5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
When exiting out of the Pokemon Menu from making your Chatot advances. Is their a particular way one should do it? Can you just go ahead and press the X from the last Chatot summary advancement or should one exit all the way out to the MAIN Manu and THEN select X from there??! Just wondering if this has any effect on the frame advancement by NPC's
NPCs won't move if the menu is up, so regardless of how you do it it'll always be the same.

NPCs won't move if the menu is up, so regardless of how you do it it'll always be the same.
Oh ok, I only asked because I notice if I press the X from the actual Chatot Summary their is a black screen "delay' (what seems like a delay anyways) and when I press X from the MAIN menu, their doesn't appear to be an OBVIOUS 'black out' obviously because you can already see the 'over world'. Thanks though.

The RNG Reporter (Still 9.96.4) has told me that frame 56 for Seed F7FE101B05183E52 will be a Quite Natured, Shiny Pokemon with the spread 30/31/31/31/30/3, for Trick Room and HP Ground 70. But it's not Shiny when I hatch it. Everything else is correct. My ID is 22974/20241.

It's interesting to note that 2 frames later is a Serious Shiny Egg, and that one actually IS shiny when I get it.

Any help?

EDIT: If it makes a difference, the time is 20:49:17 on 2/29/12. I mean, I know I've hit the seed (I got both babies right...) but that may be important, I guess.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
The RNG Reporter (Still 9.96.4) has told me that frame 56 for Seed F7FE101B05183E52 will be a Quite Natured, Shiny Pokemon with the spread 30/31/31/31/30/3, for Trick Room and HP Ground 70. But it's not Shiny when I hatch it. Everything else is correct. My ID is 22974/20241.

It's interesting to note that 2 frames later is a Serious Shiny Egg, and that one actually IS shiny when I get it.

Any help?
Are you using international parents? Everstone?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Everstone, but that's already been taken into account
I looked up the seed on RNG reporter 9.96.5, and with the given information it tells me that frame yields no shiny. frame 57 is shiny, and frame 59 is also shiny, tho the nature for that one is Docile.

Edit: Without the everstone frame 58 becomes shiny. Frame 56 is still not shiny and has an Impish nature :/

Quick question guys, approximately how many frames does the wnpc on dreamyard advance assuming button mashing at all points. Also, does the wnpc move during the encounter with latios? Or does he pause?

Well, I updated the RNG Reporter, put the Seed back in and now it's telling me I'm getting different IVs from the Frame. Ugh... it seems like getting Shinies is just a pain in the ass.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Well, I updated the RNG Reporter, put the Seed back in and now it's telling me I'm getting different IVs from the Frame. Ugh... it seems like getting Shinies is just a pain in the ass.
This might be just my opinion but I have found breeding to be a lot easier without the Everstone.

BW2 parameter searcher PRNG

Hello.

I have been creeping on the smogon forums for a few weeks, but this is the first time I have ever posted anything.
I have an English version of White 2 and I have attempted to find my parameters using both the Unova Link and the standard method that was available in BW1. After several tries of both methods I have gotten different Vcounts and Vframes every time. As I understand it, these two values should be constant. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? This my first time attempting to rng, so I am sure it is user error somewhere. I am using a 3DS and PRNG 1.14.4. Also, I have been using the Cobalion outside of Lacunosa town for IV parameters.

Posting to confirm this.

More specifically, I put in 7 spinners or so and get a single result, but when I put in an 8th that result vanishes. Then when I start over the same thing happens, except the new result also has completely different VCount & VFrame. No keypresses for any of them. I know I'm inputting the correct spinner directions, so it isn't that, either.

EDIT:

I've checked, double-checked, and triple-checked to make absolutely sure that the spinners are right, and I'm keeping my fingers off all the buttons until after the Gamefreak logo to make sure there're no keypresses getting in the way. Yet this is happening every time, each one with different VCount/VFrame. I've tried expanding the parameters, too, but the same thing happens.
Okay, I think I looked at this the wrong way.

When I run a search with only a few spinners, of course I get a long list of possible results. When I add another spinner and search again, I get a much smaller list of results...that weren't included in the previous list. From my understanding this shouldn't be possible. It looks like the calculation is still bugged or something.

Hey guys. I haven't RNG'd since BW1, is there anything I should know about RNG'ing in BW2 that may have changed? Thanks in advance.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I think I looked at this the wrong way.

When I run a search with only a few spinners, of course I get a long list of possible results. When I add another spinner and search again, I get a much smaller list of results...that weren't included in the previous list. From my understanding this shouldn't be possible. It looks like the calculation is still bugged or something.
From what Slashmolder has said before, I think you need to have a certain number of spins (10, I think?) before it will calculate it properly.
Hey guys. I haven't RNG'd since BW1, is there anything I should know about RNG'ing in BW2 that may have changed? Thanks in advance.
Breeding is impossible, Entralink no longer uses delay, and there's a lot more Timer0s. Besides that, it's basically the same.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
everything is pretty much the same except you can hit over 10 different timer0s and breeding is currently impossible

everything is pretty much the same except you can hit over 10 different timer0s and breeding is currently impossible
Breeding is impossible, Entralink no longer uses delay, and there's a lot more Timer0s. Besides that, it's basically the same.
Well, that stinks. I'm having a little trouble calibrating my Black 2 game. Whenever I hit "Search" after catching the Pokemon, it doesn't bring anything up. Do I just keep trying?

EDIT: I figured it out.

So I'm farming Genesects by trading over Chatots and having an NPC in a Pokémon Center is actually useful. The moving NPC in the second town has several different possible starting points and directions, so I've recorded which way he faces when I hit the right timer0. I haven't had any trouble with him after verifying my frame and talking to the deliveryman, either.
~Uiru

From what Slashmolder has said before, I think you need to have a certain number of spins (10, I think?) before it will calculate it properly.
So I'm aware. But AFAIK adding more spins should only rule out results, not generate completely new ones. And once I reach around 7 or more, nothing shows up, like I mentioned in the first post about it.

I'm trying to rng Reshiram in dragonspiral tower in black1 and I'm always hitting the right seed, because the IVs are correct, but my nature is always hardy instead of modest, like RNG-reporter said. So is there sth in dragonspiral tower, that advances the frame?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
You need to advance the pid frame. If you don't have a chatter with you the next best option would be saving as there is nothing there that can advance the frames.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Is there a bug in the Simple Seed Generator?
Because every time I press the create button to generate a seed, it crashes...
"Unhandled Exception blahblahblah..."

Quick question guys, approximately how many frames does the wnpc on dreamyard advance assuming button mashing at all points. Also, does the wnpc move during the encounter with latios? Or does he pause?
any1?

Also got another question, if the shiny seed im using is all female seed, it will not work when rnging latios right cause latios is locked as male?

standard seed for stationary: 14B11BA6BE97799C

I have a 3DS with following parameters:
DS-MAC Adress: 58BDA329C164
VCount: 86
VFrame: 8
GxStat: 6
Timer0: 1165

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)