5th Generation Confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the pixie of each gen (mew,celebi,jirachi,shaymin) has for the most part had some relationship to psychic. Shaymin at least learns Psychic. Methinks this is more likely to be a psychic/electric though that typing is pretty bad defensively.

Anyway, just cause the ear looks like mawile means that it is suddenly related TO mawile? Why such a random pokemon?None of the pixies so far have had evos or prevos other than mewtwo being a pseudo evo from mew.

In my opinion, this is what it is. Something based on Rotom, maybe even shaymin, that appears to be a prevo but really won't be.

Articuno - Cold
Zapdos - Thunder
Moltres - Flame
Mewtwo - Creation
Mew - Origin
Raikou - Lighting
Entei - Heat
Suicune - Aurora
Lugia - Water
Ho-Oh - Fire
Celebi - Nature
Regirock - Rock
Regice - Ice
Registeel - Steel
Latias/Latios - Eon
Kyogre - Rain
Groudon - Sun
Rayquaza - Air
Celebi - Wish
Deoxys - Life
Uxie - Mind
Mesprit - Spirit
Azelf - Strength
Dialga - Time
Palkia - Space
Giratina - Dimension
Cresselia - Moon
Heatran - Heat
Regigigas - Land
Manaphy - Ocean
Darkrai - Darkness
Shaymin - Wind
Arceus - God

What else are missing?
- Destruction
- Matter
- Power
- Love
- Death
- etc.

Although there are a lot that have came out, but there's still plenty to be made into another generation. Plus the revenues they're getting from Pokemon--5th gen is very possible.

Yes, an eletric pre-evo of Mawile certainly seems possible.

/sarcasm

I'm just curious about one thing, what part of the question mark looks promising?
The ear sticking out of the top-left of it I guess.

Alakazam wants a retarded defensive brother like Slowking has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj7nTUpTkyU&fmt=18

The actual movie Preview that was at the end of the 1-hour special on Thursday.

Yeah, with the second generation, they went with a sort of Eastern mythology theme with Ho-oh (based on the Fenghuang) and Lugia (based off Ryujin).

In the Advance Generation, the 3 main Legendaries were based on a cross between Aztec mythology (the Nazca lines on Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza) and Jewish mythology (Groudon = Behemoth, Kyogre = Leviathan, Rayquaza = Ziz).

And with the DP Generation, they went with a Greek mythology theme with the Legendaries (well with the Spear Pillar and stuff like that anyway. I don't think Dialga and Palkia are based on any greek Deities, and Arceus himself is actually based off Pangu, a Chinese figure).

What i want, a HUGE pokemon game where you can visit all the lands, kanto, jhoto, hoenn, and yeah
that would be awesome, along with interesting typed pokemon
(MORE STEELS FTW)

um, from what I know, when the creator of Pokemon made the original idea, he had more than 500 potential ideas to work with. The original 151 is the ones who made the cut, and then the later ones are refined and so forth.

The day they will stop making more Pokemon is when Nintendo is over, which is... never.

Oh, and it does print money.

Yeah, we definitely need a slightly more diverse group of Steel types. One thing we really need is a FAST Steel type that could be used as a Sweeper. I mean, really, the fastest Steel type we have is JIRACHI (well, and technically Steel-type Arceus. But really, Arceus?). Which honestly wouldn't be so bad if Jirachi had a larger movepool or a more useful ability. But yeah, literally EVERY other type has a Pokemon with a base speed higher than 100 except the Steel type:

Grass: Skymin+Jumpluff
Fire: Infernape
Ground: Garchomp + Dugtrio
Poison: Crobat
Electric: Raikou
Water: Floatzel
Rock: Aerodactyl
Flying: Aerodactyl, Skymin, Jumpluff, Crobat, Lugia, Scyther, Swellow
Ice: Weavile
Normal: Arceus, Persian, Purugly, Swellow
Bug: Ninjask, Scyther
Ghost: Gengar, Mismagius
Fighting: Infernape
Dragon: Latios, Latias, Garchomp
Psychic: Mewtwo, Latios, Latias, Lugia
Dark: Weavile

As well as giving some of the existing Steel types a bit more diverse movepools.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
What i want, a HUGE pokemon game where you can visit all the lands, kanto, jhoto, hoenn, and yeah
(MORE STEELS FTW)
You know, I have always been dreaming of such a pokemon game. That would be truly fantastic.
@Olie
I didn't really say it is a Mawile form or something. All I said was that it reminds me of it...

