5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I just had a quick question. I remember back when BW2 came out that the breeding in the game was supposedly a lot different than BW1 and supposedly you couldn't RNG breed on it. Is this still the case? Is it impossible to RNG breed in BW2?

Is it easy to PIDRNG Azelf or do the NPCs in the area screw around too much for it to be consistent?

EDIT: Seems my timer0 was trolling me, PID didn't shift for it and got what I needed :)

Say I calibrated on my White, all that good stuff. Now if I got a second White, and used it on the same DS as the first White, would I need to recalibrate?

You can always calibrate in-game, then start a new game if you wanted to RNG your TID/SID. Of course, it would be faster if Unova Link calibration wasn't broken...
Oh no that's not an issue at all, I had already infact RNGed my ID and SID in my B2. I only wanted to know if that was functional because I wasn't entirely sure I had worked out all my timer0s.

hi, my question has to do with npcs in general.
I want to RNG landorus as well as a wild pokemon in abundant shrine.
but i understand there are NPCs that can make my PID frame advance
I have never entered the area before
so i have never battled anyone.

In order to prevent the NPCs from advancing the frame, do i just not battle them? or do i battle them? thats whats confusing me.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
hi, my question has to do with npcs in general.
I want to RNG landorus as well as a wild pokemon in abundant shrine.
but i understand there are NPCs that can make my PID frame advance
I have never entered the area before
so i have never battled anyone.

In order to prevent the NPCs from advancing the frame, do i just not battle them? or do i battle them? thats whats confusing me.

Once you leave the area after battling them, they will start moving again. Make sure you have everything the first time.

Alternatively, you can avoid the ones that move randomly, trigger the appearance of Landorus, then leave to put the other two genies away. Once Landorus appears, it will be there waiting for you to battle even if you leave and come back.

Once you leave the area after battling them, they will start moving again. Make sure you have everything the first time.

Alternatively, you can avoid the ones that move randomly, trigger the appearance of Landorus, then leave to put the other two genies away. Once Landorus appears, it will be there waiting for you to battle even if you leave and come back.
So i would battle everyone. that would prevent them from advancing the frame.
and i would have to make sure i have my chatots and synchronizers with me.

ok thanks!

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No, just battle the little boy right below the shrine, he's the only WNPC. The others you can just ignore.

If I want to RNG a shiny starter, which "Abilities" can I check in the Seed Searcher? I know not Synchronizer, but what about the others? And what is the difference between checking "Other" and not checking any at all?

Thanks!

Eyedol

can you use a 3ds xl for dream radar abuse?
Im having trouble with calibrating
Yes it is possible to calibrate on a 3DS XL. However, if you are using RNG Reporter, you cannot use Unova Link to calibrate as it's not working.

If I want to RNG a shiny starter, which "Abilities" can I check in the Seed Searcher? I know not Synchronizer, but what about the others? And what is the difference between checking "Other" and not checking any at all?

Thanks!
The abilities only work if you would encounter the Pokémon in battle. Are you selecting the gift method? I am assuming that you are using RNG Reporter.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

Thanks!
It sounds like you are talking about PPRNG.

"Other" means the lead Pokemon in your part has any ability other than the four that are listed above it.

Not checking any ability at all will essentially disable the shiny search. If you don't have "Shiny Only" checked it will just search for matching IVs and ignore the PID entirely. If you do have "Shiny Only" checked it will prevent you from getting any results because it won't look at the PID at all, and thus nothing will be considered shiny.

For doing the starter, you should choose "Other" and uncheck the other options.

Are any form to SR Rhydon from Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness?
Pokemon Gale of Darkness doesn't have RNG sorry if I post im the worng thread.
Thanks!

Yes it is possible to calibrate on a 3DS XL. However, if you are using RNG Reporter, you cannot use Unova Link to calibrate as it's not working.
Is it working for the mac program? (PPRNG)

Also, are my parameters the same for Unova Link as they would be in game?
(Finding my parameters by catching a pokemon and checking the IVs)

Eyedol

It is possible to calibrate using Unova Link in PPRNG, yes. Your parameters would be the same as if you captured a Pokémon in the wild and checked the IVs.

When you have to hold down buttons like L & R that take you away from starting the game in the main menu, how do you go about pressing A?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Press A to start the game, then hold those buttons immediately after until the Gamfreak shooting star.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Thanks for defogging that up.

Btw does it matter which button you press first like L before R or vice versa?
you're supposed to press them at the same time. The way you worded that sentence makes me believe you think you only have to press on button and then the other; this is not the case. You have to keep pressing them just like the agonist said.

I am in need of help with trying to RNG a Thundurus. I know how to RNG Legendarys, eggs and wild pokemon. I do not want a shiny Thundurus just one with HP Ice, near perfect IVs and Timid Nature. Am I correct in assuming that I won't need to do SID/TID RNG for this?

Also, are there particular months I should save in beforehand to get the weather right? Right now I have it set to summer since the Smogon thread implies that has the best results for PID advancements. Should I be looking in the 550-750 PID range for the in-game months of summer (February, June, October).

I just got to the point in the game where the lady told me there are some storms at Route 7? At what point should I save? Inside the house before meeting him or before I go on Route 7? From what I gathered reading throughout the thread only nature and shininess can be changed after you meet/release him whereas IVs are determined as soon as you exit the house and meet/release him. I just want to know if this is really true since I would prefer to not mess this up and redo another 5 hours replaying the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)