5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Edit: I guess that's another tip which can be used for the Roamer guide. First enter the game with the date of your seed and enter and exit any house so you won't have to deal with a season change when RNGing :P
It should also be noted that summer has no rain upon exiting the house (months 2,6,10). xD I know Spring and Winter have weather... never tried autumn. -__- I wish I could use a seed without the season changing, but due to some complications, I'm stuck between two icky issues: Either face rain upon exiting the house, or face a season change.

That sucks but I'm sure you're still able to pull it off ;)

I am definitely going to note that info down though, have been thinking about making some sort of Reference FAQ where all handy awnsers from this thread are saved (since I feel like mostly the same questions have been awnsered over and over again and some awnsers to unique questions are just too good not too save... my PM box is getting filled though xD)

Also I know sometimes the seasons change when you exit the house. If that happens you should always let it fade by itself. I find that if you press A to get rid of it, it throws you off by a lot.
You are a genius! You're definitely right... I'm good to go now - shooting for my target with my next try. I just recalibrated... now my starting frame is 623. with 10 advances, my Tornadus matches the one for frame 633. With 20 advances, my Tornadus matches frame 643. This is the most consistent its been for two days now! I probably could've saved myself SO much time if I wasn't doing that one little thing. XD

I'm currently RNG Abusing my ID/SID combination, and I am having trouble getting the combination I want.

I hit the time and frame that my combination was on, but I still got a different result. My combination result that I hit says it has an initial frame of 0, while the one I wanted has one of 28. Can it possibly be that I was holding down the button too long, (I held the L button until the end of the Game Freak screen, or whenever you can press A) or could it be something else? Thanks!(:

By using the Black or White Encounter Table you can predict which pokémon will appear when hitting your seed and chattering (or not) for a certain PID. If, for example, you are RNGing in Pinwheel Forest Exterior and your PID has encounter slot 1 you will encounter a Pidove.

@Tammigo: Duly noted. Indeed, some people simply benefit more from following a guide (myself included), than from human interaction. Fortunately, there are many users who provide more than enough experience to fill any possible gaps (Kaasoljoyyx’s back and forth with woaska about shaking spot abuse comes to mind).
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057&page=326
Unfortunately, I’m unable to give others such insightful explanations due to time restraints (work and smogon don’t mix). You could say I’m like a Gulpin who knows “Stockpile” and “Swallow,” but unable to use “Spit Up”…I fail at humor.

@Chaos Element: X: I hope you don’t mind, but I also included the conversation you had with UpsideDownHitmontop regarding the use of PID%6 to determine which PID Frame one should use as his/her SSF when Roamer Hunting (gotta give credit where credit is due). Up till now, I’ve only been using it to give “appropriate” characteristics to caught/bred Pokemon…guess this makes me “somewhat vain”…I’ve failed again. Come to think of it, I hope UpsideDownHitmontop doesn’t object either (don’t wish to violate any forum etiquette). If so, I’ll simply paraphrase this helpful exchange.

@Cefiro: Encounter Slots determine which Pokemon appears when you Sweet Scent/walk into shaking grass, etc. For example, let's say I want to catch a Tynamo in Chargestone Cave (B1F). Tynamo appears on Slots 10 (Lv27) and 11 (Lv27) on that floor. Therefore, I would look for a PID Frame which yielded one of those Encounter Slots on RNG Reporter, under Method 5 PIDRNG. Then, simply advance your PID Frame by viewing the summary of a Chattering Chatot (1 advancement per view and highly recommended) or by saving (1 advancement per save).
Remember, (Target Frame) - (Initial Frame) = Advances Required.
So, if your Target Frame is 80 and your Initial Frame (calculated by clicking "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame") is 45, then you would perform 35 chatters/saves.
Having a Synchronizer as your lead Pokemon increases your chances of acquiring your desired nature and is a real time-saver. Natures listed in bold print on RNG Reporter's Method 5 PIDRNG list means that they will change based on the nature of your Synchronizer.
There is a list of Encounter Slots available online that is easily accessible by clicking on "5th Gen Tools" and selecting "Black/White Encounter Table" (depends on your version). Do note that Slots begin at 0 and end at 11 and that Wandering NPCs will advance your PID Frame and possibly cause you to miss your Target Frame (Wandering = not moving in a set pattern). Hope I didn't overlook anything else. If so, I'm sure someone else will step up to be of added assistance.