You know, after thinking of it, I think it's a whole new pokemon that doesn't have any relationship with any other pokemon.
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1648621", true);

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I dunno if this has been put forward already, but:

A new Legendary Trio. What's left?

I'd like to see something like Birth, Growth and Death, which would tie in with the Legends getting more ridiculously powerful each generation.

Body/Mind/Soul would be more realistic (Fighting/Psychic/Dark or Ghost) but that would be more like a more powerful pokemon split three ways.

Any more ideas?

im hoping a fifth gen comes out!
they will probably evolve stuff with 2 evolutions like sudowoodo
and mr.mime!i dont think they will create to many entirly new ones!just
new forms

That green thing that appears over the circle, looks like Farfetch'd stick... could be an evo or pre-evo?

- Destruction
- Matter
- Power
- Love
- Death
I think Nintendo has enough criticism from religion, but in the movie you can see a glance of Arceus. Love looks reasonable, but destruction and death are far to extreme. I hope there will be a 5th gen, but hopefully it stays a bit creative.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol anybody who seriously thinks that nintendo is going to "run out of ideas" for pokemon is horribly underestimating the amazing creativity that they have demonstrated for almost 15 years now and the power of imagination in general. im not a nintendo fanboy or anything but give me a break...and also just stop with the "the designs are ugly" crap, "like you guys could design anything better" especially given there were 400 pokemon whose designs they didnt really want to copy

I would love to see Love and Death concept.

That's 2 legends right there. It makes a great movie concept also.

Im sure in ten years we will be having a discussion that the "8th generation (or whatever it will be up to)" will definitely be the last because nintendo has run out of ideas. Jump hit it right on the head, nintendo is definitely creative enough to design new characters for the game. As long as Pokemon is making the money it is right now, I doubt it will go out for a long time.

Also, I am still eagerly awaiting the evolution to Girafarig: Gazelezag!

In all seriousness, I can't wait to see what the new pokemon is.

According to a post over on Gamefaqs, someone has managed to get ahold of CoroCoro early and there was some info about the movie, including the mystery pokemon. They have said that the new pokemon is Raisoro, an electric/ground ram pokemon that can absorb electricity through its horns. The movie title is apparently "Raisoro and the Ruins of the Mountains". Raisoro befriends the group at some festival to worship Arceus, and apparently they get tossed back in time to when the ruins were still a city and Arceus is being born or some such.

Scans are supposed to be available either today or tomorrow, so if they're not then we'll know if this is true or not soon enough. Though having a city (and thus an entire universe, planet, and people) exist at the time of Arceus' birth kinda takes it down a couple notches if this is true, and proves Sinnoh's mythology regarding its legendary pokemon is just that. A myth.

Original post is here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=946308&topic=46986000

On a side note, for anyone who thinks Gamefreak is running out of ideas should take a look at their original work in the first generation. Their ideas have improved a LOT since then. We've actually gotten some rather unique and unusual pokemon this generation, and this electric/ground ram pokemon certainly makes the 5th generation sound promising if its true.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
I once read an interview on pokebeach.com between the webmaster and that guy that appears in the trailer. When WMP (the webmaster) asked him if there will be a 5th generation, he said yes.
pokebeach.com said:
Now an overall question about the show. Will Ash ever become a Pokemon Master? He laughed and fell back on the couch. He blatantly said that when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master, the show will end. It will be the last episode. Going back to my first interview, I did not mention that he stated the show was cyclical because it could be – the audience is constantly replaced (since children get older and leave, and new children come in), so they are allowed to get away with having the same repetitive goal. So, the show would probably continue the same way – collect badges, travel through different regions, never age. Will Ash and Pikachu ever be replaced? No. Will they ever age? No. Will there be a 5th generation of Pokemon and will the show keep continuing? He laughed even harder and said of course. Pokemon will continue for many generations to come, and as he made it sound, probably forever.
See people.

In the legendary list, you placed Celebi twice, one of them is Jirachi instead.

