5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Dont see why. Its not like getting the same season change each trial will affect the advancement pattern in any way, when i tested it
Thank you. I was able to consistently get results after all, so it turns out I was worrying for nothing.

However, now I have a different problem. The onsite guide (and others I've looked at) states that the Summer months (2, 6, 10) don't have rain or any other type of weather present. I've found seeds in these months because of that to ease RNGing, but unfortunately there's still rain there... Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you. I was able to consistently get results after all, so it turns out I was worrying for nothing.

However, now I have a different problem. The onsite guide (and others I've looked at) states that the Summer months (2, 6, 10) don't have rain or any other type of weather present. I've found seeds in these months because of that to ease RNGing, but unfortunately there's still rain there... Am I doing something wrong?
Youl need to test your own initial frame regardless. Even within the same season it can vary as much as ~250.

not per se, but might give wnpcs a chance to move.
There is only 1 WNPC there, and I have already disabled him. (Not making the same mistake twice)

Assuming he didn't resume moving after loading, he should still be still (hehe) since I never left the area.

So I don't see that will be an issue.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Except getting your timer0 After catching the target isnt gonna help with anything. Its not gonna say increase the chance hitting the right one in the next trial watsoevah.
The reason why pattern tests exist is exactly just to verify your seed Before attempting to catch the target, so you save time by restarting earlier whenever it isnt right.
Quite right. I only said that in response to the question of how to tell which Timer0 is most common. Sorry, that wasn't clear from what I quoted.

Calibrate off Unova Link with the spinner test.
always thought before it didnt work on rngreporter, but just tested again with a known seed and turned out just fine.
Edit: my version is 96.6 beta.
Edit:
Ok sounds good. What the hell's a spinner test? I have basic RNG experience on BW1 but I'm pretty much relearning all of this.

Ok sounds good. What the hell's a spinner test? I have basic RNG experience on BW1 but I'm pretty much relearning all of this.
Basically you see a lil spinning pointer thing when you save ingame. The hand of this pointer start at random directions and is thus dependent on rng.

If you go to unova link-key system, the same will appear when the game prepares to send keys.

u dont need to actually send any key, just press b once to quit after noting down the starting direction.
do this several times and put the results into 5thgentool--unova link calibration, as in the window to the left of teh picture above.

If you're trying to rng the dream radar, then you'll want to use the researcher to check the spins, not the calibrator. Iirc, the calibrator still doesn't work as of 9.96.5. To quote Kadabrium, "Go to researcher-bwrng-32bithigh>>29, input your seed. The Custom1 column in the list generated should now contain random numbers from 0 to 7." Or, you can follow this guide (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103548132/RNG/Dream Radar RNG Abuse Guide.pdf)

Edit: The fact that you know what spins you are supposed to get though seems to indicate that you are not hitting the right seed, probably as a result of the Timer0.
i never succeeded with UL calibrator. Better do it the manual way in the researcher
Thanks guys - the Unova Link calibrator indeed didn't work out for me, and looking through the adjacent seeds helped me to find a different timer0 to work with.

Still need an answer guys.
I don't recall if taking the 128th step advances the PIDRNG by the number of Pokemon in your party, but the single step taken is more than likely irrelevant.

Quite right. I only said that in response to the question of how to tell which Timer0 is most common. Sorry, that wasn't clear from what I quoted.
So what should I do now to find my most common Timer0, the Unova Link calibration by doing the whole "note down the spinner position about 5 or 6 times, then restart" about 30 times?
Also, once I have my most common Timer0, what then? How do I hit a seed that has that specific Timer0?

Then you follow this Guide: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_intro

And post any specific question on this thread n_n
I've already read through the beginning of that guide, but I went through again. So I tried to find my DS parameters again, but it was mentioned here that I should do it at least 30 times, so I tried using the Unova Link method to find my most common Timer0, but after trying about 5 times, I couldn't get a consistent seed, and sometimes I had no results.

EDIT: I'm positive that I have the correct MAC address, etc. and I tried again, with no results. I'm using the Unova Link spinner because it's faster than catching and Pokecheck-ing ~30 pokemon.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I've already read through the beginning of that guide, but I went through again. So I tried to find my DS parameters again, but it was mentioned here that I should do it at least 30 times, so I tried using the Unova Link method to find my most common Timer0, but after trying about 5 times, I couldn't get a consistent seed, and sometimes I had no results.

EDIT: I'm positive that I have the correct MAC address, etc. and I tried again, with no results. I'm using the Unova Link spinner because it's faster than catching and Pokecheck-ing ~30 pokemon.
The Unova Link calibrator doesn't work as of 9.96.5 afaik. Haven't tried using it myself, but if you can't just manually find what seed you hit in the unova link calibrator (rather than having it narrow down the results to a single 1) it's probably not too viable a method. Kadabrium has indicated that it seems to work in 9.96.6, so either you'll have to update the reporter, or resort to catching Pokemon. You don't need to know the exact Iv's...ranges work too. But it should be a relatively high level (~50+ should be adequate)

Basically you see a lil spinning pointer thing when you save ingame. The hand of this pointer start at random directions and is thus dependent on rng.

If you go to unova link-key system, the same will appear when the game prepares to send keys.

u dont need to actually send any key, just press b once to quit after noting down the starting direction.
do this several times and put the results into 5thgentool--unova link calibration, as in the window to the left of teh picture above.
Does the save wheel system work exactly the same as the key system-as in, could you calibrate what timer0 you have using the key system option, only use the save spinner instead?

The Unova Link calibrator doesn't work as of 9.96.5 afaik. Haven't tried using it myself, but if you can't just manually find what seed you hit in the unova link calibrator (rather than having it narrow down the results to a single 1) it's probably not too viable a method. Kadabrium has indicated that it seems to work in 9.96.6, so either you'll have to update the reporter, or resort to catching Pokemon. You don't need to know the exact Iv's...ranges work too. But it should be a relatively high level (~50+ should be adequate)
Thanks! I can't find 9.96.6 anywhere, so I'll stick with pokecheck, or play further into the game until I reach good IV ranges.

Does the save wheel system work exactly the same as the key system-as in, could you calibrate what timer0 you have using the key system option, only use the save spinner instead?
In the key system each spinner call advances frame by 2, instead of the normal 1.
Assuming the initial frame isnt shifted ( by memory link, etc), this will mean a pattern 043162517413... for example will become 412143... in unova link.
So theoretically ya you can, but tbh i dont see a point of even trying this when the key system is just as easy to use tho
Edit: lol did you mean to use the unova link when aimimg to hit a seed?
I havent tested myself, but since exiting the unova link brings you back to before teh title screen, doing this *might* reset the seed i believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)