5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

My lowest frame is 71. Is that Ok? If so what is a quick way to advance it?

(I am now catching Reshiram, Cobalion was just a trial to check if the RNG works for me).

(I am now catching Reshiram, Cobalion was just a trial to check if the RNG works for me).
quickest and easiest way is using chatots.record something to chatter move using ur mic. then everytime you view it's summery the pid frame will advance by 1.use 2 chatots to flip the summeries between them to make things faster.
otherwise saving advance the frame by 1 too.but its harder to save like 30 times right.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the IV frame. From the first post:

Advancing the frame:
  • Moving 128 steps with Z Pokémon in your party.
    - Advances the frame by Z.​
  • Moving a Pokémon to your party from the PC Box (Withdraw/Move)
    - Advances the frame by 7.​

Three questions. I'm RNGing the event Mewtwo in Pokémon B/W.

The on-site guide mentions that the frame after the IV frame is used to generate the nature a shiny wondercard Pokémon. Is this true for non-shiny wondercards too?

Also, I was under the impression that "initial frame" only mattered if you were in an area with moving NPCs (that would advance the frame before you could do anything...). Why does it matter for RNGing wondercards?

One only tangentially related, how do keypresses work? Like, if I had to hold three keys, would I hold them all from when the game loads until the opening movie? Then when I press "continue" on the menu, it'd generate the seed taking them into account?

Oh, and thank you guys for all your hard work on unravelling the RNG mechanics of the Pokémon games!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also, I was under the impression that "initial frame" only mattered if you were in an area with moving NPCs (that would advance the frame before you could do anything...). Why does it matter for RNGing wondercards?

One only tangentially related, how do keypresses work? Like, if I had to hold three keys, would I hold them all from when the game loads until the opening movie? Then when I press "continue" on the menu, it'd generate the seed taking them into account?
The PIDRNG starts on frame 40-55, NPC advances just add to that.

The seed is generated shortly after you start the game from the main DS menu, so you only need to hold the keys through the first logo screen or so. Nothing you do after that should affect the seed.

RNG Reporter: 9.94 Beta
Capture: Quintflawless Zekrom at N's Castle (31/31/31/8/31/31)
Target data:
Seed=96624FA72587B446,
Frame=0
Time=09/18/12 07:14:09
DS (original) data:
MAC=0017ABBE2478
Timer0=C7F_
Vcount=60
VFrame=6
After taking all of my calibration data into account, I start the game from the DS menu at 07:14:08 because of the 1 second differential. However, I never get a result that's remotely traceable on the Adjacent Seed Tool, even up to 10 frames and 10 seconds range. I do, though, get the same result every single instance I hit that time.

Zekrom - #644 (Jolly)
HP: 26 - 27
Att: 18 - 19
Def: 26 - 27
SpA: 2 - 3
SpD: 28 - 29
Speed: 28 - 30

When I attempted at 07:14:07 (1 second earlier), I get the result predicted at 07:18:08 at frame 0. Logic suggests that hitting the game one second later would put me at 07:14:09 at frame 0, but that is not the case. Does anyone know why?

RNG Reporter: 9.94 Beta
Capture: Quintflawless Zekrom at N's Castle (31/31/31/8/31/31)
After taking all of my calibration data into account, I start the game from the DS menu at 07:14:08 because of the 1 second differential. However, I never get a result that's remotely traceable on the Adjacent Seed Tool, even up to 10 frames and 10 seconds range. I do, though, get the same result every single instance I hit that time.

Zekrom - #644 (Jolly)
HP: 26 - 27
Att: 18 - 19
Def: 26 - 27
SpA: 2 - 3
SpD: 28 - 29
Speed: 28 - 30

When I attempted at 07:14:07 (1 second earlier), I get the result predicted at 07:18:08 at frame 0. Logic suggests that hitting the game one second later would put me at 07:14:09 at frame 0, but that is not the case. Does anyone know why?
seems like you are hitting your other timer0
can you post the screens of your time finder and main screen window

I'm unsure how to calibrate for an alternate timer0 at that certain time, though.
How many times have you tried catching Zekrom? If you keep trying you'll eventually get your target IVs. Also, are you taking any steps before you battle Zekrom? If you are then resave so you're directly in front of Zekrom.

How many times have you tried catching Zekrom? If you keep trying you'll eventually get your target IVs. Also, are you taking any steps before you battle Zekrom? If you are then resave so you're directly in front of Zekrom.
I've made the attempt about 6 or 7 times, and I talk to Zekrom without taking any action beforehand.

I've made the attempt about 6 or 7 times, and I talk to Zekrom without taking any action beforehand.
Ok, another thing that could be causing it: after you press A on the DS menu, are you making sure that you press no buttons until the star appears? Your seed has no keypresses, so if you press buttons you're going to hit a different seed.

