9th Place-Haxed Out of the Invite, Yet the Journey Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHOUTOUT TO andrea, JRank, Human, King_N, dragonboy52, pokemonrocks777, Aqueos, GreySong, Cybertron, and everyone else that helped me make the team, get the mons, and help me playtest for the tournament!!!! <3<3<3<3<3

I'll quickly sum up the ride to Nationals before I get into the action. We took a charter bus(like 55 Texans) and drove to Indianapolis. It was a blast and at one point, we stopped at WalMart to get food for the hotel. We were stranded there for like 4 hours because our stupid bus driver got lost coming back to get us(he had to drop some people off to the hotel early so that they could preregister for TCG Nationals). Everyone on the bus assumed he went to KFC to get chicken and got sidetracked, which was pretty messed up. He actually went to another WalMart I believe and thought we were there(EPIC FAIL!). What started as a shopping spree to WalMart at 1:30 in the afternoon ended up as a tragic "crash" at WalMart until about 5:00 PM. It was insane. -___- Anyways, back to VGC.

So my story starts like 2 weeks before Nationals. I had no team ready, no team planned, and I had been getting brainfarts each and every day leading up to VGC Nationals. Well, after comparing my Regionals team(which i was thinking of using at Nationals) to all the other teams I had been seeing at the other VGC Regionals, I came to the fact that I would get raped at Nationals as I really don't understand the metagame at all.
:( I had been talking to Human a lot about teams and he gave me some great ideas, so I slowly started testing and sure enough, his expertise helped me build a pretty solid team. Here were the Pokemon(won't be giving EVs and movesets as I might be using the team at LCQ so yeahh):

Musharna AKA LilTunechi

Volcarona AKA CRITICO YO!

Scrafty AKA JRankin'Up

Landorus AKA Hanuman

Terrakion AKA musicmeister

Thundurus AKA Get ZHENG'D

This team was working up until the night before Nats when me, Simon, pokemonrocks777, and some others went on PO. I got haxed out every game and lost 15 straight. Sadly, I shut down my computer and went to sleep, thinking of how I would get PWNed at Nationals. There was a chance that the hax Gods would aid me in the main tournament, but that was just a thought. Little did I know that such Gods did exist and that this Hindu would get some much-needed hax in the endgame.

Saturday-VGC Nationals Main Event

I arrive at the Convention Center at around 8:00 AM to go see my friends in TCG Nationals. We made a deal that if I cheered them on, they'd cheer me on. Sure enough, I had the Texas crowd chanting, "CRITICO!" as I began my first round. I got the name CRITICO! for getting a crit last round at Worlds last year with 1% HP left against a 50% Giratina. Shadow Sneak FTW! Anyways, so starts the journey...

Round 1 VS EnFuego(The man that crushed my friend's dreams in the LCQ)

I watched my friend, Simon, battle EnFuego in Round 3 in the Last Chance Qualifier a day before. Simon had lost Round 1 at Dallas Regionals due to the fact that he had no idea Mental Herb would stop Taunt(I told him this at least a hundred times before the competition smh). Anyways, Simon obviously lost to EnFuego and he recorded the video. Simon had the win in 3 SEPARATE TURNS IN THE GAME. He picked his team in about 20 seconds and made each move in 5-7 seconds so now I began to understand why he lost. So. I sit down and start talking to EnFuego, informing him that he crushed my friend's dreams in the LCQ, but in a very friendly manner. I promised Simon I would win this match for him. And we start... I lead Scrafty/Thundurus against his Eelektross/Samurott i believe. I have bad memory so sorry. :( The match comes all the way down to 2-2, my Volcarona/Thundurus to his Eelektross/Thundurus. Before he KOed my Thundurus, I left his Eelektross with a good 40% left. It was my full health Volcarona to his full health Thundurus and 40% Eelektross. He Thunderbolts me to 5-10% range and I Heat Wave. Eelektross gets KOed and Thundurus gets hit by a crit and burn, which KOs Thundurus at the end of the turn. In my head I scream, "UN GOLPE CRITICO!!!!!" We shake hands and I tell him to keep winning from now, which he ended up doing. He was a really chill dude. :D

