Singles 3v3 Singles (BSS) Discussion

I was thinking about if coming back on this meta. I quitted cuz i was bored from the fact that is not played much.
Lol for a while i thought that everyone quitted battle spot single. Then i found out it just has a different name now.and looks like more people are in, arent they?

So, whats new with this gen? Beside dynamax

Any specific reason that I don't see a lot of clefable? It's pretty slow but it seems to be a good wallbreaker against toxapex, corviknight, and togekiss. Am I insane?

Any specific reason that I don't see a lot of clefable? It's pretty slow but it seems to be a good wallbreaker against toxapex, corviknight, and togekiss. Am I insane?
Mostly excadrill, as said, but its a pretty good balance breaker. It was rated B- in the last VR and does a good job with its LO offense set. Rotom H also resists all of its common moves.

Any recomendation that u can do for my team(or to do a bettler solid one)? I have a darma-g excadrill, mimikty, tyranitar, dracozolt, cinderrace, and excadrill also if you can tell me some items or moves it should be good :)

RicksBaslesica

Banned deucer.
This game bothers me sometimes. There's just too much hax in this damn game. It's very hard to teambuild; I always think I have a good idea and then the meta has already thought up of over 9000 ways to counter it.

I've been trying to build a Hail team on showdown, but to me Hail is a very difficult archetype to play effectively due to the many weaknesses of the Ice typing. I'm on Icy Rock Glaceon right now, trying to recreate the evolution of the Japanese high elo metagame from last season. Even though Shamditioner was banned from Smogon for breaking the nebulous, ill-defined "rules" of this website (which ironically are very unkind toward non-American foreigners like Asians), I think her replays are very interesting to watch in this scenario.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battlestadiumsingles-1063838783

Last edited:
Outside of the context of Hail, Ive seen a few rare Weakness Policy Glaceons. It can be a pretty cool pokemon. As for hail itself, I'm not sure its a particularly good read in the meta. Probably pretty fun though. I'd definitely recommend Eiscue as a pretty cool Hail mon which can continually recycle its disguise under hail. I hope your ladder efforts continue to go well.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
I'd definitely recommend Eiscue as a pretty cool Hail mon which can continually recycle its disguise under hail.
Ice Face only regenerates the turn hail is set, not at the end of every turn that hail is active. This is why most Eiscue run Liquidation or Head Smash, they set rain/sand and can then Max Hailstorm to reset hail, but that goes against the idea of a “hail team.” In fact, I’d say playing Eiscue within a hail team is a hindrance because Eiscue has to change the weather before resetting Ice Face, whereas without any prior weather it can Max Hailstorm as soon as Ice Face is broken...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)