SwSh Battle Facilities Discussion & Records

Welp, that's basically the exact same team I have been breeding up :D
My idea was to have Excadrill as the Dynamax mon, with Brick Break on there to boost attack. Earthquake and Iron Head provide defence boosts as Max moves.
I was thinking Rotom Mow might be a decent idea because I really don't want to put up with Hydro Pump's accuracy.
I have also been thinking about Life Dew on Togekiss to keep healing the main attackers, and doing a fully defensive build.
Brick Break is a very neat suggestion, even if Max Knucle's lower damage output before the boosts is sort-of putting me off. I'll definitely give it a shot though, thanks for the tip!

All of the team members are maxed out with Dynamax candies, and I've used Dynamax on all of them during the first 50 battles. There have been battles where things go sour and I need to Dynamax Togekiss for the Airstream boosts, and there have been battles where I've Dynamaxed Rotom to not deal with Hydro Pumps (lack of) accuracy. I could definitely see Mow Rotom filling the same slot though, and with the added bonus of not ruining the sand with the max move if I wanted to keep it.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
For the new year, I decided to try a streak challenge in doubles. The major constraints I set were the following:
  1. No Legendary Pokemon
  2. No changing any Pokemon on the Battle Team (i.e. must use the same four Pokemon throughout)
I'm at 57 wins (ongoing; streak started with 37 victories recorded in Max Rank and currently at 94 recorded) and I have concluded that the new Speed mechanics are really busted. And so is Dynamax, so next streak challenge I should probably add "No Dynamaxing":

@
, Docile (minted to Adamant), Strong Jaw

EVs: 4|252|0|0|0|252 / IVs: HT/31/HT/HT/31/31
Fishious Rend | Ice Fang | Crunch | Psychic Fangs

(M) @
, Timid, Prankster
EVs: 4|0|0|252|0|252 / IVs: 31/xx/HT/31/31/31
Moonblast | Energy Ball | Tailwind | Taunt

(M) @
, Jolly (minted to Modest), Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 252|0|0|252|4|0 / IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Dazzling Gleam | Sludge Bomb | Flamethrower | Clear Smog

(M) @
, Jolly, Moxie
EVs: 4|252|0|0|0|252 / IVs: HT/31/HT/xx/31/HT

Waterfall | Bounce | Power Whip | Protect

I think this team's general game plan is pretty straightforward: Set up Tailwind and start nuking things with Dracovish. Galarian Weezing was a random selection that I initially thought would not do much, but it's been surprisingly useful; Neutralizing Gas nullifies Storm Drain, which is critical for situations where Dracovish is locked into Fishious Rend against Gastrodon and also really needs to stay in to take out something next to it. Sure, it also neutralizes Strong Jaw, but it's better than having Fishious Rend do absolutely nothing but give Gastrodon a boost. Furthermore, it switches in on Fairy-types quite well thanks to its Assault Vest and provides STAB spread coverage with Dazzling Gleam. Whimsicott has Energy Ball in order to provide coverage against Water-types (especially Gastrodon and Seismitoad).

Dracovish is definitely the 'mon I most love using on this team, but Gyarados is a very close second. Gyarados is the primary Dynamaxer on this team; doubling its HP helps to ensure it takes anything comfortably, even Electric-type attacks thanks to its Wacan Berry. Max Geyser sets up Rain, which makes Dracovish's Fishious Rend even more of a nuke (I OHKOed a Ferrothorn with it once) and Max Airstream boosts the speed of its allies for when Tailwind runs out, while Power Whip is mainly to have access to Max Overgrowth to gain coverage against Gastrodon. Moxie is the thing that makes a Dynamaxed Gyarados really devastating, as any Singles player will probably tell you; rack up KOs, rack up Attack boosts (and potentially Speed boosts as well thanks to Max Airstream) and things are going to start getting knocked out really easily. Max Overgrowth doesn't quite take out a certain Water-type? Just get a Moxie boost first and then you're good!

Main threats to the team: Fake Out leads, Trick Room, and Gastrodon leads. Against any lead that could potentially have Fake Out, switching out Whimsicott is the play as it is the Pokemon that least wants to take it. For Gastrodon leads, I typically Dynamax Dracovish in order to make use of non-Water coverage to use against Gastrodon without having to Choice-lock myself into something that isn't Fishious Rend. Trick Room setters are tricky as allowing it to go up could mean the end of the streak. I tend to have Dracovish target down any potential Trick Room setter; a lot of them have Mental Herb, which means taunting them won't work. Mimikyu is the toughest one to deal with; the optimal play is to Moonblast to break Disguise and Fishious Rend to take it out, but Mimikyu-4 would simply take out Dracovish with Play Rough. That said, losing Dracovish to Mimikyu-4 is preferable to allowing Mimikyu-3 to set up Trick Room.

One suggestion I got in the Discord was to use Scarf Pelipper as opposed to Whimsicott, but this is not optimal for the main reason that there are plenty of Pokemon that outspeed Scarf Pelipper (Jolteon, Dragapult, and Cinderace-1 immediately come to mind, plus plenty of other faster Pokemon that carry Choice Scarf) that can cause the Tailwind + Fishious Rend strategy to crumble. In terms of abusing the Speed mechanics of this game, Whimsicott is the better Tailwind setter thanks to Prankster.

I do have some clips (mostly of Dracovish one-shotting various things or coming close), which I'll try to post as soon as possible. I'll also include a rental team code whenever the streak ends.

EDIT: Went ahead and uploaded the rental team since another user was looking for something to use in the Tower:

Last edited:
Since I know most people are dissatisfied with the new rules in the Battle Tower ending a true concept of streaks, I propose a new category that may entice some people in a new way: speedrunning 10-game streaks. Rather than try to build a team that lets you endure 100s of battles, what's the team you can build that completes 10 battles the fastest? Some proposed ground rules:
While there's surely some luck involved in such a category, I think that it could be an extremely fun category too, since runs should always take less than 20 minutes to complete, and it would encourage developing strategies that allow players to amass wins more quickly. If this is popular enough, perhaps you could even make a nolegendary% category for those who don't want to use legends as they play. Just a thought!
I really like this idea and the reply to your post below it as well. I would like participating in that kind of challenge ;D

For the new year, I decided to try a streak challenge in doubles. The major constraints I set were the following:
  1. No Legendary Pokemon
  2. No changing any Pokemon on the Battle Team (i.e. must use the same four Pokemon throughout)
I'm at 57 wins (ongoing; streak started with 37 victories recorded in Max Rank and currently at 94 recorded) and I have concluded that the new Speed mechanics are really busted. And so is Dynamax, so next streak challenge I should probably add "No Dynamaxing":

@

(M) @
, Timid, Prankster

(M) @

(M) @
, Jolly, Moxie

I think this team's general game plan is pretty straightforward: Set up Tailwind and start nuking things with Dracovish. Galarian Weezing was a random selection that I initially thought would not do much, but it's been surprisingly useful; Neutralizing Gas nullifies Storm Drain, which is critical for situations where Dracovish is locked into Fishious Rend against Gastrodon and also really needs to stay in to take out something next to it. Sure, it also neutralizes Strong Jaw, but it's better than having Fishious Rend do absolutely nothing but give Gastrodon a boost. Furthermore, it switches in on Fairy-types quite well thanks to its Assault Vest and provides STAB spread coverage with Dazzling Gleam. Whimsicott has Energy Ball in order to provide coverage against Water-types (especially Gastrodon and Seismitoad).

Dracovish is definitely the 'mon I most love using on this team, but Gyarados is a very close second. Gyarados is the primary Dynamaxer on this team; doubling its HP helps to ensure it takes anything comfortably, even Electric-type attacks thanks to its Wacan Berry. Max Geyser sets up Rain, which makes Dracovish's Fishious Rend even more of a nuke (I OHKOed a Ferrothorn with it once) and Max Airstream boosts the speed of its allies for when Tailwind runs out, while Power Whip is mainly to have access to Max Overgrowth to gain coverage against Gastrodon. Moxie is the thing that makes a Dynamaxed Gyarados really devastating, as any Singles player will probably tell you; rack up KOs, rack up Attack boosts (and potentially Speed boosts as well thanks to Max Airstream) and things are going to start getting knocked out really easily. Max Overgrowth doesn't quite take out a certain Water-type? Just get a Moxie boost first and then you're good!

Main threats to the team: Fake Out leads, Trick Room, and Gastrodon leads. Against any lead that could potentially have Fake Out, switching out Whimsicott is the play as it is the Pokemon that least wants to take it. For Gastrodon leads, I typically Dynamax Dracovish in order to make use of non-Water coverage to use against Gastrodon without having to Choice-lock myself into something that isn't Fishious Rend. Trick Room setters are tricky as allowing it to go up could mean the end of the streak. I tend to have Dracovish target down any potential Trick Room setter; a lot of them have Mental Herb, which means taunting them won't work. Mimikyu is the toughest one to deal with; the optimal play is to Moonblast to break Disguise and Fishious Rend to take it out, but Mimikyu-4 would simply take out Dracovish with Play Rough. That said, losing Dracovish to Mimikyu-4 is preferable to allowing Mimikyu-3 to set up Trick Room.

