5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does the DS Parameter finder work the same way for BW2? It's not finding any of my seeds.

I'm using a Japanese White 2 save file with an AP-patched English White 2 ROM on a CylcloDS flashcart, and I'm totally willing to believe that it's one of those three things that's the problem
Flashcarts in general have really weird parameters, so if it's not a problem with one of the other things you probably just didn't set the search ranges wide enough (GxStat is always 6 though unless you're SRing, so don't bother changing that).
Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me out. It's my first time trying to use RNG, and I've had several attempts and they are all failing. Sorry if this is long.

I have the latest version of RNG reporter. My DS MAC address is 0024F37E10F1
I'm trying to capture a wild Pupitar with certain IVs and Nature in Black 2 (English).
I obtained my parameters as indicated in the guides in the first post, and successfully got one to use. When using it with the time finder, I plugged in slots 6, 8, 10, because they have pupitar, and 31 IVs in each stat except Sp.A., which I didn't care about, as well as choosing Adamant nature.
I saved on Route 15 where I could view no NPCs, and then proceeded to change my DS clock to the indicated date of Jan 25 2013. My target time was 08:51:43, so when I reached that point on the DS clock, I started the game.

My frame was 6, and my seed was 902BEBEB95E2DB1B. I did the required steps to add 5 frames, and then encountered a pupitar in the grass. It's Nature was Docile, it was capable of taking hits, and was at lvl 55 with the IVs 19/16-17/31/27-28/13-14/0-1.

Any ideas? Am I doing something obviously dumb? Thanks.
First, stick to frame 1 IVs, it'll make your life a lot easier. Second, you can use the Adjacent Seed Tool to see if you're hitting one of your nearby Timer0s (we can't do that for you without knowing all your parameters) - There's usually 4+ Timer0 values you'll hit fairly frequently in BW2, so don't expect to get it on the first try every time.

Once you get the right IVs, then you can start working on getting the right nature, but that'll come later.

I am having a dickens of a time with the whole calibration thing for my White2. I have a sweet scenter. I am in an area with high level pokemon and no wandering npcs. BUt when I enter all the info, i.e time and poke stats, I am getting either no results or two. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Is it possible to RNG the Braviary on route 4 to get a specific PIDRNG frame? I realize you can hit your seed and then hope to get lucky with the nature, but I was hoping to get a shiny and the sandstorm messes it up.

W2 I assume?

You could stop the sand in BW by changing the season while being on Route 4 (change month, then engage a Pokemon). I don't know yet if it works for BW2, but it maybe worth a try.

You don't need to do anything with .NET 4.5, just have it installed and Reporter will use it automatically. And you should be able to download 9.96 directly here.
still the same problem!

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad12/weah31/pkmnrptr_zps69e8a58f.jpg

iv made a screenshot so you can see from the link it downloads ('save' or 'open' gives same result) saying version 9965 but opens up as version 9.94, following the update link just send me round in a circle doing the same thing again! anyone know what stupid mistake im making thats stopping me from getting 9.96 update?

hi
i've been RNG'ing in pokemon black and encountered 2 problems

1st one is that my recorded chatter doesn't sound the same after i hard reset...this only started yesterday and i've been using the same ds, cartridge and savegame for 2 weeks. have any of you guys experienced this too?
my ds lite casing is a bit broken so it could be it's hardware related.

2nd one is that something is up with my frames.... i have been hitting the same seed for wild pokemons for a week and suddenly my target frame shifted by 1 now it's on 73, my reporter tells me its 72.....if i now do the extra chatot i get my desired frame
this started happening since yesterday too
i caught the roamer 2 days ago and tried with the roamer released box checked and unchecked

i'm not sure what went wrong yesterday.
i just did all the stuff i normally do and never have problems with
i traded over some pokemons and a few of them had pokerus (my game was pokerus free), i released these pokemons as i didn't want traded pokemons
infected with the pokerus

for some reason i think both problems are related to eachother as they started happening at exact the same time and i also think those pokerus pokemons had something to do with it.

i tried searching on the interbutts for info about how pokerus influences the rng, but i could only find gen 4 info (cause of the requirements thing)

cheers

First one, no, it looks like something hardware related. Apart from the occasionally higher and lower pitch the sound itself should not change.

I cannot guess where the problem exactly occurs. Does it happen when you had the Roamer released? From experience I can say that you must uncheck the Roamer Released box when you have caught it. The difference between the starting frame and the target should be correctly calculated.
When the Roamer is released and not caught, check the Roamer Released box and pretend that you do an extra frame advancement when you do things like taking to NPCs or Sweet Scent.

luckily i ordered a new ds lite case 3 days ago :p

my starting frame never changed. I'm pretty sure it's not the roamer that caused it, as i rng'd 13 pokemons after i caught the roamer with no problems at all. are there certain locations that have shifty PIDframes, other than wandering npcs and weather?

i just caught a pokemon who was on the right frame (72) ... it must be i'm overlooking something, cause half an hour ago i catched one with same characteristics/nature/gender and IVs on frame 73
both locations had no wandering npc's

it's ofcourse no problem to just redo the whole process everytime... it only takes a few minutes, but i just wonder why this happens

Is it possible to RNG the Braviary on route 4 to get a specific PIDRNG frame? I realize you can hit your seed and then hope to get lucky with the nature, but I was hoping to get a shiny and the sandstorm messes it up.
It's possible. Sandstorm advances PIDRNG by about 60 fps.

W2 I assume?

You could stop the sand in BW by changing the season while being on Route 4 (change month, then engage a Pokemon). I don't know yet if it works for BW2, but it maybe worth a try.
Unfortunately, this trick doesn't work in BW2.

