5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
About the Missing No 0...
When plugged into Breeding BW, BW Internatioal, or Method 5 PIDRNG the seed with or without the 0 gives you the same result.

When plugged into Method 5 (Standard Seed) they produce different IVs
I think 0100 and 100 are equal for the PIDRNG (and all math I've learned), but for the MTIVRNG they give you different values. Still looking for an answer on this.
Reposting

A few days ago, I decided to try my hand at RNG-ing my very first Pokemon, a Perfect Naughty Zekrom, using Non C-Gear seeds. Following the instructions in Part 1 of bearsfan092's video guide, I've already caught multiple Pokemon in the last cave of Victory Road to determine paramaters. Now, I'm sure that I have a later version of RNG Reporter (9.81 BETA) than what Bear used in his guide, and while he says "clicking on Close Window will automatically input data into the Time Finder," I think clicking on "Use Result in Time Finder" is the correct button to press for this version.

Before I move on, I'd like to note that:

1. I'm not using an AR.
2. I'm not pressing any buttons until the Game Freak logo appears.
3. I'm using a Syncronizer.

When I get to the Time Finder window, I enter what I want, and click Generate. I've done this process multiple times now, and I keep getting high frame counts. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or are the frames supposed to be THAT high? If so, is there anything I can do to lower the frames without giving up perfect IVs?

Yes you can choose Use Result in Time Finder to save your parameters

your minimum frame is 6 and your max is 1000 if you want low frames for the IVRNG you need to set min. to 1 and max to 1, but you'll have to search different years/months to find a flawless spread, but it'll be reusable and on frame 1 so no advancements will be needed

im C-gear RNGing and i was wondering if i was suppose to load my game and turn c gear on when eontimer hits zero exactly or can i just start my game and turn c gear on when its like at 0 and 27 milliseconds any help would be appreciated because this is my first time rnging :)

I have been trying to do this pentflawless Vullaby for two days, and I even re-found my parameters (re-entered new IVs) and I have found TWO seeds that have what I want, but I can't get either of them to work. I'm at wits-end, as RNG has failed every time but one for me.

Am I doing something wrong? I have hit A exactly at the right time multiple times on both seeds, and I have encountered the level 34 Vullaby the encounter sheet in RNG reporter says I should on Route 10. None of them have had the IVs, meaning I'm not hitting the seed, but what am I doing wrong!? Seriously?!

After 2 tries I'm asking If the Secret Egg event Pokemon be RNG'd? I know my Pidove has a set nature, gender, ability, and the overwritten 31 Atk IV, but I have a physical spread anyway so that doesn't matter to me. Also using the Wondercard method for reference.
New Page Post.

Yes you can choose Use Result in Time Finder to save your parameters

your minimum frame is 6 and your max is 1000 if you want low frames for the IVRNG you need to set min. to 1 and max to 1, but you'll have to search different years/months to find a flawless spread, but it'll be reusable and on frame 1 so no advancements will be needed
Your Min/Max frame is set from 6 to 1000!
1 to 6 should suffice.
Thanks for the advice! I got this result.

If I understand correctly, using the formula...

Target - Initial - Starting + 1 = Advances Required

4 - 1 (Regular Generation) - 1 (Non C-Gear) + 1 = 3

...I would have to advance the frame by 3, right?

Does this mean I have to walk 128 steps with 3 Pokemon in my party?

UPDATE: YES! Got my first successful RNG-ed Pokemon! :D

Would advancing the PID change what i would encounter? Also is the encounter totally random or does it go 0,1,2,3,4,5 etc..

Im trying to RNG a blitzle on Route 3

So im still trying to RNG Virizion and I keep getting the same results but are all wrong. I tried searching for a whole different IV spread and on my first time, I hit the seed and it came out like it was suppose to. So I turned off/on my DS to try that seed again and I got something totally different, and keep getting that wrong different every time after that. Why does it do this and is there anything different I can do, or I just have to keep at it until it hits the seed?

I'm trying to get an Adamant Sheer Force Rufflet as my 1st Wild Pokemon to RNG, but I keep getting Keen Eye every time. Am I just unlucky, or is there something else at work? Both of the ability slots I tried plugging in came up with the same time and frame.

So im still trying to RNG Virizion and I keep getting the same results but are all wrong. I tried searching for a whole different IV spread and on my first time, I hit the seed and it came out like it was suppose to. So I turned off/on my DS to try that seed again and I got something totally different, and keep getting that wrong different every time after that. Why does it do this and is there anything different I can do, or I just have to keep at it until it hits the seed?
I would check your parameters again

Yay, my first successful RNG, I got a Timid Kyurem with 31/7/31/31/31/31 :D, the thing is though, it was seeded to be a shiny, but it wasn't, is that normal? I mean, I'm really happy with it either way, but would I just have to continue resetting to the right time until it was shiny if I really wanted it shiny?

Is there any way of determining what my PIDRNG frame is for a roamer after I catch it? I want to know if my frame advancement through the cutscene is fairly consistent through my multiple attempts.

My first thought was to just catch several Pokémon after that and use their abilities/genders/natures/species to find a pattern, but that won't work, as the NPCs in the area would advance my frame between each catch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)