One suggestion I got in the Discord was to use Scarf Pelipper as opposed to Whimsicott, but this is not optimal for the main reason that there are plenty of Pokemon that outspeed Scarf Pelipper (Jolteon, Dragapult, and Cinderace-1 immediately come to mind, plus plenty of other faster Pokemon that carry Choice Scarf) that can cause the Tailwind + Fishious Rend strategy to crumble. In terms of abusing the Speed mechanics of this game, Whimsicott is the better Tailwind setter thanks to Prankster.

I do have some clips (mostly of Dracovish one-shotting various things or coming close), which I'll try to post as soon as possible. I'll also include a rental team code whenever the streak ends.

EDIT: Went ahead and uploaded the rental team since another user was looking for something to use in the Tower:

Just curious if you have considered using Worry Seed on Whimsicott instead of Taunt, and replacing Weezing altogether with a different Pokemon. I've been using a team similar to yours but with a choice scarf Arcanine instead of Weezing. I tried using Weezing like your team but didn't like that Neutralizing Gas shut off Moxie on Gyarados and Strong Jaw on Dracovish. It hasn't been a problem because those Pokemon are strong enough without the abilities but I just don't like having those abilities disabled. I was considering Worry Seed Whimsicott as my solution to Gastrodon and was wondering what your thoughts are on this being a viable strategy.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just curious if you have considered using Worry Seed on Whimsicott instead of Taunt, and replacing Weezing altogether with a different Pokemon. I've been using a team similar to yours but with a choice scarf Arcanine instead of Weezing. I tried using Weezing like your team but didn't like that Neutralizing Gas shut off Moxie on Gyarados and Strong Jaw on Dracovish. It hasn't been a problem because those Pokemon are strong enough without the abilities but I just don't like having those abilities disabled. I was considering Worry Seed Whimsicott as my solution to Gastrodon and was wondering what your thoughts are on this being a viable strategy.
I personally like having Taunt available, and not necessarily just to try to stop Trick Room (I think there’s only one user it helps against, but not the point). Taunt stops things like Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, and various other random status moves. I personally feel that using Neutralizing Gas is less burdensome than trying to force Worry Seed onto Whimsicott as I really want to have all four of the moves I have on it now.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since the stakes are extremely low (as is the payoff once you get to Masterball Cup), I'm pretty much using Battle Tower to mess around with Pokemon I've never used before (and some I have!). I just found out that you can use the lionswolves and Eternatus yesterday lol... goodness, what a waste. Hopefully 3rd game has a full blown Frontier but I'm not placing my bets any time soon. Anyway, here's the team I'm currently using. So far I have a streak of 30-ish (i'm not counting, it's probably more). Keep in mind that there are still Pokemon that I haven't heard of lol, this game is still pretty fresh to me since most of my 100many hours of gameplay have been dedicated to max raids and IV breeding. I don't know any of the opponents' sets, so I kind of just play. It's somewhat liberating and less stressful that way.

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

Ridiculously powerful and slow Volt Switcher to soften up the enemy for Gyarados. This is especially helpful since Gyara is running Jolly 4 attacks, and thus is relying on Moxie to get an Attack boost. I might switch to Assault Vest so it's slightly less powerful, since I'd almost always rather have Gyara get the KO. Overall, I just like that I have a reason to use Vikavolt unironically. It's a strange niche but it's one of my favorite designs from SuMo and I'm glad they brought it back.

Gyarados @ Assault Vest
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

Self-explanatory to like 99% of the people who will come across this thread. If you don't know, basically you KO the weakened opponent with Max Airstream which gives you a speed boost + the attack boost from Moxie, and it all snowballs from there. It produces its own rain as well which makes it a monster. Jolly makes it move faster than certain things, not really sure what. If anyone has any suggestions on why I should go with Adamant, I am more than open to your reasoning! I have an Adamant Moxie Gyara leveled up with the same moves and investment. Anyway, I went four attacks so i could fully exploit Dynamaxing on the first turn out. Earthquake hits Aegislash. AV is filler, I had Leftovers before. I don't think this thing has ever come close to fainting. If I end up giving AV to Vika, I'll switch over to Lum Berry so it doesn't risk a Body Slam para from Snorlax since Vikavolt doesn't get a slow switch from it. There are also random burns to "worry" about, although with rain and a single Moxie boost, even with Jolly this thing is slaying. I know Gyara has been burned a couple times but I don't think it has ever mattered lol.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Not really sure why this guy is here other than filler - I almost never use it. I guess it's just clean up crew in case Gyarados actually dies for once. I could put Earth Power > Nasty Plot and go with Scarf, I guess. Another option is Dragapult. Any suggestions? Otherwise this guy is kinda just there for the free ribbon.

Last edited:

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So despite my negativity earlier in the thread, I did get interested enough to briefly tackle the Battle Tower with no self-imposed rules other than seeing how far I could streak.

:musharna: :grimmsnarl: :araquanid: :snorlax-gmax:

It's a team that has streaked ~100 wins now, but would probably not hold up in a 1000+ streak or anything, not that I'd have the patience to take it that far without the ability to prove that I did it (self-satisfaction only goes so far with me, sadly).

But it's still a fun team, and you might find its strategy interesting, so here it is:

:musharna: ♂ @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Forewarn
Level: 50
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
Psychic / Safeguard / Trick Room / Dazzling Gleam

After juggling this slot quite a bit with various Trick Room setters, I settled on Musharna for the majority of battles. Musharna is just so well-rounded with its great HP, 2-sided bulk, and ability to actually deal some damage with Psychic (127 SpA uninvested @ level 50). I initially had Gothitelle here for Frisk and Heal Pulse but it felt a bit too frail at times, couldn't damage for much, and if you read further into this post you'll see why I'm running Sitrus Berry and why Heal Pulse is rarely needed. I also tried Dusclops for a bit as it's definitely the sturdiest setter, but I missed being able to damage stuff more than I liked having Frisk and the extra bulk. The fairy-typed setters would have too much type redundancy with Grimmsnarl, so they weren't an option.

Safeguard is my status hax insurance, usually used on turn two when I can afford it vs known status users. Dazzling Gleam is pretty weak spread damage admittedly, but I haven't found anything more useful in that slot and it was nice to have for opposing sash leads. I did have Energy Ball here before, but never found an opportunity to click it.

Yes, I do have to play around flinches with Musharna, which is annoying, but with Grimmsnarl setting up priority screens I don't take too much damage in the process.

Forewarn is a very underwhelming ability, but Telepathy is currently unavailable and Synchronize was only going to be useful specifically for a turn one status move, and I have Grimmsnarl to Taunt known status-spammers. Synching Thunder Wave also seemed problematic since I'm running Trick Room.

:Grimmsnarl: ♂ @ Eject Button
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
Taunt / Reflect / Light Screen / False Surrender

Grimmsnarl functions on this team somewhat like how Eisenherz used Incineroar in the Tree, albeit with much less physical presence (once Incineroar is back I'm sure he'll dominate whatever tower or tree we get in the DLC, if we even get one).

Turn one I Prankster whichever screen I feel will be more useful for the battle based on Musharna's Forewarn and the opposing front line, then usually get a free switch to one of my backline sweepers with Eject Button, the idea being to get all three Gigantamax turns in with Snorlax after he Belly Drums and prior to Trick Room expiring. Eject Button Grimmsnarl enables the "golden path" strategy for this team, getting Snorlax in a bit more safely and optimizing my turns.

If Grimmsnarl doesn't get attacked turn one, it's not as good for the strategy obviously, but he can still be useful on turn two or later in the battle if I switch. Taunt shuts down opposing Trick Room-setting and annoying pokemon in general.

I'm sure there's a more optimal EV spread than this for Battle Tower bulk based on move survival, but for this makeshift spread I preferred special bulk since I found myself using Reflect a lot more than Light Screen.

False Surrender is my only insurance against evasion boosters, and also my single Shedinja KO move on the whole team, unfortunately, so I have to be careful to preserve his health.

:Snorlax-Gmax: ♂ @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 196 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 36 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Belly Drum
- Double-Edge
- High Horsepower

Everyone knows how good G-max Snorlax is by now, and in the Battle Tower he's definitely S-tier broken. If you are unfamiliar with how G-max Replenish functions in Doubles, it will restore *both* of your berries 50% of the time, so often I get free heals on both Musharna and Snorlax with the "golden path" strategy this team employs. As if Snorlax weren't powerful enough under screens and with a Belly Drum boost, with this moveset having Iron Head and High Horsepower, Snorlax can also get +1 to Def or SpDef if I feel like I need it, which also allows for a mode of play where you can swap in a back line resist and simultaneously give it a defense boost after Snorlax attacks, sort of like a pseudo Intimidate for anything I switch in.

