5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok, after my first attempt at RNG'ing an egg, I completely failed
(Trying for a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Eevee to evolve into an Espeon)

I have an Eevee and a Ditto in the daycare, and followed every step, the one thing that confuses me is the frame, if it starts at 8, what do I need to do for it to get to 18

Do I keep 5 pokes in my party and walk 128 steps two times? (To get 10? I think... 10+8=18...?)

I have an Eevee and a Ditto in the daycare, and followed every step, the one thing that confuses me is the frame, if it starts at 8, what do I need to do for it to get to 18

Do I keep 5 pokes in my party and walk 128 steps two times? (To get 10? I think... 10+8=18...?)
Oh boy, why aren't you using 5th gen egg finder? Way faster process and on frame 8.

Thanks a lot!

Curious question: Does the Dream World true/false state affect the RNGing if you don't have a Dream World ability?
Dream world true/false is for breeding DW Pokemon. It tells you if the DW ability will be passed down or not. It doesn't affect anything else.

-snip-
Set Min/Max frame to 8/8 for eggs. Don't use anything higher.

EDIT: You need to read Tesseraction's breeding guide (post 3). You don't have to search for a seed with the exact IVs you want when doing eggs. Only 3 IVs can come from the seed anyways, the other 3 are from the parensts, so you should search for something like x/x/x/31/31/31 and then find a PID that gives you the inheritance you want.

Oh boy, why aren't you using 5th gen egg finder? Way faster process and on frame 8.
Because he doesn't want it shiny?

I'm about to RNG Abuse my ID/SID for the first time, and I am pretty familiar with the process on how to do it. However, what is a good frame for the IVs (Standard/Non-C-Gear) and nature (PIDRNG) to abuse for? Should the Standard Seed (Non C-Gear, for the IVs) frame be at Frame 1, or will the movement of the NPCs (I'm trying to catch a Solosis) be a constant obstacle that it should be higher? Thanks.

I'm looking to get into RNG abuse. I've tried this once before, and failed miserably. I think I am more prepared now.

What I need is someone that has the time/patience to help me out through the step by step process of RNG abuse.

If anyone can help me out, send me a VM/PM.

Thanks in advance.
I don't need the help tonight necessarily, just someone to agree to help me whenever they're free.

So, I'd set it to gift pokemon, look/get an 8 for my frame, and then all I need to do is turn it on at the right time and talk to the day care man?

If it's wrong let me know c[:
Sounds right to me. Since I'm guessing you don't care about ability, nature, gender or passed down IV's. Just abuse for as flawless as you can and work your way from there.

So, if anyone has some free time and would like to help me verify something...

My seed: F511BEDFBD02B1B4
My TID/SID: 21204 / 18558

Advances: ....................... Nature:..... PID%6:
No Menu Opened................ Brave....... 3
Menu opened; 0 Advances... Modest..... 1
10 Advances...................... Hardy...... 4/5/0
20 Advances...................... Timid....... 4/5/0
30 Advances...................... Brave...... 3

I'm RNGing a Tornadus (in which there's no "natural" weather upon exiting the house)... And I wanted a second opinion on what the starting frame could be. I thought I found it, but when I tried advancing to my target, I end up with a couple of "outliers" - like, a PID frame that appears to be over 20 frames away from where I should be... Though, I should note, in most cases the frames I land on (from 5 other attempts) seem to be within +/-5 from my target (890).

So, if anyone has some free time and would like to help me verify something...

My seed: F511BEDFBD02B1B4
My TID/SID: 21204 / 18558

Advances: ....................... Nature:..... PID%6:
No Menu Opened................ Brave....... 3
Menu opened; 0 Advances... Modest..... 1
10 Advances...................... Hardy...... 4/5/0
20 Advances...................... Timid....... 4/5/0
30 Advances...................... Brave...... 3

I'm RNGing a Tornadus (in which there's no "natural" weather upon exiting the house)... And I wanted a second opinion on what the starting frame could be. I thought I found it, but when I tried advancing to my target, I end up with a couple of "outliers" - like, a PID frame that appears to be over 20 frames away from where I should be... Though, I should note, in most cases the frames I land on (from 5 other attempts) seem to be within +/-5 from my target (890).
The pattern seems to indicate that 614 is your starting frame. The only problem is that hardy. The hardy nature with that PID%6 appears 1 after the modest which doesn't seem right.