Ok, herpdaderp, do you determine the difference between the starting frame and the target or do you use Chatots to confirm your position? Because you have no Roamer, the difference between start and target is the number of the advancements you need.
It may happen that two adjacent frames give you the same or similar PID. I personally haven't found one yet, but you can do some test a random seed you choose. Sweet Scent on the starting frame to confirm where you are.

Can you give me the area you performed the abusing and the seed? I want to check it out.

I've never had any luck with the starting frames in RNG Reporter. My advice would be to make sure your minimum advance is at least 10 or so and use chatot pitches to find the frame you really hit.
Thanks for the advice. I've never had any trouble with starting frames till I upgraded to 9.96.5 beta...

So do I just use Chatot after hitting the seed, and then try to find its pitch in the main window of the Reporter? Not at all familiar with using pitches to find frames, sorry.

ok, so my brother came over with his ds lite and the chatot calls problem still remains
on his ds lite i get a different chatot call after i hard reset the game

i'll test it on my dsi xl and brick ds too.
expect a video with proof in a few days

You calibrated your game with every DS system seperately, did you? The results differ from system to system and are not interchangable.

And can you tell us in which area the problem occurred? I don't challenge your judgement, but "wandering NPCs" is a bit iffy because randomly turning NPCs do move the frame, too.

Thanks for the advice. I've never had any trouble with starting frames till I upgraded to 9.96.5 beta...

So do I just use Chatot after hitting the seed, and then try to find its pitch in the main window of the Reporter? Not at all familiar with using pitches to find frames, sorry.
yep exactly.

You calibrated your game with every DS system seperately, did you? The results differ from system to system and are not interchangable.

And can you tell us in which area the problem occurred? I don't challenge your judgement, but "wandering NPCs" is a bit iffy because randomly turning NPCs do move the frame, too.

yes i calibrated it for my brothers ds and searched for new spreads

i'll make good documentation about it, just have a few days patience so that i can test some more and make a vid and some pics

i think i found my problem btw
i used pokecheck to get a few pokemons with dw ability, i wasn't thinking straight and i downloaded a few mons that came from the dream radar app for 3ds.....the ones i hadn't released had my trainer name and stuff
i released these now ofcourse

the chatots are now less distorted when i hard reset, but i have noticed some weird stuff happening in the game...all sound wise
like background sounds that come more to the front in the sound spectrum and sometimes sounds missing, like the trucks on the skyarrow bridge make a buzzing sound instead of the horn sound you should hear

i hope this thing clears up when i delete my save file and that it doesn't stick to the mons i have been breeding :/

I just started trying to RNG and am having some trouble with Latios in Deamyard. I just want to rng for IVs/Hp Fire and am using a synchronizer to handle the nature. After calibrating 10 times I've gotten a timer0 value of 1683 8/10 times so I think my calibration is fine. Now to be sure I'm doing the next part right, I use the Time finder, with the standard seed method selected. Then I picked encounter type stationary (or should it be roaming? I don't think there should be a difference in this case anyway since both types start on frame 1?) Then I picked the IVs I wanted and have one seed (30CC2B2AAB86185F) I'm trying to hit at 1/14/13 @ 1:57:27. So I just set the 3ds clock and start the game up at 1:57:20 (to take care of the 7s delay I calculated on my 3ds). I have done this a few times and am nowhere close to the right IVs and checking adjacent seeds isn't helping to see what I'm off by. They seem incorrect actually, since the values for the seed I'm trying to hit are different in the adjacent seed window (says 27/18/31/30/31/30 in time finder window but 21/3/27/18/31/30 in the adjacent seeds window). Any help for what I'm doing wrong would be great.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just started trying to RNG and am having some trouble with Latios in Deamyard. I just want to rng for IVs/Hp Fire and am using a synchronizer to handle the nature. After calibrating 10 times I've gotten a timer0 value of 1683 8/10 times so I think my calibration is fine. Now to be sure I'm doing the next part right, I use the Time finder, with the standard seed method selected. Then I picked encounter type stationary (or should it be roaming? I don't think there should be a difference in this case anyway since both types start on frame 1?) Then I picked the IVs I wanted and have one seed (30CC2B2AAB86185F) I'm trying to hit at 1/14/13 @ 1:57:27. So I just set the 3ds clock and start the game up at 1:57:20 (to take care of the 7s delay I calculated on my 3ds). I have done this a few times and am nowhere close to the right IVs and checking adjacent seeds isn't helping to see what I'm off by. They seem incorrect actually, since the values for the seed I'm trying to hit are different in the adjacent seed window (says 27/18/31/30/31/30 in time finder window but 21/3/27/18/31/30 in the adjacent seeds window). Any help for what I'm doing wrong would be great.
Are you saved a step before you engage battle with the Lati or right at the entrance of the Dreamyard?

Are you saved a step before you engage battle with the Lati or right at the entrance of the Dreamyard?
I was just about to respond, but I GOT IT!!! I'm just an idiot and must have been off by a second. The adjacent seeds tool is not working right for me, but I decided to use the parameter search to see if my calibration was off and the messed up attempts showed 28s instead of 27s.

So, uh, what does it mean if I can't match the pitch I'm hearing to any of the ones listed in the main window? Should I move on to another seed?
are you listening to a string of pitches and comparing? if you're not finding a match, retry or yeah, use another seed.

So, uh, what does it mean if I can't match the pitch I'm hearing to any of the ones listed in the main window? Should I move on to another seed?
u are using a chatter that youv'e recorded aren't you? it wont work with the default whistle sound. and yeah if ur not matching the pitches, which shouldnt be too hard if u look out for the high/low chattots, ur prob being timer0 trolled or just missed ur seed so reset and go again.

We are not sure how serious we have to take you but how high do you estimate the time we need to find out the RNG mechanics of a game that hasn't even been released?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)