn't have to track back phillip lahm or Alaba. Wilshere is better in a deeper midfield role IMO where he can glide past players and get the ball moving, which makes the best team to face bayern:

----------------------Scezny
---Sagna----Koscielny--------Vermalean---Gibbs

---------------Diaby-----------Wilshere
---------------------Cazorla

-------Walcott------Giroud-------Podolski

at least for me
wait..

prolly Arsenal will sign a CB or a Wing (i've heard Wenger wants Adrian) on the transfer window.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
if you saw mandzukic start it was when gomez was injured, hes back now

stayed up til 5 am to watch the draw, some fun ones, luckily dortmund got an easy matchup. milan barca is hilarious and i cant wait for madrid man u.

So the world is supposed to end tomorrow... Well I’m gonna stand next to Alex Ferguson – you’re guaranteed an extra ten minutes!

@Nos: Maybe it's just me but

Szczesny;
Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs;
Arteta, Diaby;
Cazorla, Wilshere, Podolski;
Giroud/Walcott​

Looks pretty good to me!
My main concern with dropping Arteta is that he's the player who keeps the ball moving at the back and he has experience and the discipline to not bomb forward. OK he's not a defensive mid at all, he's a creative mid being deployed there, but that's what has made him effective imo. He sees passes and threads balls forward that a traditional defensive mid might not see or be comfortable attempting. Having Wilshere and Diaby back there will see Arsenal lose an experienced head and a leader in that area of the field, and I'm not sure either are inclined to sit back.

If Wilshere and Diaby were to play there then maybe Kos or Verm could step up and act as the distributor but that would be a big step down from Arteta and I suspect would take a lot of practice and training to get used to. Barcelona does it though when Pique steps up leaving a back 3 but Barca is Barca...

Szczesny,
Sagna, Kosc, Verm, Gibbs,
Arteta, Wilshere,
Walcott/Ox, Cazorla, Podolski
Giroud

I just don't like Diaby, nor do I think Cazorla should be playing any position that isn't in the center of the attack.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
all signs in the media would suggest that Wenger is trying to establish some sorta British core so I reckon any long-term team will ultimately be based around Wilshere, the Ox, Walcott, Ramsey, Gibbs and possibly Jenkinson.

Iraq are likely to get either Maradona or Sven-Goran Eriksson as the new coach. Please, please let it be Eriksson.

c'mon dudes, walcott as ST sucks a lot lol

Szczesny
Sagna Kosc Vermaelen Gibbs
Arteta
Cazorla Wilshere
Walcott Podolski
Giroud

Wilshere as CAM > CM

Van persie should have been sent off for his reaction after williams unintentionally shot the ball in his face

he's admittedly a great player but what a cunt he is. hated him at arsenal and he's at the perfect club right now

lol @ rooney being considered world class. his only attributes are his aggressiveness, strength and workrate. his best position is in defensive midfield.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
"He could have killed the lad - it's a disgraceful act and he should be banned for a long, long time." - Sir Alex

time to retire i think fergie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)