Under screens and with Gluttony Pinch Berry cheesing, Snorlax is nigh-unkillable and just murders everything with G-max Replenish (Double-Edge). Obviously Unnerve Corviknight is a huge problem for this set, and I have to lean on Araquanid to kill it, but I only saw it once. Unnerve in general is very annoying for this team since I run two berries, but it can be played around by not Belly Drumming recklessly (which honestly is the default mode of play heh).

These EVs are from Aaron Zheng's G-max Snorlax VGC team and I never bothered to optimize them for the Tower since Snorlax was just steamrolling everything regardless. I'm also too lazy (read: sane) to find a G-max Snorlax with 0 IVs in Speed.

:Araquanid: ♂ @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Soak
- Protect
- Leech Life
- Liquidation

Araquanid ends Leon's life, having a great matchup against pretty much all of his Pokemon, not that Leon is even the most threatening trainer, it's just hilarious to see this 'mon delete him from the game.

Araquanid is just an S-Tier TR sweeper overall though, and Life Orb Max Geyser (Liquidation) just obliterates everything (especially under rain on your 2nd attack), including things that resist it. I think he only got better this generation. G-max Flutterby (Leech Life) was useful for lowering opponents' SpA once or twice but overall isn't clicked much. The power of Leech Life outside of Dynamax is always surprisingly pathetic and reminds you that Araquanid's power rests entirely in Water Bubble.

Soak was supposed to be cute for comboing with Musharna (when I was running Energy Ball) vs a typing I struggled to break through, but I haven't clicked it once so far.

Araquanid being my only pokemon carrying Protect can make me feel a bit naked at times, but so far it hasn't really been an issue.

Admittedly it seems a bit pointless and silly to be sharing teams for such an uncompetitive format, but seeing the DLC packs announced today gave me some (probably false) hope that we might see changes to the existing Tower, or get a new facility in 2020, so I decided to test the waters.

Sharing teams is what makes these Smogon threads fun and what keeps people interested and motivated in this battle facility minigame, so even while the format currently sucks, I've come around to thinking that we can at least try to have as much fun with it as possible.

Hey all. Don't really have much to report but I've been having fun with this rain team I put together really quickly. I managed to hit 100 wins with it over the past few days. I don't have a way to record my battles just yet, considering changing that in the near future. I've also been using Dynamax for this team as well when needed. Anyway, let's begin...

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Brine
- Tailwind
- Protect

Pelipper is pretty self-explanatory. It sets rain, provides speed control with Tailwind, can sometimes nuke stuff with Hurricane, and finish things off with Brine. Not much to really say about this guy except that he's still a pretty damn good rain setter.

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 44 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drum Beating
- Knock Off
- U-turn

First off, I LOVE Rillaboom and its signature move Drum Beating. With Speed updating mid-turn, this gal can help Pelipper do whatever most of the time. It also does a considerable amount of damage, which is nice. Of course, Fake Out also helps immensely too. The EVs are very un-optimized and could definitely be better. I just quickly put this together and dove right into the Tower. Knock Off is excellent for removing problematic items such as Quick Claw and Bright Powder. U-turn is great for pivoting. I think this set will be a lot better when Grassy Surge is available, but Overgrow works for now.

Dracovish @ Mystic Water
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: HT/HT/HT/31/31/31
Bashful Nature (minted to Jolly)
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Low Kick
- Protect

In case you weren't aware, Dracovish is our lord and savior and demands to be respected. Fishious Rend+Strong Jaw+rain OHKOs nearly everything in the Battle Tower. It's so ridiculous, that Mystic Water is obviously overkill at this point. But I didn't want to give the 'vish a Choice Band or Scarf, and couldn't really figure out a better item so I decided to roll with this. Psychic Fangs and Low Kick are mainly there for coverage but c'mon, why click them when Fishious Rend exists? The best part is, this guy's shiny too. I love this freak of nature.

Manectric @ Choice Specs
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 36 HP / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Snarl

Since Tapu Koko is no longer available, I needed to find another Electric-type to abuse Thunder stuff. I originally planned on Raichu leading with Pelipper, but I didn't really like the way it looked, so I searched some more. Boltund currently doesn't have access to Competitive, and its coverage is kinda subpar so he was out too. Then, I remembered Manectric. There is no more Mega Manectric, but the vanilla form was still kinda okay? He also has Lightning Rod so he can be used a switch-in for Electric-type attacks directed at Pelipper. Volt Switch is used for pivoting while Snarl is just there for filler. Flamethrower is mainly there for Ferrothorn when rain is expired and I'm free to use it. By the way, Dynamaxing breaking the Choice lock is, uh, very broken.

And uh, that's all I have for now. Hoping to climb higher and higher with the team. See ya.

Last edited:
Here's my Trick Room team with which I was able to hit a 100 battle win streak in double battles. It's a fun team to use and sets up the powerhouse that is Gmax Snorlax. I'm going to keep running it for a while and see what I get my streak up to. I don't think it's as strong as the Whimsicott/Dracovish combo I was running because it takes a little more set up to sweep but I find it more fun to play. Let me know if you have any comments, advice, or questions.

Indeedee - F @ Focus Sash
Ability: Psychic Surge
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 D
IV: HT/31/HT/31/31/31
Modest Nature
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Protect
- Psychic

I have a pretty simple and surefire way to get Trick Room up. I use Follow Me on Indeedee to draw any attacks away from Hatterene to allow it to safely set up Trick Room turn one. Using it's Hidden Ability Psychic Surge also sets up Psychic Terrain to boost Hatterene's Psychic move. Helping Hand+Dazzling Gleam is also nice damage. This Pokemon is purely support and is basically here to allow Hatterene to shine. If Indeedee dies turn one even better as I'm allowed to switch in one of my slow sweepers to start thriving under Trick Room. I tried using a combination of Dusclops and Togekiss as my trick room setters but I have found this combo works much better because of the addition of Hatterene's Magic Bounce ability and it's massive Special Attack. I have a guaranteed setup every game thanks to this Pokemon.

Hatterene @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 D
IV: 31/31/HT/HT/31/0
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Trick Room setter and special sweeper rolled into one. Magic Bounce is such a useful ability in Battle Tower. Psychic really hurts under Psychic Terrain and Dazzling Gleam is useful for finishing people off and getting damage onto two pokemon at once. Mystical Fire is there to hit Steel types and cripple special attackers. Once Trick Room is up this thing is dangerous and is a really good compliment to the rest of my team.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EV: 196 HP / 56 SpD / 252 Def / 4 Att
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/5
Relaxed Nature
- Belly Drum
- Recycle
- Darkest Lariat
- Facade

Gigantamax Snorlax with Gluttony is super powerful in this game and I really wanted to build a team centering around it. Set up with Belly Drum and sweep. Recycle gives me more stall ability if it comes to that, and Darkest Lariat allows me to hit Ghost types hard. I think without Darkest Lariat my team would struggle against Ghosts. I use Facade over Body Slam because status ailments are so common into Snorlax in Battle Tower so it gives him some extra oomph, not that he really needed it.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EV: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 SpD
IV: HT/31/HT/HT/HT/0
Brave Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- High Horsepower

I was struggling to come up with my last Pokemon for this team and settled on Conkeldurr. Luckily I even hatched a shiny while breeding. I really like using this Pokemon and it hits like a truck. Also functions perfectly in Trick Room. Mach Punch is there for finishing pokemon off or in case I need a quick move once Trick Room wears off. Drain Punch for sustain and to help counteract the burn damage from Flame Orb. Thunder Punch and High Horsepower are there for coverage. This pokemon is an absolute bruiser thanks to Guts+Flame Orb and I think it really compliments the rest of my pokemon well with it's ability to hit Steel and Dark types hard.

