2v2 2v2 Doubles

reqs.PNG

Confirming reqs (absolutely crushed go back to school)

Melmetal @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Incineroar @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
I also ran a 4th mon that I constantly switched but literally never used. I barely even used Togekiss but Incineroar would've done just as good in any match I used it.
The duo is fucking broken, but just because of Melmetal. A bunch of teams even ran anti-melmetal strategies and still couldn't win.
With Fake Out support, you are almost forced to run two mons that are both capable of OHKOing Melmetal, otherwise you can just Fake Out and kill the threat.
This mon is definitely ban worthy I have no idea why a suspect was necessary in the first place

Quick VR nom post
:kommo-o: from 3 to 2
Kommo-o is a great allround pokemon. It can abuse its custom move Clangorous Soul that can be used several times and can also run a Assault Vest variant with Body Press and Poison Jab for the fairies in the tier.

:dracozolt: from 5 to 4
is a ok breaker. Scarf Adamant Hustle hits surprisingly hard. It got good coverage with High Horsepower and Fire Fang too. Its bulk is kind abad but it still deserves Rank 4.

:excadrill: from 1 to 1.5
loses many mus because Sun got more popular. Torkoal sets Sun after Ttar sets Sand and so Solar Power Zard can just click Heat Wave or Solar Beam. The meatgame got bulkier with things like Gastrodon and Milotic too, but Drill just cant break them.

:drednaw: from 4 to 5
This mon is just bad and frail. With Torkoal always getting up Sun it gets punished by its low Speed Tier and bad typing leading to many weknesses against popular attacks like Body Press.
might add something later and delete Melmetal from VR

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
alright I’ve played some 2v2 games and I wanted to drop some thoughts on the VR here

609CD4C9-AC8B-4F3C-821B-117ACEBEED08.png
Scrafty: Tier 2 —> Tier 1.5
Scrafty is honestly really useful which the current trends being centered around bulky Incineroar or sand builds because of its ability Intimidate. Dark/Fighting typing also benefits it well since fighting types thrive in a meta like this and Scrafty’s overall bulk helps it take down some of the most common archetypes in 2v2.

A6CAA2E0-AB57-4876-A750-793D65E6349F.png
Incineroar: Tier 1.5 —> Tier 1
I would argue that Incineroar is one of, if not the best Pokémon in 2v2 as of right now. Same as Scrafty, Intimidate is the best ability in the tier and with its dual typing of Fire/Dark, it can take on/shut down the likes of Darmanitan-Galar (with some bulk), Sun Teams, Prankster Spammers like Whimsicott, Sableye, and Grimmsnarl. Overall the natural bulk, typing, and it’s great ability, Intimidate, makes Incineroar a Metagame staple.

89E20D8F-61E6-4FD8-91E7-C123118D57AA.png
BA1F6BE5-99D7-498A-B2BD-F4E29BE1CAA8.png
Braviary/Hitmontop: Tier 3 —> Tier 4
I can see why the likes of Braviary can be used but I have yet to see a single person use it in the 60-70 or so games I’ve played in this tier, same goes with Hitmontop. Braviary after being intimidated doesn’t do enough with Superpower or Rock slide to do anything significant. Hitmontop is overshadowed heavily by Scrafty because of how weak it is and Scrafty overall just has more firepower and better bulk in the long run for a Intimidate Fighting type.

Bringing back teambuilding workshop because why not?

If you weren't here back in gen 7, here's the recap:
In this, I’d like to have ourselves as the community to work on creating basis in which people, newer to the community can find teams and the basis in which teams can be made by giving the community something to build, particularly around a pokemon that facilitates or defines a certain playstyle.
The first mon of choice will be Incineroar:
:ss/incineroar:
Being the face of many bulky builds, Incineroar finds itself on many teams due to its great bulk, intimidate, along with good stabs and amazing support options.

Submission Process:

• Submit three pokemon of your choosing to be included with this pokemon. Make sure that they are viable and explain your thought process into why you chose them.
  • Submissions close on the 22nd at 5 pm EST. Voting will take place until the 24th/5th at the same time.
Also would like to mention that the winner receives 50 kyubits (if they want) and has their team featured as a sample.

Happy Submitting!

Pumped out a pretty cool squad I'd like to share.

I call it Incineroar's Mirage. As the name implies, this is a sand team that really appreciates Incin's help.
Sand right now is in an awkward spot because of sun being so prevalent. Incin naturally helps alleviate this issue w/ Fire stab scaring out Vena but this is often not enough to ward off sun. Be it Protect, Sleep Powder, or EP from Vena, sun has ways of dealing w/ Incin. And hopefully the opponent thinks so. With brand new technology Iron Ball Ttar you can lure in sun and decimate it. Iron Ball Ttar will under-speed Torkoal meaning Incin or Exca can wreak havoc w/ proper play. In addition, this team features Jellicent to help w/ TR. I'll break down what Incin does for every mon.