EDIT: Here's a list of areas without Wandering NPCs: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057&page=313
I use it myself whenever I don't feel like dealing with Shifted Starting Frames.

I definitely wasn't thinking about another guide. Tesseraction's, Kaphotic's, OmegaDonut's, Sephirona's and Chizzu's (hopefully I'm not forgetting anyone) written guides are plenty to understand RNGing. If you still don't understand (I think that's a matter of being intimidated by a lot of terms and text like I was :P) you can always watch one of Bearfsan09's video's (which taught me).

You are right now linking to posts, instead I though of making a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions, so you don't have to keep looking back in posts) of, guess what, frequently asked questions here, so people can first read that to see if the question they have has already been awnsered or people that want to awnser a question could reference to the FAQ (you surely won't get ninja'd then :P). Also it's not there so people can ask questions, you have threads like these for questions. I definitely agree with you though, having personal help really can do wonders for people (have taught people to RNG on msn, I don't tell them 'how' to do it or the mechanics behind it all but rather 'what' to do, yes I'm a dictator XD, and it helps).

I've saved many usefull posts (quoted them to be able to give credits) about removing a fog/ sandstorm, encounter slots for swarms, how to remove a swarm, your NPCless area list, the Roamer Guide you translated and many other very helpfull awnsers and posts.

I wouldn't mind making such a FAQ/ Reference thread but with so many helpfull people and so many splendid guides I'm not sure wether it is wanted. Btw, I do think your humor is funny XD But then again, I laughed about Pride & Prejudice so... >> I'll just be your spit up partner then :P

I've started to wonder to which of my 100 posts in this thread you actually replied too... I hope I didn't just make your head explode with lots of text XD

The pattern seems to indicate that 614 is your starting frame. The only problem is that hardy. The hardy nature with that PID%6 appears 1 after the modest which doesn't seem right...
-__- Sigh - I'm having the same problem again: strange inconsistencies with where I thought I should be (info hidden below).

My seed: F511BEDFBD02B1B4
My seed's IV spread: 31/31/31/20/30/31
My TID/SID: 21204 / 18558

Advances: .... Nature:... Characteristic:
0.................. Quirky......Likes to thrash about
10................ Calm........Capable of taking hits
10................ Timid........Often dozes off
20................ Sassy.......Alert to sounds
251............... Serious.....Often dozes off (I got this twice*)
252............... Adamant...Alert to sounds (I got this twice*)
253............... Brave.......Likes to thrash about
260............... Brave.......Likes to thrash about
267............... Calm........Often dozes off
267............... Lax..........Often dozes off

*I tried 251 and 252 advances two times each and ended-up with their respective natures and characteristics both times... and I also did 10 advances and 267 advances twice, hence they're duplicated but have differing results.

I can see a pattern for the possible PIDRNG frames in the top 4 attempts, and in the last 3 attempts. But it's between 250 advances and 253 advances that has me stumped - they appear to be quite far apart on the PIDRNG when they shouldn't be... esp. 251 & 252, which, even though I've done it twice, continue to end-up with the same nature/characteristic (and yes, I check my IVs each time, and they're correct). 252 advances is the most troubling... this discrepancy has caused me to be unsure of how many advances I should do to hit my target of frame 890... in the meantime, I'll continue with advances from 253 - 266 to gain a better grasp on where I'm at.

