5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yeah, flawless ditto's are the way to go. If you're patient/smart enough, you can get by with a single flawless ditto (I still use Syberia's more often than not). For convenience though, you might want flawless ones of all viable natures. Fortunately with Standard Abuse, that's not hard. Really the only issue is repeatedly clearing out the fog at the Giant Chasm.
You don't have to repeatedly clear it. There is a way to keep it gone till you leave the area...

I use one and set the nature of my target thing before going into the final step. It usually affords me a few good IVs too.

But I was serious about the smeargle, not only can it pass down egg moves, it can pass down dream world abilites too.

Male: Pass down egg moves
Female: (Possible) pass down DW ability

???
Well, if you were using a ditto, you'd be blocked from passing down DW, so the smeargle keeps that active, while if you have the right one, you can pass on IVs and egg moves. Of course, it can't create new dream world abilites on things that don't have them yet.

Well, if you were using a ditto, you'd be blocked from passing down DW, so the smeargle keeps that active, while if you have the right one, you can pass on IVs and egg moves. Of course, it can't create new dream world abilites on things that don't have them yet.
Male smeargle + ditto --> ditto takes female counterpart

Smeargle has no egg moves, so no moves will be passed on. Since we don't have DW dittos, we don't know how the ability will work but we know for sure that since it won't pass on egg moves, what you proposed is incorrect

Female smeargle + ditto --> ditto takes male counterpart

Smeargle will pass on its DW ability to offspring smeargle. Ditto will pass on egg moves, except it can't learn any moves besides transorm, and no one gets transform as an egg move

===============

So again, I ask you "???"

Male smeargle + ditto --> ditto takes female counterpart

Smeargle has no egg moves, so no moves will be passed on. Since we don't have DW dittos, we don't know how the ability will work but we know for sure that since it won't pass on egg moves, what you proposed is incorrect

Female smeargle + ditto --> ditto takes male counterpart

Smeargle will pass on its DW ability to offspring smeargle. Ditto will pass on egg moves, except it can't learn any moves besides transorm, and no one gets transform as an egg move

===============

So again, I ask you "???"
DW Eevee + IV Smeargle = DW, Egg moves, IV Eevee
DW Eevee + IV Ditto = IV Eevee

I don't even know why are you discussing it, since you can't pass DW abilities when you breed with a Ditto anyway.

For some reason I misread your post where it seemed like the smeargle was going to pass down egg moves and pass down DW ability from the same smeargle

I'm having some issues, the frame I want was 17, and I was in chargestone cave.. I listened to chatter 16 times, and the poke I caught didn't have the proper IV spread, anyone know whats wrong?

*started the game at the proper time, didn't press extra buttons*

Ok, that's an IVRNG shot. You advance that through 128 step batches, not through chatters. Also, 17 isn't the best number for that purpose. I guess if you have two or four pokémon on hand, it will work.

Might have hit your second Timer0
I'm not entirely sure what this means D:

Ok, that's an IVRNG shot. You advance that through 128 step batches, not through chatters. Also, 17 isn't the best number for that purpose. I guess if you have two or four pokémon on hand, it will work.
I'm doing it in Chargestone Cave, so I would need alot of repels... @ the start of the thread it said listening to chatter = +1 frame o_O

I'm not entirely sure what this means D:

I'm doing it in Chargestone Cave, so I would need alot of repels... @ the start of the thread it said listening to chatter = +1 frame o_O
Read again. There are 2 RNGs. Viewing Chatot's summary with a recorded chatter advances the PIDRNG (for natures, abilities, gender + many other things). Walking 128 steps advances the IVRNG (for IVs obviously).

Are you using 3 keypresses? Go to "5th gen DS parameters setup" in the time finder and choose 2 or 3 keypresses. You will get more results (though the search is longer) and hopefully you won't have to go for a frame 17 spread. Frame 1 is the ideal for IVs but 2-6 is alright too. Anything higher is just annoying.

I'm having some issues, the frame I want was 17, and I was in chargestone cave.. I listened to chatter 16 times, and the poke I caught didn't have the proper IV spread, anyone know whats wrong?

*started the game at the proper time, didn't press extra buttons*

Try right clicking your target and choose "Generate Adjacent Frames (Current Frame)" and see if you hit any of the seeds there.. If you are, then thats the answer! You've hit another seed :)

For the encounter slots of surfing/fishing/bubble spot/??? pokes, which one is each?

For example encounter slot 4, Striaton City (White)

Basculin Blue
Basculin Red
Goldeen
Seaking

Which pokes are with which wild encounter?

For the encounter slots of surfing/fishing/bubble spot/??? pokes, which one is each?

For example encounter slot 4, Striaton City (White)

Basculin Blue
Basculin Red
Goldeen
Seaking

Which pokes are with which wild encounter?
I'm surprised so many people have trouble with that even though it's fairly obvious.