Ttar appreciates Fake Out support allowing it to get off a free Twave or attack. Ttar plays a more supportive role on this team providing chip and lowering speed w/ Twave. Depending on matchup, Incin may be preferable to Exca for dealing w/ various different team comps although the main help is Incin's presence on the team.
Exca will mostly be sent out w/ Ttar, however I can see there being a circumstance where raw damage is needed over Ttar's bulk and this would provide an opportunity for Incin to assist.
Jellicent really likes Fake Out support. Providing a massive amount of chip can leave Incin able to clean the two make an effective TR shutdown duo. Trick on the TR mon makes it useless leaving Incin and Jellicent able to gang up on the other mon. Energy Ball helps against the otherwise abysmal Gastro mu.

So I think it's a neat squad. Incin+Sand, what could go wrong?

Studio_Project.png
2020-03-20.jpg

Sorry for late Submission

So this my Incineroar movest
Some of you think why did I not use fake-out in my Moveset it is because most of the 2v2 player use protect during the staring making fake out
useless Now u will think that if we use some other move also they will protect and we won't able to damage but at least that moves will protect for first turn so u can use it next turn it won't fail like fake out so I replace fake-out with a thunder punch some of the players will have Wacan berry for there water pokemon example I use Incineroar and Gyarados and they used Gastrodon with leftover and Pelipper has a Wacan berry and due to Incineroar and Gyarados ability Intimidate it will be a double attack lose for each pokemon because of evs my pokemon will be faster Usually I will use power whip to Gastroon and thunder punch to Pelipper which won't kill them but u will understand bye seeing my team in action rather than reading it
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1081699524
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1082414651
this proves that my Incineroar is tanky
So because of the item weakness policy and my Incineroar EVs stats it takes an attack and counters it with power Oneko move

Zeraora I give him air balloon so that it allows him to be immune to his only weakness ground type move this also helps his panter like Incineroar to use earthquake freely Zeraora is fast also u can use plasma fist to kill water, flying, pokemon it has fake-out to counters strong pokemon that can ko our team
Zeraora speed and power

Necrozma is a special attacker which means Intimidate is useless and it has an attack called Photon Geyser Physical if user's Atk > Sp. Atk. Ignores Abilities. Which is so helpful in battle and heatwave to counter Darmanitan-Gala or ice pokemon it also has an advantage it will hit both the opponent pokemon which sometimes gives the opponent a burn all these 3 pokemon will power up Incineroar battle will never slow down is an attack that why I present you so call ultimate Incineroar team aka Flame destruction

D2TheW

Amadán
Alright here's my submission

Furry Bait (Incineroar) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Protect

Kommander O (Kommo-o) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor

Scrotom (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Toxic

Lannister's Regards (Aegislash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Incineroar and Kommo-o is a core I've built around a few times now and it has yet to let me down, these two synergize so well. Vest Kom is bulky as all hell especially with intimidate support and it's coverage is great for this meta. Kommo-o handles sand basically all by itself but Air Balloon Incineroar helps out against excadrill. Mold breaker drill is a pain without that balloon so I prefer it to vest or sitrus. These two also defeat sun on their own which is super nice. Kom kills other Incineroar, Scrafty, ttar (rock types in general), other Kommo-o and if faked out, can ohko Garm with aura sphere. Incineroar deals with psychics, ghosts and just does Incineroar things. Kommo-o can't afford protect so it really appreciates fake out support to keep it protected for a turn. This is relevant a lot more often than you'd think.

Washtom and Incineroar are another duo that work off each other well. Washtom is pretty much a counter to rain on it's own, but does appreciate Kommo-o's help handling the likes of Dreadnaw. Washtom is also a pretty phenomenal ground check, mold breaker drill aside, which Incineroar really appreciates. In return Roar kills grasses which Washtom can't really hurt (Kommo-o also helps in this regard). It also handled Primarina pretty well which the others struggle with. The speed evs always outspeed max Pelliper to stop it ohkoing Kom with specs hurricane. This might seem niche but it's a losing mu otherwise and it's not that uncommon. Toxic is for Gastrodon which otherwise hardwalls Washtom and has good mus against everything else.

Aegislash is basically filling in holes, namely fairies and to a certain degree fightings but appreciates Kom and Tom dissuading fires, darks and grounds while Roar helps it against other ghosts. It doesn't play as big of a role and I'm not totally set on it's item but it does it's job well enough. Roar, Kom and Tom are the main core and cover so much between them that Aegislash doesn't need to carry to much of a load.

This team has gone through a lot of changes since it's creation back when home first came out. It originally had Milo and Drill and I was considering submitting it for samples but after Melms ban a lot of things became redundant so I threw out half of it and remade it andI'm pretty happy with the result. Also everyone else is naming theirs for some reason so I dub this team "Cat in a Washing Machine"

Here's some replays of the team at work I'll edit more in later if I get them
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1082943146
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1082952887

Vote for any one of these:

Zioziotip
D2TheW
FlameBlitz

Will end in a few. Also, make sure to check out our second circuit tour's finals!

I'm voting for Zioziotip

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)