@Chaos Element: X: I hope you don’t mind, but I also included the conversation you had with UpsideDownHitmontop regarding the use of PID%6 to determine which PID Frame one should use as his/her SSF when Roamer Hunting (gotta give credit where credit is due). Up till now, I’ve only been using it to give “appropriate” characteristics to caught/bred Pokemon…guess this makes me “somewhat vain”…I’ve failed again. Come to think of it, I hope UpsideDownHitmontop doesn’t object either (don’t wish to violate any forum etiquette). If so, I’ll simply paraphrase this helpful exchange.
Nah, I totally don't mind... this is a help forum after all, so I'm pretty sure most of us are open to people spreading our helpful hints... though, it's really UpsideDownHitmontop who helped me out with PID%6. And you helped a LOT of us out by translating that Roamer RNG guide... it was after reading that that I started RNGing my Tornadus (which I don't have another "choice" on what other move to make until I catch my target >.< - we both fail, lol).

I noticed you never tried to only do 1 advancement (or maybe you didn't list it?). As it really helps with breeding (like the guide says: 'I often find a disperancy between your SF (0 chatters) and your SSF (1 chatter)') it might help with RNGing your roamer?

I just felt like listing this:
PID frames:
Serious: 646, 657, 693, 711, 734, 758, 791, 809, 829, 840, 847, 893, 898
Adamant: 608, 655, 701, 705, 714, 726, 728, 741, 764, 778, 812, 833
Brave: 609, 612, 621, 642, 668, 671, 749, 797, 858, 863, 897

I noticed you never tried to only do 1 advancement (or maybe you didn't list it?). As it really helps with breeding (like the guide says: 'I often find a disperancy between your SF (0 chatters) and your SSF (1 chatter)') it might help with RNGing your roamer?
Oh, there's a difference between SF and SSF? ...O_O! I always assumed they were a different way of abbreviating the same thing... which seems dumb now, LOL. Okay, so you mean try, for example, 10,11,20,21,30,31... advancements?

I'm trying to redo 252 at the moment to fill in the awkward gap between 251 and 253 - maybe it'll shed some light on the major discrepancy there... It just really sucks to count out 250+ advancements and find out I hit the wrong timer0. >.< After counting up to about 1000 in 20 minutes, my counting starts to slip, so it may be the cause of the problem...

EDIT: Your listing - aw thanks, but you didn't have to... Though, you actually extended the range up to 900 - I only checked the PID%6 from 588 to 760 for the first couple of attempts... I'll prob. extend that parameter in a moment.

No, no. Just try only 1 chatter. I figured it helps with breeding so it might help with roamers?
Say your SF for a seed is 49 but when you advance it with one chatter it's 52 while it should've been 50 (and I'm not talking about this happening because of NPCs or rain). You should then use the second as your SSF to be able calculate things better. I haven't read this anywhere regarding roamer RNGing but I guess it's worth the try :P up to you though ^^

Edit: Here's what I've been talking about (Breeding guide by Tesseraction):

I'm not sure exactly how this works, but when you load your game, it shifts the PIDRNG somewhere into the 40-60 range, and this "Starting Frame (SF)" varies from seed to seed, but in areas with no NPCs, is (always? fairly?) consistent for any specific seed. Route 3 has wandering NPCs, however, and their initialization shifts the PIDRNG further by an amount which varies from save to save. The bolded part is important. Anytime you use a new save, you have to redo this step because the NPCs will have different starting positions!

Anyway, we're not even going to find THAT starting frame, because I find there's often a discrepancy between that frame and the frames after we chatter once. So we'll call the Shifted Starting Frame (SSF) the frame we get after loading the menu immediately after starting the game and listening to Chatot once on it summary. I feel this is important, because I began to have much more consistent results after I started using the SSF instead of the SF.

Double Edit: Lol, listing that takes no effort. I tried to find some pattern but... NOOOO XD I just really hope you can pull it of ^^ Yeah I looked till 900 since your target frame is at 890 (or did I enter some wrong things 0.o, I see a shiny jolly there). My counting sometimes already slips when going to 30 XD

I'm looking to get into RNG abuse. I've tried this once before, and failed miserably. I'm pretty sure it had to do with timer0 fluctuation or missing my seed frequently. I think I am more prepared now.

What I need is someone that has the time/patience to help me out through the step by step process of RNG abuse.

If anyone can help me out, send me a VM/PM.

Thanks in advance.