Rayquaza was sky, not air.

Lugia - Water, and Ho-Oh Fire i'm not too sure. I think they were Aurora and Rainbow.

Suicune was Water.

Yeah those were the mistakes i could find (if i remember correctly).

I wonder how the 5th generation will fit in when it comes to appearance.

1st gen: Badass pokémon with some cute ones, very few shitty ones
2nd gen: Cute pokémon with some badass ones, a few shitty ones
3rd gen: A lot of shitty pokémon with some cuteones, a few badass ones
4th gen: Funky looking pokémon with a mix of badass, cute and shitty

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
The appearance of a Pokemon is subjective. I recall Nintendo Power praising Diamond and Pearl for having the best set of Pokemon since the original 151. They are bound to change in style as more people are involved in the decision making, but that doesn't make them any better or worse.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
(MORE STEELS FTW)
Do you really think all 5 would fit in one little game cartage? Common sense now..

Love and Death sounds awesome if you think about it.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Articuno - Cold
Zapdos - Thunder
Moltres - Flame
Mewtwo - Frankenstein's monster? Human creation?
Mew - Origin
Raikou - Lightning
Entei - Heat
Suicune - Aurora/Purity/North Wind????
Lugia - Guardian of the Sea
Ho-Oh - Rainbow/Good luck
Celebi - Nature
Regirock - Rock (Stone Age)
Regice - Ice (Ice Age)
Registeel - Steel (Iron Age)
Latias/Latios - Eon
Kyogre - Ocean
Groudon - Land
Rayquaza - Sky
Jirachi-Wish
Deoxys - Alien
Uxie - Knowledge
Mesprit - Emotion
Azelf - Willpower
Dialga - Time
Palkia - Space
Giratina - Black Hole? (If it does control dimensions it's pretty odd it can't learn Trick Room)
Cresselia - Good Dreams
Heatran - Volcano
Regigigas - Continental Drift
Manaphy - No real purpose
Darkrai - Bad Dreams
Shaymin - ???
Arceus - Creation

Let's see what's left
- Matter
- Energy
- Paradox
- Destruction (Arceus' opposite)
- Death (Well let's not think too violently for this one)
- Love
- Mirage
- Birth
- Power (uhh 180 Base Attack with Pure Power?)
- Yin Yang (?)
- Body/Mind/Soul
- Healing and Pain
- Atoms (yeah this might be hard)
- Fate
- Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter
- Harvest
- Imagination
- etc

As you can see here they aren't going to run out of ideas in a couple of years. I doubt that Arceus' creation ended Pokemon. This list alone can work up to two generations ahead.

Also, I am still eagerly awaiting the evolution to Girafarig: Gazelezag!
Lol. Something's not right when a giraffe evolves into a Gazelle

According to a post over on Gamefaqs, someone has managed to get ahold of CoroCoro early and there was some info about the movie, including the mystery pokemon. They have said that the new pokemon is Raisoro, an electric/ground ram pokemon that can absorb electricity through its horns. The movie title is apparently "Raisoro and the Ruins of the Mountains". Raisoro befriends the group at some festival to worship Arceus, and apparently they get tossed back in time to when the ruins were still a city and Arceus is being born or some such.

Scans are supposed to be available either today or tomorrow, so if they're not then we'll know if this is true or not soon enough. Though having a city (and thus an entire universe, planet, and people) exist at the time of Arceus' birth kinda takes it down a couple notches if this is true, and proves Sinnoh's mythology regarding its legendary pokemon is just that. A myth.

Original post is here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=946308&topic=46986000

On a side note, for anyone who thinks Gamefreak is running out of ideas should take a look at their original work in the first generation. Their ideas have improved a LOT since then. We've actually gotten some rather unique and unusual pokemon this generation, and this electric/ground ram pokemon certainly makes the 5th generation sound promising if its true.
Electric/Ground...the first Water-weak Electirc type...
I was looking for this ever since the 4th was even releases! I'm soo happy! Go go Ice/Dragon!

The "?" Pokemon is probs not a legend, and just a random pre-evo or new Pokemon me thinks. Like Munchlax was in the 3rd gen. "Legends kick other legend's asses" movie. this is basically what this movie is about. All the legends kicking each others asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)