1-0

Round 2 vs random

I don't remember this game much but in the middle of the match, he starts writing stuff on the table. I'm like, "Dude what the heck are you doing?!" He says, "Nothing...?" and drops his pen. It looked like he was scouting my team for someone which I dont understand why as I'm a noob. :/ Anyways, it was a fairly easy match. I won 3-0 while sweeping with Thundurus and Landorus and Volcarona. :D

2-0

Round 3 vs Josh Cohen

This was a very weird match as we both lead Thundurus/Scrafty. He made a terrible misplay first turn and Faked Out my Scrafty AFTER I Faked Out his Thundurus. So I got a free T-Wave off on Thundurus. Next turn, i double attack Scrafty for the KO with T-Bolt/Drain Punch and Thundurus brings my Thundurus to 40%. He sends out a Tornadus and sets up Tailwind as I T-Bolt it for the KO. It goes downhill for him from there as he is left with a paralyzed Thundurus. I win 2-0.

3-0

I am ecstatic right now being up 3-0 and only having to win 2 more games to make Top 16. In a very happy mood, I look at the pairings as my heart sinks seeing that I have to play a good friend of mine, Greysong.

Round 4 vs Greyson G. AKA Greysong

I dont want to go into this match much as he is attending Worlds and I don't want to really disclose anything about his team. I lost from turn 1. I lead a Volcarona and Overheated his Haxorus, and it missed. :.( I also T-Waved Haxorus, but it didn't matter as I alrady was behind in mons. :( Fun though xD lol
3-1

Round 5 vs Duy Ha (AKA Bianca222)

This was a really good match mainly because I got to go head-to-head against one of the two brothers of the Ha Dynasty. He was a really really chill guy and we couldn't stop talking about our soccer shoes lol (I had blue/orange Nike Mercurials and Duy had lime-green Nikes). BADASS! Anyways, I don't remember much but I believe it was a one-sided game in his favor and he won 2-0.

3-2

Shiiiiiiii. I start panicking now as one more loss and my Nats run is over. D: I look at the pairings and i say, "Crap! It's Ryuzaki." This one should be a fun match <----- sarcasm :/

Round 6 vs Trista M. AKA Ryuzaki(Southern VGC Reg Champ)

One of the weirdest teams I had ever seen, but by far one of the most effective. After seeing much of her team at Reg, I sorta knew what to expect, but she played it almost flawlessly. I T-Waved her Musharna expecting Telepathy due to her other mons but it was Synchronize, which crippled my Thundurus. It went downhill from there, and it came down to my Musharna vs her Eelektross. I was at full health while she was at 90%. She Tbolts me to 25-30ish% and time is called. I had clicked Moonlight the turn before after watching the time left. Musharna used Moonlight and my HP slowly went up. "Please Hanuman, give me enough HP to win this match off Moonlight time." HP kept going and going and going... and stopped. The game paused for a second and chose the winner... IT WAS ME!!! Sure enough, Musharna used Moonlight to about 92% and I was declared the winner! I couldnt believe it! Most epic match EVER :D:D:D:D:D

4-2

This is it. The final match that decides who makes Top Cut. I look at the pairings and realize that I'm playing down, which sucks. D:

Round 7 vs IDR the name lolol

He was really chill and told me he prolly wouldn't make Top cut with a 4-3, but promised to give me a hard fought match. Effffff, I was hoping I had an easy opponent but this guy was good. Turn 1, I T-Waved right into a Substitute which pretty much screwed me over. I managed to come back by going all UN GOPLE CRITICO!-mode and brought it down to 1-1. I had a full HP Volcarona vs his full HP Conkeldurr. I used Overheat and got the OHKO, winning the game. It was SUCH a close game and I breathed a great sigh of relief. I did it. I lost to 2 really beast players, but managed to pull through.

5-2

I run to the pairings board and find that I'm 7th Seed playing Michael Floccare, AKA DukeTheDevil the next day in Top 16. After talking to some Smogonites and finding out who made Top 16, I went over to TCG Side Events and won a total of 40 packs :D Thank god i had SOME skill in TCG jaja Anyways, I get some food and go to sleep early.