I don't need the help today necessarily, just someone to agree to help me whenever they're free.

No, no. Just try only 1 chatter.
Say your SF for a seed is 49 but when you advance it with one chatter it's 52 while it should've been 50 (and I'm not talking about this happening because of NPCs or rain). You should then use the second as your SSF to be able calculate things better. I haven't read this anywhere regarding roamer RNGing but I guess it's worth the try :P up to you though ^^
Oh, alright - that won't take long at all... though, it seems the rain and NPCs like to throw off my advancements... i.e, the first 4 spreads seem to suggest that I should do 267 advancements to reach my target. The latter 3 seem to suggest that I should do 251 advancements to reach my target... so, I've been dancing around between these two values. But I'll do what you suggested just to further verify where I think my starting point is.

@hockeyguy: Have you already found your parameters? They might be wrong (oooh... and you had better check your MAC address... I'm not falling for that one again XD) and that would explain why you can't hit a seed.
So tell me where we should start: parameter search or actual RNGing? I'd be willing to help you step by step on msn: PM me for msn (that way this topic won't get cluttered again :P)

@Chaos: Gl, btw that means a difference of 16 frames which isn't all that much when you have inconsistent mashing, sometimes losing count, rain and NPCs to mess you up. You're incredibly close right now :)

@Chaos: Gl, btw that means a difference of 16 frames which isn't all that much when you have inconsistent mashing, sometimes losing count, rain and NPCs to mess you up. You're incredibly close right now :)
I know, right?! It's like I can feel it within my grasp - everything was matching up so well... that is, until 251 and 252 advances - I retried them both and continue to get the same nature / characteristics... Problem is, with 251 advances, I'm -40 frames from where I ought to be... and with 252 advances, I'm over -/+100 frames from where I ought to be... Either I've miscalculated my PID%6, SOMEHOW (considering I've rechecked it multiple times), or these are just freak outliers. -__- Or maybe I've been wrong all along about my starting frame.

After about a week I finally got my first RNG pokemon. Yay me.

But I still need 5 more pokemon. I was going to attempt to breed(mainly cause 2 of the Pokemon require) I glance over the breeding thread everyone has been talking about. My question is do the parents need to be flawless, read quickly about the capturing the parents. This confused me because he/she spoke of RNGing the wild. do the parents need to be RNGed/flawless. I would assume no, however I'm unsure.

Look at Madarame's post for a link with to a post with spots that have no NPCs to advance the frame.

You don't need flawless parents immediately. You can RNG them. However there will ALWAYS be 3 IVs from the parent inherited to the baby. So if you have two parents that have no flawless IVs the best you could do for your baby is give it 3 flawless IVs. So in the end you need at least one parent with 3 IVs that are those which you want for your mon.

If you're just learning how to rng breed, you should probably do it the flawless way. If you want to do it the other way, you'll just have to understand the concept more. You'll also need a chatot.

I am planning on singles since there is no pertinent difference for me. I'm just apperently going to have to figure out the keypress thing, as find a pressless seed with impossibly precise conditions is difficult. I was just curious if it had been figured out.

Oh, recently I was breeding my marvel scale and extremespeed draitini. I had to forcefully work up the IVs to get something that even existed in what I wanted. So yes, the better parents you can get, the better off you are. I suggest collecting flawless ditto and smeargle.

I am planning on singles since there is no pertinent difference for me. I'm just apperently going to have to figure out the keypress thing, as find a pressless seed with impossibly precise conditions is difficult. I was just curious if it had been figured out.

Oh, recently I was breeding my marvel scale and extremespeed draitini. I had to forcefully work up the IVs to get something that even existed in what I wanted. So yes, the better parents you can get, the better off you are. I suggest collecting flawless ditto and smeargle.
Yeah, flawless ditto's are the way to go. If you're patient/smart enough, you can get by with a single flawless ditto (I still use Syberia's more often than not). For convenience though, you might want flawless ones of all viable natures. Fortunately with Standard Abuse, that's not hard. Really the only issue is repeatedly clearing out the fog at the Giant Chasm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)