Why do you list menu opened/not opened? I don't see how opening the menu would affect anything if you didn't do any PID advances. You're saved inside the house, right?
Also post the characteristics instead of the PID%6. If you post the PID%6 then we have to assume that you did it correctly which might not be true.
Make sure you check the IVs each time so that you're not posting natures/characteristics from a missed seed.

Also I know sometimes the seasons change when you exit the house. If that happens you should always let it fade by itself. I find that if you press A to get rid of it, it throws you off by a lot.

I'm currently trying to RNG a flawless Omanyte from the Nacrene Museum and I am having tons of trouble. I've had no problem getting the correct IVs, but getting the right nature and ability has proved much more difficult. I'm using the seed 8D133658C1C0A22B on 5/7/2011 at 6:07:05. My desired frame is 17, so I advance to that by walking 512 steps with four Pkmn in my party, and this has been successful in hitting my flawless spread. However, during this time the Wandering NPC (or rather Rotating NPC in this case) in the museum moves quite a bit, and I am lost as to how to manipulate the PIDRNG. If anyone could offer some advice on how PIDRNG in the Nacrene Museum to get the Modest Swift Swim Omanyte I'm trying to RNG, I'd be very grateful.

I'm currently trying to RNG a flawless Omanyte from the Nacrene Museum and I am having tons of trouble. I've had no problem getting the correct IVs, but getting the right nature and ability has proved much more difficult. I'm using the seed 8D133658C1C0A22B on 5/7/2011 at 6:07:05. My desired frame is 17, so I advance to that by walking 512 steps with four Pkmn in my party, and this has been successful in hitting my flawless spread. However, during this time the Wandering NPC (or rather Rotating NPC in this case) in the museum moves quite a bit, and I am lost as to how to manipulate the PIDRNG. If anyone could offer some advice on how PIDRNG in the Nacrene Museum to get the Modest Swift Swim Omanyte I'm trying to RNG, I'd be very grateful.
Because of that random NPC, you can't reliably manipulate it. You have to rely on luck. Only way to manipulate it with the NPC there is to find a frame 1 spready.

Because of that random NPC, you can't reliably manipulate it. You have to rely on luck. Only way to manipulate it with the NPC there is to find a frame 1 spready.
Alright. It's unfortunate that I'll have to rely on luck, but I feared that might be the case. Thanks for the quick reply though!

Alright. It's unfortunate that I'll have to rely on luck, but I feared that might be the case. Thanks for the quick reply though!
I forgot to mention though, if you want you can go and breed it and RNG it that way. Then you'll have full control over everything.

Thank you!

The pattern seems to indicate that 614 is your starting frame. The only problem is that hardy. The hardy nature with that PID%6 appears 1 after the modest which doesn't seem right.

Why do you list menu opened/not opened? I don't see how opening the menu would affect anything if you didn't do any PID advances. You're saved inside the house, right?
Also post the characteristics instead of the PID%6. If you post the PID%6 then we have to assume that you did it correctly which might not be true.
Make sure you check the IVs each time so that you're not posting natures/characteristics from a missed seed.

Also I know sometimes the seasons change when you exit the house. If that happens you should always let it fade by itself. I find that if you press A to get rid of it, it throws you off by a lot.
Oh, sorry - I was trying to save people the trouble of matching up characteristics... And I saved in the house - which, upon entering the game, as soon as I click "down," will exit the house immediately. I was afraid that dawdling in the house will cause my PID frames to advance on their own. And since it takes a fraction of a second to open the menu and access my Chatots, I thought it could cause a problem... so, without opening the menu, I listed my ultimate limit.

But now that you've mentioned it, I was pressing A to get rid of the season change... which is probably the cause of my inconsistencies. So, I'll try again without pressing through that and see if some consistency appears - but I did est. 615 as my starting frame, so that's a good sign. Now, to try again. XD

The f? Wrong MAC adress! Unbelievable -.-' I asked for that in like my second post about the whole problem... >>
Well congratz anywayz!

How do people know wether certain parameters are for flashcards, emulators and ds's? Or that a certain MAC adress isn't possible on a DS? Or is that information not really for everyone?

Edit: I guess that's another tip which can be used for the Roamer guide. First enter the game with the date of your seed and enter and exit any house so you won't have to deal with a season change when RNGing :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)