5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Which Larvesta Egg are you referring to?

If you are breeding for it - the method you would use would be Breeding (BW) (or BW International if using international parents).

If you are referring to the Egg received ingame - that uses the Larvesta Egg method.

For a bred Larvesta: You want to follow the breeding guides linked in the third post (or also just above this post!) - there's a whole lot of information there about how to breed for IVs, gender, ability, shininess. (You can also now use the Shiny Egg finder in RNG reporter, which is briefly detailed in this guide.)

For a gift Larvesta: As there's no inheritance etc. to worry about this is the same as any normal RNGd pokémon - look for a frame with the desired IVs and a nearby shiny frame, then advance the PIDRNG using a Chatot - I seem to recall a moving NPC in there though, so some frustation may ensue.
I'm trying to get the gift. Ok so basically with shinies I find my seed, get to that frame and then advance the PIDRNG. Do I have to do anything with the full seed on the main RNG page?

Is the poster above correct with having the max frame to search at 200?

Also how do O get the right nature? Is it set for the frame that'll be shiny? Which means I have to find a shiny frame with the right nature. Correct?
I really appriciate all the help guys!

so I´m having "fun" with a roamer
I used the forum search function and found posts about starting PID frame of roamers and now I´m quite confused

some say it´s around 550-750 for your starting PID frame if there is no prior weather before the roamer arrives and around 1500-1900 if it's raining before the roamer arrives

I found another one stating his starting frame was around 460, another one said 1900-2000...and the spanish guy´s roamer guide that got translated had a starting frame of 621...

I´m having trouble figuring out where mine is, I have no clue where to start the search and finding a pattern in 2000 frames is a bit much to ask (not to mention that wasn´t prepared to hunt down the roamer before I saved in the house, now I have to heart scale mean look hypnosis my gengar each try lol...

when I come out ouf the house, there´s a mild rain (it´s spring) and after the roamer flies off it gets heavy and stops afterwards...but the mild rain starts again on the route

the seed is B30DC7265D3F0AC2 and here´s the natures I got

+0 MODEST
+0 MODEST
+1 BASHFUL
+1 BASHFUL
+2 LAX
+5 RASH
+10 RASH
+15 QUIRKY
+20 HARDY
+23 LONELY

+x means chatots

I´m thankful for whatever help I get, at least where I should search for the starting PID frame
Did you take note of the characteristics to determine what your PID is? And you already said it yourself, if there's mild rain it's somewhere in that 1500 range area.

Ok, so i saved again with the old man holding the egg and i got a different result:
Male Solosis
Bold nature Overcoat ability
31/X/X/X/31/31 ivs
no chatters
Can you please post a SS of your main window for RNG, seed and frames included? To advance the frame you'll need a pair of chatots or to save. Saving increases the frame by +1.

Also, is Bold with overcoat on frame 42?

Ok, so i saved again with the old man holding the egg and i got a different result:
Male Solosis
31/X/X/X/31/31 ivs
no chatters
I would like to ask, first time when you did no chatters (because you didn't had a Chatot), and now you didn't chatter but got a Bold? (Btw, wasn't bold the one you wanted?)

I just want to thank everyone for their help. Because of all of you, I was able to breed flawless shiny female/male Ralts, a flawless shiny female Gothia, and a flawless shiny female Cottonee. Now its time to breed for a flawless shiny male Axew. Thank you all again for the help.

so I´m having "fun" with a roamer
I used the forum search function and found posts about starting PID frame of roamers and now I´m quite confused

some say it´s around 550-750 for your starting PID frame if there is no prior weather before the roamer arrives and around 1500-1900 if it's raining before the roamer arrives

I found another one stating his starting frame was around 460, another one said 1900-2000...and the spanish guy´s roamer guide that got translated had a starting frame of 621...

I´m having trouble figuring out where mine is, I have no clue where to start the search and finding a pattern in 2000 frames is a bit much to ask (not to mention that wasn´t prepared to hunt down the roamer before I saved in the house, now I have to heart scale mean look hypnosis my gengar each try lol...

when I come out ouf the house, there´s a mild rain (it´s spring) and after the roamer flies off it gets heavy and stops afterwards...but the mild rain starts again on the route

the seed is B30DC7265D3F0AC2 and here´s the natures I got

+0 MODEST
+0 MODEST
+1 BASHFUL
+1 BASHFUL
+2 LAX
+5 RASH
+10 RASH
+15 QUIRKY
+20 HARDY
+23 LONELY

+x means chatots

I´m thankful for whatever help I get, at least where I should search for the starting PID frame
Starting frame is 550-750 with no weather before the roamer arrives. With rain before the roamer arrives it's between 1500-1900. Snow is somewhere in between the two. Don't do it in rain. That's going to be very difficult on a DS. :/
You need nature and characteristic to do PID%6. You could look for the nature sequence alone but the characteristics gives you more confidence that you've found the right starting frame.

