5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok did everything, and in the search by and search parameters box i put all frames to 40 to match my starting frame at the main window. I hit find Id seeds. Then I pick a seed which has a true under the starter column and advance accordingly, but its not shiny.
What do you mean by "all frames to 40"?

Also, @bold part, you have to abuse your ID/SID before you abuse your shiny starter. So, once you find an ID seed, you have to hit that seed (Just like a regular standard seed). Does that make sense? You can't have your starter shiny if you don't have the correct ID/SID pair.

Also, lol, you have to abuse your ID/SID before you abuse your shiny starter. So, once you find an ID seed, you have to hit that seed (Just like a regular standard seed). Does that make sense?

here. you have to hit your ID seed, yes i am trying to hit it. its supposed to be pressing A on the menu screen when the clock is at 00:34:13 when my target is at 00:34:14 right?

here. you have to hit your ID seed, yes i am trying to hit it. its supposed to be pressing A on the menu screen when the clock is at 00:34:13 when my target is at 00:34:14 right?
I can't see the image, but you are right. You do start one second early. Then go through the part with Juniper and see if you got your ID. If you got the correct ID you'll have to save right before you pick your starter, then hit the seed that you found in the time finder.

About your ID, does it say anything like "initial frame" and "target frame"? There is an "ID" frame, I guess you would call it, and you might have to advance to your ID frame to get the right ID.

You advance the ID frame by saying no to Juniper when she asks you about your name (It won't work if you say no about gender). Saying no will advance the frame by 1 each time.

Also, lol, you have to abuse your ID/SID before you abuse your shiny starter. So, once you find an ID seed, you have to hit that seed (Just like a regular standard seed). Does that make sense?

save right before you pick your starter: i guess that ought to clear things up! :)

I see the image now. Which RNG Reporter version do you have? The newer version should tell you your initial frame and your target frame, but it seems like you have the older version, so you'll have to calibrate for your starting frame and then advance to your target (Which is 40).

But, I would make the min frame 30 and the max 35. 40 is a bit high.

Edit: Yeah, you have to save before you abuse your starter because you have to hit a different seed for your starter! :)

But don't save if you didn't get the right ID!

I see the image now. Which RNG Reporter version do you have? The newer version should tell you your initial frame and your target frame, but it seems like you have the older version, so you'll have to calibrate for your starting frame and then advance to your target (Which is 40).

But, I would make the min frame 30 and the max 35. 40 is a bit high.

Edit: Yeah, you have to save before you abuse your starter because you have to hit a different seed for your starter! :)

But don't save if you didn't get the right ID!
I thought so. In my main window i was aiming for 43, and i thought my starting was 40. lol. So i say no to juniper 39 times? so using the old one, 40 is my initial or final? im confused

I thought so. In my main window i was aiming for 43, and i thought my starting was 40. lol. So i say no to juniper 39 times? so using the old one, 40 is my initial or final? im confused
You're target frame for your ID seed is 40, and you'll have to calibrate to find out how many times you have to say no. Usually the starting frame is in the mid-20s. That's why I suggest making your min/max frame 30-35, or even lower than 30. Maybe 28 at the least.

To calibrate, you'll have to hit your seed WITHOUT saying no to Juniper. Then, once you get into the game, check what ID you got and go to Pandora's Box. In the "Seed Finder" section, put in all the info it asks for and then click "Find Seed Hit." It will tell you the seed you hit along with the frame you hit. If you hit your seed, look at the frame you got and attempt to hit your frame next time by advancing accordingly. So, if your initial frame is 25 and your target is 30, you would say no 5 times, and if you hit your seed you should have gotten the correct ID.

I hope I'm making sense!

You're target frame for your ID seed is 40, and you'll have to calibrate to find out how many times you have to say no. Usually the starting frame is in the mid-20s. That's why I suggest making your min/max frame 30-35, or even lower than 30. Maybe 28 at the least.

