what do you think lads?
A: France, Switzerland
B: Russia, Wales
C: Germany, Poland
D: Spain, Turkey
E: Belgium, Italy
F: Portugal, Austria

R E M E M B E R T H I S P O S T

I'd usually rant and say Man U this and LVG that, but just before the end of the match the camera was going around the stadium showing old people covering their mouths in disbelief, supporters chanting and even the owners giving each other back pats, and I was actually happy it ended the way it did. Must be great for you to live 80 or so years and then see your humble team beat Chelsea and Man U, even if they are at their worst atm.

None because if a team can't get 2nd place in groups like Portugal, Iceland, Austria, Hungary they shouldn't be rewarded by being in the knock out rounds. Bullshit excuse to spread the tournament out even longer.

Next week vs Man City will tell a lot about what will happen with the season. Typically when we are fighting for 1st spot with a club we lose that match, miss out of increasing a gap or flipping the script and momentum. This will be a huge match to prove we are a different club and are truly ready to become Champions again. Getting some real separation from the league is exactly what the club will need to win it. While everyone else is inconsistent and battling it out for everything else we can sit 2-3 pts above after the match and grow from there.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
hey guys, i need some help!

i'm playing a game (with potential financial reward) and thought you guys (and girl) might have some suggestions.

rules are as such:

1) pick 5 teams from any of the english divisions or any of the top european leagues; mix and match at will.
2) all 5 must win
3) all 5 must either be home wins or away wins; no mix and match.

thinking of avoiding the premiership as it had been so unpredictable this season and i don't really closely follow any other league so i could use some help!

hey guys, i need some help!

i'm playing a game (with potential financial reward) and thought you guys (and girl) might have some suggestions.

rules are as such:

1) pick 5 teams from any of the english divisions or any of the top european leagues; mix and match at will.
2) all 5 must win
3) all 5 must either be home wins or away wins; no mix and match.

thinking of avoiding the premiership as it had been so unpredictable this season and i don't really closely follow any other league so i could use some help!
Bayern Munich are a bet to win anytime they're at home, same with away, but not always in this case. Go with Paris when you can too, they're 17 points ahead in Ligue 1. Borussia M'Gladbach, Wolfsburg, Dortmund are more often than not good bets to win but each have had bumps along the road recently. (I don't watch La Liga enough to know about it).

Edit: oops didn't read that all five must be home or away wins, but whenever you can go with Bayern Munich when they're at home.

There's always Barca, Bayern, RM and PSG. How many of those are at home this week? Then I'd look at the Portuguese and Dutch leagues. They are always good for accumulators.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Lee these are the 5 games i'd take for saturday (all 3pm) in england

rotherham vs hull
bolton vs fulham
barnsley vs wigan
blackpool vs peterborough
hartlepool vs plymouth

away wins are always better odds

Not great odds but Real Madrid are pretty much nailed on next weekend. Vallecano are the shits, lost to Malaga today, they couldn't even manage a goal against a Bilbao team who had a player sent off and played a Europe League game 3 days before. They also pick up a red card pretty much every other game.

Flat Track Bully Ronaldo loves padding his stats against these teams, Madrid also just dropped points so will be looking to bounce back.

I wouldn't touch any other La Liga fixture at weekend.

Last edited:
Seriously? The only thing more consistent than arsenal getting 4th is getting through the champions league group stages dramatically only to get paired up with one of the best teams in europe in the round of 16. And Psg vs chelsea but somehow Wolfsburg Gent and zenit benfica are a thing. Juve playing bayern and psv vs atletico should be interesting games. Real Madrid should be through since Roma got through their group by sheer luck and maybe Man City can finally get past the round of 16?

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Stop moaning guys lol.... If anything this is the most consistent Arsenal squad to have made it to the top 16 in recent years, and Cech has an unfortunate reputation of being a dick to Barca. I'm interested in this matchup because I know that Arsenal capable of pulling off an upset, albeit ungraceful and banking heavily on an away goal or something....

arsenal was given a break last year when they got monaco and they fucked that up, now the football gods gave them barca as punishment.

Lol.

Honestly I fear Bayern more than Barca. If we get some guys back, I'm confident. I'm excited tbh but just tired of the obv rematch of the rematch of the rematch of the rematch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)