Last edited:
Got through master rank doubles. I actually ended up more interested in Doubles than Singles this gen. Tower in general seemed faster to play. For most of the tower I used the rental Rain team, but after getting into Master Ball, I decided to get serious and take my ingame squad through to win a Ribbon. Not really made for doubles, but it worked well enough up until the end. Not sure of exact stats so I've listed them raw. Didn't look anything up.
HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe
poke_icon_0981_00s_n.png

139/178/130/85/108/83
M'llardy (Sirfetch'd) @ Leek
Ability: Steadfast
Brave Nature
Dynamax Level: 10
- First Impression
- Leaf Blade
- Brick Break
- Brave Bird

Sirfetch'd carried the day. Dynamax t1 and win through brute force coverage, with some nice buffs to boot. Crits help to go the distance. I first impressioned a weavile once. Doesn't die too often. Better than I expected to be honest.

poke_icon_0978_00s_n.png

157/148/104/125/108/153
ドラパルト (Dragapult) @ King's Rock
Ability: Infiltrator
Sassy Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Darts
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower / Shadow Ball

Dragon Darts is very cool and eases some kills, works even better after a Max Knuckle. Flinches are nice. Dropping a meteor can be slightly faster than Sirfetch'd getting the final kill, at least you don't have to watch max move animations. After Leon loss 2 I put Shadow Ball on because stab and ghosts. Sirfetch'd could still get them with Brave Bird at least. Anyway Dragapult is neat, sometimes it dies but usually it lives, and I feel it always manages to do something. Never felt like a waste.
poke_icon_0975_00s_n.png

150/128/142/81/115/80
コオリッポ (Eiscue) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Ice Face
Adamant Nature
Dynamax Level: 5
- Zen Headbutt
- Waterfall
- Belly Drum
- Icicle Crash

Kind of slow, and getting to maximum potential was harder than I thought. I got it at least one time and killed a Tyranitar. Fortunately ended up with even HP.
poke_icon_0953_00s_n.png

148/103-1/83/141+1/82/154
Bubber (Inteleon) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Swift / Air Slash
- Ice Beam
- Snipe Shot
- Metronome

Didn't really use it much but it's fast. Bubber failed to KO Leon's Charizard with a sliver of HP remaining once, so I Kelpsy'd to a Calcium. Make a difference? I don't know. Midway through my 3rd set I put Air Slash over Swift. Metronome actually had some nice moments, usually as a finisher like drill peck vs Goodra or Bullet Seeding jellicent.

Originally had Inteleon and Eiscue as leads, used a couple times and quickly found it didn't work. Swapped with Sirfetch'd and Dragapult for the coverage and power and never looked back. Synergy and strategy could be better but I had fun just breaking through everything with dynamax. Fairies can be trouble but usually Dragapult can get a hit off first. Sometimes the AI didn't play that well, I saw some random switches, Fake Outs vs Dynamax and just not going for the kill. Noticed it more early on, so maybe it gets better. One time it even exploded and killed their last 2 mons.

My main problem through the journey was the undefeatable Leon, the source of my only losses. Somehow he always got the better of me. Sucker Punch Cinderace got me more than I'd like to admit, and his Charizard also seemed undefeatable, always outspeeding and killing my delicate team. After going through 2 straight sets and losses, I resorted to saving before Leon, so this team has a consistent streak of 10 wins.

The final fight was a lucky one.
Leon leads with Seismitoad and Inteleon. I start with an Airstream on Inteleon and launch some darts. Dragapult dodges Blizzard and executes the plan, Sirfetch'd also dodging a Power Whip and finishing Inteleon. Cinderace comes out, and I've learned from my mistakes. Dragapult avoids the Sucker Punch with Thunder Wave and Sirfetch'd airstreams it into the green*. Sirfetch'd takes a power whip, falling to about half health. Next turn I prepare for the end, going for Overgrowth on Seismitoad and Shadow Ball to Cinderace. Dragapult is hit with a crit Sucker Punch but barely hangs on, as does Cinderace. The dynamax fades, but my team is at +2 Speed as Charizard enters the field. It's not enough. Cinderace's paralysis luckily interrupts the fatal suckerpunch, and it dies to darts. Charizard still moves ahead, and Sirfetch'd is taken down by Max Strike. Inteleon dies to Overgrowth, but the distraction lets Dragapult live after its Draco Meteor, pushing Charizard to the yellow. Eiscue is the final reinforcement. For a moment I am conflicted on whether to Thunder Wave or shoot my trusty darts. In the end, the dragon darts barely finish Charizard off.

Thinking back on it, a sash on Inteleon would've helped, live and counter with a Torrent shot. Oh well. *I don't recall the moment, but I made clips a bit later and Cinderace's health is just above 50%. It was only 2 turns in and my PP shows up, so I'm pretty certain that I airstreamed it and based on calcs Sirfetch'd should've hit a lot harder. If only there were battle videos.

Last edited:
Long time follower of the Battle Facility forums, getting a bunch of cool ideas and trying out my own stuff but this will be the first time I posted. I decided that before Sw/Sh launched that I would do this so boy was I surprised when the games threw me a fast ball and did away with single-elimination style streaks. Regardless I imposed myself some rules and have both a singles and doubles team set ups with 100 win streak each.

My self-imposed rules were simply to not allow anything that previous Battle Facilities would have banned, so no Zacian/Zamazenta/Eternatus and that was it. Since Mega-evolution and Z-moves were allowed and heavily abused in the previous facilities for high streaks, I figured dynamaxing is fair game, besides I've run into trainers not named Leon that pull a surprise dynamax on me so all is fair in love and battle tower. Also I designed my teams just around Gen 8 Pokemon, not as a rule per se but I just like using the shiniest, newest toys.

My singles team is based on my favorite team set up from Gen 7 originally run by Makorel was a team around Porygon-Z/Normalium-Z Conversion. The idea was Porygon-Z would changed its type to electric and boost all of its stats to a +1 to start reigning down thunderbolts on anything that wasn't immune, and ice beam on stuff that was. There was a Mega-Gyarados and Kartana as backup very solid singles attackers that helped cover Porygon-Z's two main weaknesses, fast fighting types and nearly any ground type. There was 1 Pokemon from this gen that really reminded me the Porygon-Z conversion boost combo and that is my favorite sons, Falinks.

ezgif-2-0cfd0af03ae9.gif

Falinks "Proletarii" The Tower Master @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EV: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SpD
IV: 31/31/31/x/31/31 (hyper trained)
Jolly Nature
- No Retreat
- Close Combat
- Throat Chop
- Rock Slide

I made this team to honor my good shiny friends, the Proletarii, after hatching over 700 eggs to hatch my first Sw/Sh shiny. I loved this 'mon as soon as I saw 'em and they will be memorialized by the Battle Tower ribbon they earned as the Tower Master. Is Falinks the strongest Pokemon? Absolutely not, but they do try the hardest! Main strategy is simple, turn 1 No Retreat, turn 2 hit stuff where it hurts. Depending on the enemy comp, Falinks can often get all 3 knock-outs alone. Defiant makes intimidate users quiver in their boots as a -1 Atk gets turned into a +2, netting me +1 Atk ontop of my No Retreat +1. The only type that Falinks struggles with are fast psychic types with priority, like Mr. Rime surprisingly enough. I can usually get any hit in no weather condition thanks to the Focus Sash, guaranteeing a No Retreat set up, but 1 HP Falinks even at a +1 Spd is not going to get around everything. Sandstorm/Hail/Priority/Opposing focus-sash users all hurt Falinks a fair bit, but having Falinks take anywhere from 1-2 of the 3 mons out is a trade I and they are willing to made for the greater good. Close Combat is the go to move, doing more damage on neutral hits than even 2x super-effective throat chop and rock slide so I use the coverage moves very sparingly. I have also dynamaxed Falinks if I get a little cocky and want even more Atk boosts with Max-Knuckle, causing Falinks to bulldoze through any wall the Tower gives.

Falinks doesn't fight alone, and has some wonderful dragons at their beck and call in Dracovish and Duraludon.

1579723622413.png

Dracovish “Guy-O-Vish” @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
EV: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SpD
IV: 31/31/31/xx/31/31 (hyper trained)
Jolly Nature - minted
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Ice Fangs

Guy-O-Vish here is your standard affair scarfed Fishious Render, tearing up anything that is not immune to a Strong Jaw boosted Fishious Rend granted Guy-O-Vish doesn’t get outsped. This is also my go to choice for Leon’s G-Max Charizard. If Falinks is still out when Leon sends in the Charizard, dynamaxing and using Max-Rockfall will guarantee the OHKO even through the berry. But if you don’t have Falinks, as long as the Charizard didn’t get a +1 speed boost from Max-Airstream you will outspeed and OHKO.

1579723499786.png

Duraludon “Mekagojira” @ Assault Vest
Ability: Light Metal
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
IV: 31/xx/31/31/31/31 (hyper trained)
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Mekagojira is a tragic tale of breeding nearly 2000 eggs (with Masuda odds) that nearly broke me, but this shiny pez dispenser was worth it to me. Duraludon exists to fill in the gaps that Falinks and Dracovish miss, the biggest problem with this team is Fairy types and maybe Duraludon can’t switch in on high SpA fairies but after Falinks does some big damage, Duraludon with the Assault Vest is bulky enough to clean up after it. Duraludon is my main dynamaxer if Falinks didn’t need it for funsies.

Overall, my team comp here is pretty lackluster when it comes to answering with some of the niche threats the tower can throw at you, and all it will take is a sashed Gallade with some fairy backups to really mess the whole flow but after 100-0 win/loss record I can’t complain. Seeing my favorite sons fight so hard against all odds is truly inspiring.

My doubles team on the other hand uses my favorite mechanic to use for the last 4 generations, Trick Room. So many of my favorites are the slow, bulky, hard hitting variety that need a little extra team-support to become total monsters and Gen 8 provided with wonderful trick room support and new mons to abuse the heck out of it. So I will introduce you to my power couple of the Battle Tower, Hatterene and Grimmsnarl.

