2019-20 NBA Season

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
saw the score of that wolves clippers game and was like 'oh well pg and kawhi were out' then looked it up and saw they played...i better hear about this on the talk shows tomorrow.......

love the rockets move. feel like capela gets played off the court in the playoffs every year so i'm glad they're tryna shake things up. if nothing else it should make for some exciting games. also they gotta get small money billionaires out the league imagine having harden and westbrook and dealing first round picks to duck the tax lmao

was also a fan of the warriors timberwolves trade, mainly for the warriors. people have said they could've held out over the summer and gotten a better return but since they got under the tax and can then spend crazy amounts on giannis 2021 and i fully expect that timberwolves pick to be an excellent one whenever it conveys (dlo is talented and i'm happy for them but if they're anything less than the worst defensive team in the league i'll eat my jeans) i think it was a good move. and if they reform wiggins down there they gotta induct the whole front office and coaching staff into the hall too (if not they'll definitely be able to flip him again). also lol @ kat in the freezing cold handing dlo a custom jersey he's definitely been saving for a minute

idk why the pistons only traded drummond when they should've had a fire sale, same (to a lesser extent) w/ the magic who definitely need a shakeup (knicks too...had to edit this post to mention it they're so irrelevant i forgot at first). s/o to the hawks for getting capela on the v low but i hope they don't start tryna rush the process. also wish the heat had gotten gallo but i agree w/ okc not selling insofar as i think they can work out a sign-and-trade over the summer and being in the playoffs should be fun for them

and the 76ers.........people really talk about "can ben and embiid play together" when they both need the same thing and neither are getting it (that being said i think it needs to be ben's team, was on joel's side but loved what i saw from ben when embiid was out). since it seems they don't wanna win this season hopefully they flip those bums harris and horford for shooters and personnel that actually fits in the off-season

Last edited:
so is nobody else gonna talk about the fact that the raptors have won 14 straight? I love the way td2's been playing btw, he seeks out triples while being unafraid to drive and his defense and hustle have been amazing. I wouldn't be surprised to see this man make the all-rookie first team (yeah I know there are flashier names but tell me he has not been playing at that level). pascal's not quite returned to his form at the start of the year but he's clearly getting there, and his performance down the stretch against indiana was killer. fred vanvleet and serge have been balling at a ridiculous level too, I worried both might shrink under the load but they've risen to the challenge in a big way. also nick nurse looks like the lowkey favorite for coty so there's that too, all that this team needs now is for somebody to wake up and give them credit for what they've accomplished.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
so is nobody else gonna talk about the fact that the raptors have won 14 straight? I love the way td2's been playing btw, he seeks out triples while being unafraid to drive and his defense and hustle have been amazing. I wouldn't be surprised to see this man make the all-rookie first team (yeah I know there are flashier names but tell me he has not been playing at that level). pascal's not quite returned to his form at the start of the year but he's clearly getting there, and his performance down the stretch against indiana was killer. fred vanvleet and serge have been balling at a ridiculous level too, I worried both might shrink under the load but they've risen to the challenge in a big way. also nick nurse looks like the lowkey favorite for coty so there's that too, all that this team needs now is for somebody to wake up and give them credit for what they've accomplished.
TD2 has the potential to be an all star one day, the Raptors can move off Lowry next year and have him slide in as the starting 2 next to FVV.

I love the way this Raptors team is put together. They just seem to constantly find overlooked gems and make them fit together in a coherent whole. It's really fun to watch.

Masai Ujiri would have to be an absolute mad lad to wanna go work for that clown Dolan in NYC. He's done a helluva job building this team in tandem with Nurse's ability to develop the talent. It's really only the big dumb talking heads that are ignoring the raptors. Most of the sources I follow (the ringer, athletic) have been crowing about toronto all season. I just dont care much because they're in the east; even though the top six teams are arguably as good or better than those in the west, the majority of the conference is still laughably bad in comparison.

This can't be a serious take...you can't compare Harden's worst stretch in recent years to Dame's best lol
I mean, you could argue that Dame HAS BEEN better than Harden. If Dame took the amount of shots Harden does and shoots more free throws, Dame could also drop 50 points a game. Honestly I think the Rockets as a whole are overrated and fucked up their chance to win the Finals but they missed TWENTY SEVEN threes in A ROW during Game 7 of the WCF. I doubt the Rockets ever get that close again with this current group

This thread is cursed lmao. Jinxes all around.

This thread is cursed lmao. Jinxes all around.
LMAO

at least we made it to 15, buried the new look timberwolves, and 60 wins is still within the realm of legitimate possibility. small mercies from the jinx gods, I know.

also somehow russ + smallball lineup = winning team like wtf? can the rockets really keep this up, or is this just the false positives before the collapse

also somehow russ + smallball lineup = winning team like wtf? can the rockets really keep this up, or is this just the false positives before the collapse
Definitely false positives. That shit ain't sustainable. The Rockets will get exposed by bigger teams like the Lakers and Nuggets or even the Jazz if Rudy Gobert can bully PJ Tucker and Robert Covington down low. I would say the Clippers but they're not a large team either. I'd still rather have Zubac/Herrell than Tucker/Covington in a matchup against Anthony Davis, Nikola Jokic, or Rudy Gobert

Pretty good game between the Lakers and Nuggets. Some sloppy play (it is, after all, just before All Star break) early on from the Lakers, but Monte Morris talking trash to Bron woke him (and consequently the team) up. Give me seven four of these in the playoffs.

Oh, and Caruso is legit.

I hate to nitpick but you guys included Shamet in the nail clippers' roster despite the fact he was in the trade package for Marcus Morris.
no that was robinson to the wizards and harkless + a second rounder to the knicks. why would they give up both harkless and shamet for just marcus morris?

in other news the rankings look solid, I feel like raptors and nuggets might be overranked on this although that's just bc all 7-10 contenders past milwaukee and the la teams are kinda in the same spot for me (except philadelphia who I'm convinced will roll over and die in the first round). still looks like the road to finals will run through la / milwaukee / toronto though which should make for some competitive conference finals at least.

Well I'll be damned. My fucking podcasts lied to me. Either that or Shamet was merely in trade talks with that included the Sixers because the irony would be too much if he was traded back

Also holy shit I died laughing at this . Alan Strickland you are definition of a piece of shit that gives cops a bad reputation. When I see him I get a bad case of jaded Stan from South Park when everything and everyone just looks and sounds like shit
Great acting in this video though lmao

Last edited:
I love that the NBA renamed the All Star Game MVP trophy after Kobe. Great nod to a legend and a guy who won 4 All Star Game MVPs. Also holy shit when did Kawhi Leonard turn into Steph Curry?

There are some eerie similarities between Kyrie and Andrew Bynum's career arcs.
Both were drafted extremely young; Irving 19, Bynum 17
Both played on bad teams their first few seasons
Both were vaulted into the playoffs by superstar players [Lebron, Kobe] and played crucial roles on those teams
Both were injured during at least on Championship run
Both became disillusioned by success and demanded bigger roles
Neither ever experienced the same level of success after leaving the teams that drafted them
Both saw their careers marred by constant injuries
Both were mercurial and arguably head cases

Andrew Bynum only lasted ten years with eight of those actually productive
Kyrie Irving is nine years in with eight productive seasons. How much longer than Bynum can he last?

Edit: irving out for the season lel

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)