Ok, another thing that could be causing it: after you press A on the DS menu, are you making sure that you press no buttons until the star appears? Your seed has no keypresses, so if you press buttons you're going to hit a different seed.
Yeah I made sure about that after a few times I mashed A until the Pokemon Company screen. The results were made with no buttons pressed.

I am trying to hit a certain spread for a pokemon egg without using an everstone but with having international parents and one of them is a Japanese Ditto. I am supposed to start on Frame 48 according to RNG reporter and advance with Chatot's call through Chatter 11 times to get to frame 59 which has the nature and iv spread I want. I know I am hitting my seed correctly because I keep getting natures that are either a few above or below them. Is this because of NPCs? And if so what is the most effective way I can get rid of the interference so I can hit my frames more effectively?

What is the route that has no moving NPCs at all?
Here is a list of places without WNPCs that advance the pid
Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave (B1F)
Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
Route 17 P2 Laboratory Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
Route 9
Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
Victory Road (Exterior)
Trial Chamber
Marvelous Bridge
Giant Chasm (Outside)
Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
Challenger’s Cave (1F)

I am trying to hit a certain spread for a pokemon egg without using an everstone but with having international parents and one of them is a Japanese Ditto. I am supposed to start on Frame 48 according to RNG reporter and advance with Chatot's call through Chatter 11 times to get to frame 59 which has the nature and iv spread I want. I know I am hitting my seed correctly because I keep getting natures that are either a few above or below them. Is this because of NPCs? And if so what is the most effective way I can get rid of the interference so I can hit my frames more effectively?
i think if you are using rng reporter the international egg's ivs are messed.i saw few pages back OD told it will be fixed in the next issue of rng reporter

i think if you are using rng reporter the international egg's ivs are messed.i saw few pages back OD told it will be fixed in the next issue of rng reporter
Can anyone confirm this for me? If thats true I will start using a non international ditto I just want to make sure thats whats happening?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can anyone confirm this for me? If thats true I will start using a non international ditto I just want to make sure thats whats happening?
There is a problem with the IVs, but it's only in the way they're displayed. Your problem is caused by moving NPCs, and there's no way to get rid of them - you just have to figure out how many extra frames they add and compensate for that.

Hey everybody, I just have a question/want some advice.

I just went through the process of restarting and trying for a shiny starter (B/W 5th gen) and I went through all the steps that are outlined on-line ect. and my starter was not shiny.
Now some background info,
YES, my trainer ID was what I aimed for,
YES, my IV's are presumably what I aimed for (received "alert to sounds")
YES, after frame adjusting I hit the nature I aimed for

but my starter wasn't shiny?? ... and in Pandoras box it said true ... can ANYBODY please give me some pointers as to what could have gone wrong?
Feel free to PM me too!

Thanks!

Hey everybody, I just have a question/want some advice.

I just went through the process of restarting and trying for a shiny starter (B/W 5th gen) and I went through all the steps that are outlined on-line ect. and my starter was not shiny.
Now some background info,
YES, my trainer ID was what I aimed for,
YES, my IV's are presumably what I aimed for (received "alert to sounds")
YES, after frame adjusting I hit the nature I aimed for

but my starter wasn't shiny?? ... and in Pandoras box it said true ... can ANYBODY please give me some pointers as to what could have gone wrong?
Feel free to PM me too!

Thanks!
We need more information, please :]

What's your ID/SID? And, what is your target seed? What's your target IV frame? What's your target PID frame?

New Target TID: 44423
New Target SID: 03737

Target Seed: C7BBC730502DE528
Target IV frame: 1
Target PID Frame: 58
Frame 58 does show up shiny, so if you hit your target PID frame then it should be shiny.

But I notice that there are several other Jolly frames for you seed; are you sure you hit the right one? Also, did you calibrate for your starting PID frame correctly? Maybe you did the wrong amount of PID advancements.

If I am looking for a seed for my pokemon egg and put min and max advances as 0 that means if I hit my target seed then I can just collect the egg and it will be the frame I want without having to advance the seed with Chatot at all correct?

If I am looking for a seed for my pokemon egg and put min and max advances as 0 that means if I hit my target seed then I can just collect the egg and it will be the frame I want without having to advance the seed with Chatot at all correct?
The NPCs could possibly make you pass up your starting frame (they will make you pass it up most likely), so it might not be the best choice. However, I've never tried this method so maybe if you take the egg fast enough then the NPCs won't advance at all. But I'm not completely sure. I would just use any seed, find my shifted starting frame, and advance accordingly next time :P

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I don't think you'll be able to do that since I believe WNPCs start moving when the seasons screen shows up, moment at which you still have no control over your character. I'm not sure tough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)