1579723524562.png

Hatterene “Rosina” @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EV: 252 SpA / 252 HP/ 4 SpD
IV: 31/xx/31/31/31/31(unfortunate)
Quiet Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Mystic Fire

My Trick Room setter who can set up on anything that isn’t a paralysis proc from thunderbolt or flinch (which is the job of Grimmsnarl to prevent that stuff from being used on T1). Magic Bounce is hilarious as opponents will taunt, swagger, thunder wave, will-o-wisp and yawn/hypnosis themselves as the husband and wife laugh. Sitrus Berry helps survive the first turn attack, even most SE steel or poison hits can’t OHKO her so Trick Room on T1 is nearly guaranteed. After trick room goes live, bombing enemies with her Dazzling Gleams and Psychic/Mystic Fire for basic poison/steel coverage. Hatterene’s husband props her up and lets her shine. The tragic tale of Rosina was a random shiny while breeding for 0 speed IV and of course it got 31 speed (why no reverse bottle caps gamefreak!) but she is still plenty slow enough and I go for prime aesthetic over optimization any day.

1579723539832.png

Grimmsnarl “Grendel” @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EV: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SpD
IV: 31/31/31/xx/31/31 (hyper trained)
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Darkest Lariat
- Light Screen
- Reflect

One of my favorite new supports to play with, Grimmsnarl is grotesque and lovable. T1 Fake Out to help his wife carry the team on her back on threats that look like they want to target her down. Dual ghost leads (particularly from Leon Aegislash/Dragapult) pose the biggest threat to getting Trick Room set up but that’s when the Prankster priority screens come into play. Grimmsnarl not having negative speed nature or 0 speed (shares with his wife) mainly doesn’t matter, once Grimmsnarl fake outs and sets up his screens his job is done and the switch in for either Cursola or Copperajah becomes really safe. Darkest Lariat for when a taunt comes in and doesn’t get bounced back by Hatterene and really helps with clearing out pesky ghost leads after screens are up. I have thought about doing either Spirit Break or Foul Play instead and making Grimmsnarl even bulkier but my team has worked fine with this set up and I have no plans on changing until my streak ends.

1579723557939.png

Cursola “Maclunkey” @ Choice Specs
Ability: Perish Body
EV: 252 SpA / 252 HP/ 4 SpD
IV: 31/xx/31/31/31/0 (hyper trained)
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain

The powerhouse of my team, Cursola represents the acidification of the world’s oceans due to rising temperatures and she brings that level of death and destruction on her opponents. Cursola becomes my go to dynamaxer (even though it disables Choice Specs, its more about opening up options and not being locked in for majority of the match). Cursola’s damage with specs is incredible and versatility with dynamax is respectable. She is blessed with so much type coverage, a ton of special bulk and an ability that has given me the win once. Perish Body procs when Cursola takes a contact hit and sets a 3 turn countdown until her and her target are deleted from the game forever knocked out.

1579723575221.png

Copperajah “Maha” @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EV: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SpD
IV: 31/31/31/xx/31/0 (hyper trained)
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Power Whip
- Protect

The Maharaja, the high king if you will of my team, the monster cube elephantus, Copperajah comes barreling in in Trick Room with Sheer Force, Life Orb boosted Iron Heads crushing any wall. If I don’t need the versatility of dynamaxing with Cursola, Copperajah here becomes another often target to throw out some Max moves. Rock Slide hits pretty hard even though Copperajah loses the ability to cause flinches, OHKOing targets makes it so you don’t need the flinch right? I have gone back and forth with Power Whip and Heat Crash debating on which is the best for my team comp but I’ve used power whip once in 100 battles so it hasn’t really mattered yet. Protect because someone on my team needs it I think right? It helped to get me that one win with Perish Body but other than that it also goes woefully underutilized.

This team synergizes considerably better than my singles one and not just with trick room and screen support but types as well. Being able to swap out Hatterene or Grimmsnarl from dangerous poison or fairy types into Copperajah feels great and the extra turns of screens for after Trick Room ends really helps push this team along if matches go on for 4+ turns.

So there’s my teams stories. They are certainly not optimal to continue with higher and higher streaks but they have provided me with more BP that I could ask for. I will come back after continuing both runs to see how far I get and detail out the eventual losses. Let me know what y’all think and hopefully Falinks inspires you to never surrender, go for it and take anyone down with you if you fall!

Last edited:
Not a huge addition to what's already been posted but I've got unbeaten 100 streaks on both Singles and Doubles Ubers (wanted to get it done now in case the expansions change the way the Tower works). Due to wanting BP and rewards primarily (Bottle Caps), I just made a simple hyper offence team to try and win as fast as possible.

Zamazenta
Adamant
Rusted Shield
Dauntless Shield
Hyper Trained to all IVs 31
4/252/0/0/0/252
Behemoth Bash
Psychic Fangs
Close Combat
Crunch

Just flip between Behemoth Bash and Close Combat depending on what's most effective. In Singles, I usually lead with this to give Eternatus the best chance of mopping up the rest of the team if Zamazenta goes down. Usually it suffers most against powerful ground-type moves but even then, I rarely bother switching it out as it's so fast and the +1 Def boost means it often survives the first turn anyway. Typically it goes down after getting 2 or 3 Close Combats away, but by then the match is over.

Psychic Fangs and Crunch just provide coverage when you can't get a better hit with Steel/Fighting.

Eternatus
Modest
Choice Specs
Pressure
Hyper Trained to all IVs 31
4/0/0/252/0/252
Dynamax Cannon
Sludge Wave
Hyper Beam
Flamethrower

Dynamax Cannon most of the time, especially in Singles. However, in Doubles, Sludge Wave can be a great alternative move because it doesn't affect Zamazenta, and the additional damage of hitting both foes can bring one into Zamazenta's range for KOing it. I probably only use it 20% of the time or less, mainly when there's a Fairy-type on the field. It also breaks sashes, Sturdy etc. The downside is that if Zamazenta goes down, you've got to switch Eternatus out to unlock its moves again.

I've never used Hyper Beam.

Flamethrower I only use in situations where I'm facing something 4x weak to Fire (which resists Dragon). I figure despite being locked into it, you're all but guaranteed an OHKO against that Pokemon, then you can switch to unlock its moves again.

G-Max Charizard
Modest
Heavy-Duty Boots
Blaze
Hyper Trained to 31/x/31/31/31/31
4/0/0/252/0/252
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Air Slash

I don't really know if this moveset is optimal but it does the job. I only expect Charizard to come in when the opponent is down to just one or two remaining Pokemon. Dynamax, then choose from Fire/Dragon/Flying coverage (and secondary effects). Blast Burn for maximum power on the G-Max move. Flamethrower is included for the situation where Charizard isn't Dynamaxed and doesn't want to use Blast Burn.

Heavy-Duty Boots have never actually been useful but they could potentially be. I expect that actually a Timid nature would be better but I haven't really had much motivation to change it.

Inteleon
Modest
Mystic Water
Torrent
Hyper Trained to 31/x/31/31/31/31
4/0/0/252/0/252
Snipe Shot
Hydro Cannon
Air Slash
Shadow Ball

I only include Inteleon in Doubles as a potential filler Pokemon. Usually it just uses Snipe Shot as an insurance policy to finish off any tricky foes. Potentially can Dynamax (so that's why Hydro Cannon is included), and then has Flying/Ghost coverage moves. In reality, I only use Inteleon in situations where I lose Eternatus/Zamazenta and the opposing Pokemon have an advantage over Charizard. Doubtless there are better options out there. Again, probably Timid would be better.

Against Leon in Singles, I lead Zamazenta, which usually takes care of his first two Pokemon. Then his Charizard takes a hit from Behemoth Bash, revenge-KOs Zamazenta, but I bring in Eternatus and finish the job with Dynamax Cannon. In fact, I've never had an issue with Leon because Behemoth Bash/Dynamax Cannon completely negate his Dynamaxing.

Against Leon in Doubles, Eternatus Dynamax Cannons no matter what Leon leads with, so it's ready to go when Charizard appears. Then it outspeeds and OHKOs.

After just 100 battles there are doubtless Pokemon out there that threaten this team, but I haven't encountered them. And since a hyper offence team like this isn't suited for going for incredibly long streaks anyway, being able to comfortably reach 100 as fast as possible is all I needed.

On paper Zacian is better with the free +1 Atk and Sacred Sword to ignore Evasion, but Zamazenta's additional longevity (particularly against weakish ground moves) and the power boost of Close Combat actually make it pretty viable. Against Focus Sash/Sturdy users, being able to survive one revenge attack can make a big difference.

My only wobble was in Singles, against a Trick Room team. I'd lost Zamazenta somehow, and when the opponent's final Pokemon came in it was Reuniclus (against my Eternatus). It used Rock Slide twice and got flinches both times, then finished Eternatus with a third Rock Slide. Charizard came in, but it Dynamaxed, which meant it survived Rock Slide, and OHKO'd Reuniclus with G-Max Wildfire. Possibly a bit more hax in that situation could have ended my streak.

