5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Starting frame is 1, like any other gift Pokemon (although you need to use the frame before your target iirc).

-I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta
-What are you trying to capture\hatch? adamant, encounter slot 0,9, or 11 ability 0, with IVs 30/31/30/19/30/30
-What is your target seed and frame? F447C80946638F90, Frame 1
-What is the delay of that seed? no delay. I think.
-What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?241E2AFD0C for my DSi
-How did you verify your seed? I ran the captured pokemon through IV checker on Serebii.net and the IVs were not what I was after.
-If you tried and failed, what results did you get? Adamant, Encounter Slot 2, IVs: 1, 2 / 28 / 17, 18 / 2 - 5 / 7, 8 / 4, 5

So my understanding is that I find a standard seed using 5th Gen Time Finder using Method: "IVs (Standard Seed)".

I find a seed with acceptable IVs, copy that seed, and paste it into the RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA window. I then set the Nature, Ability, and Encounter Slot I want, check the "Black White 2?" box, set method to "Gen 5 PIDRNG", and Encounter Type to "Wild Pokemon". Hit "Generate" and I find the following:

Frame: 6
Chatot Pitch: High (88)
Encounter Slot: 0
PID: DEE80DDF
Nature: Adamant
Ability: 0

So if is start the game standing in the grass (Frame 1), I'd walk through the grass two steps in the direction I am facing (+4 frames), then save (+1 frame), for a total of 6 frames then use sweet scent.

Am I right?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
-I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta
-What are you trying to capture\hatch? adamant, encounter slot 0,9, or 11 ability 0, with IVs 30/31/30/19/30/30
-What is your target seed and frame? F447C80946638F90, Frame 1
-What is the delay of that seed? no delay. I think.
-What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?241E2AFD0C for my DSi
-How did you verify your seed? I ran the captured pokemon through IV checker on Serebii.net and the IVs were not what I was after.
-If you tried and failed, what results did you get? Adamant, Encounter Slot 2, IVs: 1, 2 / 28 / 17, 18 / 2 - 5 / 7, 8 / 4, 5

So my understanding is that I find a standard seed using 5th Gen Time Finder using Method: "IVs (Standard Seed)".

I find a seed with acceptable IVs, copy that seed, and paste it into the RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA window. I then set the Nature, Ability, and Encounter Slot I want, check the "Black White 2?" box, set method to "Gen 5 PIDRNG", and Encounter Type to "Wild Pokemon". Hit "Generate" and I find the following:

Frame: 6
Chatot Pitch: High (88)
Encounter Slot: 0
PID: DEE80DDF
Nature: Adamant
Ability: 0

So if is start the game standing in the grass (Frame 1), I'd walk through the grass two steps in the direction I am facing (+4 frames), then save (+1 frame), for a total of 6 frames then use sweet scent.

Am I right?
You're mixing up IV frame and PID frame. PID frame starts on average between 40 and 60 frames. IIRC, RNG Reporter has a button labeled "Calculate Initial PID" (which, in your case, your initial PID frame is 46). You're not getting your IVs most likely because of Timer0 trolling in B2W2, because it doesn't seem like you're tripping the steps counter. At any rate, advancement of your PID frame does not equal advancement of your IV frame, except in this case (because you're moving around in the grass. Simply stay in the spot you saved, advance the PID frame by 16 (since it looks like you're using a Synchronizer to get the nature; PID frame 62 has what you're looking for) using a Chatot with a recorded Chatter (this all assuming you're in a place where there are no WNPCs), use Sweet Scent, and catch the Poke.

You're mixing up IV frame and PID frame. PID frame starts on average between 40 and 60 frames. IIRC, RNG Reporter has a button labeled "Calculate Initial PID" (which, in your case, your initial PID frame is 46). You're not getting your IVs most likely because of Timer0 trolling in B2W2, because it doesn't seem like you're tripping the steps counter. At any rate, advancement of your PID frame does not equal advancement of your IV frame, except in this case (because you're moving around in the grass. Simply stay in the spot you saved, advance the PID frame by 16 (since it looks like you're using a Synchronizer to get the nature; PID frame 62 has what you're looking for) using a Chatot with a recorded Chatter (this all assuming you're in a place where there are no WNPCs), use Sweet Scent, and catch the Poke.
So walking in grass advances both my PID and my IV frame?

I'd use a chatot, but I don't have a way of getting one at the moment. Haven't beaten the Elite Four. I was really hoping to get a good team together to finish the rest of the game with. I'd trade for one too, but the wifi has been down for a few weeks now.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So walking in grass advances both my PID and my IV frame?