Saturday: TOP CUT TIME!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am honestly nervous as hell as idk what Duke is using, and he prolly already knows that I'm using. Anyways, I sit down and we start the MOST HAXIEST MATCHES I'VE EVER PLAYED! :O

Game 1:

We have semi-identical leads with both of us using Scrafties, but I have Volcarona. I use Overheat on his Thundurus and it misses. That right there is pretty much game. If I had hit the Overheat, I wouldve won as Thundurus wrecked my team. I was really depressed at this point.

0-1

Game 2:

Depressed as hell, I put together a goodstuffs team of 4 and enter game 2. I predict almost perfectly and leave him with an Amoonguss against my Thundurus and Volcarona. He applauds me on my predicting and forfeits.

1-1

Game 3:

This is it, this determines the Top 8 player. I lead Landorus/Thundurus against his Scrafty/Terra. He Fake Outs my Thundurus and Rock Slides, which also flinches Landorus -__- while Thundurus avoids. Next turn, he Rock Slides again and flinches Thundurus, which cost me the game. Later on, Im left with full health Scrafty against his full health Terrakion locked into Rock Slide and his burned Scrafty due to Flame Body Volcarona. He uses Rock Slide and flinch/crits me. Basically, I got hit by 3 crits and 3 flinches in this one match and I was not happy at all. I wouldve easily taken out Terrakion with my Moxie Scrafty and burn cut his attack in half so I most likely would have pulled the win. But nevertheless, GJ Duke. Fun games bro and glad you made Top 4 :)

1-2

I get kicked out of Top 16 and sadly go face my friends who were so enthusiastically cheering me on. They saw the battle vid and told me I had the win but lost to bad hax. The first game was the most depressing as twice I had the game one, but both Overheats missed. :(((( Regardless of the hax and all, I had a blast, finally getting to meet Cybertron and Human and many others(Porii Sames, BabbyTron, destinybond, DukeTheDevil, TTS, andrea, Greysong, and many more).

Nationals was even better than last year as the more Smogonites, the better! I got everything booked and reserved to go to Worlds (only spent $500ish for EVERYTHING :D). I'm more prepared this time around as I know my team's flaws and all so hopefully I can carry Texas through the LCQ and into Worlds. I haven't been in a VGC LCQ before, but it's definitely going to be one heck of a trip. I cant wait to see all the Smogonites around the world and have the privilege of being able to compete for a chance to get into my 4th consecutive Worlds competition, 08 and 09 in TCG and 2010 and potentially 2011 for VGC. Everyone that I forgot to mention, I have bad memory so forgive me but you all made this journey a blast.

Props:

-Cybertron<3<3<3<3<3
-Human for being a beast
-Texas charter bus
-WHY SO GREY BRO?!?!?!
-key UN GOPLE CRITICO!s
-Smogonites for being badass
-all the new smogon friends i made
-bus was a blast :D
-on the LCQ in Cali

Slops:

-Top 16 bad hax
-hax
-hax
-no Top 16 Worlds invites :(
-uncomfortable bus ride D:
-ditched at WalMart by some weirdass bus driver >:O

1st!! lol It was so awesome meeting you broski!!! Can't wait to see you again at Worlds!! ;D WHY SO GREY BRO!?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Look like I'll be seeing you Friday, hopefully we'll both be among top 8 to make it to Saturday if we don't have to face each other.

Game 1:

We have semi-identical leads with both of us using Scrafties, but I have Volcarona. I use Overheat on his Thundurus and it misses. That right there is pretty much game. If I had hit the Overheat, I wouldve won as Thundurus wrecked my team. I was really depressed at this point.
Dude i have no idea what you are talking about. You never used volcarona. You lead Musharna Scrafty and i won since i taunted it when you tried to TR and you didnt run mental herb.

why no shout out to me???? :(
Haha I didn't know you bro! XD Nationals was mainly independent for me :/

Duke-I believe I had Volcarona in back, I know I lead Musharna/Scrafty and I believe Thundurus/Volcarona in back. Of course I was crippled due to no TR, but if I recall correctly, an Overheat missed. Might have been another game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)