I didn't really have any issues in Doubles, because the combination of Zamazenta/Eternatus is just ridiculous. Their shared Ground weakness looks bad, but if a threatening Ground type comes in I usually just concentrate all my attacks on it to make sure it doesn't get any attacks away. In a lucky battle, it lasts only two turns with Eternatus sweeping everything away with Sludge Wave.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the team and I'm looking to go for 200 (and the berry reward) when I can find the motivation. I mostly just wanted to post this to fly the flag for Zamazenta (over Zacian) and also for Sludge Wave on a hyper offensive Eternatus.

I don't have a beginning picture since my streak pre-dated this thread, but I just hit 100 WINS (still ongoing), so credit me at the beginning of Master Ball Tier (like 50 or so, haven't lost since the absolute first time I played)
Zacian @ Jolly (Star Wolf)
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd, Rusted Sword
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword
Crunch
Behemoth Blade

Snorlax-GMax @ Adamant (E. Honda)
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp. Def, Gluttony, Sitrus Berry
Self-Destruct
Heavy Slam
Protect
High Horsepower

Dragapult @ Timid (Dragonne)
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd, Infiltrator, Life Orb
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Quick Attack
Shadow Ball

And a random substitute I used part of my way through:

Eternatus @ Timid
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd, Lum Berry
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Dynamax Cannon
Dragon Pulse (yeah I know, could improve here, but it worked, so I'm listing as is)

So basically, this team leads the uber, looking to Swords Dance with Zacian and/or quick kills with Eternatus. If you can't kill and they're not weak to Snorlax, switch to it. Then you're going to G-Max and use a little abuse I found out. Self-Destruct doesn't explode while in G-Max form, so it's a hefty hefty attack in that format. You can also Max Steelspike or Max Quake to increase defense and special defense if needed.

Another neat trick is to use Gluttony to burn your berry fast and get another quick one with the G-Max move: Lax has the HP and bulk to pull this off nicely.

Dragapult, standard sweeper. Nothing special here. Used as a cleaner and/or to switch into fighting types.

Included is the obtaining of the 100 WINS for verification. Something went wrong including the Lansat Berry. :(

Mods, feel free to clean up my BBCode for teams and stuff, I don't know it offhand.

Attachments

Last edited:
Leaderboards have been added to the second post! Let me know if I have missed your streak or any of the details, such as rentals or ongoing status.
I will toss a discussion bone here.

With Home released, we also got access to a few formerly non available Pokemon.

Obviously, I'm not gonna say that Mewtwo or Kyurem or similar monsters should be allowed outside of the "ubers" category.

I would however break a lance in favor of allowing the minor mythicals (that at this point barely keep up in BST with some non-legendaries), and specifically Melmetal, Mew, Celebi, and Keldeo in regular streaks.
I would honestly include Jirachi too, even though it's a pretty strong Pokemon as it is, but in case Mew/Celebi would get accepted he should as well.

Keldeo expecially has nothing really different from the previously allowed trio of Terrakion, Cobalion and Virizion other than for whatever reason being classified as Mythical.

As for Melmetal, tecnically it's a weird case of not even having its own generation.

Obviously, I'm not gonna say that Mewtwo or Kyurem or similar monsters should be allowed outside of the "ubers" category.

I would however break a lance in favor of allowing the minor mythicals (that at this point barely keep up in BST with some non-legendaries), and specifically Melmetal, Mew, Celebi, and Keldeo in regular streaks.
I would honestly include Jirachi too, even though it's a pretty strong Pokemon as it is, but in case Mew/Celebi would get accepted he should as well.

Keldeo expecially has nothing really different from the previously allowed trio of Terrakion, Cobalion and Virizion other than for whatever reason being classified as Mythical.

As for Melmetal, tecnically it's a weird case of not even having its own generation.
Yeah I'm really curious to how Gen 7 battle tree would have handled meltan/melmetal if they would have been allowed or banned as "mythicals". Probably banned like the rest of the mythical, but with Melmetal being around now I definitely want to run some dream team trickroom stuff with the big nut.

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

I think this is a good idea. Since the game now makes it possible, allowing the 600BST crew is something that's been a long time coming and it'd be a fresh addition to the usual facility rules. They also wouldn't be of much use in Ubers, after the past-gen cover legends get added into the game.

600 BST sounds like a perfectly reasonable meta. It'd ban Slaking and Regigigas, but who uses those outside of R/S?

-James

Last edited:
End of streak, at 103.

Stupid me, didn't put Dynamax Candies on the Mewtwo going for the Ribbon on Leon, it was Modest, Cinderace was Timid, hits me with Shadow Ball, does a great deal of damage. Die from Life Orb damage, leaving Zacian exposed to G-Max Wildfire. :( Oh well. Got it the next round.

Restarting at 114.

Attachments

I have beaten the Battle Tower in Sword. I wasn't sure if I should post about my experiences with it here, but I decided to do so after thinking about it for a bit. This will mostly be for personal reference, I am not really contributing anything to the thread and I have nothing particularly interesting or impressive to report, so don't have any high expectations on this.
Initially, I wasn't really sure if I should actually give the Battle Tower a try. There were several reasons for that. Before the arrival of S/S, I had battled a lot at the Battle Tree and Battle Agency in Gen 7, beaten most of the battle facilities in the past generations as well as written my big battle facility project in 2018... to the point that I got sort of burned out on battling at battle facilities. With the arrival of Gen 8 (back when we only knew S/S as "Pokémon Switch"), I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue battling at battle facilities. While it has always been fun and challenging in the past, it has also made me very exhausted at times. After S/S had been released, I learned that they had a Battle Tower and that it had been heavily nerfed. Which made me even more unsure. But after beating the main game and completing the Galar Dex, I decided to give it a try despite the nerfs and changes. But I didn't have enough motivation or interest to create my own teams this time.

Before we get to my experiences at the Tower, I want to share my thoughts on the it in general. While there are some very big negative changes compared to past facilities, I think there are some positives too. So let's start with the things I like about it! I really like how the Battle Tower has its own unique battle music, just like the Subway. But unlike the battle music in the Subway, it is not just a remix of the regular trainer battle theme since it is a completely different and original theme. And if that wasn't enough, Tower battle theme is really awesome. And for those that don't like it or don't want to hear it, the Tower gives the option to choose from any other battle music that exists in the games. At least I think so, not sure if there are any battle themes that are excluded from the available options.

I like how quickly you enter the Tower, it feels like entering (from when you first talk to the attendant to when you get to start battling) goes much faster compared to the Tree which always felt like it took much longer time. At least it felt like that to me. Rental teams are still a thing just like in Gen 7, which is great. The downside being that you need NSO to get them now (unless it is possible to use any rental teams without NSO? If so, I didn't manage to figure it out). You also get item rewards after certain numbers of battles won in the Tower just like in the Tree, but unlike in the Tree, you get the items directly without having to lose first. I'm also quite happy about the removal of the (Super) Multi line since I never really liked it, I would most likely not have bothered with it this time around if it had been kept. I also don't mind how they removed the Normal and Super lines this time around and just kept one of them (which is essentially the Super line but without the Super name). While I thought this split was really good back when it first happened in Gen 5, it has become more and more unnecessary throughout the years so I'm fine with them getting rid of it now.

Unfortunately, there are many negatives to the Tower as well. There are the obvious nerfs of how losing doesn't really affect your progress in any way (I think?) since your win number doesn't reset and I'm unsure if it is possible to drop in rank/tier. There is no way to actually prove what you have done at the Tower since you can't save Battle Videos and as said, your win number doesn't reset after losing. Being unable to save videos is annoying for another reason too: there is no good way to showcase losses or hard/interesting battles. The Tower also gives you an unfair advantage since you can use any legendaries while the opponent's can't, and it seems like only a few opponents use Dynamax while you can use it whenever you want. Leon is the only trainer in the Tower who uses Gigantamax, which you can also use whenever you want. On the whole, any challenge you want to have at the Tower has to be self-imposed, which is a huge step down from previous battle facilities.

And that's unfortunately not all. You only get 2 BP after every battle no matter how far you get, making it a hassle if you want to farm large amounts of BP, something that was very easy in the Tree and the Maison. Unlike in the Tree or Maison, you can't battle for how long you want since you automatically get escorted out of the battle zone in the Tower after reaching a new rank/tier or after beating Leon. But as said earlier, entering the Tower goes pretty fast so it isn't that bad. Regarding Leon, I don't like how he is the only special trainer you get to face in the Tower. While I think he is really cool and I like him as a character, I think they should have had several other special trainers like in the Tree. They could have done something like this: you only get to face Leon until you beat him at the Master Ball Tier, then you get to face him or another special trainer every 10th battle afterwards. Another negative is that there is also no way to see your current battle number while you are battling at the Tree. I guess that isn't an issue for most people but it was annoying for me since I was going for specific numbers. Lastly, something partly unrelated to the Tower, but I don't like how there's no secondary facility to go along with it, which has otherwise been the standard for all first pairs since B/W.