To calibrate, you'll have to hit your seed WITHOUT saying no to Juniper. Then, once you get into the game, check what ID you got and go to Pandora's Box. In the "Seed Finder" section, put in all the info it asks for and then click "Find Seed Hit." It will tell you the seed you hit along with the frame you hit. If you hit your seed, look at the frame you got and attempt to hit your frame next time by advancing accordingly. So, if your initial frame is 25 and your target is 30, you would say no 5 times, and if you hit your seed you should have gotten the correct ID.

I hope I'm making sense!
ok, this is harder than i thought. I wouldn't bother with the main window until i get this calibration done first then. thank you. yes, you're making sense. :p

I notice there's something off with the roamer results. It took me a good hour (since I was using the roamer method) to figure out that I had actually hit the correct seed several times.

Here's the situation:
Seed: b51205a8
Target Delay: 1437
Roamers: Entei, Latias
Expected Starting Route: 34, 2
Actual Starting Route: 38. 17
First Non-Skipped Frame: 3

I don't know if there's something wrong with RNG reporter with the Roamer Method or it's just a random anomaly.

EDIT: This is for Gen IV HGSS.

I notice there's something off with the roamer results. It took me a good hour (since I was using the roamer method) to figure out that I had actually hit the correct seed several times.

Here's the situation:
Seed: b51205a8
Target Delay: 1437
Roamers: Entei, Latias
Expected Starting Route: 34, 2
Actual Starting Route: 38. 17
First Non-Skipped Frame: 3

I don't know if there's something wrong with RNG reporter with the Roamer Method or it's just a random anomaly.

EDIT: This is for Gen IV HGSS.
You might want to repost this on the most generation section.

Has this happened to anyone else:

I was trying to gradually dial back my steps needed for frame advancement (4 advances needed, so I'm carrying 4 pokemon with me).

On one trial, I ran about 53 steps and the frame DID advance.
However, on the next trail, I ran about 65 or so steps and the frame DID NOT advance.

I confirmed this by checking the exact IVs in both trails.

So can running fewer steps advance the frame while MORE steps CANNOT? I mean, apparently it can, but does anyone know HOW it happens? It'd be a good thing to know. :/

Has this happened to anyone else:

I was trying to gradually dial back my steps needed for frame advancement (4 advances needed, so I'm carrying 4 pokemon with me).

On one trial, I ran about 53 steps and the frame DID advance.
However, on the next trail, I ran about 65 or so steps and the frame DID NOT advance.

I confirmed this by checking the exact IVs in both trails.

So can running fewer steps advance the frame while MORE steps CANNOT? I mean, apparently it can, but does anyone know HOW it happens? It'd be a good thing to know. :/
Steps don't advance the frame unless if under specific conditions. There has been 128 steps underwent, you are walking/turning in grass.

You may have NPCs advancing the frame. How did you check you hit your seed?

Also, what game are you abusing on? What route/city?

I understand the basic mechanics behind the 128-step rule, but my problem is that it seems to be all backwards. I know that 128 is recommended incase you are close to the "boundary" between 2 frames, and I'm using that knowledge to try to take shortcuts, so I only have to run maybe 20 steps :P

Anyway, it seems when i run 50-ish steps, the frame advances. But when walking just a few additional steps afterward, it doesn't.

I am doing entralink abuse. In one trial I ran 50 steps outside entralink, then went in and ran straight to my pokemon. That made the frame NOT advance.

In the other variation, I didnt move at all outside the entralink, and instead ran the 50 steps in the entree forest. This made the frame advance every time.

I used RNG Reporter 9.81 to confirm the seeds I hit.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I understand the basic mechanics behind the 128-step rule, but my problem is that it seems to be all backwards. I know that 128 is recommended incase you are close to the "boundary" between 2 frames, and I'm using that knowledge to try to take shortcuts, so I only have to run maybe 20 steps :P

Anyway, it seems when i run 50-ish steps, the frame advances. But when walking just a few additional steps afterward, it doesn't.

I am doing entralink abuse. In one trial I ran 50 steps outside entralink, then went in and ran straight to my pokemon. That made the frame NOT advance.