Male Solosis
31/X/X/X/31/31 ivs
no chatters
I'm not going to read this whole convo but it seems like you're trying to RNG an egg. There's no trial and error in it. You open the menu, exit the menu, grab egg and hatch it. Look for a match near your Calculated initial PID frame. The matching frame is your actual starting frame. Redo it and view Chatot's summary 'til you get to the PID frame you want. It's a 2 step process. First to find your actual initial frame then to aim for your target. Also stop resaving. Resaving changes the positions of the NPCs which changes your actual initial frame.

I would like to ask, first time when you did no chatters (because you didn't had a Chatot), and now you didn't chatter but got a Bold? (Btw, wasn't bold the one you wanted?)
Actually i wanted a bold one with magic coat ability, not over coat.

Can you please post a SS of your main window for RNG, seed and frames included? To advance the frame you'll need a pair of chatots or to save. Saving increases the frame by +1.

Also, is Bold with overcoat on frame 42?
Yeah, um how do you take a screen shot? Im kinda new to this.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh my, I managed to get a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly Zekrom on my 3rd attempt of RNGing in 5th gen, including the calibration attempt (yay for 3rd and 4th gen RNGing experience). Thanks bearsfan092 for the videos explaining the process, ToastPlusOne for EonTimer and Mingot and Omegadonut for RNG reporter.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I saw that after I posted so I took it out before someone noticed. Guess I was too slow.

Is it possible to use C-Gear abuse for a shiny egg? I prefer it over the standard method because I'm used to it.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I see... well time to learn something new.

Edit: Whoops, I need to learn to read. I can't use standard method.

Is there a way to make a very, very broad search timewise for a seed in 5th Gen? Right now I'm looking for a shiny Stationary with HP Fire, which is relatively rare; is there any way to search whole decades at a time?

EDIT: I see. Thanks anyway.

when going for a shiny egg, do i spam x the minute the season appears or do i wait until after it fades to spam x? and if an npc moves at any time, am i fucked?

No, you have to account for moving NPCs by doing it twice. You first get your egg and see what PID frame you landed on. This tells you how much the NPCs moved you [usually lands you on 50~55]. Then you reset and do it again, but you to the appropriate # of chatters.

And I usually start spamming X when I finish the c-gear options. Pressing X won't change anything, and it's better to spam it earlier than later. You'll get a more consistent rhythm and you most likely won't be off due to forgetting to press X.

Finally reached my goal guys! Thanks so much! 31/31/31/19/31/0 Brave Golett with Iron Fist! And one more question. Is there anyway to use C-Gear rnging for breeding?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm trying to catch a shiny Rufflet.
Full seed is: 15D05F2B0436C14F
IV frame 6 PID frame 196.
ID 58371 SID 20686
I'm at the Village Bridge to catch it since that's the only place with an Encounter Slot 4 Rufflet.
I manage to get the correct IVs (31/31/31/21/31/31) each time but I believe something is wrong with my PID advancing. I keep getting a level 48 Docile Rufflet with the characteristic of "Somewhat vain." and ability 0. I believe my problem is the NPCs in that area. Is there any way to control them better? I believe I'm hitting a PID frame of 302 with my advances and all the NPC movement but I could be wrong. I'll be trying 106 less PID advances this next time.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm trying to catch a shiny Rufflet.
Full seed is: 15D05F2B0436C14F
IV frame 6 PID frame 196.
ID 58371 SID 20686
I'm at the Village Bridge to catch it since that's the only place with an Encounter Slot 4 Rufflet.
I manage to get the correct IVs (31/31/31/21/31/31) each time but I believe something is wrong with my PID advancing. I keep getting a level 48 Docile Rufflet with the characteristic of "Somewhat vain." and ability 0. I believe my problem is the NPCs in that area. Is there any way to control them better? I believe I'm hitting a PID frame of 302 with my advances and all the NPC movement but I could be wrong. I'll be trying 106 less PID advances this next time.
Sorry but you gotta go for IV Frame 1 (and use Honey I think)

There's one NPC there, near the bottom left side of the river.

It'll be difficult for you to keep track of your PID frame there. Since you have to advance your IV frame with 128 steps, the NPC will probably have moved quite a bit by the time you've finished. Unless you can find a way to consistently move, using the exact same path and amount of time, I would try to find a different spread, preferably with IV frame 1.

If you can find one with ESV 0, 2, 8, or 10, you can go to Victory Road's entrance and use any IV frame there, since there's no NPCs. Using an IV frame other than 1 in an area with NPCs is a tough task.

Where can I find an up to date guide for ID/SID abuse?
The one linked to in the third post (this) explains it pretty well. It's what I used for abusing mine. (It was written a while ago, but everything it gives you there is the same information known today.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)