On the whole, the Battle Tower in S/S feels like the first real step down regarding the standard battle facility. Which is a shame since the standard battle facility has previously always gotten better in each new generation (at least in my opinion). It also feels like a step down for battle facilities in general. In my opinion, something like this has never happened before in the series, so this is really sad to see.

As for my own experiences with the Tower... as said earlier, I couldn't be bothered to train any teams of my own. Because of all the nerfs to the Tower and the fact that I have been losing a bit of interest in Pokémon on the whole combined with how much traditional breeding I did during Gen 6/7... I just decided to not do it this time around. And as I have said at earlier points, I have never considered myself to be good at creating original teams that actually work. So I used rental teams instead. I hope that's okay for this thread. It was for the Tree in Gen 7, so I assume that it is fine here as well. During my 7-day free trial of NSO, I checked through this thread and got all the rental teams I could find (4 in total). I ended up using all of them while battling at the Tower. Credit will be given to those who originally created the teams.

As for my battle style or what you should call it, I did not look up opposing sets while battling at the Tower.

That's my introduction, next up are the teams I used and my experiences with them.
I wasn't sure far I should go at the lines since I didn't know at what point you had "completed" them, but I decided to win 70 battles here since that felt like it should be enough.

I only used one team for Single. The team in question was this team by Magicxgame. It consists of Zacian, Gyarados and Eternatus.

This team was really good. Zacian soloed most opposing teams, probably 80-90% of them. I often attacked right away, but Swords Dance was an alternative against bulkier Pokémon, if I had a good opportunity to set up or in other situations where I felt that it was necessary. Play Rough was a bit risky since it only has 90% accuracy, but it never missed in any important situation. Zacian could have had a bit better coverage though, it is unable to deal neutral damage to some Pokémon such as Charizard, Chandelure and Aegislash with this moveset. The backups weren't used as much but they also worked. Eternatus hit hard with strong moves, while Gyarados could set up and then Dynamax away, or attack/set up without Dynamaxing. Both of them had great coverage with strong moves.

Most battles with the team were really easy, but I had two close battles along the way. The first one was against an Imposter Ditto which transformed into Zacian and almost swept me. I don't remember how I won that battle, but it was very close. The second one was a battle against Leon. He started with a Haxorus which must have been set 3 or 7. I used Play Rough with Zacian, the Haxorus survived thanks to its Focus Sash and used Dragon Dance. It was faster than me on the next turn and defeated Zacian with Reversal. I sent out Gyarados, but got defeated by a Crit Rock Slide. I don't think I Dynamaxed, guess I should have done that. I sent out Eternatus and fortunately, the Haxorus decided to use Dragon Dance, allowing me to defeat it with Dynamax Cannon. Leon's two last Pokémon were Charizard and Rillaboom, both were easy for Eternatus to defeat. But that was still a rather close battle.

Other than this, I also remember that I fought a trainer (I believe it was a Youngster) who Dynamaxed his Drapion during the battle. That surprised me greatly since before that battle, I thought Leon was the only trainer in the Tower who could use Dynamax (though he uses Gigantamax, but my point still stands). This battle was no problem but I thought it was worth mentioning.

On the whole, I found this team to be very good. Battles mostly went by fast and easy, I can strongly recommend this team to anyone who wants to reach Max Rank and Master Ball Tier in Single quickly and efficiently. I can also see it working for getting high streaks, but since I have only done 70 battles with it, I might be wrong.

As said, my goal was to win 70 battles in Single, and I accomplished it with this team. It is 70 battles in a row as well, since I didn't lose any battle along the way. So that makes it an ongoing streak of 70 battles, which is cool.
For Double, I had originally planned to win 70 battles just like in Single. But since I had 3 different teams and I wanted to make things fair between them, I decided to win 30 battles with each team, which would give me a total of 90 wins.

Team 1:

The team I used for the first 30 battles was this team by DaWoblefet. It consists of Zacian, Eternatus, Gyarados and Rotom-Heat.

This team was very easy and straightforward to use. Zacian and Eternatus are extremely powerful leads, they destroyed most opposing teams on their own. However, I found Eternatus' Dynamax Cannon surprisingly underwhelming here, it didn't always OHKO opponents whenever I used it, which was very unexpected. I had to use Gyarados and Rotom a few times here but not that often. I Dynamaxed Gyarados a few times when I used it, but not always. There weren't any close battles along the way, I am pretty sure I had at least 3 Pokémon still alive at the end of every battle. In the very worst case scenario, Zacian or Eternatus had fainted while the other one was heavily damaged. But it was never any real danger in those situations. I remember that I met an Imposter Ditto along the way here as well, and like when I met the previous one in Single, it copied Zacian. But this time, I defeated it easily by ganging up on it in order to take it out before it could cause any major issues.

I don't have much else to say here. This team is really good and the leads alone are enough to beat most opponents. I can definitely recommend this team for anyone who wants to reach Max Rank and Master Ball Tier in Double, and I can see this team work for getting high streaks as well. But again, there's a chance I'm wrong since I only did 30 battles with it.

Team 2:

The team I used for the next 30 battles was this team by insanemaniac. It consists of Weavile, Gyarados, Zacian and Eternatus.

This team is similar to the previous one, with 3 out of 4 Pokémon being the same. But at the same time, there are several important differences. It had to be played differently compared to the previous team since the legendaries were the backups and not the leads this time around. Some of the movesets also differed from the ones I had used before. My main strategy with this team was to use Fake Out with Weavile and Dragon Dance with Gyarados on turn 1, then Dynamax Gyarados and sweep, gaining Moxie boosts as it defeated opponents. Weavile could support once more with Fling if necessary. Gyarados often became unstoppable after getting enough Attack boosts from Moxie combined with the Speed boosts and Rain from the Max moves. I let Weavile do what it could before it fainted, or switched it out if I felt that it wasn't worth letting it faint. Zacian or Eternatus could take over after Weavile or Gyarados had fainted, they were powerful sweepers here as well. I occasionally switched out Gyarados as well, but it was rare. One situation I can remember was when I was up against two Electric-type leads.

I guess there are some alternatives for the team's movesets. insanemaniac has some ideas for changes in the original post, and I agree with several of them. Weavile could definitely benefit from having a stronger Ice-type move, Ice Punch could go over either Throat Chop or Ice Shard. But this still worked, Throat Chop was useful as a strong Dark-type move and for other random stuff, I once used it to prevent a Liepard from using Hyper Voice and felt happy afterwards. Ice Shard could also be good at times, having a move with increased priority is never bad. I guess another alternative could be to remove Fling as well as change the King's Rock for a Focus Sash since I found that one turn of flinching was usually enough for this team to win. But this worked, so I'm not really sure.

I would not remove Dragon Dance on Gyarados since I found that setting up once before Dynamaxing was extremely useful. Though I suppose Earthquake could also be used over Dragon Dance if you don't want to set up, this could make it easier against Electric-types. Just an idea.

Zacian's moveset could be changed though, I missed Play Rough and Close Combat since the two previous Zacian I used had those moves. Those two moves could be used over Psychic Fangs and Sacred Sword. I'm not sure if I ever used Psychic Fangs. While it has better accuracy than Play Rough, it doesn't get a STAB bonus. Close Combat is much stronger than Sacred Sword while Sacred Sword can ignore Defense and Evasion boosts, so it has a extra purpose over Close Combat. Though I never got into any situations where that would have made a difference. I did not miss Swords Dance since it is harder to find opportunities to set it up in Double, and Crunch was very useful for coverage.

Eternatus could also use some changes. The only two moves I ever used with it was Dynamax Cannon (which once again was a bit underwhelming, I remember that it failed to OHKO a Jolteon once) and Flamethrower. Sludge Bomb is standard and should definitely stay. I would also keep Flamethrower for sure, but I guess Flash Cannon could be changed. Though I'm not sure what could be used over it. Maybe something like Eternabeam or Draco Meteor since the previous 2 Eternatus I used had these moves, but I never used them on these teams, so I don't really know. I guess there's also Shadow Ball, but I don't think it offers any significant coverage. It feels like 3 moves are enough for Eternatus in most if not all situations.

With this team, I had one really close battle along the way. It was against a Hiker who had a team consisting of Mudsdale, Froslass, Quagsire and Rhyperior. I misplayed and lost both Weavile and Gyarados on turn 1. I completely forgot that Mudsdale could have Inner Focus and I did not expect Froslass to use Thunderbolt (which was something I definitely should have expected). After that, I sent out Zacian and Eternatus. They managed to sweep the entire opposing team, but it was close. Zacian also got heavily damaged along the way.

There was also another battle which is worth mentioning, it was my last battle against Leon with this team. It wasn't very close and I don't remember the exact details, but I only had two members of my team left near the end of the battle, he managed to defeat the first two. But at that point he only had his Aegislash left against my two team members, giving me an easy victory.