In the other variation, I didnt move at all outside the entralink, and instead ran the 50 steps in the entree forest. This made the frame advance every time.

I used RNG Reporter 9.81 to confirm the seeds I hit.
You have to do the 128 steps inside the Entree Forest

Ohhh.... I think I understand now. So any steps you take outside are still counted, but when you enter the entralink it always puts you back on "frame 1"? Am I correct so far?

Also, can the frame be advanced in the entrance area with the people, or does it have to be specifically the entree forest where the pokemon are?

Okay, quick question: How can i abuse shaking spots / fishing spots? Do i have to find one, save, and then hit my seed to get what i want, or is there an easier way to do this?

You're supposed to find an IV frame way above 1, maybe like 2-8 or whatever. Then after walking the steps hopefully a spot/shaking spot will come up, then you advance the PID accordingly.

Keep in mind if there are NPCs in the area and if you walked while in grass that can drastically change your PID frame.

It's pretty time consuming and irritating on a cart.

You're supposed to find an IV frame way above 1, maybe like 2-8 or whatever. Then after walking the steps hopefully a spot/shaking spot will come up, then you advance the PID accordingly.

Keep in mind if there are NPCs in the area and if you walked while in grass that can drastically change your PID frame.

It's pretty time consuming and irritating on a cart.
It's easy in Lostlorn forest, no NPCs, just the steps to advance the PIDframe. I got a shiny Pansage from there, on my White retail cart.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ohhh.... I think I understand now. So any steps you take outside are still counted, but when you enter the entralink it always puts you back on "frame 1"? Am I correct so far?

Also, can the frame be advanced in the entrance area with the people, or does it have to be specifically the entree forest where the pokemon are?
Right.. it's not exactly that you're back on frame 1, but you can think of it that way. When you go into the Entralink, the RNG is completely reseeded, so it's not really related to the one you had before.

I'm not 100% on your second question, but I believe it doesn't matter where you do them, as long as it's after you get there.

Right.. it's not exactly that you're back on frame 1, but you can think of it that way. When you go into the Entralink, the RNG is completely reseeded, so it's not really related to the one you had before.

I'm not 100% on your second question, but I believe it doesn't matter where you do them, as long as it's after you get there.
Indeed, you can walk the steps wherever you want in the Forest, but it's best to keep walking near the Pokémon, so you can talk to it as soon as you've walked your steps.

Im trying to egg RNG abuse a Gible. I have 2 flawless gibles. The Female Jolly one is holding a everstone. The male ones is a Docile Nature but with no everstone. I have hatched 42 gible eggs and about 23 of them are flawless, but I never got a jolly one. Everytime I do get a Jolly one, it only has 3 flawless ivs. What am I doing wrong?

It sounds like you aren't going for a specific PID frame. Are you finding your starting frame, then working towards a specific frame that has the right nature plus the correctly inherited IVs?

Do you have the "Ditto Parent" box unchecked?

It sounds like you aren't going for a specific PID frame. Are you finding your starting frame, then working towards a specific frame that has the right nature plus the correctly inherited IVs?

Do you have the "Ditto Parent" box unchecked?
I find a frame of 8 so I don't need to advance any frames and then talk to the old man. Yeah I have the ditto parent box unchecked.

There are two different RNGs in Black and White. One determines IVs and one determines everything else (nature, shininess, ability). When breeding, the second of those, that determines those things, also determines which three stats are inherited from the parents (and overwrite the stats of the seed). So, say you have a flawless female, a male of no 31s, and you have a seed that hits 12/3/17/31/31/31. You want to advance the RNG to a frame where it says /Fe/Fe/Fe/_/_/_ AND Jolly. Let's say that's frame 122. You need to find out what frame you start on, which is always between 40 and 60.

Actually, let me explain this to you over VMs.

Ok I'm trying to get a perfect shiny pokemon with RNG in White.

I'm hitting the seed but the pokemon isnt shiny even though I put "All encounters shiny". I caught an Absol earlier and it had 31 in every stats. If someoen could explain me why my Absol isnt shiny it would be much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)