Notice there are four ways you can encounter Pokemon on the water
They are listed as: Surf | Surf (water spot)| Fish | Fish (water spot)

Notice that under each slot there are four Pokemon? Still haven't figured it out yet?

For slot 2, 3 and 4 in Striaton City Basculin Blue is the surf Pokemon, Basculin Red is the surf (water spot Pokemon), Goldeen is the fishing Pokemon and Seaking is the fish (water spot) Pokemon.
So if you encounter something by surfing/sweet scenting on slot 2 you will get a Basculin Blue. If you fish on slot 2 you get a Goldeen.

I'm trying to understand how moving NPCs affect Wild Pokemon capture.

From reading the initial posts, my current understanding is that moving NPCs affect the PIDRNG, but not the MTIVRNG. Is this right?

I'm currently trying to RNG a Perfect Jolly Pupitar on Route 15. There are at least two moving NPCs with a possible third, and another one that moves in a set pattern.

Using a Frame 1 Standard seed, I went through the process of finding the PIDRNG starting frame and hit Generate. After starting up the game, mashed X, Sweet Scented, and caught the Pokemon that appeared: a Lonely Level 50 Fearow with perfect IVs. I did this four more times in the exact same manner, and I got the same Pokemon every time.

After this, I decided to go through the catching process again, but this time, after listening to my Chatot once. After Sweet Scenting and catching the Pokemon that appeared, I checked to see if I hit my MTIVRNG seed, but the IVs were completely different: a Careful Level 49 Kangaskhan with a 23/11/19/02/05/04 spread. I did this another four more times to see if I did something different to miss out on my original perfect spread seed, but I kept getting the same Kangaskhan with the same stats and everything.

Did listening to my Chatot once advance the MTIVRNG, or is there something else I'm missing? Did the moving NPCs have anything to do with me missing my MTIVRNG seed?

I'm trying to understand how moving NPCs affect Wild Pokemon capture.

From reading the initial posts, my current understanding is that moving NPCs affect the PIDRNG, but not the MTIVRNG. Is this right?

I'm currently trying to RNG a Perfect Jolly Pupitar on Route 15. There are at least two moving NPCs with a possible third, and another one that moves in a set pattern.

Using a Frame 1 Standard seed, I went through the process of finding the PIDRNG starting frame and hit Generate. After starting up the game, mashed X, Sweet Scented, and caught the Pokemon that appeared: a Lonely Level 50 Fearow with perfect IVs. I did this four more times in the exact same manner, and I got the same Pokemon every time.

After this, I decided to go through the catching process again, but this time, after listening to my Chatot once. After Sweet Scenting and catching the Pokemon that appeared, I checked to see if I hit my MTIVRNG seed, but the IVs were completely different: a Careful Level 49 Kangaskhan with a 23/11/19/02/05/04 spread. I did this another four more times to see if I did something different to miss out on my original perfect spread seed, but I kept getting the same Kangaskhan with the same stats and everything.

Did listening to my Chatot once advance the MTIVRNG, or is there something else I'm missing? Did the moving NPCs have anything to do with me missing my MTIVRNG seed?
Sometimes you hit a different timer0 so, you could be just booting the game up at the wrong millisecond (per say).
Chatot nor NPCs advance the IV frame. Ever. Only moving 128 steps with x Pokemon in your party, or moving Pokemon in the PC advances the IV frame.

Hitmontop, keypresses are done during the white loading screen, correct?
As soon as you start the game. Hold them until you see the star crash.

Sometimes you hit a different timer0 so, you could be just booting the game up at the wrong millisecond (per say).
Chatot nor NPCs advance the IV frame. Ever. Only moving 128 steps with x Pokemon in your party, or moving Pokemon in the PC advances the IV frame.
Booting up at the wrong time? That would mean I got the wrong IV seed 5 times in a row after getting the right IV seed 5 times in a row. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's highly unlikely because I'm doing the same thing every time.

I'm currently on my third try to get the correct IV seed w/o hearing a Chatot, and my first two tries were spot on: a Lonely Level 50 Fearow with perfect IVs.

Booting up at the wrong time? That would mean I got the wrong IV seed 5 times in a row after getting the right IV seed 5 times in a row. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's highly unlikely because I'm doing the same thing every time.

I'm currently on my third try to get the correct IV seed w/o hearing a Chatot, and my first two tries were spot on: a Lonely Level 50 Fearow with perfect IVs.
Right click the seed in the time finder, choose to generate adjacent seeds (current frame) and look for the wrong IVs you got.

Right click the seed in the time finder, choose to generate adjacent seeds (current frame) and look for the wrong IVs you got.
Hmm, I didn't know about this feature. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

So I did find adjacent seeds, and Winters Zombie was correct. There is a similar seed with the same time but different Timer0.

Anyways, after hitting the wrong IV seed several times, I managed to find a pattern in the natures, and I found out that at my current save point on Route 15, the NPCs advance the PIDRNG frame by about 17 or 18 frames.

So now, it becomes a matter of hitting the correct seed and getting lucky. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)