Other than that, I had at least 3 Pokémon alive at the end of every battle. And I believe the only one that ever fainted during those battles was Weavile.

On the whole, this was another good team. It was a bit different compared to the previous one but I can definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to reach Max Rank and Master Ball Tier. I can see it work for getting long streaks too, I'm not surprised by insanemaniac's streak and I can definitely see it working for getting even longer streaks.

Lastly, I just want to say this to insanemaniac. I'm sorry, but I didn't like the nickname for your Eternatus! The nicknames for the others were fine. I just prefer more serious nicknames for Pokémon. Still a great team though!

Team 3:

The team I used for the last 30 battles was this team by Adamant Zoroark. It consists of Dracovish, Whimsicott, Galarian Weezing and Gyarados.

I decided to save the team with no legendaries for last in order to make it more challenging for myself.

This was another great team. The main strategy was to set up Tailwind with Whimsicott on turn 1, then destroy everything with Dracovish's Fishious Rend. Whimsicott and the others did of course help, but Dracovish did most of the job here. Fishious Rend was the only move I ever used with it, never clicked the others. The move in question defeated a vast majority of opponents, only a few survived. I had to switch out Dracovish a few times in some situations, such as where its Attack had been lowered or against two bulky Grass-type leads, but those situations were rare. I usually put priority on defeating Pokémon that could defeat Dracovish since I wanted to keep it alive in the battle for as long as possible.

Whimsicott usually set up Tailwind and then attacked, though I had it use Taunt as well on a few occasions. It was usually the first to faint on the team, sometimes I switched it out if that felt like the better alternative or if I wanted to let it stay alive for a potential comeback later in the battle. Gyarados was the third most used Pokémon, I usually Dynamaxed it right away whenever it got out on the battlefield. It could support the team with Rain and Grassy Terrain, Dracovish benefitted greatly from the Rain. The Wacan Berry let it survive an Electric move from a Manectric once, so that was good. Weezing was the one I used the least, it was sent out whenever I needed to get rid of an annoying Ability on the opposing side, or when I needed it for offensive coverage or defensive support.

I had no super close battles with this team, the closest one happened when I got down to only having 2 Pokémon left because an opposing Crustle unexpectedly activated its Quick Claw. But that wasn't a close or scary battle since I was about to win anyway. Other than that, I always had at least 3 Pokémon still alive at the end of every battle.

There was also another battle which wasn't close, but worth mentioning anyway. I met an opposing trainer who was also leading with a Dracovish and I decided to try to defeat it with Fishious Rend... only to find out that it had Water Absorb. I didn't know that it could have Water Absorb as an Ability. I have to shamefully admit that I don't know the Abilities of all the Gen 8 Pokémon, and there are some from the previous generations that I'm not 100% sure about either (and some that I have forgotten about, such as Mudsdale with Inner Focus which I mentioned earlier). But I guess there are some things you have to learn the hard way. The rest of this battle wasn't close, but it got very scary in the beginning because of the mistake I made there.

Lastly, there's one more thing that happened with this team. I met another regular trainer who Dynamaxed a Pokémon. This time, I wrote down who it was: League Staff Lazlo, who Dynamaxed his Inteleon on turn 1. The battle itself was no problem, just an easy victory as usual, but I thought I'd mention that it happened.

That's it for this team. To summarize, this team was really good and quite easy to use too. Dracovish destroyed most opponents extremely hard. I can recommend this team to anyone who wants to reach Max Rank and Master Ball Tier. I can see it work to get long streaks too... guess that's the fourth time I'm saying that. But yeah, all of the teams I used for the Tower were really good. Looking back, I find it funny how all four teams featured a Gyarados. I guess that (Dynamax) Gyarados is just a really good Pokémon for the Tower, both in Single and Double.

In the end, I won 30 battles with each team, just as planned. I didn't lose any battles along the way, which gives me ongoing streak of 90.
With this, I consider myself done with the Tower... at least for now. I might give it another try in the future, but I'm not sure. Making a team or two of my own might be fun, but as said before, I'm not particularly good at it. And I really don't feel like doing it right now. That said, since the stakes are quite low at the Gen 8 Tower and there are no real disadvantages when it comes to losing, maybe this is actually the best opportunity to try and make fun teams of my own that aren't necessarily the best, or even good at all? So... maybe in the future. That said, not having access to all existing Pokémon is a huge blow, which makes the whole thing less interesting and motivating for me.

I also consider myself done with Sword on the whole until the first DLC pack hits the world in June. Speaking of which, I'm really curious if the DLC will do anything to "update" the Tower? Or add more battle facilities? Though that feels more like a dream than anything, but we'll see. It will at least give us players a large amount of previously unusable Pokémon to use in the Tower, and a few completely new ones as well, so that's something. And with the recent release of Pokémon Home, we have gotten a bunch of new Pokémon to use in the Tower as well, so that's cool.

Lastly, one more thing. In the past, I have said that I will go back and complete the Subway in Gen 5 for real. And that still stands, it is going to happen... at some point. I can't say when. All I can say is that it will be done. Maybe at some point this year, or maybe later in the future. So far, I have started doing some planning for it, though there's still a lot left. But I will get it done eventually. This is not the end.

I have beaten the Battle Tower in Sword.
I appreciate your review! I'm glad you enjoyed using the team. I've made a few changes since that post and I will update the team when I lose (lol) or reach 1035+ wins (to be certain in my mind I'm at a 1000+ streak), currently upwards of 700 with no changes since around 300 or 400. Most notably, I ditched weavile and eternatus for raichu and mr rime. Raichu does everything weavile did, but also negates random thunderbolts. And its weakness profile is more in line with Gyarados and switching into an air balloon holder, so I don't see random focus blasts getting thrown around the way I did with weavile. Mr rime is slightly less useless than eternatus, freeze dry nets a ko once in a while against many things Gyarados can't just eat in one shot and when Mr rime comes in, his purpose is always more clear. And he doesn't have a terrible nickname for a terribly useless filler.

On the whole, I've slowed down a lot, so I prolly won't be updating that soon. But it's nice to see someone enjoyed the team, and a bit motivational.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
  1. No Legendary Pokemon

@

(M) @
, Timid, Prankster

(M) @

(M) @
, Jolly, Moxie

A quick update here - I’m currently up to 197 consecutive wins (234 - 37).

As for current thoughts, Weezing could probably use a more optimal set (Clear Smog doesn’t feel too useful and the EV spread could be more optimal). I’ve given thought to using Strange Steam instead of Dazzling Gleam, but I’m unsure about an imperfect accuracy move on a Pokémon that isn’t the primary Dynamax user. Thunderbolt over Clear Smog, maybe?

E1912043-5CAE-461F-A53C-94BA61BB4882.jpeg

Bulbapedia & Serebii still have the double Fire Blast Clefable set unchanged, for those of you who were wondering. For those who want to double check on Serebii, Aya uses this.

My Ghost spam HO team's hit 50 wins in singles, so I might as well post 'em:

Clarice Cliff (Polteageist) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass

Okay, when I said "Ghost spam team," I meant "Mostly Polteageist." 90% of games boil down to Shell Smash followed by three Max Phantasms (but don't be afraid to D-Max turn one; even an unboosted Polteageist hits like a truck full of smaller trucks). Her only real issues are with Dark-types, priority before she has a chance to set up Psychic Terrain, opposing Sashes and Ditto, which is where SmashPass and the rest of the team come in...

Zigzagoon Stardust (Obstagoon) @ Flame Orb
Shiny: Yes
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Obstruct

To be honest, you could use any good Dark resist as your main SmashPass recipient, but I like using Obstagoon because he looks like David Bowie he completely improofs Polteageist, being immune to both moves. I did play with a few different moves in the third slot, but CC both nukes the Dark-types he's there to nuke and grants the broken-ass Max Knuckle.

Stormbringer (Aegislash) @ Spell Tag
Shiny: Yes
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Atk
IVs: 0 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- King's Shield

And here's the Ghost spam. The reliable ol' Crumbler provides priority, a second method of improofing (the Spell Tag ensures that Sneak always OHKOs a Ditto transformed into a -1 Def Polteageist) and general Aegislash-ness. Again, though, this teamslot's pretty variable; before Home let me transfer my Aegislash, I used the other two to farm ribbons for 100 games. =P

Last edited:
Leaderboards have been added to the second post! Let me know if I have missed your streak or any of the details, such as rentals or ongoing status.
My trick room Gmax Snorlax team tapped out at 177 wins. Lost to a steel type team featuring a Copperajah that had a focus sash and hit a zen headbutt on my Conkeldurr, and an Aegislash along with Mimikyu. The CPU was able to stall out my trick room using King's Shield and I lost to the Aegislash with my Snorlax and it came down to the last hit in the 1v1 because he outsped me in the end. Really enjoyed running the team. Might try to run something weather based next go around or see if a perish trap team works in battle tower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)