I'd use a chatot, but I don't have a way of getting one at the moment. Haven't beaten the Elite Four. I was really hoping to get a good team together to finish the rest of the game with. I'd trade for one too, but the wifi has been down for a few weeks now.
Walking in grass advances the PID frame. Walking anywhere advances the IV frame every 128 steps you take by the number of Pokemon in your party. That's why if you're barely starting RNG abuse, you want to find a seed with an IV frame of 1 (which you did).

Alright, I need a definitive answer for this. I'm trying to help my friend with RNGing and he's doing it on a 3DS. The problem is that I do not know what the startup delay is for a 3DS. He aimed for 20 seconds and he got results of 22 seconds and 26 seconds. Which is correct, or at the very least most accurate?

Thanks.

I need something cleared up regarding parameters. I'm trying for a shiny starter in black 2 and I was wondering if I played through the game to find my parameters would they stay the same if I start a new game? I'm just confused what to put my parameters at for starters since you can't find them out before you even start the game. And every time i go to time finder it tells me i need to set up a profile but I can't get most of the fields filled in if I didn't even start the game.

8 seconds.
I get 7 seconds on my 3DS.
When I tried RNGing on my 3DS I remember getting 8 and 7 seconds. I can't remember if I was using the same game cart or not. Guess it varies.

I need something cleared up regarding parameters. I'm trying for a shiny starter in black 2 and I was wondering if I played through the game to find my parameters would they stay the same if I start a new game? I'm just confused what to put my parameters at for starters since you can't find them out before you even start the game. And every time i go to time finder it tells me i need to set up a profile but I can't get most of the fields filled in if I didn't even start the game.
If you start a new game your parameters should be the same as long as you use the same game cart and DS system.

Is the Unova Link calibration method in RNG Reporter (9.96.5 BETA) functional? I've been attempting it with Black 2 and my original DS, but I'm not getting any results.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
It's not functional in the latest version of RNG Reporter. You'll have to calibrate by catching a Pokémon like in Black or White 1. :(

I made an account, like so many others solely to ask an RNG question. On my Black 2 I have six timer0's, which range from 1103 to 1108. I want to know if the time I launch the game (on a ds lite) affects my timer0. I say this because it gets the IV frame correct every time, and if i do chatter advances everything on the PIDRNG list is also correct for the timer0 that the calibration says I have. If I then try to use this timer0 it fails, so I check the pokemon with the calibration screen and it tells me I'm on another timer0.

Using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 beta

can anyone tell me is it possible to rng on dream radar..i plain on trying to rng some dream ability pokes on there...i think it is possible cuaz i saw some up on pokecheck but was not sure...can someone help me up with a site...i finally got my 3ds and wanted good iv and nature therians...greatly apprciated with help...i plain on getting the dream radar soon...

It is possible. Assuming that you are familiar with the basics of RNG you should take a look at the Dream Radar guide. Note, that you use spinners in order to confirm your PID frame and the last time we have checked they weren't supported by RNG Reporter. If you cannot use PPRNG yourself (having a Mac book or running a virtual machine) you need to find someone else to do the calculations for you.

I'm having some problems making a new profile. I got a warning that White 1 isn't supported in version 9.96.5 BETA. So I tried my old White 1 profile with which I've actually RNGed (half a year ago though, but I know it can work), and I got the same error. What's up with that? If I could do it before, why can't I now? Is White 1 RNG really gone?

It is possible. Assuming that you are familiar with the basics of RNG you should take a look at the Dream Radar guide. Note, that you use spinners in order to confirm your PID frame and the last time we have checked they weren't supported by RNG Reporter. If you cannot use PPRNG yourself (having a Mac book or running a virtual machine) you need to find someone else to do the calculations for you.
oh yes i am familar with rnging lol XD and thanks also i do have windows so ill have to find a alternative way cuaz i have the windows version...

I'm having some problems making a new profile. I got a warning that White 1 isn't supported in version 9.96.5 BETA. So I tried my old White 1 profile with which I've actually RNGed (half a year ago though, but I know it can work), and I got the same error. What's up with that? If I could do it before, why can't I now? Is White 1 RNG really gone?

This is the latest RNG Reporter. The error message is not referring solely to the White1 version but the language. It seems like you currently have the non-language version selected which does not exist. Also, do not forget your DS type.

This is the latest RNG Reporter. The error message is not referring solely to the White1 version but the language. It seems like you currently have the non-language version selected which does not exist. Also, do not forget your DS type.
I was planning to input them, but then the pop-up warning came. I hadn't even tried to save yet. But you're saying that if I select the language and DS type, I will be able to RNG on White 1 just fine? 'Cause that would be great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)