2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Luiz is a brilliant footballer but lacks the discipline required to be a defender and the creativity required to be a defensive midfielder.

HBK

Yes, but in a 4-2-3-1 one has to concentrate on winning the ball and breaking down moves while the other concentrates on releasing fellow team mates with pin point passes. Chelsea desperately require the latter and Luiz lacks the creativity required to play that role. Lampard is the only Chelsea player in the current Chelsea squad who comes close to being that kind of player but even he isn't accustomed to that position having been a "box to box" midfielder for the majority of his career. The rumour mill says that Mourinho's going to make Alonso his first signing when he returns to Stamford bridge.

luiz is the defensive midfielder. hence, he is the one charged with breaking down moves as you said. no creativeness needed. his central midfield partner next to him is charged with that according to your post.

HBK

luiz is the defensive midfielder. hence, he is the one charged with breaking down moves as you said. no creativeness needed. his central midfield partner next to him is charged with that according to your post.
We already have players who can do that in Ramires and Mikel so playing Luiz in midfield isn't as necessary as signing a deep lying playmaker. And players who focus on scoring goals and providing assists might decline with age but playmakers only get better with age imo as they're job depends on their understanding of the game more than physical attributes such as pace, strength, etc. Just look at Pirlo.

Yes, but in a 4-2-3-1 one has to concentrate on winning the ball and breaking down moves while the other concentrates on releasing fellow team mates with pin point passes. Chelsea desperately require the latter and Luiz lacks the creativity required to play that role. Lampard is the only Chelsea player in the current Chelsea squad who comes close to being that kind of player but even he isn't accustomed to that position having been a "box to box" midfielder for the majority of his career. The rumour mill says that Mourinho's going to make Alonso his first signing when he returns to Stamford bridge.
Xabi never Transfer to Chelsea, he does not want to fight against Liverpool.:pirate:

ugh and meanwhile we have tottenham's poor performance getting bailed out by gareth

EDIT: I may not have mentioned this before on the thread, but Rosicky is seriously one of the most underrated players not only in the Arsenal squad but in the Premier League. He can really control the play and play some great defense-breaking passes.

crystal palace in the playoffs, pretty stoked but also kind of dreading it, they'll want revenge for our 3-0 win in march :/

feel sorry for watfords goalie, having to come on for your professional debut in arguably the most important game of the season then losing it like that :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)